Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger board (Missouri) talks about our matchup just click below photo:

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, December 15, 2007, 09:19:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bobcat ball

The SEC is far and away the toughest conference in the country and Missery would not even be bowl eligible if they were in the SEC.
WOO PIG

Tejano Jawg

All the Mizzou people are complaining because they're not playing (higher-ranked) Tennessee or Auburn.

I want to beat their ass so bad that, after the game, they REALLY wished they'd played Tennessee or Auburn.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

LeadHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 15, 2007, 09:54:40 pm
Should ask them what it would feel like to play oklahoma 6 or 7 times a year.  That's what its like in the SEC.

I think it may be a little worse.  There are teams in the SEC that will pound you running the ball.  Note how beat up LSU was at the end of the year.  Power teams that bring the wood every game.  We'll see how they like the McFadden and Felix show.

Smokehouse

Quote from: nealeb on December 16, 2007, 01:44:43 am
Please... You should be thankful you are not playing Kansas.

thankful we're not playing Kansas, lol. I'd replace any SEC team with Kansas. Is their quarterback even tall enough to ride the ferris wheel at the fair?
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

chiefsfan

Whoever from Arkansas made that comment about how Ole Miss or Vandy could beats mizzou needs to get a life and fast.    Mizzou destroyed Ole Miss just last year...and they may have played this year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

El Puerco Grande

I think the BCS committee looked at their schedule and saw that they had ONE good win, over Kansas.
How 'bout them hogs?

Hoggish1

That is one weirdly put together board and some wacked out fans who need to learn more about the game of football.

Maverick Razorback

Quote from: LeadHog on December 16, 2007, 12:54:00 pm
I think it may be a little worse.  There are teams in the SEC that will pound you running the ball.  Note how beat up LSU was at the end of the year.  Power teams that bring the wood every game.  We'll see how they like the McFadden and Felix show.
+1 for avy
IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.

HillCreature

Quote from: rjoyner44 on December 16, 2007, 09:51:55 pm
I think the BCS committee looked at their schedule and saw that they had ONE good win, over Kansas.

Yeah Illinois (the only team to beat tOSU and who is also in the BCS) must suck. Arkiesaw quit stroking your undeserved ego.

HillCreature

Quote from: LeadHog on December 16, 2007, 12:54:00 pm

Nothing they haven't seen before. I believe OU had Adrian Peterson last year. And this year had the top RB recruit in the nation from 2006 (DeMarco Murray)  splitting time with three other highly recruited RB's. Maybe the SEC just can't stop the run. Seems like So Cal had a pretty easy time shutting down your "heisman" hopeful. LOL.

HawgPyle

Quote from: HillCreature on December 17, 2007, 04:45:00 am
Nothing they haven't seen before. I believe OU had Adrian Peterson last year. And this year had the top RB recruit in the nation from 2006 (DeMarco Murray)  splitting time with three other highly recruited RB's. Maybe the SEC just can't stop the run. Seems like So Cal had a pretty easy time shutting down your "heisman" hopeful. LOL.

Since he didn't get to play much due to injury, I'd say no they didn't really get a chance too...retard.  If you're gonna come over here with a cut...make sure it's relevant.

Kitten von Clawsewitz

QuoteI think the BCS committee looked at their schedule and saw that they had ONE good win, over Kansas.

And Kansas got the BCS game; you should check out Kansas' schedule to understand what Missouri fans are complaining about.
I have the best hair on this website.

El Dogg Hog

Like I said before, Mizzou talked more trash before the INDEPENDANCE BOWL than any team I have ever seen. Now Mizzou is not known for its football and they really havn't proved anything over the years for them to talk trash they way they do. Hope we make them eat there words again!

the wife

I can't wait until we whip their puny rumps and show what a true Heisman candidate is.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 15, 2007, 09:40:59 pm
Actually, I read the guys post, and I agree with him.

They were ranked in the top 5 in the last week of the season.  They lost in a game that the NCAA should either do away with or make every conference have.....The conference championship game.

We, despite the fact that with a good coach we'd be in a BCS bowl, finished the season unranked.  To pair a team that should still be in the top 10 with an unranked team is an obvious slap in Mizzou's face, based on nothing more than their overall lack of tradition.

Do I think we'll beat them?  Yes.

Does Tiger Nation have a good point?  Yes.

Well...............In that case..............Shouldn't Arkansas have gone to the Sugar Bowl last year since we made it to the SECCG and LSU didn't ?

By your line of thinking...............Arkansas got screwed last year like Missou did this year

Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Bama Hog™

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on December 15, 2007, 09:25:56 pm
They are kind of full of themselves aren't they?

I wunder how'd they like a good ol' country ass whoopin'?

I am guessing they ain't gonna have a choice.
Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 17, 2007, 10:09:45 am

Well...............In that case..............Shouldn't Arkansas have gone to the Sugar Bowl last year since we made it to the SECCG and LSU didn't ?

By your line of thinking...............Arkansas got screwed last year like Missou did this year

I'm not sure about going to the Sugar Bowl because I'm not a bowl expert like some of you on here.  I'm just looking at this in terms of where a team was ranked to end the season and where they were before the bogus championship game.

