Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 08:44:29 am

TT

Started by HOGALEWYA, November 28, 2007, 11:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Beebefan1992

This could be the slap in the face TT has beenwanting to give Auburn after they tried to get rid of hima few years ago.  Talk about a contract extension, then stand up the AD for a meeting come to Arkansas to go Duck hunting and agree to a deal with the Hogs!!! WPS...I don't have any sources, al speculation, but darn it feels good.  I think this may actually happen.

ThisLittlePiggie

Everything begins with defense at Auburn. Defense wins football games. (Auburn)

Offense is nice but you better damn well have a defense to go with it. (Texas Tech)

hogchic2001

Quote from: forttownpimp on November 28, 2007, 11:49:52 pm
He just got an extension from Auburn.  You people are stupid. 
Calling out MODS are you?  HOW DO YOU KNOW HE GOT AN EXTENSION?  Sure LAST NIGHT they agreed in "principle" but something has happened.  Please refrain from calling names.
Go HOGS Go!

Razorhio

Thanks for the kind words.  Read pages 2 and 3.  I think it's been established that no extension has been agreed upon yet.

Oliver

Quote from: hog_fan on November 28, 2007, 11:50:08 pm
TT overall win % is barely higher then Nutt(The coach who was FIRED). Like .05%

Yeah, try looking at his winning percentage since he's been at Auburn.

Philip Seaton

Well if you go by Tuesday's story, they were working on one.  Today, they did not meet and Tuberville was not in his office...per an Alabama newspaper.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: nutted on November 28, 2007, 11:50:25 pm
Shula?

Alright, alright!!  I'm an idiot!!

Just not as sure about TT as everybody else yet...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Hog-I

Good god.  Lots of mods posting in this thread.

Scott E.

Quote from: Death by Hog on November 28, 2007, 11:51:48 pm
Well it has been in the MMQB this long and all the mods seem to at least be backing the strong possibility, I think I will allow myself to get a little excited.  ;D

Go ahead... get a chubby for Tubby.  8)

hogsailor

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

RhodeHog

Wow...he would not have been my first choice, but he's 1000% better than what we had.

PRINCEHOG

Hank351

Tommy T.'s winning percentage is in the top 10 of D1 NCAA.  Nutts was not in the top 25 while he was at Arkansas

HoopHog

Quote from: hog_fan on November 28, 2007, 11:50:08 pm
TT overall win % is barely higher then Nutt(The coach who was FIRED). Like .05%

Oh wake up man.  What are you smoking?  Here is a MAJOR barometer that seperates TT from also rans like HDN.  When TT's back was against the wall with unhappy boosters at Auburn, he responded by producing an undefeated season at Auburn.  AN UNDEFEATED SEASON!!!  He knows what it is like to both WIN AN SEC CHAMPIONSHIP and watch a BCS bowl from someplace other than his very own den.  There is a HUGE difference between Tommy Tubberville and the new coach of Ole Miss.  HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

BradyHolzhauer

I am READY for this!! I want to know MORE!!!

BigArkyintheRock

It's about time Arkansas had a Head Coach with some class. From El Dorko to Mr. T in less than a week. I like it!

WPS!
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

WMHawgfan

Planned hunting trip huh? I think we all know what he is hunting. He is hunting greenbacks in the hills of NWA. Though I think it is all just a smokescreen to get the maximum dollar out of Auburn.

jkelly107

RazorZach

Quote from: AMEN! on November 28, 2007, 11:53:01 pm

That ain't EVEN right. I almost spit water all over my computer screen after reading that. You should have put a disclaimer on that post or something.  :)
"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

Oklahawg

Quote from: AMEN! on November 28, 2007, 11:53:01 pm

Damn, that's funny.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Conway4Hogs

This is for real....I know the Mods wouldnt let this stay here if not and they sure wouldnt be adding to it....WELCOME HOME TT !!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Hawgon

I am priapic in anticipation.

Lanny

Quote from: hogchic2001 on November 28, 2007, 11:51:59 pm
Calling out MODS are you?  HOW DO YOU KNOW HE GOT AN EXTENSION?  Sure LAST NIGHT they agreed in "principle" but something has happened.  Please refrain from calling names.

He's right.  We're all stupid sitting up at night hitting refresh trying to find out who is the next coach.

We have a problem and addiction

It's Razorback Football
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

elkhog

Quote from: hog_fan on November 28, 2007, 11:48:33 pm
His record last 4 years is awesome but before that just average. Does he still have the fire in him?

He better for the amount of money he is costing.
GO HOGS!!!

HoopHog

Quote from: CabotHog on November 28, 2007, 11:54:14 pm
Jesus people. For the 15th time. Please read what Hoop, others, and I have posted.

Coach Tommy Tuberville and Auburn have agreed in principle to a contract extension, but major contract issues must still be resolved, according to a report in The Birmingham News.

