Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear or see Nutt?

Started by Arkapigdiesel, April 01, 2006, 03:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkapigdiesel

Whether you see an interview with him on TV, or hear him on the radio.  What is the first thought that comes to your mind?

Do you get disgusted by hearing his voice, are you happy, or.......?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

fineswine

I'll never forget when he was introduced as the new HC.  They start calling the Hogs, and Nutt's wife is sitting next to him with her arms down, Nutt leans over and says something to her, the next thing she is also calling the Hogs.  He is all about appearances and keeping up the B.S.  I'd call him a clown, but some clowns might be offended.

Tater Salad

check this out

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/news/1999/11/13/tennessee_arkansas_ap/h_nutt_1.wav

Interviewer: Is this as big a win as you've been associated with, Coach?

Nutt: *sniffle* Yep, the biggest  *sniffle* :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ::)

Bucksnort

Quote from: PBD on April 01, 2006, 03:42:56 pm
Whether you see an interview with him on TV, or hear him on the radio.  What is the first thought that comes to your mind?

First of all - I want to like him, however ...
The first thing I think is "he's hiding something..."  Granted, most coaches don't tell all but if this is the case, he's not very good at it.  Someone used a phrase I really like to describe something or someone  - "more symbolism than substance".  Somehow to me this seems to fit HDN.  I wish it didn't.

hogtusk

A work in progress, is what comes to my mind. He appears to be learning, getting better, evolving into a more polished head coach. It would have been nice to have started with a polished finished product, but anyway that's what pops into my mind.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

93hog

Still think he's trying to sell a line of BS.  I'm not 100% sure he's 100% behind Gus.  Just from some comments lately, I think he's proven he's still got an ego and thinks he should be running the offense.

Factual Fiction

Robert Preston in the "Music Man" comes to mind.

Greatest con man in a musical goes to..................

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Like I.E.'s name, I am embarrassed that he is still a part of this program.
Completely and Totally embarrassed.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

TorsinAHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 01, 2006, 04:34:07 pm
Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 01, 2006, 04:30:06 pm
Why all the dang hate towards HDN? 
Welcome to AR sports.  Where have you been?

Just saying this team is in much better shape than we were in last spring (coaches, players, etc) and have a potential heisman candidate if someone from arkansas could get some love from the national media. 

HamShank

The first word that comes to mind when I see him is 'knob'.  Then I say, "Eh, he's not so bad."  Then I say, "Let' see what the knob does this season."

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 01, 2006, 04:43:35 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 01, 2006, 04:34:07 pm
Welcome to AR sports.  Where have you been?

Just saying this team is in much better shape than we were in last spring (coaches, players, etc) and have a potential heisman candidate if someone from arkansas could get some love from the national media. 
What does that have to do with HDN, other than the fact that all the good almost never happened b/c of him?

TorsinAHog

[/quote]

[/quote]
What does that have to do with HDN, other than the fact that all the good almost never happened b/c of him?
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Truth

Quote from: hogtusk on April 01, 2006, 04:09:59 pm
A work in progress, is what comes to my mind. He appears to be learning, getting better, evolving into a more polished head coach. It would have been nice to have started with a polished finished product, but anyway that's what pops into my mind.

Hogtusk, how in the world can you say Nutt is "learning, getting better, evolving"? The Truth is the opposite.

Hog football season totals for the last 4 years:

2002: 9-5 (5-3 SEC)
2003: 9-4 (4-4 SEC)
2004: 5-6 (3-5 SEC)
2005: 4-7 (2-6 SEC)

Nutt is a pear-shaped, spastic idiot who would be a fine mascot but makes a pitiful head coach. He has hopped and squirmed on the sidelines like there's something wrong with his prostate while Razorback football has swirled down the toilet. He seems to hope like the dickens that we're going to win, that we're going to pull off something "special" against the likes of Kentucky, but he has no idea how to build or prepare a team, or how to manage a game.

When I see him, I taste a cocktail of disdain and humiliation. With time running out in the fourth quarter, I hear game broadcasters say, "Arkansas appears to be just wandering around the field." Watching highlights of Vanderbilt's win at RRS, I hear newsmen mocking the "Right Reverend." Nutt is embarrassing to our teams, our university, and our state. Give him a hog hat and a pension, and let's get some pride back in the program.

