Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Apathy

Started by PerryHog, October 13, 2005, 09:28:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PerryHog

Anyone else losing a little interest?
I haven't read the sports page all week.
Left at halftime against ulm.
Haven't watched a bball game in years.
Still hanging out here, but it's starting to be a little stale.
Same old mediocre chit in both money sports for years now.
Same tired arguments for even longer.
This is starting to seem like entertainment.
Poorly done, at that.
It's like dating a 35 year old girl for 2 years, and she still won't put out. At some point, we all will move on.
Glad for hogville, I can skim the board for those things that still interest me.

PigMan

October 13, 2005, 09:36:47 am #1 Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 10:15:07 am by PigMan
Guess I have to be with you to a large extent. I believe in always treating people in private and in business fairly and honestly.  When I discover someone not following those rules I tend to want to get away from them.  I can't know with precision what is happening on the hill, but I am convinced it has little to do about winning championships and having us in the top ten often.

For the above reasons my taste and respect for the present bus drivers has lessened recently.  Its kind of like having a cold when the taste buds go into neutral. They haven't gone anywhere, they are just temporarily inactive.  I have loved the Hogs forever and find that what I want in my team is not there and will not be there until Houston leaves and perhaps not even then.  And, I can no longer show HDN respect by calling him coach as I have come to believe he is not a very nice person.

Buff

Haven't quit watching, but following the program during the week has gotten a little boring.  Every article I read in the paper is nothing but sunshine-pumping BS.  Even the games seem a little stale.  I like watching our D, but the offense is what bores me.  Sure McFadden, Jones, and Hillis are fun to watch early in the game, but when defenses key in on them, it's not near as exciting.  Maybe if our coach acted like he wanted to win games instead of run clock.  I at least want to see some variety in our offense.  Calling the plays from in front of my tv before the ball is snapped gets really boring really fast.

Buff

oh yeah............and thank the good Lord for Hogville. 

PigMan

HogInMemphis

Quote from: PerryHog on October 13, 2005, 09:28:53 am
Poorly done, at that.
It's like dating a 35 year old girl for 2 years, and she still won't put out. At some point, we all will move on.
Glad for hogville, I can skim the board for those things that still interest me.

And with all the crappy posters who won't stop posting here, it crowds the board out and makes reading even less interesting, which is normally not the case during football season. And it's not just this board, it's all the main Hog boards. Lots of poorly skilled posters putting out a stream of consciousness that is boring at best and stupid and incomprehensible at worst. Thus all the 1 or 2 post threads crowding the board. It takes me about 1 minute to skim the board now as there are only 3 or 4 posters I read, knowing all the others are a waste of time.

Feralhog

Here we sit on the eve of the most pivotal game of the season, yet there's nary a post talking about Auburn.  The excitement level for this season is down the tubes.

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

HogInMemphis

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 13, 2005, 10:36:00 am
Something tells me we will be able to run very well against Auburn.

Something? Is this one of those "gut instincts"? Hahaha.

I wouldn't bet on that, friend.

Feralhog

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 13, 2005, 11:03:28 am
[
Give me a farging break Mark, I'm spending a small fortune on gas, food and tailgating expenses driving up from Dallas for the weekend. I'm trying my damnedest to be positive for this game. I'm gonna get plastered and have myself believing we will win when I get to my seat. If we lose then I'll be right back here calling for Nutt's head.

You might want to steal a page from my game prep management I've been using this year.

This was my prep for the USC game.  It seems to help.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=26798.msg271299#msg271299

Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hogbalz

Quote from: PerryHog on October 13, 2005, 09:28:53 am
Poorly done, at that.

I feel the same way. One good thing is I don't have to here the Gamecock and Clemson bs this year as they are not doing that great either. I scan the board but its the same stuff. Tired of even talking about it. Maybe DVH will get us back in the mood?
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

JDW

I'm actually getting fired up for a big conference game. Something tells me we will be able to run very well against Auburn. Hopefully Cox's first big road game will result in a few mistakes/turnovers to help us out. I really am expecting a slugfest and close game.

