Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 06, 2024, 04:35:16 pm

TT

Started by HOGALEWYA, November 28, 2007, 11:25:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott E.

"Hi!  I'm Tommy.  WPS!"

Porkahontas

I'm hearing some big numbers on a LONG contract (in terms of years).

What are you fellers hearing?

hog_fan

i cannot believe you people think he is worth 6 million dollars to buyout plus another 2.5-3 to pay him. Close to 9 million dollars

HoopHog

Quote from: jkelly107 on November 28, 2007, 11:29:47 pm
Do u not have espn? They said TT signed a extension with AU

Actually it was reported that Tommy and Auburn are "CLOSE" to an extension agreement...nothing signed.  IN fact, TT is not even in Bama right now, folks.  TT is duck hunting in his HOME STATE.  He stood up Auburn and their previously scheduled press conference for today.  So, take that as you see it.

jimmur74

Quote from: WxHog on November 28, 2007, 11:43:34 pm
I don't know what you guys are talking about.   This is "mere fantasy".

Signed,

Jeff Long   ;D

Sounds like Nutts "Dream Job" speech huh ")

Red Tusk

Long must really want it to be a surprise because he stated that word of SEC west coaches being in the mix was a fantasy.  Who knows. Pray hard hogvillians. 
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

oldtimerhog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:36:13 pm
Am I the only one here NOT sold on TT yet?

No, TT would not be a good hire.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Nashville Fan

Long says TT is fantasy. Who wants to play Tattoo. Da Plane. Da Plane. TT is my man. I made up my mind after the AL v AU game. We need to get him some top notch Assistants. Tommy is hands off unlike Nutt(The coach who was FIRED)(the coach who was fired). Maybe since AU won't take care of his coaches at AU some will come here.

This is happening 10 years too late. IMO.
Pittman or Bust!

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: Cave City Joe on November 28, 2007, 11:41:50 pm
They gave Nutt(The coach who was FIRED) 3.5 and didn't even get to say your fired, they must have more money up there than I thought

Jerry Jones, The Waltons, The Tysons, The Dillards, The Hunts......

That's a ton of money.....there's more that would blow your mind but I'm not going to name them.

Razorhio

Is it time to start wondering who from his staff he'd bring with him?

Mister_BS

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:32:34 pm
Just curious...who was the ONE coach (outside of the state of Mississippi) that Nutt(The coach who was FIRED) could always beat?
9-7 at Razorback Stadium

BradyHolzhauer

My head is about to explode.

BigArkyintheRock

Quote from: hog_fan on November 28, 2007, 11:44:26 pm
i cannot believe you people think he is worth 6 million dollars to buyout plus another 2.5-3 to pay him. Close to 9 million dollars
chicken feed ;)
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Oliver

You got a better idea?

Scott E.

HawgAlude

Here is the news out of auburn land

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/

looks like all is quite on the home front. If he does come then I think Jimnmy Sexton must be the most obvious under handed devil that ever lived for this would have been worked out months before this went down. Somehow I think he will be involved with our new coach as much as he was involved with the Nutt....

Philip Seaton

Quote from: cashmoneyman_04 on November 28, 2007, 11:39:33 pm
phil seaton i know you...is this true

Nothing is ever 100 percent until someone walks up the podium and says he or she is the Hog coach....wait, let me Altman-proof that, until a week a later when they are still in their office. Everyone could be wrong, if some people are saying it is true than I am going to believe them.

jimmur74

Quote from: oldtimerhog on November 28, 2007, 11:44:54 pm
No, TT would not be a good hire.

Your Right he would be a Great Hire

reddcell

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:39:27 pm
Come on, now...that's three!!
What does Croom not count?
I'll bet HDN counts him!

HoopHog

Quote from: Red Tusk on November 28, 2007, 11:44:43 pm
Long must really want it to be a surprise because he stated that word of SEC west coaches being in the mix was a fantasy.  Who knows. Pray hard hogvillians. 

The one thing that is already clear about Long...he has TERRIBLE poker face.  Did you see that forced stare after he said this...then the glance away?  Get Jeff Long in a Texas Hold Em gaem...we will clean up with this guy.

fred ziffel

Uhhh...he is not duck hunting at the moment however, but he is in Arkansas
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

JIMMY BOARFFETT

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:29:33 pm
If true, what SEC west team does TT coach after UA?

He's going to collect the whole set!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Arkapigdiesel

Worth every cent.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hog_fan

Quote from: CabotHog on November 28, 2007, 11:45:49 pm
What coach is worth ANY of the millions they make?

It is the nature of the beast.

How many have a 6 million buyout?

HotGrits

Quote from: HOGALEWYA on November 28, 2007, 11:25:22 pm
Tommy has been bought out & will be named tomorrow.

