Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broderick Green commits to USC

Started by MBHog, March 31, 2006, 11:10:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig Pumper

We probably didn't need him anyway; doesn't fit into our "system"...

Hogwild07

I would take him.  Have you seen his film?

Pig Pumper

mikeirwin

HSV is real high on him. I haven't seen any video on him. Sounds like there wasn't much they could do to get him. Going out of state certainly doesn't mean they didn't need him. USC doesn't usually offer marginal players.
I'm guessing the kid's a stud  but again I've never seen him play.

Pig Pumper

I was just trying to quote the nuttster.

Pig Pumper

thahawg

Arkansas got on this kid to late and it costed them. Don't think they are just going to give up there is still a lot of recruiting to be done.

3kgthog

I'm sure he's good, but he probably would've been sitting for awhile if he were a Hog. That's just the reality of how good Jones and McFadden are. We also can't forget Michael Smith who a lot of people are high on.

mbgrulz

a good start would be beating USC in fayettville this fall.

hawkeyefan17

I saw a while back that this kid was offered by Southern Cal but I am curious as to who else was recuiting him?

Pig Pumper

Quote from: 3kgthog on April 01, 2006, 12:09:51 am
I'm sure he's good, but he probably would've been sitting for awhile if he were a Hog. That's just the reality of how good Jones and McFadden are. We also can't forget Michael Smith who a lot of people are high on.

you can never have too many runningbacks.

don't forget:  by the time this kid would have been on campus, McFadden and Jones would be juniors.

don't tell  me we didn't need him.

:puke:

wildhogman

the 2007 recruiting season is just started, and there are 10 months left. I seem to recall some players jumping ship and going to other teams, verbals dont mean anything, and 10 months before signing they mean less then nothing to me.

Pig Pumper

Quote from: wildhogman on April 01, 2006, 01:20:31 am
the 2007 recruiting season is just started, and there are 10 months left. I seem to recall some players jumping ship and going to other teams, verbals dont mean anything, and 10 months before signing they mean less then nothing to me.

I hope you're right.

Gus and Wood truly worked some magic once they were on staff.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Pig Pumper on April 01, 2006, 12:43:20 am

you can never have too many runningbacks.

don't forget:  by the time this kid would have been on campus, McFadden and Jones would be juniors.

don't tell  me we didn't need him.

:puke:

Can someone tell me who we have in the backfield besides McFadden, Jones, and Smith?  If one of those guys goes down with an injury...will we only have the other two?  That isn't very many in the SEC...and with Gus' scheme.  Besides, if McFadden is the back that we all believe him to be...he may not be playing here after his Jr. year anyway.

Yes, we really did need Green.
Retired Radio Host

pork-e-pine

It is never good to lose in-state talent.  But it when he commits this early to an out of state team it seams like he is a little starry eyed.  Let the season progress and have him take a few visits then see if he doesn't change his mind. He may. He may not.  But it seems that committing to school that is 3000 miles away at this juncture could be an overreaction to a scholarship offer.
Just my opinion
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Fire Numb Nutts!!!

"Green doesn't have any work ethic. He's another Slick Shelley."*

* Numb Nutts
Yeah, I told Ferret Mop, et al in 2005 that hiring Mal-a-za-wan was just smoke and mirrors from Dale to get Mustain and the others from Springdale to commit...and keep the stadium and the RF coffers full...but did they believe me? Hell no, I got banned. I told ya so.

If you contribute money to this fluster cluck, you are a sucker.

rricha

His brother is aheck of a football plsyer in the NFL.  His other brother signed with NOrth Carolina but is now at UCA I think.

TorsinAHog

Good thing we got that "fence" around the state.  With the few great D1 (compared to other states-TX, FL, etc) we cant afford to let them get out.  Doesnt matter how many RB we have. They will be Jrs when he comes and ever heard of "depth".  On a good note Zimba was at practice yesterday.  Hopefully that was a good sign.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

hoggystyle78

So does Green have a highschool coach that dale can hire to bail his butt out again? ???

Boarcephus

I hate to lose any instate player but it hurt more to lose the big OL from SHS to Notre Dame than it does this kid.   Lot more running backs out there than "quality" lineman, IMO.  Running backs we can get, linemen on both sides of the ball is where we've been suffering.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Ross U (HDHF)

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 01, 2006, 07:40:21 am
I hate to lose any instate player but it hurt more to lose the big OL from SHS to Notre Dame than it does this kid.   Lot more running backs out there than "quality" lineman, IMO.  Running backs we can get, linemen on both sides of the ball is where we've been suffering.

Very good point.  It hurts to lose this kid, especially if you've seen his highlight vid in the recruiting forum but there is a LOT of talent out there at running back guys.  Sounds like we may not have had much of a chance with this kid anyway. 

But just for kicks, does anyone know if our staff did any recruiting on him?

pseudorabies

Quote from: rricha on April 01, 2006, 05:09:08 am
His brother is aheck of a football plsyer in the NFL.  His other brother signed with NOrth Carolina but is now at UCA I think.

Stephen Green is at UCA right now and I hear he will transfer to the Hill this Fall.  He will sit out a year and be eligible for 2 years of playing time.  If this happens, I think this would play a big part in getting Broderick.

TulsaHawg

Quote from: pseudorabies on April 01, 2006, 09:56:17 am
Quote from: rricha on April 01, 2006, 05:09:08 am

Stephen Green is at UCA right now and I hear he will transfer to the Hill this Fall.  He will sit out a year and be eligible for 2 years of playing time.  If this happens, I think this would play a big part in getting Broderick.

That would be a great scenario!  Hope it happens.

