Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[merged] All posts about Tulsa coverage in Arkansas media go here

Started by Jones4040, April 23, 2007, 07:57:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moley_russells_wart_hog

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 24, 2007, 02:12:53 am
Quote from: homerjsimpson on April 23, 2007, 10:47:58 pm
I'm glad that you all in NWA are so worried about kfsm reporting on Tulsa football.

Either it will increase their viewership or it will diminish it. That will determine if they continue to report on it.

Either you're with us or you're against us!

Channel 5 always reminds me of Waffle House.  Their studio looks like it is stuck in the 1970's

mmmmmmmmmm pecan waffles

Jazorback

Gus grew up in Arkansas. His success or failures is what many viewers are interested in seeing.When Matt Jones left for the nfl there was a lot of Jacksonville Jags news in Arkansas.It wasn't because Arkansas was a big fan base of the Jags, Its because we want to be watch our people do great things.

Hogtide

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:26:52 am
Once again I ask.....Do you think it is good to cut time away from the Hog baseball team and give it to the Tulsa Spring game?

I'll answer it.  Absolutely not.   IMO it is ridiculous for a news station to cover another state's school over their own.  However, the Springdale croud loves them some Malzhan and Mike is appeasing that crowd. 

And for those that say change the channel if you don't like it.  Root for another team if you don't like what's going on in Fayetteville.   

Hogtide

It seems many people try to stir the pot with conspiracy theories.  
[/quote]

Yes and the majority of said conspiracies come from darksiders on this board.

Hogtide

Quote from: hogmafia on April 23, 2007, 10:46:11 pm
There is no comparison between Arkansas and Tulsa. Tulsa is a much better, well put together team with morals and leadership. along with a more balanced offense and a coach who wants his team to be a successes

Are you serious?  Arkansas second team would dominate Tulsa.  They could put 11 in the box and know what play were running and we'd still run it down their throats the whole game.  Do something else with your time because you have no business discussing football with anyone.

Hog_One_Stop

If Gus Malzahn had gone to Texas would Mike be down there??? 

porkNjeans

Quote from: Hog_One_Stop on April 24, 2007, 04:25:17 am
If Gus Malzahn had gone to Texas would Mike be down there??? 

If Dale went to Toledo, would Danny, Diana, Donna, Dearest Teresa, Dicky Ricky and Nate ( I don't throw stones) Allen be up there?

Jones4040

Tulsa stations should cover the Hogs. people in Tulsa care about the Hogs. Fayetteville stations shouldn't cover Tulsa because no one here cares. Do they cover Missouri State?

Did you all see Tulsa's stadium? It is a joke. Their head coach was roaming the stands asking fans to call the next play? It was little leauge. I don't care if Knute Rockne is their coach, they will never get the players to be worth anything.

Once upon a time Tulsa could hang with the big schools once in a blue moon, however college football has excelerated. Facilities, recruiting, money has all multiplied exponentially and Tulsa didn't change with the game. Today they have no shot. It is just a joke.

Scott E.

Funny, I thought JFB said Gus was getting a "promotion".

BCShogs

There is no comparison between Arkansas and Tulsa. Tulsa is a much better, well put together team with morals and leadership. along with a more balanced offense and a coach who wants his team to be a successes

Put down the crack pipe.........now.

DeltaBoy

Ya'll keep talking smack I'm gonna laugh my 6 off when Troy pulls it off on the NUTT this Fall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: RazorsEdge on April 23, 2007, 08:31:03 am
Jones4040, you have 61 posts on this board.  Most of your posts are about Mitch, Damian and Gus.  You have one post about the Razorback baseball team.  Why are you devoting your time to something negative when you could be posting about the Razorback baseball team.  It looks to me like the coverage is about right for you.
Do you smell something burning?  Jones?  Jones?

Stop, drop, and roll...

WADHOG

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 24, 2007, 07:58:38 am
Tulsa stations should cover the Hogs. people in Tulsa care about the Hogs. Fayetteville stations shouldn't cover Tulsa because no one here cares. Do they cover Missouri State?