YEP/  Re-read your sports page.  You will note that those articles you read say nothing about Tommy signing jack crap.  NOTHING HAS BEEN FINALIZED.

tahlahog

snoblind

Do you actually go read the articles that have been posted????
1. Click on the links
2. Read the arcticle
3. check back with us after you realize you are the stupid one

NOTHING HAS BEEN SIGNED BETWEEN TUBERVILLE AND AUBURN.  ACCORDING TO THE AUBURN ARTICLES HE HASN'T EVEN RECEIVED IT IN WRITING!!!!!

Sorry but this has been beat to death.

RazorBacker215

Should I go to bed or stay up and wait for the media to report this?

hog_fan

Quote from: HoopHog on November 28, 2007, 11:54:19 pm
Oh wake up man.  What are you smoking?  Here is a MAJOR barometer that seperates TT from also rans like HDN.  When TT's back was against the wall with unhappy boosters at Auburn, he responded by producing an undefeated season at Auburn.  AN UNDEFEATED SEASON!!!  He knows what it is like to both WIN AN SEC CHAMPIONSHIP and watch a BCS bowl from someplace other than his very own den.  There is a HUGE difference between Tommy Tubberville and the new coach of Ole Miss.  HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

of course he is better then nutt. Didn't say he was worst. much better

Oklahawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:52:53 pm

Alright, alright!!  I'm an idiot!!

Just not as sure about TT as everybody else yet...

Hey, think about the progress. From 2-year pass to Dana Altman to Susie Gardner to ... ding-ding-ding...TT. At least they're trying!!!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

sowmonella

Anything popping up on the Aubbie boards?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Arkiebrian

Oklahawg

Quote from: tahlahog on November 28, 2007, 11:55:57 pm
Will TT hire Gus?

I love Gus. But I think its a bit greedy to hope for Gus and a big-time HC.

Gus will have his own head gig, maybe later this month.

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: hSv on November 28, 2007, 11:55:38 pm
He's right.  We're all stupid sitting up at night hitting refresh trying to find out who is the next coach.

We have a problem and addiction

It's Razorback Football

You got that right, hSv!

Will we know anything tonight or is it safe to go to bed?

RickyRoma

Will TT hire Gus?

No...He's bringing Urban Meyer to call the plays.

It doesn't matter!  TT will hire good coaches.  He knows how to win!

judgeroyswine

Quote from: PBD on November 28, 2007, 11:49:03 pm
Don't get hung up on the buyout.  That can always be negotiated.

I hope that negotiation isn't handled by White.  We will pay them the full amount and then give them Old Main as a keepsake!
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: sowmonella on November 28, 2007, 11:56:57 pm

Don't know about the Aubbie boards, but the Amateur page in the Tavern is, uh,.....
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Nashville Fan

Pittman or Bust!

ThisLittlePiggie

I don't really think Tuberville would purposely NOT attend a scheduled meeting with his bosses at Auburn (today) if he wasn't sure he is coming to Arkansas. Unless he's sure he's going to Michigan or LSU. But he is hunting in Arkansas, right?

LuckyGiraffe

(IMO and opinion of an AUB booster) People who think that this is crap and that everything is 'hunky dory' in Auburn are mislead.  The big hang up with his contract negotiations was not years or money.  It was power.  TT still remembers the flight to Louisville and the powers behind it.

HotGrits

Quote from: HoopHog on November 28, 2007, 11:54:19 pm

THANK YOU SIR!
I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

jimmur74

Will TT hire Gus?

Gus Go to Bed and get ready for your Conference Championship. Geeze.

RickyRoma

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:58:27 pm
Don't know about the Aubbie boards, but the Amateur page in the Tavern is, uh,.....

Oh yeah!!!

Oliver

You said "popping up"

fred ziffel

Just got a call from another person that I trust not to spread rumors....you can go to bed now!
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

faulknerpig

Sounds like a first time poster..oh wait, this is my first post too...

woo pig!  Now Nutt is gone, I am a fan today!

Red Tusk

Question..If TT or whoever is hired this week..who will coach the bowl game?
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

chiefsfan

I dont even Trust the mods on this issue.   There is only one person i turst and thats Tubberville himself.  So unless he actually has a hogville account and we dont know it.   Then we wont know a thing till the coach puts on that hog hat, calls the hogs.  and stays in his office for at least a week, Thanks dana
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HoopHog

They seem to be ominously quiet about the missed schedled meeting that was suppose to happen today.  I think their is great worry inside the ole War Eagle Nightclub!!!

Arkiebrian

Quote from: HotGrits on November 28, 2007, 11:47:34 pm
Don't come in here with one post and claim these things of such great magnitude...I would love to have TT but I am thinking all of the names we have been seeing are nothing more than a smoke screen to cover-up Jeff Long's real agenda and to give each coach and Jimmy Sexton more money.
You haven't read through the posts...this thing has legs.