Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sporting News - Sec Coaches Top to Bottom

Started by jhudson84, April 13, 2007, 10:35:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tobs54

5. Houston Nutt, Arkansas. Look, this isn't as sweet a gig as Hogs fans like to think. Nutt knows this, but he won't dare say it. Instead, he suffers in silence, annually doing one of the best coaching jobs in the nation. Alas, with a new athletic director on the horizon, Nutt's days in Fayetteville may be numbered. Once he's gone, Hogs fans finally may realize exactly what they had: A great, great coach.

Wow.  Just wow!!

DeltaBoy

Already been posted Use Search next time!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

LordStanleysHog

Honestly, I'd have Stevie over Saban but whatever...

Tripod1

That guy is on crack or something.  Unbelievable.

PigWig

demonHOG1013

this was posted the other day, but whoever wrote that article is a moron, even if there were only 5 schools in the SEC including Arkansas Nutt still would be lower than 5th

TheNuttlessFrontier

QuoteLook, this isn't as sweet a gig as Hogs fans like to think.

This guy is clueless.  Our facilities are first-class, our fan base is great (when unified) and our boosters have some of the deepest pockets in America.  For the coach who is willing to come in, work hard and not waste his time and the university's money flirting with news anchors, this happens to be an outstanding opportunity.

Also, I love how he has 3 different coaches that possess winning records against Nutt all ranked behind Nutt.  What a moron!

jdhoover

"annually doing one of the best coaching jobs in the nation"

Like it not, this is what most people think.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

Houston h

Quote from: jdhoover on April 13, 2007, 11:16:53 am
"annually doing one of the best coaching jobs in the nation"

Like it not, this is what most people think.

Sad but true, thanks to the spin doctors within the athletic program!

Method Ham

OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

hogfan064

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on April 13, 2007, 10:42:04 am

Spurrier has many more SEC titles than Saban.  The guy said Spurrier has lost his luster.  Are you kidding me?  Spurrier has the most wins ever by a 2 year coach at South Carolina and according to ESPN he had the #4 recruiting class in the nation this year.   

This guy makes fun of Arkansas not being the job some fans make it, well what does he think the South Carolina job is?

You all wanted more "national media" to take a look at the goings on at the Hill. But you don't like it when the compliment Nutt and that makes them "morons" and "clueless." So you don't really want more national media to comment, you only want them to criticize Nutt.

hogfan064

Quote from: Karma on April 13, 2007, 11:25:47 am
You all wanted more "national media" to take a look at the goings on at the Hill. But you don't like it when the compliment Nutt and that makes them "morons" and "clueless." So you don't really want more national media to comment, you only want them to criticize Nutt.

I don't think Nutt is the worst coach in the SEC, but how can he be ahead of Fulmer and Richt?   That makes no sense.  My list would look like this

1. Spurrier
2. Tubberville
3. Myer
4. Saban
5. Richt
6. Fulmer
7. Nutt
8. Johnson
9. Miles
10. Brooks
11. Croom
12. Orgeron

UMGOBLUE

sporting news is so stupid!!!!!!!!! Richt should easily be in that top 3. Dude has made a great establisment at Georgia and the rest of the country !!!! HECK I'D TAKE HIM OVER LLOYD CARR
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

jbcarol

Quote from: opineonswine on April 13, 2007, 10:37:05 am
Houston Nutt is the worst thing to happen to Ark athletics ever, in my opinion.  He is a hollow, white shoe promoter who is no more a good football coach than a monkey.  He has done just enough, at the right times, to save his sorry butt.  I will not rest, nor will I relent, until the day the sorry excuse for a Razorback coach hits the state line on his way somewhere else.

Anyone who gives him any credit or benefit of the doubt is reaching beyond where I am able or willing to reach.  I think I speak for thousands of Razorback fans and a few Trustees.  His departure can not come soon enough to suit me.  (I do not advocate running him off at this point in the year, however.  Would not be best for the program though it would do wonders for my mental health.  But waiting a day past the last game of the upcoming season is waiting a day too long.)

There is a consistency, tenacity, and veracity in your message track that should be heeded and must not be ignored.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogblog

Read the comments and you will quickly find out how the rest of the SEC views dale.  ??? Far lower on the list than the author...............

Oliver

There is no way, no way that you could argue that HDN is better coach than Mark Richt.  The article loses all credibility even before you read what they say about Houston Nutt. 

jbcarol

Quote from: Hogblog on April 13, 2007, 11:42:35 am
Read the comments and you will quickly find out how the rest of the SEC views dale.  ??? Far lower on the list than the author...............

Folks at other schools (the "Keep Shula" movement) know a good thing when they see one as well.  TSN writer could have ties to another SEC-W school.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 13, 2007, 11:43:19 am
There is no way, no way that you could argue that HDN is better coach than Mark Richt.  The article loses all credibility even before you read what they say about Houston Nutt. 

I agree
I would take Richt, Fulmer, & Les Miles over HDN.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Phatasshog

Karma,

Good point, i could not agree with you more
+1

Big_D

Like the old saying goes," walk a mile in my shoes";  you gotta walk a mile in our shoes to know the hell we go thru with this used  car salesman.

mword

Tom Dienhart must not really keep track of Nutt, because he's definitely not a Top 10 coach in the SEC.

Phatasshog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 13, 2007, 11:24:09 am
Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 10:35:00 am
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=195996

This guy is a "hugger". Fulmer below our own HDN? HDN couldn't carry his jockstrap.