Did you all see Tulsa's stadium? It is a joke. Their head coach was roaming the stands asking fans to call the next play? It was little leauge. I don't care if Knute Rockne is their coach, they will never get the players to be worth anything.

Once upon a time Tulsa could hang with the big schools once in a blue moon, however college football has excelerated. Facilities, recruiting, money has all multiplied exponentially and Tulsa didn't change with the game. Today they have no shot. It is just a joke.
Yeah Tulsa is a much better team, no doubt.  You are crazy.  I was for Malzahn being here MORE than anyone, but some of you need to get over your man crush on him.  HE IS NOT HERE NOW.  I hope to get him back someday, but some of you act ridiculous.  Jones, I agree 100 percent.

HogHeathen

Really??  I don't watch Irwin...Can't stand the sports casting for the golden year people....

HogHeathen

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on April 24, 2007, 08:06:34 am
Quote from: RazorsEdge on April 23, 2007, 08:31:03 am
Jones4040, you have 61 posts on this board.  Most of your posts are about Mitch, Damian and Gus.  You have one post about the Razorback baseball team.  Why are you devoting your time to something negative when you could be posting about the Razorback baseball team.  It looks to me like the coverage is about right for you.
Do you smell something burning?  Jones?  Jones?

Stop, drop, and roll...

and sir you have been registered for a total of about 7 months and you have how many posts????

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: HogtideI'll answer it.  Absolutely not.   IMO it is ridiculous for a news station to cover another state's school over their own.  However, the Springdale croud loves them some Malzhan and Mike is appeasing that crowd. 

And for those that say change the channel if you don't like it.  Root for another team if you don't like what's going on in Fayetteville.  

Wow.

You are brilliant!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HawgSolid

Quote from: Nashville Fan on April 23, 2007, 08:36:43 am
Let me see. You are complaining and point fingers at Mike for covering a story 100% created by HDN? Not sure I understand your post. To me it would make more sense to post something about HDN spliting the football interests in NWA.

Actually, I would be interested to know if more went to the Tulsa spring game then the AR spring game and the attendence at Tulsa spring game this year versus last year.

More ARKANSANS went to the TU spring game than the UA spring game.  MOre total people also went.

jry04

That is a pretty ignorant statement. You are saying Houston doesn't want to win? Typical comment. Then why does everyone make fun of him when he is so excited after a win running around? Why does everyone make fun of him when he is real upset after a loss? You may not agree with stuff he has done, but Nutt loves to win and that is obvious.

Tulsa is not a better team than Arkansas. Arkansas would beat Tulsa by a few touchdowns if not more.

scootman

Quote from: HawgSolid on April 24, 2007, 08:40:37 am
Quote from: Nashville Fan on April 23, 2007, 08:36:43 am
Let me see. You are complaining and point fingers at Mike for covering a story 100% created by HDN? Not sure I understand your post. To me it would make more sense to post something about HDN spliting the football interests in NWA.

Actually, I would be interested to know if more went to the Tulsa spring game then the AR spring game and the attendence at Tulsa spring game this year versus last year.

More ARKANSANS went to the TU spring game than the UA spring game.  MOre total people also went.

THAT speaks volumes...I don't care what the weather was like! not to mention that Alabama had 92,000 at their scrimmage. 92,000. Think about that number for a sec.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

seeya

Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on April 23, 2007, 08:12:53 am
Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:06:51 am
There are Hog fans in Tulsa, but I have never in my life met a Tulsa fan living over here.
There are a lot of Gus fans over here that want to see how the HUNH plays out in college.  If you dont want to watch, turn the channel. 

HUNH working in college? Are you serious. The defense will be on the field all game. It won't work

PigPusher

That 92,000 speaks loud and clear about the condition of our own program.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Silver Hog

They want to cover a real coaching staff and not this rabble we call our leaders.

jhudson84

If your serious than go over to their board.