WPS!
The Truth hurts.

fineswine

H. Nutty hired 1998. Record 53-33.
           M. Brown hired 1998. Record 83-19.  Now ask your question again.

karma26

If we see him on TV, we change the channel. There is nothing he has to say that I need to hear.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: leftovers on April 01, 2006, 04:53:48 pm
I told my wife just the other day that every time I see HDN doing an interview I'm reminded of George W.  It's really just their mannerisms, that they both seem to repeat themselves, and that neither of them really seem to have any insight into the situation (Just an observation, not a political commentary).

This is my first post, hope it didn't suck  :).

It didn't suck but I do detect a slight amount of vacuum, a little negative air pressure.  Not complete suckage though.  ;D    Really, comparing Dale to W is an insult to W!!   W to his credit isn't leading an effort that is 4-7 versus the terrorists!  Welcome to the board, by the way! :D 
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

fieldturf

Mike Markuson.........Why because everywhere you see Houston you see Markuson.  He can't get a job without HDN.  I like Houston but I'm sick of that OL coach that want's to have a say in how this team is run....

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Quote from: alberteinswine on April 01, 2006, 05:05:20 pm
I told my wife just the other day that every time I see HDN doing an interview I'm reminded of George W.  It's really just their mannerisms, that they both seem to repeat themselves, and that neither of them really seem to have any insight into the situation (Just an observation, not a political commentary).

It didn't suck but I do detect a slight amount of vacuum, a little negative air pressure.  Not complete suckage though.  ;D    Really, comparing Dale to W is an insult to W!!   W to his credit isn't leading an effort that is 4-7 versus the terrorists!  Welcome to the board, by the way! :D 
That was a great post, don't worry, not everybody thinks W is any good either.
WPS

FLKeysGuy

What's the first thought that comes to your mind when you hear or see Nutt?

"Overpaid"

Richard_white

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on April 01, 2006, 05:13:06 pm
Quote from: alberteinswine on April 01, 2006, 05:05:20 pm

That was a great post, don't worry, not everybody thinks W is any good either.
WPS

True, but he doesn't run off tackle to the right

hogman64

Insincerity.........by which I mean I always think he is full of BS......

dbseattle

This post approved by Mike Markuson.

3kgthog

I can't help but think of HDN and all of those photoshops that were made from his post game handshake with Ron Zook. I'm talking wet pants after looking at some of those.

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

idochog

PHONY

That pretty much says it all

PRETENDER

would be the next word
I love Jesus!

pignatious

the opposite of "awesome" and "special". I think slick good ol' boy used car salesman, who knows he is lucky he has gotten away with selling lemons to the U of A for a long time.
Freedom is never free.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

imahoggie

Arkansan by birth. Razorback fan by the grace of god.

hawgdaddy306

With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

HoggusMaximus

the first thing i think of is a cheesy game show host with a big smile on his face trying to congratulate someone for losing.

cowboyhog

GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

go hogues

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2006, 05:49:35 pm
I can't help but think of HDN and all of those photoshops that were made from his post game handshake with Ron Zook. I'm talking wet pants after looking at some of those.
Does anyone have a link to those?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HawgLover08

I just cringe and pray to God that he doesn't say something dumb.

Ugly Uncle

It is like E. F. Hutton...when he speaks, everyone listens...not in the good way.

I am always amazed at how he can come up with something new to say that just makes everyone cringe.  The only time I don't listen is when I see him to that public service announcement on the local stations.  At least I think it is a PSA...I usually go to the bathroom during that and don't know what he is selling/saying.
Retired Radio Host

Quote from: mj4president on April 01, 2006, 10:06:04 pm
Seeing him hook those horns down. LOL that was great.
Yeah, great and STUPID.  You guys can't argue that he's "classy" but then love it when he does crap like that which later bites him in the arse.  Talk about a freaking double standard...

razorbackfan502000

"I called that play brotha"

HAHAHA, I actually found that quote to be hilarious, unlike some that found it to be offensive, I laughed my ass off, and I prefer to laugh about Nutt rather than taking him to seriously.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: razorbackfan502000 on April 02, 2006, 01:03:46 am
"I called that play brotha"

HAHAHA, I actually found that quote to be hilarious, unlike some that found it to be offensive, I laughed my ass off, and I prefer to laugh about Nutt rather than taking him to seriously.
That's fine, as long as your not insinuating he meant that soley as a joke.

We all have to laugh at him.  Or cry.  Or lose our minds..

WichitaStateRazorback