Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So what happened with Pinalto?

Started by charlie harper, May 16, 2006, 09:53:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pseudorabies

I am only unhappy when we lose.  And we have been doing that a lot lately.  What can you not understand about that?

the donger

WilsonHog

Quote from: turbo2000 on May 16, 2006, 10:21:18 pm
Did John White not say when Nutt was hired one of the requirements would be to build a fence around the state of Arkansas to keep the talent from leaving?

I believe so.

However, I know for a fact that ol' JFB said, "Winning will become habitual!"

I was pretty jacked up when I heard it. It only took me eight years to figure out he wasn't talking about Arkansas.

pseudorabies

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 16, 2006, 10:24:44 pm
Did John White not say when Nutt was hired one of the requirements would be to build a fence around the state of Arkansas to keep the talent from leaving?

I believe so.

However, I know for a fact that ol' JFB said, "Winning will become habitual!"

I was pretty jacked up when I heard it. It only took me eight years to figure out he wasn't talking about Arkansas.

Didn't you see the footnote, Wilson?

"Winning will become habitual!"*

*Only when referring to Track

Richard_white

Quote from: codeHog on May 16, 2006, 10:20:20 pm
so who have we lost that has killed our program? I don't see how that Nutt has done so bad in Arkansas. Back to back losing records and fans are supposed to be  happy? Sure we have suffered but will it turn around? Nutt asked for two years, now we will see. He has one year and I am willing to give it to him and just pull for my Hogs.

But by golly, I will have to wins for any game we win. One because I love the Hogs and two, because I know a Hog win will make you Nutt haters so freaking unhappy  :)

I wonder if Larry Cooker can ask for a 2 year pass. Or if Steve Spurrier came to the AD and said, we are going to SUCK for a few years is that okay?

If that was true Danny Ford should have been smarter and asked for a long term pass.

mikeirwin

Quote from: Swino on May 16, 2006, 11:33:43 am
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on May 16, 2006, 11:27:20 am
Quote from: Swino on May 16, 2006, 11:20:22 am
Quote from: FtheDarksiders on May 16, 2006, 11:14:08 am
We have other needs on the team....we signed a great tight end last year in Ben.  It would be great to sign every hometown kid that comes along, but that will never happen.  So a kid doesn't get an offer and that makes Nutt a horrible recruiter?  Maybe its just that we need other players in other positions for the better of the entire team....you don't need a huge stockpile of TE's in the SEC.

We don't have a huge stockpile of SEC caliber TE's.  We have some bodies there that aren't worth much except for blocking. 

I never said we had a huge stockpile....I said we don't need one.  We signed Ben last year, and that other 6'6" WR that we signed out of Dallas is going to be moved to TE.  Why sign another TE that will sit until his Senior year??  Why not use that scholly on an OL or a DB that can help the team immediately? 

So we only need 2 TE's?  And one of those is a WR that could be converted to TE?  When a SEC talent TE is in your backyard and you have a bunch of converts that have been sent to TE land to rot, you pick the SEC quality and cut lose the baggage.

Doesn't sound like anything White would say. Seems like everybody else says it, though. I've been hearing that for 30 years. Funny, I've never seen this fence. Is it anything like that fence next to Mexico ?

abq

May 16, 2006, 11:18:44 pm #156 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 12:33:31 am by abq
First, there is some great info in this thread. As an out-of-state fan I am thankful everyday for this board.

Second, why does anyone worry about convincing some frickin community college teacher that this board is credible? The dude has an axe to grind, but isn't genuine enough to admit it. Just another mouth-breathing yokel who thinks we owe him a spoonfeeding. Speaking of mouth-breathing yokels, we have this sentence:

"Also reddog...maybe your not aware of when kids take their visits."

This hapless imbecile really took the cake in this thread. Now, to continue with hapless imbeciles, we have codehog, who stormed into the thread straight from behind Grit's shrunken testes to yap a line which happened to be a quote right off that pathetic pay board.