Like it or not, You can take it to the bank!!!

Don't come in here with one post and claim these things of such great magnitude...I would love to have TT but I am thinking all of the names we have been seeing are nothing more than a smoke screen to cover-up Jeff Long's real agenda and to give each coach and Jimmy Sexton more money.
I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

Hog-I

Quote from: ToddW on November 28, 2007, 11:41:32 pm
Best rumor of the night.  I may just be a Tugger after all :)

Oh, admit it.  You were always a Tugger.

RickyRoma

razorbackkid

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: reddcell on November 28, 2007, 11:46:37 pm
What does Croom not count?
I'll bet HDN counts him!

He's within the boundaries of Mississippi!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

oldtimerhog

Quote from: jimmur74 on November 28, 2007, 11:46:33 pm
Your Right he would be a Great Hire

No way, you will be singing a different tune after he is hired.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

hog_fan

His record last 4 years is awesome but before that just average. Does he still have the fire in him?

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: HotGrits on November 28, 2007, 11:47:34 pm
Don't come in here with one post and claim these things of such great magnatude...I would love to have TT but I am think all of the names we have been seeing are nothing more than a smoke screen to cover-up Jeff Long's real agenda and to give each coach and Jimmy Sexton more money.
Grits, several mods, and LANNY said it has legs.
One post or not, it's not necessarily untrue yet...

budcampbellfan

I think TT would be a great fit for Arkansas.  He is successful in the SEC and knows us.  He proved at Auburn that he is not intimidated by powerful egos.  In fact he single-handedly outsmarted defeated them at Auburn.  He may need that skill at Arkansas with our GOB system.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

sowmonella

TT is 48-18 in the SEC since 2000. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: hog_fan on November 28, 2007, 11:47:33 pm
How many have a 6 million buyout?
Don't get hung up on the buyout.  That can always be negotiated.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

ToddW

Quote from: Hog-I on November 28, 2007, 11:47:36 pm
Oh, admit it.  You were always a Tugger.
I don't know which is funnier all the rumors or just the term Tugger!  Too funny!
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Hog-I

Quote from: HotGrits on November 28, 2007, 11:47:34 pm
Don't come in here with one post and claim these things of such great magnatude...I would love to have TT but I am think all of the names we have been seeing are nothing more than a smoke screen to cover-up Jeff Long's real agenda and to give each coach and Jimmy Sexton more money.

With all due respect, there have been a lot of admins and mods posting in this thread, and it is still in MMQB.  I was skeptical as well, but now not so much.  This might actually be for real.

BradyHolzhauer

I guess AU is negotiating with the 6 mil buyout to get it down if he wants out???
I don't know what to think.  Mods!!!

forttownpimp

He just got an extension from Auburn.  You people are stupid. 

HotGrits

I hope to hell he is hired...we could only be so luck to have an actual compentent coach
I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

hog_fan

TT overall win % is barely higher then nutt. Like .05%

firejunky

I got a text earlier this evening saying the same.
Quote from: HOGALEWYA on November 28, 2007, 11:25:22 pm
Tommy has been bought out & will be named tomorrow.

Like it or not, You can take it to the bank!!!
A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Tusks

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 28, 2007, 11:32:34 pm
Just curious...who was the ONE coach (outside of the state of Mississippi) that Nutt(The coach who was FIRED) could always beat?

Shula?
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Oklahawg

Whether TT is the over-the-top hire we want, or not, the national media will presume that he is. It will be immediately impressive to the talking heads.

Ought to be a nice unifying figure.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoopHog

AGREE BUD...

For those who didn't catch what Ziffel just posted...

I will restate my earlier post:

"Actually it was reported that Tommy and Auburn are "CLOSE" to an extension agreement...nothing signed.  IN fact, TT is not even in Bama right now, folks.  TT is 'duck hunting' in his HOME STATE.  He stood up Auburn and their previously scheduled press conference for today.  So, take that as you see it."

Take duck hunting for what it is worth.  The important factor...today's meeting got cancelled.

snoblind

Quote from: fred ziffel on November 28, 2007, 11:46:41 pm
Uhhh...he is not duck hunting at the moment however, but he is in Arkansas

If he is (duck Hunting), getting busted by the game warden isn't the best way to start your career at Arkansas.  Wait a minute, he might fit right in...

Hog-I

Quote from: forttownpimp on November 28, 2007, 11:49:52 pm
He just got an extension from Auburn.  You people are stupid. 

I hope you're not relying on that same article that's been recycled all day on most of the websites, including ESPN and Alabama news sites.

Rooka

Well it has been in the MMQB this long and all the mods seem to at least be backing the strong possibility, I think I will allow myself to get a little excited.  ;D

THHAWG

I guess just because its fantasy doesn't mean that fantasies can't come true?