Lanny

USC is first class when it comes to recruiting and Green has been impressed.  Arkansas has the worse PR I've ever seen but let's just say the ink isn't dry on Green's commit to USC.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Beaverfever

Ughhhh usc....Can't say i'll be rooting for him.

Zen_Hog

HoggusMaximus

yeah, but look who they were going up against.

The_Bionic_Pig

Its not gonna stick...he reminds me a lot of Mallet both seem in a rush to committ to someone, due to the recruiting pressure they feel on them.  I get the feeling Green will end up on the Hill and Mallet will committ to someone before summer - de-committ during the fall and then add more schools before signing day.  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

12under

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 01, 2006, 12:14:26 pm
Its not gonna stick...he reminds me a lot of Mallet both seem in a rush to committ to someone, due to the recruiting pressure they feel on them.  I get the feeling Green will end up on the Hill and Mallet will committ to someone before summer - de-committ during the fall and then add more schools before signing day.  ;)
i agree, there's a lot of recruiting left to be done

The_Bionic_Pig

April 02, 2006, 09:29:20 am #31 Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 01:24:58 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hogstocking

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

thahawg

Maybe the only way we get him back is to win on Sept. 3, 2006.

J.A.Y.

Stewie, what are the chances of him staying in AR when it is all said and done
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

The_Bionic_Pig

April 03, 2006, 11:16:36 am #36 Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:26:32 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: jayloot on April 03, 2006, 10:23:37 am
Stewie, what are the chances of him staying in AR when it is all said and done

Stephen Green (the former NC committ) seems to be more excited about Southern Cal than his younger sibling. 

Broderick - "I've talked to the coaches about taking official visits still, but I'm not sure how that will go," said Green. "I'd still like to see other schools and make sure I'm satisfied with my decision. I want to be 100-percent sure."

If Arkansas Offense is as advertised during the spring its enough to excite any player so our new Offensive Coordinator may have a big say in the outcome of this early none-binding verbal.  Basically  what I am trying to say Darren McFadden & Felix Jones success in this offense Sept 3rd -vs-Southern California will penetrate the minds of thousands of prospective athlete's on National scale. 

He is no Bartley Webb and can be pulled away from his early commitment.

Take a look at this quote from 3/7/06

"Arkansas is the school I have followed growing up and I would love to come up there an and play and think it would be a great situation for me," Green said. "I am very good friends with (Arkansas head coach) Houston Nutt and (Razorback assistant coach) Danny Nutt. They have been very successful with their running game and I am excited about the new offense they are bringing in as well. They have great backs right now in Darren McFadden and Felix Jones and I thought De'Arrius Howard was very good, too."

But Green does admit that the interest and offer from USC have his head spinning right now and he could certainly see playing there as well.

I think within the 10 Months before signing day the excitment of Southern California will wear down.  ;)

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HOGLUVIN

SonOfMud

He'll probably sit at USC too.  This is the talent they have signed at the RB position.  And this is just from this year. 

Stafon Johnson #2 RB prospect in 2006.
Emmanuel Moody #9 RB prospect in 2006.
Kenny Ashley #21 RB prospect in 2006.
Steven Havili #3 FB prospect in 2006.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

PennHOG

I'd rather use the scholarship on a top ranked LB.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

SonOfMud

Quote from: PennHOG on April 04, 2006, 06:59:07 am
I'd rather use the scholarship on a top ranked LB.

You're right, since the Hogs don't have room for both.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Swino

USC had 11 guys drafted this year vs. Arkansas' 1 and our sorry head coach has decided to stop recruiting this guy.  It is no wonder we stink.

12under

Quote from: Swino on May 01, 2006, 01:43:13 pm
USC had 11 guys drafted this year vs. Arkansas' 1 and our sorry head coach has decided to stop recruiting this guy.  It is no wonder we stink.
have we stopped recruiting this guy?

Swino

May 01, 2006, 03:36:27 pm #43 Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 04:18:52 pm by Swino
Yes, according to nutt, we will not spend anymore time recruiting him.

Defies logic, doesn't it?

zwhogfan

That's insane that they have stopped recruiting him. They should go after any in-state player they want hard until he signs his LOI. The guy was recruited by USC so he can obviously play. I just don't understand Nutt sometimes.

mbgrulz

maybe the NCAA will get ahold of USC before he signs. that outta turn him off of them.

Swino

Quote from: mbgrulz on May 01, 2006, 04:04:31 pm
maybe the NCAA will get ahold of USC before he signs. that outta turn him off of them.

That is funny. 

Since the 500 year NCAA cloud is a myth perpetuated by a HC that actually makes more excuses than money.

return2glory

Quote from: Swino on May 01, 2006, 03:36:27 pm
Yes, according to nutt, we not spend anymore time recruiting him.

Not that I doubt you at all Swino, but if this is true, Nutt is an idiot......wait a minute.....this could actually be true!!!

Hopefully Gus will convince him to keep pursuing this kid. I think he could be persuaded to be a Hog, considering his brother will be playing up there and the team is generating a lot more excitement.

Swino

Quote from: return2glory on May 01, 2006, 04:19:13 pm
Quote from: Swino on May 01, 2006, 03:36:27 pm
Yes, according to nutt, we not spend anymore time recruiting him.

Not that I doubt you at all Swino, but if this is true, Nutt is an idiot......wait a minute.....this could actually be true!!!

Hopefully Gus will convince him to keep pursuing this kid. I think he could be persuaded to be a Hog, considering his brother will be playing up there and the team is generating a lot more excitement.

Any hope I have for the razorbacks relies on Gus, so I will keep on hoping that Houston's pea brain will be changed on this matter.  And hey, getting the message out to the fans about this idiotic mentality can only help.

Kilgor

I'd like to see where HDN is quoted as saying that we will not pursue Green.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/