If we would have been ranked in the top 10 last year (and was the number one team in the country the game before the last one we played) and was sent to a Non-BCS bowl (any bowl, it's irrelevant to the point of this post) to play a team that underachieved and finished the season unranked, we'd be crying FOUL at the top of our lungs.......And justifiably so.

That's all I'm saying here.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

HogHillbilly

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 17, 2007, 10:24:37 am
I'm not sure about going to the Sugar Bowl because I'm not a bowl expert like some of you on here.  I'm just looking at this in terms of where a team was ranked to end the season and where they were before the bogus championship game.

If we would have been ranked in the top 10 last year (and was the number one team in the country the game before the last one we played) and was sent to a Non-BCS bowl (any bowl, it's irrelevant to the point of this post) to play a team that underachieved and finished the season unranked, we'd be crying FOUL at the top of our lungs.......And justifiably so.

I know what your saying...................But

Arkansas was 5 before the LSU game
Arkansas was 8 before the Florida game
Arkansas was 12 before the Wisconsin game
Arkansas was 15 in the post season

What I'm saying is..........If Missou deserves a BCS bowl this year.............Arkansas deserved one last year
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

LZH

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on December 17, 2007, 10:24:37 am

Mizzou got no respect from BCS bowls because they are, as a program, average at best.  Let's see them repeat this year for the next 4-5 years and maybe they get some respect.  So, stop whining Mizzou...you had your chance.  The fact that you're playing an 8-4 SEC team says alot.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 17, 2007, 10:39:31 am

What I'm saying is..........If Missou deserves a BCS bowl this year.............Arkansas deserved one last year

More important to my statement than BCS or non-BCS is the rankings of the opponent.  I know why the disrespect to Mizzou, as described by LedZepHog.  It's still disrespect though.

Quite honestly, this to me, is yet another good example of why we need an 8 or 10 team playoff system.  In a year like this one, where it seemed like no team was really clear cut above the others, a playoff would have been the best solution.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Kitten von Clawsewitz on December 17, 2007, 07:10:50 am
you should check out Kansas' schedule to understand what Missouri fans are complaining about.

Other than the Illinois non-con game, there's not a lot of difference between the two.

HillCreature

Quote from: mj4president on December 16, 2007, 02:35:32 am
We will beat the hell out of yall. Yes this year the hogs would be the 2nd best team in the Big 12 and what we are 7th in the SEC? The Big 12 and all the others are jokes.  You beat the WORST team in the SEC by a whopping 12 POINTS at HOME. Keep tellin yourself that you are good. Come 2008 you will be going damn we just got ran over. We are about to SHOW you what a real piece of the SEC is like.

This is why people hate the Arkie Inbreeders. DUMBEST FANS IN THE NCAA.

HillCreature

It's amazing what being secluded in the boston "mts" all your life listening to 40/29 for decades will do to your perception of reality. Arkiesaw=Never was. Guess too much stank rolling of the chicken houses in NWA retards the mind.

Dugann

I got to say I hope Lee and Reggie can go out and get us a win here.  I like to punch a tiger in the damn mouth!
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

HillCreature

Arkie=Stinkiest place i've ever been. Add in the fact it's inhabited by some of the strangest most backward thinking people I've ever witnessed (represented well in the U of A fanbase) and you've got one hell of a sinkhole. Here's to you Arkiesaw.

HillCreature

Quote from: HogHillbilly on December 17, 2007, 10:39:31 am

Uhhhm. Not the same as being ranked number 1 the last week of the season. Come on.

reddogjcss

They seem full of them selves, I was at the Independence Bowl when we kicked there BUTTTTTs & we are going to Kick it AGAIN!!!!!

HillCreature

Quote from: Sao Ming on December 16, 2007, 01:36:03 am
Dude, seriously.  When you stepped out of the B12 N you went 1-2...even Colorado beat OU.

Keep talking.  Texas did in 2000 and...

Wow. You just like to make up stats? Missouri played more than 3 games out of the big 12 north this season. Every big 12 team plays 3 regular season games from the opposite division every year. +1 for the CCG. That's 2-2 against Big12 south teams this year plus 4-0 against non Big12 teams this year.
Pretty sure that adds up to 6-2. And both losses came to the same freaking team. Get a freaking clue [CENSORED].

HillCreature

Quote from: reddogjcss on December 26, 2007, 04:18:58 am
They seem full of them selves, I was at the Independence Bowl when we kicked there BUTTTTTs & we are going to Kick it AGAIN!!!!!

Arkie is the very definition of full of themselves, unwarranted arrogance, misplaced self-worth, and manipulation of reality.......But, but, but the SEC is tough and stuff. LOL

hoggystyle78

Phuck Missouri!!!!, they ain't schitt and never will be! I'm gonna enjoy seeing our O-line along with our backs pound yall's overrated A$$ into the Cotton Bowl turf!!! Get ready, the SEC is coming to kick a$$ and take names! The Big 12 North is a joke and the Hogs will prove it to everybody Jan. 1st.