"you're nipping at his heals"

Amazing. So here's the truth. What I find embarrassing is that the first contact an out-of-state recruit may have with someone from Arkansas is frickin Grit. I can just imagine some parent taking a phone call regarding their child's future, and the call sounds like it is coming from the front porch of a mobile home.

Porkahontas

May 16, 2006, 11:22:32 pm #157 Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 11:24:31 pm by Porkahontas
Quote from: mikeirwin on May 16, 2006, 10:48:48 pm
Funny, I've never seen this fence. Is it anything like that fence next to Mexico ?

There.

That'll keep 'em out.

Big Papa Satan

Grit has testes?

I thought Papa Frank had them in a jar on his desk, beside Rick Shaeffer's and Nolan's.

Porkahontas

Quote from: abq on May 16, 2006, 11:18:44 pm
Amazing. So here's the truth. What I find embarrassing is that the first contact an out-of-state recruit may have with someone from Arkansas is frickin Grit. I can just imagine some parent answering the phone to take a call regarding their child's future which sounds like it is coming from the front porch of a mobile home.

Otis had a dandy tonight on whatever local radio show he was on tonight.

He was blowing on and on about the extremely large database of potential recruits Arkansas has.

Somehow, he managed to say the database had about 1000 athletes, and that there was about 1000 athletes in the database. Isn't that saying the same thing?

Oh yeah, and all this while completely whiffing on offering a kid that ended up committing to Texas and another kid who is committed now to Southern Cal.

There's reasons Texas and USC have won national titles the past 3 years and why this coaching staff is a train wreck.

codeHog

Quote from: pseudorabies on May 16, 2006, 10:22:34 pm
I am only unhappy when we lose.  And we have been doing that a lot lately.  What can you not understand about that?

NOBODY hates a Hog loss more than me and I am tired of it. Just different views when it comes to talking about where we go from here.

Many here have decided that things will get better if they post hateful things for all fans and recruits to read, about our staff.

codeHog

Quote from: Porkahontas on May 16, 2006, 11:27:14 pm
Amazing. So here's the truth. What I find embarrassing is that the first contact an out-of-state recruit may have with someone from Arkansas is frickin Grit. I can just imagine some parent answering the phone to take a call regarding their child's future which sounds like it is coming from the front porch of a mobile home.

He was blowing on and on about the extremely large database of potential recruits Arkansas has.

Somehow, he managed to say the database had about 1000 athletes, and that there was about 1000 athletes in the database. Isn't that saying the same thing?

Oh yeah, and all this while completely whiffing on offering a kid that ended up committing to Texas and another kid who is committed now to Southern Cal.

There's reasons Texas and USC have won national titles the past 3 years and why this coaching staff is a train wreck.

You hate Otis and I don't blame you. He is the top recruiting voice in the state and you are NOT.

MrSpook1352

First, there is some great info in this thread. As an out-of-state fan I am thankful everyday for this board.

Second, why does anyone worry about convincing some frickin community college teacher that this board is credible? The dude has an axe to grind, but isn't genuine enough to admit it. Just another mouth-breathing yokel who thinks we owe him a spoonfeeding. Speaking of mouth-breathing yokels, we have this sentence:

This hapless imbecile really took the cake in this thread. Now, to continue with hapless imbeciles, we have codehog, who stormed into the thread straight from behind Grit's shrunken testes to yap a line which happened to be a quote right off that pathetic pay board.

you're nipping at his heals

Amazing. So here's the truth. What I find embarrassing is that the first contact an out-of-state recruit may have with someone from Arkansas is frickin Grit. I can just imagine some parent taking a phone call regarding their child's future, and the call sounds like it is coming from the front porch of a mobile home.

This is very informative.  I didn't know it was ok for me to say frickin.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 17, 2006, 12:06:18 am

Are you really a community college teacher?

abq

Quote from: codeHog on May 16, 2006, 11:58:36 pm

He is the top recruiting voice in the state and you are NOT. So naninanibooboo!

