Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would you do to improve the aesthetics of the UA campus?

Started by JJHog, August 18, 2005, 03:26:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JJHog

Some things have improved since I was there--many of you have been to other SEC campuses--any ideas?

I woud like to sign see red street signs when you are on campus
" Think Right, Do Right"

WindyCityHog

The "curbside appeal" isn't a reference to your penchant for driving over the curb, is it?

MJ2

Free parking for students!!!!

My daughter is there and it would cost her $390 per year to have reserved parking at her dorm.

She'll be in an apartment next year......

Hog in MO

Personally, i think the campus is beautiful.  I'm sure I could nit pick at a few things like South Razorback Road - it could use some beautification seeing as how nearly everyone attending a FB or BB game goes through that area.  But overall, the campus looks great.  Now, the drive up 6th St. on the way to campus - that's another story -  probably the LEAST attractive part of Fayetteville.

Porquemada

TulsaHogFan

Fill in all the damn hills, do you know how out of breath i am carrying 6 beers in various containers (chilled) a pack of smokes, (one lit) some rum or bourbon, all the way from the Kappa Sig house on Dickson i get when walking? 

At least put in some freaking escalators on Dickson..... Come on.....

I am kidding, i know the hills add character, and give me a workout, but if i wanted a workout i would be on the treadmill stone sober, not at a hogs game

Hog in MO

Quote from: jacob on August 18, 2005, 07:41:18 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on August 18, 2005, 03:31:03 pm
Stadium drive needs curbside appeal. They need to drop drainage pipe down on either side and extend the road over the ditches and resurface the entire road. It looks too much like a neighborhood street and needs to look more like a major avcenue into the institution.

Not been on campus lately?...

They have resurfaced the road and we now have a sidewalk, grass, and trees all the way up to the stadium...  Looks much better.

btw:  The mess by the gate has been cleaned up :)

this pic is of Razorback Road - Stadium Drive runs along the East side of RRS where Barnhill is - but I assume we're all talking about Razorback Rd. I'm glad they made those improvements - for the longest time it did'nt even have sidewalks once u got past BWA and the track.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: razorback4life on August 18, 2005, 08:18:51 pm
they need to put some of those people movers they have in airports to help you walk up the hills. Its a bitch climbing up those bad boys for a fat boy. ;D

With cup holders....

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: TulsaHogFan on August 18, 2005, 07:34:04 pm
Fill in all the damn hills, do you know how out of breath i am carrying 6 beers in various containers (chilled) a pack of smokes, (one lit) some rum or bourbon, all the way from the Kappa Sig house on Dickson i get when walking? 

At least put in some freaking escalators on Dickson..... Come on.....

I am kidding, i know the hills add character, and give me a workout, but if i wanted a workout i would be on the treadmill stone sober, not at a hogs game

yea, that hill going up from the HPER to the main part of campus used to KICK MY ASSSSSSS!!!!  good thing I was young then 'cause I'd probably have to sit down for a minute or two now-a-days (now that I'm married and all)
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

RazrBakr

How about enforcing a maximum weight limit on the girls allowed to wear low rise jeans with tops that show mid-riff.  That's help! ;D
Just can't help smiling these days!!!