Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CJP Thanks The Fans via Student Newspaper

Started by #69, February 04, 2009, 04:58:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Found this in the school newspaper earlier today while reading between classes.  Thought it was a class act for a guy to write in to the Traveler to thank the fans.  Anyway here is a link and the whole story below

http://media.www.thetraveleronline.com/media/storage/paper688/news/2009/02/04/Opinion/Letters.To.The.Editor-3611328.shtml

Basketball coach is impressed with Hog fans

Last week leading up to the Alabama game was a difficult time for everyone in Northwest Arkansas.

With the power outages and uncertain driving conditions, I understand basketball was not at the top of the priority list for most, and it should not have been.

However, when the Razorbacks took the floor for Thursday's game, I was overwhelmed by the number of fans, students and non-students alike who made the effort to get to Bud Walton Arena to support your team. I was especially impressed with the number of students who came out. From the bench, it did not look like there was an open seat in that section. As usual, you were loud and supportive, and had an impact on the game.

I am very fortunate and humbled to be the head coach at the University of Arkansas. I love the history of this program. I love the passion of the fans and the students.

I want our team to do well and overachieve, and to play with that same passion to make the students, fans, university and state proud.

You have proven over the years you are supportive of the Razorbacks to the end. You help us play better. You make it difficult for our opponents. You help us win, and Thursday was another example.

The coaches and student-athletes appreciate your support always, but especially so last week under what were definitely trying circumstances for many of you.

Thank you and Go Hogs!

John Pelphrey
Razorback Men's Basketball Coach

Hogbody

Hawgndaaz

i like it. you get a student section to have your back, opposing teams and refs will DREAD coming to your place.

Hawgrox

I love this!

But I have to ask...what's the difference between a "fan" and a "non-student"?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Oliver

Verge

Quote from: Hawgrox on February 04, 2009, 07:57:47 pm
I love this!

The 40,000 dollar piece of paper hanging on our walls. Mine is signed by white too(gag).

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawgrox on February 04, 2009, 07:57:47 pm
I love this!

He wasn't saying there was a difference. He was saying describing the fans as being both students and non-students.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

hillhog

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 04, 2009, 07:47:28 pm
i like it. you get a student section to have your back, opposing teams and refs will DREAD coming to your place.

I would like to see this happen. At this time it appears to me that refs enjoy coming in and rubbing our noses is their droppings and opposing teams enjoy coming because we tend to make at least one on their team look like a bonafide All American.