Fulmer is an idiot, and not a great coach.  I would not say HDN is better, but Fulmer is not a good coach

aman

If he truely believes nutt is a great great coach, why did he rate him 5th,unless great great reallly equals mediocre.

BigDeal

Great find. This ranking is unbiased and I would probably agree with it. Think about this; if you all are successful in running off the SEC COY and only ranks behind (Saban,Spurrier,Meyer, & Tuberville)  in the toughest conference; who in the WORLD would we get to replace him ?

My suggestion would be to search yourself deep within and take advice from those that are outside the family circle. These are the people that can see the picture more clearly sometimes.

hogfan064

Quote from: aman on April 13, 2007, 11:55:09 am
If he truely believes nutt is a great great coach, why did he rate him 5th,unless great great reallly equals mediocre.

In the SEC 5th is great.   Its a league of great coaches.  That's a fact.   

jbcarol

Quote from: aman on April 13, 2007, 11:55:09 am

Great point!  Even if Tony the Tiger thought you were Grrrrreeeaattt, you would only come in 7th to 10th on that scale.  I think the blogger had a hidden agenda.

hogfan064

Quote from: schweine on April 13, 2007, 11:54:22 am
Tom Dienhart must not really keep track of Nutt, because he's definitely not a Top 10 coach in the SEC.

You would honestly put Orgeron and Croom over Nutt?   Why?  Have either won SEC COY?  Have either beaten Nutt?  Have either finished in the top 25?    What is it about either of those 2 guys that makes you think they are better than Nutt?

biggiepiggie

Nutt ranked above Phil Fulmer, Les Miles and Mark Richt?  What
kind of stuff is this guy drinking?

bucknasty

Apparently NC St, ALA, and MIA didn't see it this way.

Oliver

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on April 13, 2007, 11:47:32 am
Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 13, 2007, 11:43:19 am

I agree

As would I.

jhudson84

[/quote]

I agree
[/quote]

I would take Vandy's and Kentucky's coach over HDN as well.

VenturaHog

Quote from: BigDeal on April 13, 2007, 11:55:54 am

Great find. This ranking is unbiased and I would probably agree with it. Think about this; if you all are successful in running off the SEC COY and only ranks behind (Saban,Spurrier,Meyer, & Tuberville)  in the toughest conference; who in the WORLD would we get to replace him ?

My suggestion would be to search yourself deep within and take advice from those that are outside the family circle. These are the people that can see the picture more clearly sometimes.

you sound like some kind of creepy scientologist

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Adam Stokes

April 13, 2007, 12:07:20 pm #36 Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:09:06 pm by ajs15razorman
  How in the world could they put Nutt above of Mark Richt?  Richt's (IMO) the best coach in the SEC.

jbcarol

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 12:03:27 pm

I agree
[/quote]

I would take Vandy's and Kentucky's coach over HDN as well.
[/quote]

Johnson and Brooks are doing a lot more with a lot less.

joedirt

lrhogfan24

Quote from: LordStanleysHog on April 13, 2007, 10:42:04 am

Well who wouldn't, he ranked them a few spots over Nutt.

UMGOBLUE

i will say this.. spurrier is a little OVERRATED.....i looked it up and he never beat FLA. ST in TALLAHASSEE...WHAT A CHUMP
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Phatasshog on April 13, 2007, 11:54:32 am
Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on April 13, 2007, 11:24:09 am

This guy is a "hugger". Fulmer below our own HDN? HDN couldn't carry his jockstrap.

Fulmer is an idiot, and not a great coach.  I would not say HDN is better, but Fulmer is not a good coach

If you think Fulmer is not a good coach(and you are entitled to your opinion, as I am as well) and you think HDN is a better HC, then you must be part of the current coaching staff.
Go Hogs Go!

pigmania

How can it be that the SEC COY would be #5 on the list of top SEC coaches?

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: Karma on April 13, 2007, 11:25:47 am
Karma..Serious question...he may have some fooled, mostly people who have never steped foot in Arkansas! Recruits say all the time how nice it is on the hill..

My question is this..Why does no one else want the man? Why is he calling the likes of NC State to try and get and interview? Why did LSU fans go crazy when the man was begging for the LSU job?

Shoatly

Karma..Serious question...he may have some fooled, mostly people who have never steped foot in Arkansas! Recruits say all the time how nice it is on the hill..

My question is this..Why does no one else want the man? Why is he calling the likes of NC State to try and get and interview? Why did LSU fans go crazy when the man was begging for the LSU job?
[/quote]

The Bama fans almost went nuts when he was rumored to be heading there, too.  Nobody wants this sham of a coach.  The author seems to miss the fact that there was a long, long honeymoon period for the Nuttster here.  He has overstayed his welcome.   

OKhogfan1959

Fans with any knowledge of the man don't want him. Sure you have those who are loyal to him no matter what he does. Huggers will support the man as he destroys the program..I don't think the huggers are actually Hogfans..I really don't..Bam fans would have burned down the state if they even looked at Nutt..

holtzhog

I will take some of that sh** they are smoking. Nutt #5 is embrassing

KevinVaco

Where do you think nutt ranks among Arkansas footbaLL coaches?

Many will say Broyles via NC as #1, but I dont think Broyles would win more than .500 in the sec.

My ranking:
1) Holtz (won everywhere including a NC except nfl)
2) Nutt
3) Broyles
4) KH

OKhogfan1959