Nashville Fan

April 24, 2007, 09:14:27 am #223 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 09:17:21 am by Nashville Fan
That is a pretty ignorant statement. You are saying Houston doesn't want to win? Typical comment. Then why does everyone make fun of him when he is so excited after a win running around?

Probably not as far off as you would first think. I would say that HDN sacrificed winning the last 3 games to carryout a personal vendetta. His choice since he is HC. But you have to live with the repercussion when they come to light.

You are also miss interperting why people make fun of HDN. He is made fun of not for getting excited about a win but for looking like he didn't expect to win. That is not a good look on a coach. If it is not for a NC, you don't run around like Jim V after beating Houston when an AL kicker has an off day.

Pittman or Bust!

inhognation

I don't care if Channel 5 wants to stir things up by showing Tulsa spring practice.  But Tulsa competing with Arkansas is like saying San Jose State can compete with USC.

PiggyBack

Quote from: Hogtide on April 24, 2007, 03:46:14 am

Are you serious?  Arkansas second team would dominate Tulsa.  They could put 11 in the box and know what play were running and we'd still run it down their throats the whole game.  Do something else with your time because you have no business discussing football with anyone.

Are YOU serious?  We had are starters in during the fourth quarter of the Utah State game to make sure we "pitched a shutout (it's special)."

I recall a few (myself included) saying Boise State would be OWNED by the Sooners.

Great coaching trumps everything.  Tulsa has it, we don't.  All bets would be off and I would say AR wins in a close one with the distinct possibility of losing.

I know you huggers hate facts, but we aren't THAT good.  How many quality wins did we have last year?  What was the overall record of our opponents that we beat?  How about the ones we lost to?

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: neahogfan22 on April 24, 2007, 08:02:10 am

Put down the crack pipe.........now.

I'd love to watch that game.  Herring's boys would be chanting, "High School.  High School."  Oh, and I doubt they'd call off the blitz just so Malzahn's morally superior kids running his infinitely superior offense could get a first down or two. 

What a joke.  Go read your 2005 Bulldog media guide again...

WADHOG

Quote from: PiggyBack on April 24, 2007, 09:36:12 am
Quote from: Hogtide on April 24, 2007, 03:46:14 am

Are YOU serious?  We had are starters in during the fourth quarter of the Utah State game to make sure we "pitched a shutout (it's special)."

I recall a few (myself included) saying Boise State would be OWNED by the Sooners.

Great coaching trumps everything.  Tulsa has it, we don't.  All bets would be off and I would say AR wins in a close one with the distinct possibility of losing.

I know you huggers hate facts, but we aren't THAT good.  How many quality wins did we have last year?  What was the overall record of our opponents that we beat?  How about the ones we lost to?

I can't believe you are making an argument for Tulsa.  We had starters in during the fourth quarter of the Utah State game, what's your point.  We won ten games in the SEC, what would Tulsa do on the road at Auburn or at home for that matter at Tennessee?  I definitely am no hugger of Houston Nutt, but I don't idolize Mitch Mustain or Gus Malzahn either.  One reason we had starters on the field in that Utah state game is because our offense looked like Ned and the First Reader, you heroes included.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on April 24, 2007, 02:12:53 am

Channel 5 always reminds me of Waffle House. 

You got a problem with Waffles?
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Scott E.

April 24, 2007, 10:53:10 am #229 Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:55:15 am by Polygraph
I like bananas on my waffles.   8)

hawkeyefan17

KFSM shouldn't be covering Tulsa football.

Richard_white

Quote from: seeya on April 24, 2007, 08:52:38 am
Quote from: GorillaJMonsoon on April 23, 2007, 08:12:53 am
Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:06:51 am
There are Hog fans in Tulsa, but I have never in my life met a Tulsa fan living over here.
There are a lot of Gus fans over here that want to see how the HUNH plays out in college.  If you dont want to watch, turn the channel. 

HUNH working in college? Are you serious. The defense will be on the field all game. It won't work

I can tell that you know a lot about the HUNH.