Fixed that for ya.

abq

As always, check with your local authorities.

Porkahontas

You hate Otis and I don't blame you. He is the top recruiting voice in the state and you are NOT.

Hahahaha.

Holy darn, I almost rolled out of my chair on that one.

The man gets his database handed to him by the coaching staff. That's why he kisses Houston's ass. Bite the hand that feeds you and the hand doesn't feed you anymore.

Otis = nothing more than Houston Nutt's mouthpiece.

WindyCityHog

Quote from: Porkahontas on May 16, 2006, 11:27:14 pm

You a henchman for Otis?  His brother?  How 'bout simply a friend?  Otherwise, you are truly delusional.....

You really believe that?

Good Luck.  Seriously......

I mean you no ill-intent....but saying Otis is the king of Arkansas recruiting is like saying Scientology is an actual religion....only the brainwashed actually believe that nonsense.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on May 17, 2006, 12:10:08 am

Yes. Political Science.

turbo2000

Quote from: mikeirwin on May 16, 2006, 07:09:08 pm
Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 06:34:07 pm
One thing I have learned...if a poster has been validated by a number of other posters, you might just be enlightened if you really pay attention.
A majority of the posters on this board are not, and never will be, in the position to make the changes that need to be made.  But they have the right to have a forum where they can voice their opinions.  Some are negative, some are hopeful, some are disgustingly postive.  Some are full of it, some know what they are talking about, some are still trying to figure out what day it is.
You just have to figure out who's who...when you do that, you will be less likely to get slammed.
This should be posted periodically.
Some will ignore it because they choose to remain ignorant.
But if it's posted at least they've been given a chance to learn.

"To acknowledged one is ignorant is the first step towards knowledge." by Unknown
"If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us. The free mind is not a barking dog, to be tethered on a ten-foot chain." by Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

FLKeysGuy

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 17, 2006, 12:46:44 am

Yes. Political Science.

That proves, once again, that abq is posting accurate information.  Thanks for verifying.

Feralhog

May 17, 2006, 07:17:12 am #171 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 07:19:40 am by Feralhog
Quote from: reddogfan on May 16, 2006, 02:53:13 pm
Quote from: bigred7987 on May 16, 2006, 02:38:55 pm
Also reddog...maybe your not aware of when kids take their visits. 
You're right...I'm probably clueless.  I don't have a lick of recruiting sense. Arkansas has just done a dandy job of recruiting in the past and it has certainly paid off big.
When they start listening to people who have experienced what actually works in recruiting, maybe, just maybe, Arkansas will become competative. Fortunately, a few of them are listening...

When I read your above posts, I began wondering if  the UofA tapped into the knowledge and process, the hogs top recruits and their parents experience during the recruiting wars?  Assuming you know what you are talking about, it sounds to me like that's just now starting to happen.  To me this is a no brainer.  Knowing what other Big Time schools do to impress kids and their parents, IMO, would be invaluable. 

You're right about parents and kids organizing their summer schedules.  I have a daughter who's a pretty fair basketball player, and juggling family vacation, summer camps, summer league sand tournament schedules, can drive a person nuts.  I can assure you that if  we are lucky enough for her to get some offers, we'll not waste our time going to camps of schools that have shown no interest. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

reddogfan

Quote from: Feralhog on May 17, 2006, 07:17:12 am
You're right...I'm probably clueless.  I don't have a lick of recruiting sense. Arkansas has just done a dandy job of recruiting in the past and it has certainly paid off big.
When they start listening to people who have experienced what actually works in recruiting, maybe, just maybe, Arkansas will become competative. Fortunately, a few of them are listening...

When I read your above posts, I began wondering if  the UofA tapped into the knowledge and process, the hogs top recruits and their parents experience during the recruiting wars?  Assuming you know what you are talking about, it sounds to me like that’s just now starting to happen.  To me this is a no brainer.  Knowing what other Big Time schools do to impress kids and their parents, IMO, would be invaluable. 

