Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tigers vs. Hogs - I wish we could play!

Started by BOSSMAN, April 09, 2007, 05:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BOSSMAN

I don't think you would.

This years team will be the best team Memphis has ever had and that is saying something.

Again the conference is not something we can control.

Hollywood_HOGan

hogfan064

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 07:51:29 pm
I think Cal drop Ark. because you are not relevant anymore.

Hey that is just what he said. Sorry

How many NCs does Cal and Memphis have?  Memphis is just another Southern Miss in the sports world.  Sorry, but its true. 

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 08:30:44 pm
I don't think you would.

This years team will be the best team Memphis has ever had and that is saying something.

There is no way that's their best team.

Anfernee Hardaway and David Vaughn would have their way with that group.

BOSSMAN

You know that was 14 years ago right?

Don't live in the past embrace the present.

Rooka

Points to why it is better to be a Razorback fan than a Tiger Fan
POINT #1- Your conference sucks.
POINT#2- Your team is really overrated every year.
POINT #3- I wish the tigers would face the hogs...in FOOTBALL, TRACK, and BASEBALL.
POINT #4- Darren McFadden
POINT #5- Tigers??? How original of a mascot is that.
POINT #6- Woooooooooo PIG SOOIE!!!, what does memphis have.......nothing.
POINT #7- Memphis has got to be one of the worst places to live and represent.  I guess if memphis is going to find glory in something it is basketball.
POINT #8-[youtube=425,350]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrZG_qgqrco[/youtube]
POINT #9- Did I mention FOOTBALL and BASEBALL
POINT #10- Hogville...The whole reason you are here, don't have any other good memphis board to post on

COME ON HOGVILLE!!! ADD TO THE LIST!!!

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HawgAlude

I will add one... You were the number 1 and 2 seeds for the previous two ncaats. The last time we were the number 1 and 2 seeds we won the national championship in 1994 and the runner up in 1995. You are weak cause of the conference you belong in... wait I have a conference for you all to join...

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/

they are always looking for talented teams like yourself and coach Cal. Every year you play there you can believe you will be in the ncaat....

BOSSMAN

OK here we go

#1 - There is nothing we can do about our conference except win all the games (which we do)

#2 - Overrated is a joke - we are 66-7 over the past 2 years and 2 Elite 8's (BAD POINT)

#3 - Cal says he does not want to play you because the Hogs are not national enough. You guys did not want to play us in football anymore. I guess because we kicked you butt 3 straight years.

#4 - Who?

#5 - Your mascot is a pig???? (Another BAD POINT)

#6 - (Another REALLY BAD POINT)

#7 - I love Memphis. Why do you guys talk about our city? I have lived here for 35 years and had zero problems. I would not live anywhere else. ( That is a very sad point on your part)

#8 - Again living in the past (SAD)

#9 - You have a very Respected Head football Coach - Mr. Nutt

#10 - The reason I am here is because you guys said Cal to Ark was a done deal (LMAO)

hulk hog

I am sure you are a nice guy BOSSMAN. But I grew up near Memphis lived over that way for 25 years...watched them when I was a kid..Keith Lee, Andre Turner, Anfernee Hardaway, William Bedford, Sylvester Gray.  Memphis' fan support has never been that good....Tiger fans only support the program when it is highly successful.  Memphis is a second rate sports city, always has been. I mean has Memphis ever won anything?  Maybe the Rougues that one year......
You wont get in the SEC cause your football team can't beat ASU.

In '05-'06 Arkansas was # 6 in basketball revenue on the downswing.  We have still been the Final Four more times than you in the last 15 years. Honestly Calapari is a big name but what has he won? How many Final Fours? One....in 15 years.  He has never coached in a top conference ever. Did anyone in Conference USA make the NIT? Teams in weak conferences never Win titles.....unless you are UNLV and your payroll is higher than the Grizzlies.  So enjoy your short term success cause Calipari will leave....soon....and Memphis will go back to drawing 3000 and splitting with Houston and SMU. Now go back to your board with the other 3 Tiger fans.
paid for by the NHO... the NewHogOrder.....

BOSSMAN

That is a very bad argument. We have been to 2 Final Fours and Cal did not do that.

We have always been great in basketball and always will be.

We have been in the top 15 in attendace for the past 20 years.

You need to come up with another act besides our conference. We got a #1 and #2 seed because of our conference.

You said a lot when you said you guys are on a downturn. You guys are on a slippery slope that has no traction. Good luck

HawgAlude

Ok wow win the national championship next year then come on here and talk smack. BOSSMAN you talk like you are the greatest basketball team in the south. You lost by 16 points to Ohio State. How does that feel?