HoopS

A 10-2 Missouri probably did deserve the BCS game, rather than Kansas.  And we did NOT deserve it last year.  Sorry, we just didn't.   LSU beat us at our place and had a higher national ranking.  Mizzou beat Kansas and IMO, earned that BCS spot, not Kansas.

Let them talk.  They've not had much to brag about since Devine was their coach. 

Just a friendly reminder....

Last year, the Big 12 Champ lost to Boise State.

Happy Holidays.

want2be

Reggie is pulling all stops out for the offense to mix it up
                    Monk is healhier that he has been all year
                     Dmac and Felix.............enough said

Past Defense is a must ie, Kentucky, Tenn, Bama

Final   Ark 45      Mo 38

rljjr

There is no reason to believe Arkansas should win based on our bowl record and recent past performance. However, since Hill Creature is such an arrogant jerk, I must say it's going to be nice to see our interim coach, DMAC and boys run all over Mizzou. Where is HIS attitude coming from? One good season in the last 50 years doesn't give you an open microphone.

HoopS

I would say "act like you've been there before, Hill Creature", but if he's a Missouri fan and under about 50, he probably hasn't. 

Lard

its funny.....Missery is one of the all-time worst programs in college football.  They are a loser.......yet they go through a cupcake schedule losing twice to the only good team they face all year, and they are now equating themselves with the upper tier of the SEC.  Its really just kind of sad. 
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

HogNuttz

Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

want2be

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 10:16:42 am
We will lose.

David Lee is calling all/most of the plays.

Correction...........Lee was not calling the plays this year....He was only calling what Nutt advised him to do

HogNuttz

Quote from: want2be on December 26, 2007, 10:22:03 am

Correction...........Lee was not calling the plays this year....He was only calling what Nutt advised him to do

Umm....no correction.  Nutt isn't here and I don't think Reggie is going to call many of the plays.

David Lee is calling the plays, and we will lose.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

borz

Quote from: HillCreature on December 16, 2007, 02:29:27 am
And a freaking 6-6 cal team beat tennesse who beat y'all soundly. Seriously this SEC invented football and apple pie crap is re-tard-ed. Most of the SEC peeps can't observe a game objectively, everything is we'd have won about a hun-erd national champeenships if in we played in that joke of a conference. It just makes you all sound like you work for ESPN.

Quite possibly the dumbest post ever.

borz

Quote from: Lard on December 26, 2007, 09:51:34 am
its funny.....Missery is one of the all-time worst programs in college football.  They are a loser.......yet they go through a cupcake schedule losing twice to the only good team they face all year, and they are now equating themselves with the upper tier of the SEC.  Its really just kind of sad. 

Quite possibly the smartest post ever.

HogNuttz

Quote from: borz on December 26, 2007, 10:52:25 am
Quite possibly the smartest post ever.

Kansas is good, and very easily could have beat Mizzou if Kansas' offense wasn't asleep for the first half of the game.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 11:11:55 am
Kansas is good, and very easily could have beat Mizzou if Kansas' offense wasn't asleep for the first half of the game.

Kansas also over rated.  I mean MIssou played one good team this year and lost to them twice.  OU in case you were wondering
Let's make some waves.

Lard

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 11:11:55 am
Who did Kansas play this year?  Mizzou was their toughest opponent and they lost.  Kansas is 6-6 maybe 5-7 if they play in the SEC-W this year. 
"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - John Quincy Adams

HogNuttz

I never said Kansas was great, or they didn't have a cupcake schedule, but they are a good team.

Dog them all you want, they are doing something this year we have never done.

Lard

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 11:18:42 am
I never said Kansas was great, or they didn't have a cupcake schedule, but they are a good team.

If we were in the Big XII north we have done that "thing" by now.
-Thomas Jefferson

HogNuttz

Quote from: Lard on December 26, 2007, 11:44:39 am
If we were in the Big XII north we have done that "thing" by now.

If if's and but's were candy and nuts, there wouldn't be any starving kids in Africa.

They have a one loss season and are going to a BCS.  We dream of having either.

regi

Quote from: HogNuttz on December 26, 2007, 11:18:42 am

What? Win 11? Hogs have done that 3 times,10 or more 11 times. Win Division? Done that four times. They didn't win their own league and the Hogs have won 14 SWC championships. They will not win a NC this year and Hogs have 1 of those in the bag. The Hogs have also played in the orange bowl. So what exactly are they doing that the Hogs have never done? Oh I know, avoid the two best teams in your conference, not beat a top 25 team all year long and finish in the top 10. You are right, the Hogs have never done that.

HogNuttz

Quote from: regi on December 26, 2007, 12:15:19 pm
What? Win 11? Hogs have done that 3 times,10 or more 11 times. Win Division? Done that four times. They didn't win their own league and the Hogs have won 14 SWC championships. They will not win a NC this year and Hogs have 1 of those in the bag. The Hogs have also played in the orange bowl. So what exactly are they doing that the Hogs have never done? Oh I know, avoid the two best teams in your conference, not beat a top 25 team all year long and finish in the top 10. You are right, the Hogs have never done that.

Pssst.

Kansas is playing in a BCS bowl.