You’re right about parents and kids organizing their summer schedules.  I have a daughter who's a pretty fair basketball player, and juggling family vacation, summer camps, summer league sand tournament schedules, can drive a person nuts.  I can assure you that if  we are lucky enough for her to get some offers, we’ll not waste our time going to camps of schools that have shown no interest. 
They are making an effort, but there is so much that has to change. Marketing our program against the top schools in the nation is tough. 

MrSpook1352

Quote from: FLKeysGuy on May 17, 2006, 07:03:27 am
Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 17, 2006, 12:46:44 am

Yes. Political Science.

That proves, once again, that abq is posting accurate information.  Thanks for verifying.

He had an anonymous source.

Feralhog

May 17, 2006, 08:10:21 am #174 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 08:12:11 am by Feralhog
Quote from: reddogfan on May 17, 2006, 07:30:01 am
Quote from: Feralhog on May 17, 2006, 07:17:12 am

When I read your above posts, I began wondering if  the UofA tapped into the knowledge and process, the hogs top recruits and their parents experience during the recruiting wars?  Assuming you know what you are talking about, it sounds to me like that's just now starting to happen.  To me this is a no brainer.  Knowing what other Big Time schools do to impress kids and their parents, IMO, would be invaluable. 

You're right about parents and kids organizing their summer schedules.  I have a daughter who's a pretty fair basketball player, and juggling family vacation, summer camps, summer league sand tournament schedules, can drive a person nuts.  I can assure you that if  we are lucky enough for her to get some offers, we'll not waste our time going to camps of schools that have shown no interest. 
They are making an effort, but there is so much that has to change. Marketing our program against the top schools in the nation is tough. 

Sure it's tough and the organization required to truly compete in the SEC, cannot be emphasized enough.  In an above post, you succinctly pointed out, imo, the main obstacle Arkansas faces in recruiting is we can't build a program on Arkansas talent alone.  One would think it would be common practice, the second it became legal, to sit down and pick the brain of these kids and their parents.  And any area where it appeared other schools had better organization, immediate steps should be taken.   The "we are family" may play well in a few living rooms, but if we then proceed to show we know less about a kid than one of our rivals,  the come join our family sales pitch rings a bit hollow.     
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

Swino

Whenever the HC mispronounces his newly forced upon OC's name consistantly, I have to wonder what he thinks about the new OC and the new OC's evaluations.

Theolesnort

Quote from: Porkahontas on May 17, 2006, 12:18:56 am

Hahahaha.

Holy Shiite, I almost rolled out of my chair on that one.

The man gets his database handed to him by the coaching staff. That's why he kisses Houston's ass. Bite the hand that feeds you and the hand doesn't feed you anymore.

Otis = nothing more than Houston Nutt's mouthpiece.
If you knew Otis like I know Otis, Oh, Oh, Oh what a Guru  (Sang to the lyrics of If you knew Susie) Otis is just an ole country boy from Mena that loved the Razorbacks and in earlier times followed recruiting religiously. This over a period of time got him to where he is today. He probably doesn't deserve all the hate that is coming his way at the present but as the saying goes if you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen. Otis chooses to stay in the kitchen and take the heat that is reflected off of Houston and the current program. For goodness sake can you blame him? He is in a enviable position of knowing who the current staff is recruiting and so on. It makes him a good living. Note what Porkahontas says about being Houston's mouthpiece. I jokingly without malice call him the Propaganda Minister of the Murry State Mafia since so many refer to the Nutt bunch with that phrase If I were Otis I would ride that horse too until it dies on me. But for him to be stated as the top recruiting voice in the state is a little rash for me because of the reasons Porkahontas states above. Where is the objectivity and strait shooting going to come from? To be fair to Otis some of the other guys on the other pay sites are almost as bad. What this board is going to try to do with recruiting is be objective and fair. Does that mean we are going to be perfect? Of course not, yet, can we not try?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

codeHog

1. It is a lie that Otis is handed everything from the staff. If you say that, you lie.

2. He is the top recruiting guy in the state in football. He is the one that has the paper, the service, the reputation, the conections and the one speaking across the state. He is the ONE that built up recruiting reporting in this state before anyone else.  Does he know everything? No.
Does he make mistakes? We all do. 

