Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

USC game info from anyone from LA area..

Started by Hog6, August 17, 2005, 09:30:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog6

Mrs Hog6 wants to know what kind of red gear she needs.  What will the weather probably be like?  If I remember from some trips I've made out there the Sept daytime temps are like in the 70s and the evenings can be cool... any recommendations?

Bomis Hawg

I'm not from LA, but I can give you some info.  We'll know if it will rain or not closer the game comes.  But, typically, the weather will be in the high 70s to mid 80s. 

If it were me, I'd say shorts could be fine.  Jersey.  Or, shorts and a long sleeve shirt.  It won't be very warm, at least I don't think.  Just food for thought.

Porquemada

I would recommend a riot helmet and thick skin because those fans are going to be a tad upset when Arkansas leaves LA with a victory and USC's quest for TWO, not three, NC goes by the wayside. Which brings me to this question - Why is everyone pimping USC going for it's third NC in three years? If memory serves me correctly, LSU won the NC in 03, not USC. And if they aren't going to acknowledge LSUs BCS NC, then why would they recognize their own BCS NC from last season?

Hog6

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on August 17, 2005, 10:12:23 pm
I would recommend a riot helmet and thick skin because those fans are going to be a tad upset when Arkansas leaves LA with a victory and USC's quest for TWO, not three, NC goes by the wayside. Which brings me to this question - Why is everyone pimping USC going for it's third NC in three years? If memory serves me correctly, LSU won the NC in 03, not USC. And if they aren't going to acknowledge LSUs BCS NC, then why would they recognize their own BCS NC from last season?

Okay, good.  Riot helmet, mace, pepper spray, maybe one of those telescoping batons.... might be good for the trip to the car after the game, too.

VoR

They qualify as AP 2 time defending champ, which as much as I think LSU deserved it that year, the only 1's we have to blame for it being a split championship is the idjits from the BCS and that run the BCS, when will they learn, until they have some type of playoff, more times then not, their title game will be just like a cat pooping on the sidewalk, no matter how hard they try they'll never cover the fact they messed up, and it's still gonna stink like cat poop.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

DevilHog

As late as the game is, my wife is taking a pull over wind shirt. It will be cool, not cold. I went to a USC-Notre Dame game some years back and the fans were ok. However they were not as good then as they are now. It is a pretty upper-crust crowd so I think you will be ok without the riot gear, at least while in the stadium. Outside the stadium gates you will find your usual collection of gang members, hookers, and pimps. So, get there early enough to get parking inside the gates. I also remember a bunch of homeless folks with shopping carts collecting empty cans. It is a different type of place.

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Hog6 on August 17, 2005, 10:18:44 pm
Quote from: Pork'n Beans on August 17, 2005, 10:12:23 pm

Okay, good. Riot helmet, mace, pepper spray, maybe one of those telescoping batons.... might be good for the trip to the car after the game, too.

Don't forget the taser.  Never forget the Taser.

atuHOG

Quote from: DevilHog on August 18, 2005, 10:32:56 am
Outside the stadium gates you will find your usual collection of gang members, hookers, and pimps. So, get there early enough to get parking inside the gates. I also remember a bunch of homeless folks with shopping carts collecting empty cans. It is a different type of place.
so in other words it's like playing in Little Rock?   haha just kiddin' fellas.

pork-e-pine

weather in CA is always the same...warm and sunny high in the mid-eighties.  Bring a can of fresh air though unless you are used to smog.  I am from california so i am used to the weather.  Also, enjoy your two days of humidity free living.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

bigred7987

my advice...dont leave the campus unless u wanna see the real LA and have all your money stolen hah

Coliseum

Hi Yall!  :)

Hope yall enjoy your stay in Southern California!  Gameday weather should be anywhere from mid 80's up to mid 90's.  With a late kickoff time (7:15pm local) it could get a little cool late in the evening but definitely not cold.
Have a great time in L.A.!

Fight On!

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: Coliseum on August 18, 2005, 09:30:52 pm
Hi Yall! :)

Hope yall enjoy your stay in Southern California! Gameday weather should be anywhere from mid 80's up to mid 90's. With a late kickoff time (7:15pm local) it could get a little cool late in the evening but definitely not cold.
Have a great time in L.A.!

Fight On!

You did remember to pack your hankerchief right????

PorcineSublime

Quote from: atuHOG on August 18, 2005, 12:58:13 pm
Outside the stadium gates you will find your usual collection of gang members, hookers, and pimps. So, get there early enough to get parking inside the gates. I also remember a bunch of homeless folks with shopping carts collecting empty cans. It is a different type of place.
LOL, I do remember walking up  to WMS one year and hearing gunfire in the background. NO BS. Go Hogs.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

atuHOG

Quote from: PorcineSublime on August 19, 2005, 07:23:56 am
Quote from: atuHOG on August 18, 2005, 12:58:13 pm
LOL, I do remember walking up to WMS one year and hearing gunfire in the background. NO BS. Go Hogs.
;D I was mainly refering to the homeless folks that are all over the downtown/capitol area.