Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU receiver quits the team.

Started by Bomis Hawg, August 18, 2005, 05:22:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

August 18, 2005, 05:22:41 pm Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:25:36 pm by Bomis Hawg
Link: Amp Hill Leaves LSU

LSU receiver quits the team
8/17/2005, 3:10 p.m. CT
The Associated Press   

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Sophomore wide receiver Amp Hill left the LSU football team and will transfer to another school, LSU coach Les Miles announced on Wednesday.

Another Link about him

LSU WR bolting team; considering South Florida

Redshirt sophomore WR Amp Hill has left the LSU football team and will be released from his scholarship by coach Les Miles. Hill has toiled through lingering effects of multiple knee surgeries and never regained his form. LSU had him listed as third string, though Hill was once expected to be feature receiver for the Tigers.

Hill is expected to transfer & perhaps rejoin former LSU graduate assistant Lawrence Dawsey, now the WR coach at South Florida. If he enrolls immediately, Hill would sit out this season and join the Bulls next year.

This should have a minimal impact on LSU - losing a third string receiver doesn't change the way you approach games. Will Hill be able to rebound and be an impact player at USF? I guess only time will tell. South Florida's got the scholarships to offer and would welcome a potential impact receiver

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Bomis Hawg

Link: SI Jinx Goes Regional

Interesting.  Top three teams are on the SI cover this year.  Three-way jinx? :D

D. West

Not to flame, but does this board always get information this late? :razorback:

NuttsSacked

I read that on Dandy Don's site this morning.  There didn't seem to be much interest from Tiger fans as they knew it was coming. 

Hill is, however, the 6th player in that Top 10 recruiting class no longer with the team.  I found that interesting.     

Bomis Hawg

No, this board doesn't get posted late.  Obviously, those reading it didn't want to post it -- same can be said for other boards.  The Amp Hill article was posted on other boards today.  Sorry if we were a few hours late.  Don't recall the CFN thing posted any where else.

Flatfoot

I just hate this for LSU.  NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT!  ;D
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Tammany Tom

This is really a very sad story about a really good kid.

Amp Hill was one of the highest ranked recruits coming out of Florida (Jacksonville First Coast HS) in 2003. He was doing outstanding throughout fall camp and was so impressive that Saban & Jimbo had plans to play him a lot as a true freshman even though we were loaded at WR with Michael Clayton, Devery Henderson, and Skyler Green. Just prior to our opener with ULM, Amp tore his ACL and was out for the season. He worked extremely hard rehabbing his knee and was very impressive throughout the summer in 2004. He, again was looking very impressive and worked his way to first team and then, again ripped up his ACL and was, again, out for the year.

Amp worked hard all year long rehabbing the knee, but was a half step slow and was buried in the depth chart. LSU is loaded at WR with very young talent and Amp saw the writting on the wall (No playing time available). Amp talked to Les Miles and told him that he wanted to be released from his scholarship and Les released him.

I wish him all the best at South Florida. Amp is a very good kid, an extremely persistant person, and a winner. It's too bad that bad injuries happen to very gifted football players leaving them a shell of their former selves.

LSUFan

Who's gonna keep the pine from flying off now?

Tammany Tom

One more thing.......................this is how much we are going to miss Amp Hill. Check out the article on ESPN and notice that Amp's name is not mentioned anywhere in the article.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/preview05/news/story?id=2133234&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2fpreview05%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d2133234