Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Freshman.....

Started by Hawgbrew, August 19, 2005, 04:19:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgbrew

Is going to have the break out year like Monk did last year?   My money is on Felix
Jones. 

RazorRedneck

Quote from: Hawgbrew on August 19, 2005, 04:19:55 pm
Is going to have the break out year like Monk did last year? My money is on Felix
Jones.

I would agree with that.

Bomis Hawg

The pick that everyone will make Felix Jones their pick.  He probably will be on Offense.  Overall, I'll say Tyrell Graham or Freddie Fairchild will be the break-out guy.  They will show some good stuff this year.  Jones will probably get more time as the season goes on.  The two LBs might not, but they'll make the most of their shots.

EL' MAHOG

Jose Valdez, If Fish can do anything on returns that would be a HUGE help, starting on the 35 instead of 20.
I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BKillian on August 19, 2005, 04:41:10 pm
Jose Valdez, If Fish can do anything on returns that would be a HUGE help, starting on the 35 instead of 20.

True frosh very rarely make an early impact except for special players like Shawn Andrews.

Felix Jones should be the man in the backfield if DH keeps tiptoeing to the line. Scoring 41 TDs in 5A ball in oklahoma is unreal. He ran all over nationally ranked Jenks Trojans.

DevilHog

Freddie Fairchild. I say this because we tend to platoon the backfield. There are two seniors there as well as Mcfadden and Hillis. There may not be enough looks. Frairchild, on the other hand is entering a group that did not produce. He should see plenty of opportunities.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: BKillian on August 19, 2005, 04:41:10 pm

Hell starting on the 21 yr line would be an improvement over special teams last year.

Oklahawg

Graham or Fairchild will be given every opportunity to join the rotation and be impact LBs. Jones is an obvious pick, but where are all the folks who skipped past him to talk about McFadden 3 months ago? :)

Cedric Logan could be a very valuable weapon out of the slot this year.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

MCPeePants

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 19, 2005, 11:46:00 pm

Cedric Logan could be a very valuable weapon out of the slot this year.

Yes, but he is technically a sophomore.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG

leavenworth1

Maybe it's a good think McFadden has less focus on him now, but my money is still with McFadden to eventually be the stud this year.  He's gonna run over people and then stay ahead of them.  I love it that we have two potentially amazing tailbacks, that's really exciting.  Think of how good our backfield could be next year if Mustain plays.

leavenworth1

Above that should say "good thing". I hate when that happens. 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: leavenworth1 on August 20, 2005, 03:16:16 am
I love it that we have two potentially amazing tailbacks, that's really exciting. 
We could always go back to the wishbone and play em both. ;D ;D
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

tulsahog36

Felix jones.  I know he is not a freshman, but Anthony Brown will debut as a Hog this fall and very well could be the most important NEW Hog on the entire team.