I mean John Calipari was DAMAGED goods was FIRED from the NETS. He deserves his turn around. He thinks he can win a national championship with you all (which he is wrong) that is why he did not bolt at our job. Good Luck with that and maybe we will play you all next year in the tournament cause that is the only way an Arkansas vs Memphis game will occur....

Rooka

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 09:05:51 pm
OK here we go

#1 - There is nothing we can do about our conference except win all the games (which we do)

#2 - Overrated is a joke - we are 66-7 over the past 2 years and 2 Elite 8's (BAD POINT)

#3 - Cal says he does not want to play you because the Hogs are not national enough. You guys did not want to play us in football anymore. I guess because we kicked you butt 3 straight years.

#4 - Who?

#5 - Your mascot is a pig???? (Another BAD POINT)

#6 - (Another REALLY BAD POINT)

#7 - I love Memphis. Why do you guys talk about our city? I have lived here for 35 years and had zero problems. I would not live anywhere else. ( That is a very sad point on your part)

#8 - Again living in the past (SAD)

#9 - You have a very Respected Head football Coach - Mr. Nutt

#10 - The reason I am here is because you guys said Cal to Ark was a done deal (LMAO)

counter points
#1 Even if you cant do anything about your conference that is the reason you guys will NEVER win a national championship anytime soon.
#2 YES YOU ARE OVERRATED.  If you are in the Top 4 all the time dont you think that you should get the final four.
#3 Our football team would mudhole stomp the tigers to a bloody plop.  Basketball you might have us for now, but not for long. Baseball, don't even have to explain.
#4 Darren McFadden. HEISMAN RUNNER UP THAT IS WHO.
#5 Look at the pictures of Tony the Tiger dunking the basketball and tell me that the tiger doesn't look like some character from disney show.
#6 Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PIG SOOIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#7 Hope that that lasts for you because everyone I know that lives there has problems constantly.
#8 AGAIN...At least we have a past to look back on and enjoy, Lets see how many national championships do you have again?? PLUS We have won the SEC WEST Championship and went to the SEC championship game in football and the Capital One bowl. What did you guys do oh that is right only lose to ASU and watch the bowl games from home AGAIN.
#9 Nutt may be bad, and I dont like his coaching but still at least we have a football team. I can't even name one player or coach from any sport besides basketball.
#10-no LMAO, that someone would stay this long after that RUMOR.  Good try, we all know why you are on hogville.  I was going to come to the memphis board and give you guys havoc like you do us, but then I thought how mature of me would that be going another board just to say how much better my team is better than yours. So I will not stoop to your level.

Porkestrator

Quote from: HAM ELLIOT on April 09, 2007, 05:53:56 pm
Lossman, go home.  Please.  When you win a championship in basketball, track, tennis, football, swimming, pocket pool, or anything, then come back and tell us about it.  In the mean time, just stfu.  You have nothing to brag about yet.  Your conference makes your record look better than it is.  Get over it.  You could put Alcorn State in your conference and they would look like basketball gods. 

Enjoy Cal while you got him.  I give it three years and he is gone.  I bet then you will be no where around!

Bosswoman can't have anything to say about championships, but she certainly can't be accused of a lack of effort on the pocket pool tournament.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

I've got a good point to make... Boss, keep sending those pics with the hot chick in the gear.  Clothes keep coming off!!!

2 things Bossman:

1) Calipari will leave at the first chance he thinks its in his best interest, and
2) You can win back to back NC's, but you still live in Memphis.

golfjam

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 09:14:12 pm

if you believe that then i was giving you more credit that i should have.....you probably think the Watson's Skank is HOT......
golf
It's Evolution Baby!

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 09:14:12 pm
That is a very bad argument. We have been to 2 Final Fours and Cal did not do that.

We have been in the top 15 in attendace for the past 20 years.

You need to come up with another act besides our conference. We got a #1 and #2 seed because of our conference.

You said a lot when you said you guys are on a downturn. You guys are on a slippery slope that has no traction. Good luck

Memphis has the most delusional bunch of stiffs that can't seem to stick to their own petty little message board. Can they not afford one?

I mean we know they can't afford their own football field, basketball facilities, etc.

2 decent years of which you couldn't get past the elite 8 and suddenly you are one of the top programs. Please resume your meds. Refresh to me what happened the previous 13 years?

You guys wouldn't know a top program if it bit your @zz. Which they have often in the tournament.

Enjoy your cream puff schedule and then always fizzling in the tournament.

By the way, you still haven't given your excuse for 0 Championships in ANY SPORT.

How much money does your basketball team make? Not even in the top 20.

slopinhogs

stay out of west memphis where all the chicks are you might not be able to make the drive home.

of course thoise are ark girls though.

cal is all talk and doesn't want to play in the big leagues it's hareder to be sucessful there. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 06:02:46 pm
Like Texas A&M right?