3. Does he say good things about the kids we sign? Sure, all recruiting services do about the school they cover. Who would read a guy if he ran down the recruits all the time? But putting a positive spin on things is not being untruthful.

4. Can others do a good job with recruiting info? Sure. I don't see why anyone has to try and bring Otis down though, just to make themselves look better.

5.  I see nothing wrong with Otis being good to the staff at Arkansas. I think it would be very foolish to go around attacking men you had to work around.

6.  Saying recruting here will be fair and objective means what? Does it mean you are going to trash our recruits?  Parents will love that.

Richard_white

Quote from: codeHog on May 17, 2006, 10:02:47 pm
1. It is a lie that Otis is handed everything from the staff. If you say that, you lie.

2. He is the top recruiting guy in the state in football. He is the one that has the paper, the service, the reputation, the conections and the one speaking across the state. He is the ONE that built up recruiting reporting in this state before anyone else.  Does he know everything? No.

3. Does he say good things about the kids we sign? Sure, all recruiting services do about the school they cover. Who would read a guy if he ran down the recruits all the time? But putting a positive spin on things is not being untruthful.

4. Can others do a good job with recruiting info? Sure. I don't see why anyone has to try and bring Otis down though, just to make themselves look better.

5.  I see nothing wrong with Otis being good to the staff at Arkansas. I think it would be very foolish to go around attacking men you had to work around.

6.  Saying recruting here will be fair and objective means what? Does it mean you are going to trash our recruits?  Parents will love that.

While your at it, say bye to Dale for me.

codeHog

well Mr Hurricane, I will be happy to as soon as he has another bad season....but until then, I will not get my jollies by bashing my teams coach in public

Richard_white

Quote from: codeHog on May 17, 2006, 11:30:22 pm
well Mr Hurricane, I will be happy to as soon as he has another bad season....but until then, I will not get my jollies by bashing my teams coach in public

Mr. Hurricane? I kind of like that a bit. I am not sure if it agrees with me but thank you.

abq

Damn man, you Otis's lover? You don't know a damn thing except what Otis tells you. Tomorrow morning, wake up and resolve to think for yourself.

Doesn't mean he's worth a damn. Sorry dude, other folks have a different opinion than you. When you wake up tomorrow morning and resolve to have the testicular fortitude to think for yourself also resolve to stop being a whiny little bitch because other folks have a different opinion regarding your man crush.

Honest reporting is one thing, propaganda is another. Those good things he says seem to come to a grinding halt, however, once Arkansas no longer has any interest in a kid. Then the trashing is on. I have no doubt you are weak-minded enough not to recognize that, but there are a lot of us that aren't.

Who's "bringing Otis down"? Expressing an opinion is a right on this board whether you like those opinions or not. You can run back to Razor's Edge if you want to be told what to think and say. Folks like you do a fine job of making Otis look bad. The more I read from you the more I can see that I made the right decision to not pay a dime for that crap.

You're confusing "being good to the staff" with being a mouthpiece. No one is "attacking" anyone. I do see fans who want the truth instead of propaganda. Why that sends you into uncontrollable fits of hysteria is beyond me.

So you're saying that Otis is on the payroll?

Trashing recruits is already being done...by your man crush. Yep, I'm sure parents love that, but then they are probably just glad that they no longer get harassed by some damn yokel.

MrSpook1352

Quote from: abq on May 18, 2006, 08:13:09 am

Damn man, you Otis's lover? You don't know a damn thing except what Otis tells you. Tomorrow morning, wake up and resolve to think for yourself.

