Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas National Championship game thread here.

Started by Lanny, January 04, 2006, 06:55:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

94 Hawg

crud, maybe this is just USC sleeping through the first half--they've done that a few times this year
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

noprayerfornutt

They need to quit turning the fooking ball over andfind a way to slow down Vince.  I am already sick of hearing about him. 

Lanny

Go ahead and hand out the trophy, this baby is over.  Texas wins
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

OklaU

Quote from: 94 Hawg on January 04, 2006, 08:52:33 pm
crud, maybe this is just USC sleeping through the first half--they've done that a few times this year

No their not sleeping.  Matt LIONHEART (Marty Houston) is getting frustrated on the sidelines, and Vince is just prancing around as usual.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

AFWarrior83

Why am I happy that Texas is winning??? Maybe that 70-17 game put a bad taste in my mouth and I want USC to get imbarressed? What else could it be?
Hogville member since 2005.

AFWarrior83

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: 94 Hawg on January 04, 2006, 08:52:33 pm

Or sometimes they sleepwalk through a half - see 1st half vs. Arkansas.

OklaU

This Texas seconary is scaring Matt LIONHEART.

AFWarrior83

overrated da da dadada overrated da da dadada!

Zen_Hog

noprayerfornutt

Thrilbilly

I was saying all along I thought the D would play a bigger part in this game than some realized. They will have to really wick it up the second half to reach the 55 to 60 point range some predicted.

OklaU

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 04, 2006, 08:58:24 pm
I was saying all along I thought the D would play a bigger part in this game than some realized. They will have to really wick it up the second half to reach the 55 to 60 point range some predicted.

But unless your Chuckles the Clown it doesn't matter what you think   :-\

T-hawg

I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

Thrilbilly

Quote from: OklaU on January 04, 2006, 08:59:36 pm

But unless your Chuckles the Clown it doesn't matter what you think  :-\

What would Chuckles the Clown have to do with anything. Do my statements of how I thought the game might go bother you for some reason.

AFWarrior83

I still say
USC-35
Whornes-32

I like watching this game though, for-sure it's a good one!

whatsshakinbacon

Keith acts a little put out that they would actually hit Leinart hard on the tackle

jkcrunch

in the red zone vote on the result.   TD FG or turnover?

OklaU

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 04, 2006, 09:02:01 pm

But unless your Chuckles the Clown it doesn't matter what you think :-\

What would Chuckles the Clown have to do with anything. Do my statements of how I thought the game might go bother you for some reason.

Ha ha.  No, just screwing around with ya, Chuckles the Clown seemed to think this was going to be an offensive showing on both sides of the ball.  And if you disagree with him.....click.

Thrilbilly

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on January 04, 2006, 09:02:03 pm
I still say
USC-35
Whornes-32

I like watching this game though, for-sure it's a good one!
Your close to my prediction of USC 35 TX 28

OklaU

Quote from: whatsshakinbacon on January 04, 2006, 09:02:21 pm
Keith acts a little put out that they would actually hit Leinart hard on the tackle

KIEF, is such a USC homer it makes me sick.  His producers are constantly talking to him on the headset stating "Hey KIEF, let's keep it down, be sure you pat Texas on the butt from time to time."

whatsshakinbacon

bad clock management by the trojans.  let the clock run 5 extra seconds before the timeout.

OklaU

Thrilbilly

Quote from: OklaU on January 04, 2006, 09:03:49 pm
Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 04, 2006, 09:02:01 pm

But unless your Chuckles the Clown it doesn't matter what you think :-\

Ha ha. No, just screwing around with ya, Chuckles the Clown seemed to think this was going to be an offensive showing on both sides of the ball. And if you disagree with him.....click.

OK,,Enlighten me,,who the heck is chuckles the clown,,LOL

cmakrzrbak

Dudes, USC will find a way to win this game.  I dont care what the score gets to. FG good.  I said it after ND went up on them with that punt return. Its just something they have.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

Thrilbilly

USC may be a little like Mike Tyson was once. If you can stand their heat and put enough back on them they may crumble!! A lot of teams do not fight as well from the bottom.

Zen_Hog

Texas gets the ball 2nd half right? Ah well, lets watch the 2 hour halftime show....This is what I hate the most, since I have school tomorrow, I'll be missing 2 hours of sleep cuz of the halftime show.

Thrilbilly

Boy they are running that TX knee was on the ground in the ground.