It sure will not be Ark.

ROFL Texas A&M a basketball powerhouse, huh? Reading that post explains your age.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Porkestrator

April 09, 2007, 09:52:58 pm #71 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:54:32 pm by jxhopper
Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 08:30:44 pm
I don't think you would.

Ooh yeah, sounds amazingly like the overhyped, cupcake induced 1995 Memphis State team that got broomed by 12 seed Drexel in the first round.

By the way, gongrats on the pre-season #3 ranking you were boasting about (snicker) .

Can we touch your trophy?

Oh snap.

Hollywood_HOGan

BOSSMAN

Man that was great site.

Come on they have Utah and Princeton on that list.

Get real!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 09:55:27 pm
Man that was great site.

Get real!

Dont know about Princeton but Utah has been to the final four recently and went to the championship game.

Something Mempho has not done.

BOSSMAN

I think we finished #6 this year

We won 33 games and went to the Elite 8

Who here wants to bet me which team will have a better record next season?

$100 - come on who is man enough?

Also last time we came to BW we won!

Last year when you guys had the CHANCE to play us in the NCAA your team tanked the game. I guess they were scared!

Porkestrator

Quote from: gguillo on April 09, 2007, 09:49:00 pm
http://daresler.net/info/top/basketball-programs/

Memphis State, not even the top team in Cupcake USA. That means you're not even the top rated cupcake.

But...... YOU ARE A POWERHOUSE  (in your own mind)

Hey, I'm surprised they ranked you at 61 with 0 championships. Run along with your scared coach. He wants no part of a real conference (chickened out on the Kentucky job).

Have a nice day:)

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 09:58:31 pm

Last year when you guys had the CHANCE to play us in the NCAA your team tanked the game. I guess they were scared!

Methinks you should stop thinking. Every time you think, somewhere in the world a kitten dies.

Hollywood_HOGan

I would bet on Mempho to win more games, you know why????

You play in a weak ass conference!

Wow you guys won the last time you were in BWA?? Holy crap what an accomplishment!
Can you tell me who won the previous 5 in that series?

Can you tell me the last time Mempho was in the final four or won the national championship?

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 09:55:27 pm
Man that was great site.

Get real!

Yup two teams that are both better than Memphis State, you hate the reality of it all.

Porkestrator

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on April 09, 2007, 10:01:21 pm

I would bet on Mempho to win more games, you know why????

You play in a weak ass conference!

Wow you guys won the last time you were in BWA?? Holy crap what an accomplishment!
Can you tell me who won the previous 5 in that series?

Can you tell me the last time Mempho was in the final four or won the national championship?

OOhh,  pick me...pick me....I KNOW:

0 titles not only in basketball but in any sport in the history of all college sports. Poor little pusies.

cubbie

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 06:29:38 pm
I thought the girls in Ark we ugly but man!

I saw her down on Beal one night. Only 10 bucks. But you know its Memphis and i got mugged.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

UAfan

Guys get off his back.  The only reason he's here is because of the envy he has for the Arkansas athletic program.  Put yourselves in his position.  How bad would it suck to only be good in one sport and fail to win the big one in that sport.  That is downright depressing.

1- UA National Champs in Bball 1994

2- Baseball top 10.  Numerous Super Regionals and a couple of CWS appearences.

3- Nutt sucks.  But UA football is flat out good.  DMAC is all you gotta say.

4- Fayetteville is smaller but much prettier and a helluva a lot safer.

5- Track.  LMAO.  what is it like 42+ Ntl. Championships.

5- SEC.  Enough said.

6- Passionate fans in every sport.

BossMan I really feel sorry for you.  I'll give you props your bball team is good, but to only have one sport to look forward to has gotta be depressing.  Isn't it?

HawgAlude

Yeah I quess if we played powerhouses such as tulane, east carolina, houston, marshall, SMU, southern miss, tulsa, UAB, UCF, and UTEP. We could win 33 games a season too. I am really pumped about this guy (JP) he has been there and done that within the SEC. His players will respect him and he will get results next season.....

Porkestrator

Quote from: HawgAlude on April 09, 2007, 10:05:28 pm
Yeah I quess if we played powerhouses such as tulane, east carolina, houston, marshall, SMU, southern miss, tulsa, UAB, UCF, and UTEP. We could win 33 games a season too. I am really pumped about this guy (JP) he has been there and done that within the SEC. His players will respect him and he will get results next season.....