Same here. I think our D can get to Cox a few times and/or hurry him into a turnover situation.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: ImHogginIt on October 13, 2005, 11:03:28 am
Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 13, 2005, 10:43:21 am
Something tells me we will be able to run very well against Auburn.

Something? Is this one of those "gut instincts"? Hahaha.

I wouldn't bet on that, friend.

Give me a farging break Mark, I'm spending a small fortune on gas, food and tailgating expenses driving up from Dallas for the weekend. I'm trying my damnedest to be positive for this game. I'm gonna get plastered and have myself believing we will win when I get to my seat. If we lose then I'll be right back here calling for Nutt's head.

Okay, Fred. Whatevef floats your boat. Enjoy the drunkfest because you won't enjoy THIS game.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: JDW on October 13, 2005, 12:36:07 pm
I'm actually getting fired up for a big conference game. Something tells me we will be able to run very well against Auburn. Hopefully Cox's first big road game will result in a few mistakes/turnovers to help us out. I really am expecting a slugfest and close game.

Same here. I think our D can get to Cox a few times and/or hurry him into a turnover situation.

Yeah, but what about their D getting to Johnson a few times? Their D is as good as the Hogs have faced all year, including USC's. If they held the Hogs team 2 years ago in RRS to 3, how many is this pitiful offense going to get on Sat?

And last I checked, if you don't score, it's fairly difficult to win.

JDW

Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 13, 2005, 12:45:10 pm

Yeah, but what about their D getting to Johnson a few times? Their D is as good as the Hogs have faced all year, including USC's. If they held the Hogs team 2 years ago in RRS to 3, how many is this pitiful offense going to get on Sat?

I disagree. I think both USC and Alabama have better defenses.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: JDW on October 13, 2005, 01:01:31 pm
Quote from: HogInMemphis on October 13, 2005, 12:45:10 pm

I disagree. I think both USC and Alabama have better defenses.

Even if you're right and I'm wrong, you have to remember that we're playing this one in RRS. That's good for at least -7 for the Hogs' offense. So if you think they'll score 21, then you better subtract 7 from that.

JDW

Again I disagree about RRS. The Hogs are hungry for a solid win and we are 4/3 against Auburn overall. Besides I picked the Hogs over the Tigers 28-17 so I'm covered.  ;D

BirmingHam

Apathy has been bred by JFB with his "...if you ain't going to show up at RRS, then you won't get any play-by-play anywhere in the world" attitude.  I'm so used to only seeing our scores on the ESPN bottomline, that I don't get too excited anymore.  JFB is quickly losing a following for the Hogs from the out-of-state residents (well at least from me).

e_dub

Quote from: JDW on October 13, 2005, 01:06:41 pm

Again I disagree about RRS. The Hogs are hungry for a solid win and we are 4/3 against Auburn overall. Besides I picked the Hogs over the Tigers 28-17 so I'm covered. ;D

Auburn holds an 8-5-1 ege against Arkansas

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30726&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=202611

HogInMemphis

Quote from: BirmingHam on October 13, 2005, 01:15:49 pm
Apathy has been bred by JFB with his "...if you ain't going to show up at RRS, then you won't get any play-by-play anywhere in the world" attitude.  I'm so used to only seeing our scores on the ESPN bottomline, that I don't get too excited anymore.  JFB is quickly losing a following for the Hogs from the out-of-state residents (well at least from me).
The U of A is holding on to an icon that doesn't produce any more by keeping 80 yr. old JFB around. It's damaging and they are allowing it to happen. We can only hope that JFB is gone sooner than later before further damage occurs to the program. And it is not a matter of if but only of when and how much.

GorillaJMonsoon

"Something tells me we will be able to run very well against Auburn."