Buff

Quote from: Thrilbilly on January 04, 2006, 09:14:23 pm
yeah it was a bad call that could turn out to be the game decider

jkcrunch

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on January 04, 2006, 09:12:54 pm
Texas gets the ball 2nd half right? Ah well, lets watch the 2 hour halftime show....This is what I hate the most, since I have school tomorrow, I'll be missing 2 hours of sleep cuz of the halftime show.
Power nap during half and hammer down 3 or 4 MT DEW in the am.   

Big Papa Satan

As they should.  UTerus never should've been awarded that phantom touchdown.

Thrilbilly

Well, which team is the announcers "little darlings".

Thrilbilly

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 04, 2006, 09:17:00 pm

As they should. UTerus never should've been awarded that phantom touchdown.
I can't believe that they ever let it stand either. I kept waiting for the call and it never came.

wgu1953

Guys, think about it.  If they ruled him down, which they should have, they would have scored on the next play or two anyway.

Thrilbilly

He should have scored but you can never be sure.

whatsshakinbacon

Instead of having to waste TO's to get reviews, I hope that next year they adopt a red-flag policy like the NFL.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: wgu1953 on January 04, 2006, 09:20:36 pm
Guys, think about it.  If they ruled him down, which they should have, they would have scored on the next play or two anyway.

Maybe, maybe not.  They might've had to kick a field goal, could've made or missed.

The one certain thing is, they should not have had that touchdown.

AUSTXHOG

Quote from: Buffinator: Reloaded on January 04, 2006, 07:15:03 pm
Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 04, 2006, 07:13:59 pm
This is getting ridiculous.... Some people will hate Texas until they die.....but there is no more rivalry.

I equate this to Alabama fans still talking about Bear Bryant winning national championships..... News flash.... AR and Texas don't play anymore, and Bear Bryant has been in the ground for some time now.
get your undies unwadded. we were born to hate Texas. it's just pre-programmed in most of us.
Apologies.... I responded to another poster from another thread and it got linked to this one.... I just dislike USC way more than Texas.    Texas to me is the lesser of 2 evils.

Buff

Quote from: wgu1953 on January 04, 2006, 09:20:36 pm
Guys, think about it. If they ruled him down, which they should have, they would have scored on the next play or two anyway.
sorry, but that's the top senseless post of the 1st half

Buff

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 04, 2006, 09:24:24 pm
Quote from: Buffinator: Reloaded on January 04, 2006, 07:15:03 pm
Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 04, 2006, 07:13:59 pm
This is getting ridiculous.... Some people will hate Texas until they die.....but there is no more rivalry.

I equate this to Alabama fans still talking about Bear Bryant winning national championships..... News flash.... AR and Texas don't play anymore, and Bear Bryant has been in the ground for some time now.
get your undies unwadded. we were born to hate Texas. it's just pre-programmed in most of us.
Apologies.... I responded to another poster from another thread and it got linked to this one.... I just dislike USC way more than Texas. Texas to me is the lesser of 2 evils.
dont you hate when posts get merged like that? i do

FayettenamVeteran

January 04, 2006, 09:26:14 pm #191 Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 09:32:39 pm by FayettenamVeteran
\w/  National Champs \w/

i hate sc waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than i dislike texas. 

fyi -hsv is a longhorn fan.

Lanny

Anyone remember the huge bass Drum the Texas Band had?
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 04, 2006, 09:24:24 pmTexas to me is the lesser of 2 evils.

Shame on you.  I would root for Yankee Dame, Tennessee, Ohio State, Russia, Al-Qaeda, and the University of Hell before I'd root for Texass.

Thrilbilly

OK,,,Who has the best marching band,,,,I say Texas..LOL

Thrilbilly

Quote from: hSv on January 04, 2006, 09:27:55 pm
I do. It was when they were promoting that everything is bigger in Texas, thing.

T-hawg

That Texas band sounds like they are from the University of Cant play an Instrument at Austin
I'ts Diamond Hog time YALL!

Time for some crawfish and tailgating!

Buff

longhorn fans running a razorback message board

if irony were strawberries, we'd all be slurping a lot of smoothies right now

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: hSv on January 04, 2006, 09:27:55 pm

Yeah, I had forgotten about that.  Those guys filled up the field at Razorback stadium anytime they were in town.  And the cowbells....those damn cowbells....someone make them stop!

Buff