Tulsa has better basketball tradition than Memphis State. Look it up.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

seriously though... you have got to give it up for C-USA representing in the NCAA tournament this year.  There was Memphis.... and.... and.... (there's got to be one more... somewhere in this bracket... let me see.  Oh Wait I see One!!!... Butler?  No no that's not right... is it Winthrop?  No no no... is it Albany?  Are they in C-USA?  Does anyone even know who is in C-USA?  Does anyone even care?  Well, certainly UCF got in with a 22-9 record this year and posting 11-5 in conference play?  NOPE!  Snubbed again!  Better luck next year C-USA.  I swear next year C-USA we will feel sorry for you and possibly put a Tulsa, Tulane, UAB, or Southern Miss (cough...Second Rate Schools... cough) in there to boost conference moral.

NuttSucks

Memphis is such a nice town and all you guys have so much to be proud of in the Ghetto!

HotGrits

It would be quite embarassing to be from Memphis.....especially with the athletics program as unsucessful as it is. I  know we may be a little dysfunctional but we are not unsucessful. So in closing I look forward to the opportunity to spank your ass in any sport, any time!  GO HOGS & GO JP!!!!!!!!!!! :razorback:
I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

BOSSMAN

I am not embarrassed to be from Memphis. I love it here. But you see I am a man and I can take anything

I like memphis kinda like Dana liked Ark. Oh..........Sorry.

I see that you guys only talk about what you did, what you conference does, or what you want to do. The fact is the time for the Hogs is over.

The Tigers are the new team for the mid-south. Army used to be a power-house in football. Kinda like Ark. in basketball.

You guys did it to yourself. As coach Cal says we don't play Ark. because they are not national

HawgAlude

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 10:51:20 pm
I am not embarrassed to be from Memphis. I love it here. But you see I am a man and I can take anything

I see that you guys only talk about what you did, what you conference does, or what you want to do. The fact is the time for the Hogs is over.

The Tigers are the new team for the mid-south. Army used to be a power-house in football. Kinda like Ark. in basketball.

You guys did it to yourself. As coach Cal says we don't play Ark. because they are not national

Who cares what coach cal thinks about arkansas.... he did nothing but play us up all for what 3 weeks during our coaching search.
As far as you being the new mid south basketball powerhouse. Arkansas could go 2-20 next season in basketball and we would still have higher attendence at our home games. If you feel like you are such a powerhouse then call up three 6 mafia and have them pen you a new fight song. Hell they won a grammy... The only things GOOD in memphis are May and BBQ....

BigDeal

All of this trashing the city of Memphis is getting old and worn out. My suggestion would be to call an immediate cease fire between the Arkansas & Memphis fans. There is enough room in the mid-south for two great programs.

rockbama

Being an Alabama fan and a UAB student, Memphis isnt high on my list.

Maybe mem-piss will beat UAB in football soon. Only been.......never ahahahahaha.

That is all.....

Kenny Dowell Loggains

SWEET VELVET PAINTING OF A TIGER!!!  THAT'S ALMOST AS ORIGINAL AS A VELVET PAINTING OF ELVIS (which I am sure is a dime a dozen in Memphis)

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 10:51:20 pm

BOSSMAN, you dont talk about what you have done, BECAUSE YOU HAVENT DONE ANYTHING YET!

BOSSMAN

I have always really liked Ark. See around here we have to listen to Ole Miss fans talk about what they have never done.

Some Ark fans that put down Memphis really must have never really been here.

BTW it is Three 6 mafia and they won an academy award! They are doing a song for us and I heard a little of it. IT ROCKS!!!!

BOSSMAN

What have we done the last 2 years?

66-7

2 elite 8's

How about you in the last 2 years?

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Huge fan of Deangelo Williams... nice pic with the post.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 11:11:02 pm
I have always really liked Ark. See around here we have to listen to Ole Miss fans talk about what they have never done.

BTW it is Three 6 mafia and they won an academy award! They are doing a song for us and I heard a little of it. IT ROCKS!!!!

three six mafia!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!! WOW!!!!

We'll trade you a national title and 6 final fours for a three six mafia song about the razorbacks.

HawgAlude

April 09, 2007, 11:17:04 pm #99 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:19:11 pm by HawgAlude
Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 11:11:02 pm

Wow then I was right on the money. I go through Memphis going to Robinsville along with lots of Arkies including John Daly. Your board is hostile towards our program. Do not know if it is envy of what we have accomplished or what. Since platinum got busted is there really anything in Memphis worth while? The pyramid and concerts I quess, but nothing other than that. Memphis used to be a bigger Little Rock. However, your mayor has about bankrupted the city by bringing a NBA team in and has done nothing to clean up the downtown. The mid 90s Little Rock was hard core inner city. Now you would not even recognize it. Little Rock should be the model by which all other cities should use to clean up their downtowns and make them meccas of culture for the city....