Is that your way of saying that we won't throw the ball again this game?  If so, then I agree.  And as far as getting to Cox, how many sacks did we have against ULM? 

e_dub

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 13, 2005, 01:29:58 pm

Is that your way of saying that we won't throw the ball again this game? If so, then I agree. And as far as getting to Cox, how many sacks did we have against ULM?

Hell, how many sacks have we had ALL YEAR?!

BirmingHam

I agree that JFB needs to be "allowed" to leave on his terms, but stepping on the toes of all the fans outside of Ark is starting to get out of hand.  And yes, I do go to all of the games in Bama and usually make one back in Ark each year.  But, I don't understand why he doesn't just black out a region around Fayetteville/LR and then let GamePlan air the games for us that are farther away.  It's hard to get excited each week when you know the only way to follow the Hogs is to wait for the papers to come out and read up.  Oh well, see me on Sunday when I get to read the sunshine 1 more time.

JDW

Quote from: e_dub on October 13, 2005, 01:16:29 pm
Quote from: JDW on October 13, 2005, 01:06:41 pm

Again I disagree about RRS. The Hogs are hungry for a solid win and we are 4/3 against Auburn overall. Besides I picked the Hogs over the Tigers 28-17 so I'm covered. ;D

Auburn holds an 8-5-1 ege against Arkansas

http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=30726&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=202611

You are correct, I miss quoted. They are 4/3 against Auburn under HDN.

HogInMemphis

Quote from: BirmingHam on October 13, 2005, 01:32:42 pm
It's hard to get excited each week when you know the only way to follow the Hogs is to wait for the papers to come out and read up. 

Why does this bother you? I'd think you'd be happy that you can only read about the disaster that is Nutt-coached Hog football rather than having to actually witness it with your eyes and/or ears.

JDW

Quote from: e_dub on October 13, 2005, 01:30:57 pm
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on October 13, 2005, 01:29:58 pm

Is that your way of saying that we won't throw the ball again this game? If so, then I agree. And as far as getting to Cox, how many sacks did we have against ULM?

Hell, how many sacks have we had ALL YEAR?!

Didn't we have 3 against Alabama?

I try to find the stats.

BirmingHam

Har, har.  Even with the Nutty at the helm, when the Hogs come on the tube, it has my total attention.  Maybe if we had a real coach, JFB would not be embarrassed to have them play on TV.

JDW

I can't find the number of sacks we had against Alabama but I thought we had 3. KJ Jr had one and I forget who else. Anyone remember or have stats?

Feralhog

In the Bama v Ark game, I'm pretty sure each team had two sacks

Buff

hint, hint..............drink yourself silly.  then sit under the heat yelling at the top of your lungs.  it's fun.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: JDW on October 13, 2005, 02:21:25 pm
I can't find the number of sacks we had against Alabama but I thought we had 3. KJ Jr had one and I forget who else. Anyone remember or have stats?

Quote from: Feralhog on October 13, 2005, 02:30:47 pm

Arkansas sacked Croyle three times for seventeen yards.  Olajubutu had two and Keith Jackson had one.  Alabama sacked R. Johnson twice for twelve yards.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

JDW

Quote from: gmb_79 on October 13, 2005, 03:44:22 pm

Arkansas sacked Croyle three times for seventeen yards.  Olajubutu had two and Keith Jackson had one.  Alabama sacked R. Johnson twice for twelve yards.

Thank you. Do you have a link to the stats? I can't find one.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: JDW on October 13, 2005, 03:56:34 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on October 13, 2005, 03:44:22 pm

Arkansas sacked Croyle three times for seventeen yards. Olajubutu had two and Keith Jackson had one. Alabama sacked R. Johnson twice for twelve yards.

Thank you. Do you have a link to the stats? I can't find one.

The game-by-game stats are on Hogwired.com at http://www.hogwired.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2431&DB_OEM_ID=6100&SPSID=33239&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=190086.  You'll need Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader to view the stat sheets.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

JDW