Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Billy Packer,, goofs again..

Started by dmac_iz_kin, April 04, 2007, 10:57:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisLittlePiggie

What a big fruit that Billy Packer is. ;)

Remember that one?

Semper Hogelis

Pronunciation: 'fag
transitive verb : to tire by strenuous activity : EXHAUST <fagged by the strenuous climb>

I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Teebow62

I don't care what fag out means or once meant, I can't stand listening to Packer. He's awful. I'd rather listen to the boring Booker dude on SEC games than to Packer. He's about as pompas as they come and he is wrong 90 percent of the time when he argues with his partner over something. He must be going blind.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: jbcarol on April 05, 2007, 05:07:13 pm
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 05, 2007, 10:11:56 am
I guess I should quit saying "Throw another faggot on the fire."

"Faggot" is also German for "bassoon", where it may also be spelled "fagot."  It is a wooden instrument made in the shape of a large twig, or "faggot." (Sounds like a belching bedpost!)

"Gay" once meant "happy"...people even used to name their kids Gay--both male and female.

Other words of changing vernacular:

"Dork" is now a goofball, or a goober, where it was once a male appendage...

"Goober is now a dork, or a male appendage, where it was once a peanut...

"Cock," was short for cockerel, a male chicken, also known as a "Rooster"...

"Bitch," a female dog, used in breeding stock...

Of course, there's the famous nursery rhyme character, "Puss in Boots"...sounds like the feature act on center stage today (from what I've heard!).

So our HC not knowing the context of what was quoted in a book may have really misunderstood our former QB.

...it just messes you up!  ;D
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jbcarol

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 05, 2007, 07:05:55 pm
Quote from: jbcarol on April 05, 2007, 05:07:13 pm
Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on April 05, 2007, 10:11:56 am
I guess I should quit saying "Throw another faggot on the fire."

"Faggot" is also German for "bassoon", where it may also be spelled "fagot."  It is a wooden instrument made in the shape of a large twig, or "faggot." (Sounds like a belching bedpost!)

"Gay" once meant "happy"...people even used to name their kids Gay--both male and female.

Other words of changing vernacular:

"Dork" is now a goofball, or a goober, where it was once a male appendage...

"Goober is now a dork, or a male appendage, where it was once a peanut...

"Cock," was short for cockerel, a male chicken, also known as a "Rooster"...

"Bitch," a female dog, used in breeding stock...

Of course, there's the famous nursery rhyme character, "Puss in Boots"...sounds like the feature act on center stage today (from what I've heard!).

So our HC not knowing the context of what was quoted in a book may have really misunderstood our former QB.

...it just messes you up!  ;D

:) 
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

PigSue-E

Quote from: HogBaptist on April 05, 2007, 08:18:41 am
Quote from: mikeirwin on April 04, 2007, 11:41:02 pm
He's right. That's an old phrase from the 60's. It means to run out of steam.
It has nothing to do with being gay.

i don't buy this.  i don't care what it "did" mean.  it only matters what it means now.  i'm only 25 years old and when i read it, i think it means to become gay or to start acting gay.

Dream on Meathead.  If you think that meant fag as in gay or queer, you need your head checked and maybe some thicker skin.  It doesn't matter what it means to you or me either.

PeytonManningSUCKS

George Carlin's seven dirty words, a classic...

"I love words. I thank you for hearing my words. I want to tell you something about words that I uh, I think is important. I love..as I say, they're my work, they're my play, they're my passion. Words are all we have really.

We have thoughts, but thoughts are fluid. You know, [humming]. And, then we assign a word to a thought, [clicks tongue]. And we're stuck with that word for that thought. So be careful with words. I like to think, yeah, the same words that hurt can heal. It's a matter of how you pick them.

There are some people that aren't into all the words. There are some people who would have you not use certain words. Yeah, there are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven of them that you can't say on television. What a ratio that is. 399,993 to seven. They must really be bad. They'd have to be outrageous, to be separated from a group that large. All of you over here, you seven. Bad words. That's what they told us they were, remember? 'That's a bad word.' 'Awwww.' There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad Intentions.

And words, you know the seven don't you?..."

If you don't follow this link:
http://www.erenkrantz.com/Humor/SevenDirtyWords.shtml

jbcarol

Quote from: PeytonManningSUCKS on April 06, 2007, 08:48:19 am

"I love words. I thank you for hearing my words. I want to tell you something about words that I uh, I think is important. I love..as I say, they're my work, they're my play, they're my passion. Words are all we have really.

We have thoughts, but thoughts are fluid. You know, [humming]. And, then we assign a word to a thought, [clicks tongue]. And we're stuck with that word for that thought. So be careful with words. I like to think, yeah, the same words that hurt can heal. It's a matter of how you pick them.

There are some people that aren't into all the words. There are some people who would have you not use certain words. Yeah, there are 400,000 words in the English language, and there are seven of them that you can't say on television. What a ratio that is. 399,993 to seven. They must really be bad. They'd have to be outrageous, to be separated from a group that large. All of you over here, you seven. Bad words. That's what they told us they were, remember? 'That's a bad word.' 'Awwww.' There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad Intentions.

Regardless of Carlin who tried to comeback as the Engineer of Thomas the Tank Engine ...  (we had little kids once.)

"There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad Intentions."

No bad intentions ...   A post-modernist back in the Modern Era.

Kind of got blown away by 9/11 for awhile, the post-modernists.  (There is no evil.  There is no wrong act.  Really?)

Trying to make a comeback.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hathcoat

I thought packer fagged out years ago.

jbcarol

Quote from: hathcoat on April 06, 2007, 10:24:12 am
I thought packer fagged out years ago.

He is tan but tired, very tired.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: jbcarol on April 06, 2007, 10:20:36 am
Quote from: PeytonManningSUCKS on April 06, 2007, 08:48:19 am

Regardless of Carlin who tried to comeback as the Engineer of Thomas the Tank Engine ...  (we had little kids once.)

"There are no bad words. Bad thoughts. Bad Intentions."

No bad intentions ...   A post-modernist back in the Modern Era.

Kind of got blown away by 9/11 for awhile, the post-modernists.  (There is no evil.  There is no wrong act.  Really?)

Trying to make a comeback.

He's saying there are no bad words... (only) bad thought and bad intentions. 

His point being; it is the thoughts and intentions behind the words that are bad not the words themselves. It does read wrong for sure...

jbcarol

That's very different then ...

Never mind.

(I thought he was doing "Thomas" because Post-Modern wasn't paying the bills.)

PeytonManningSUCKS

ahhaha, yeah sometimes trascripts don't get the whole point across...

conman_7

Quote from: HogBaptist on April 05, 2007, 08:18:41 am
Quote from: mikeirwin on April 04, 2007, 11:41:02 pm
He's right. That's an old phrase from the 60's. It means to run out of steam.
It has nothing to do with being gay.

i don't buy this.  i don't care what it "did" mean.  it only matters what it means now.  i'm only 25 years old and when i read it, i think it means to become gay or to start acting gay.

SO What, who cares if he did mean he was starting to "Fag out on him"  Maybe he was!!

conman_7

Sorry last post wasn't nice.

Just so tired of people complaining.