Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas -vs- Virginia Commonwealth U. Game Thread

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, November 18, 2007, 04:22:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jrparrish

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2007, 05:02:11 pm
Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 04:59:25 pm
alot of the ranked teams by us lost this weekend...stanford....i forgot the others...bucknell is beating #23 nova...so hopefully we won't fall out like kentucky

Kentucky's showing the previous game against lil ole UCA made quite a few voters suspicious but when they were blowed out by Gardner Webb, at home, on National TV it only confirmed their doubts.

how good do you think OU is going to be??

Dugann

work in progress..but we'll be okay I think that loss was good for us IMO.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 05:03:20 pm

Can't tell at the moment because I don't know if Memphis is that good or Oklahoma had a off night.

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jrparrish

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2007, 05:12:32 pm
Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 05:03:20 pm

Can't tell at the moment because I don't know if Memphis is that good or Oklahoma had a off night.

or maybe if OU is that good or memphis had an off night?

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Dugann

VCU makes great 1/2 time adjustments 26% 1st half and 50% + 2nd

jrparrish

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Dugann

a LOT  of carry calls think it suxs if they push it like this all year.

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Dugann

jrparrish

Fort Swine

I like the hustle.  They are playing hard.  There is more desire to get down the floor.  Townes just punched it and made the rim rattle.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

razorbackfan4life

Dugann

yea he finally growin up and doing what he needs..he been most consistant i think

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

Ulysses_S_Grunt

Dugann

that what i'm talking about ..attack the basket more like that guys.

Fort Swine

With this style of play, the 2nd half will be money time.  Turning a game into a rat race will be the key to this team.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

The_Bionic_Pig

VCU will remind you guys of Arkansas in 2001-01'  "LIVE BY THE 3 DIE BY THE 3"   because they lack size inside.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

texhog

Dugann

they said that after that loss friday, instead of getting to go out and have fun and see area yesterday that pel had them pratice x2 and work on and off all day bball stuff...folks that is the diff in pel and heath.  we'll be okay just have get through the growin pains by end of year they will be a rock of a team imo.

jrparrish

i wish thomas was more involved...he seems like he doesn't feel comfortable at his position

Fort Swine

I think Barnes will have a positive effect on Pel.  He brings the knowledge about the SEC and Pel brings the drive to be a champion.  The years of almost getting over the hump are over.

razorbackfan4life

jrparrish

now if the cowboys would pick up the pace and get ahead of the redskins

texhog

This is where we need to have some Killer instinct.  We shouldn't be letting them hang around

Dugann

sooo wish we'd played Miami in the final:( lub beating ACC teams hehe

The_Bionic_Pig

Our Asst. Coach Rob Evans has one of the best defensive minds in college basketball.  I can recall those Ole Miss teams making elite teams look horrific due to their Man to Man intensity.  I pray that he isn't taken from us for atleast 2-3 more years.  Kentucky may come after Pel in the next 3yrs but by then our other Asst. coach should be able to step in....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jrparrish

texhog

razorbackfan4life

Weems is not a very good 3pt shooter

Needs to take it inside.

Dugann

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 18, 2007, 05:26:56 pm

Needs to take it inside.

These officials have such a quick whistle that it has made both teams shy about driving the lane.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

MDH

Maynor may be pass first shoot second, but he is the one that made the shot that sealed the Duke game.  Good PG.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

texhog

Here we go.  Why can't we put teams like this away? 

razorbackfan4life

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 18, 2007, 05:27:59 pm
Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 18, 2007, 05:26:56 pm

Needs to take it inside.

These officials have such a quick whistle that it has made both teams shy about driving the lane.

I know, but I just want him to take a dribble and pull up rather than just jackin up the three..

jrparrish

Quote from: Dugann on November 18, 2007, 05:27:16 pm
who thinks we beat KY this year?? I do.

if we don't commit more than 20 turnovers we do

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on November 18, 2007, 05:29:13 pm
I know, but I just want him to take a dribble and pull up rather than just jackin up the three..

I agree RF4life plus VCU is ripe for Alley Oops to Townsend, Weems, Washington, Hill because they are chasing our guards around the perimeter.....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

MDH

Quote from: jrparrish on November 18, 2007, 05:29:45 pm
Quote from: Dugann on November 18, 2007, 05:27:16 pm
who thinks we beat KY this year?? I do.

if we don't commit more than 20 turnovers we do

To early to tell really.  A win in Rupp would be sweet though.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

josh_sec33

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

MDH

razorkev

Is Nate Rakestraw red shirting???...Havent seen him in any games yet.
In God I Trust

razorbackfan4life

Pelphrey just yelled "DONT FOUL HIM!!! STOP IT!!"

Ulysses_S_Grunt