Doesn't mean he's worth a damn. Sorry dude, other folks have a different opinion than you. When you wake up tomorrow morning and resolve to have the testicular fortitude to think for yourself also resolve to stop being a whiny little bitch because other folks have a different opinion regarding your man crush.

Honest reporting is one thing, propaganda is another. Those good things he says seem to come to a grinding halt, however, once Arkansas no longer has any interest in a kid. Then the trashing is on. I have no doubt you are weak-minded enough not to recognize that, but there are a lot of us that aren't.

Who's "bringing Otis down"? Expressing an opinion is a right on this board whether you like those opinions or not. You can run back to Razor's Edge if you want to be told what to think and say. Folks like you do a fine job of making Otis look bad. The more I read from you the more I can see that I made the right decision to not pay a dime for that crap.

You're confusing "being good to the staff" with being a mouthpiece. No one is "attacking" anyone. I do see fans who want the truth instead of propaganda. Why that sends you into uncontrollable fits of hysteria is beyond me.

Trashing recruits is already being done...by your man crush. Yep, I'm sure parents love that, but then they are probably just glad that they no longer get harassed by some damn yokel.

This guy really has a thing for man crushes.

abq

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 18, 2006, 08:16:23 am
Quote from: abq on May 18, 2006, 08:13:09 am

This guy really has a thing for man crushes.

He was probably molested by a community college teacher.

MrSpook1352

No, they're too busy screwing the dean and kissing the president's butt.

abq

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on May 18, 2006, 08:28:42 am
No, they're too busy screwing the dean and kissing the president's butt.

So, what happens if they have a bad day and screw the president and kiss the dean's butt?

MrSpook1352

May 18, 2006, 08:42:04 am #186 Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 08:45:08 am by MrSpook1352
That's a bad day for teacher and a very good day for the president.  Presidents don't have bad days.

codeHog

yep, if anyone likes Otis coverage, they are stupid and butt kissers.

You guys are so dang jealous of Otis that it is fun to watch you cray and moan.

I think quite well on my own with or without Otis but you can only attack and tear down.  You think hating Otis is the same as being enlightened.

abq

Quote from: codeHog on May 18, 2006, 09:35:44 am
yep, if anyone likes Otis coverage, they are stupid and butt kissers.

Hey, you said it.

it is fun to watch you cray and moan.

So, that was you outside my window. Pervert.

I think quite well on my own with or without Otis but you can only attack and tear down.

That sounds like craying and moaning. Wish I could watch.

You think hating Otis is the same as being enlightened.

Hating Otis is like sunshine on a spring day, brightly colored leaves on a fall day, fresh snow on a winter day, and cold beer on a summer day. codeHog's head is like sputnik, spherical, but yet quite pointy.

Actually you have no idea if I hate Otis or if I'm just tweaking you, but if you make sweeping general claims you usually get sweeping general responses. There that should keep you in the outhouse a'ponderin the rest of the day.

LZH

"Golly" and "Dang"?  (Sorry man, I sometimes have this urge to kick a guy for no reason at all while he's down...no offense.)

Swino

Dane Cook
Jerry Seinfeld
Brian Reagan
Steve Martin
And now Codehog. 

Thanks Otis.

codeHog

I am not a paying Razor'sEdge guy but I am quite informed on recruiting and I know Otis has provided the state with tons of wanted recruiting info for many years while you wannabes have provided.......................

abq

Quote from: codeHog on May 18, 2006, 11:41:50 am
I am not a paying Razor'sEdge guy but I am quite informed on recruiting and I know Otis has provided the state with tons of wanted recruiting info for many years while you wannabes have provided.......................

Tons huh? Funny, that's how they measure manure...coincidence? I think not.

codeHog

Macgyver Hawg

Quote from: codeHog on May 18, 2006, 11:41:50 am

................more for free.

Welcome to Hogville.