Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What was your first thought, honestly?

Started by darazorback, April 03, 2007, 08:19:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darazorback

What was your first thought that occured to you when you heard that he was returning to Creighton?

Arkiebrian

I was listening to Sports Rap and heard Chuck read an email saying Altman was going back to Creighton.  Then he cut to commercial...through the whole commercial break I thought it was some kind of joke, then Chuck came back on.

blue

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Razors84

I just woke up.  My first thought was ..  I am not allowed to say my first thought, but my second thought was that I think I will move back to Texas to get away from this embarassment, and my third thought was that they would probably laugh at me, so I guess I will stay here.

Torqued pork

I thought of how upset Broyles, our great visionary/dictator will be to have to miss being at Augusta the entire week, which is probably the biggest reason Altman was hired to begin with.

coach, my back hurts

It hit me that our program could be in big, big trouble. 

However, over the past few months dealing with the fball debacle and watching the bball team, one thought just repeatidly kept popping up.  And that thought was......"oh well".....I hate that i have to feel that way about our athletics.  But i dont know what the alternative is because we are dealing with certain individuals who dont give a flying flip so why should we?

PrescottHog

first it was WTH, then i felt embarassed for the whole state of Arkansas

razorback3072

That he got here and realized what a mess he was getting into here and that he found out all these "rumors" weren't necessarily rumors.  Maybe he's got too much integrity to stay here in this cluster.  I don't blame him one bit.
A veteran is someone who at one point in his life wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for the amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor. There are way too many people in this country who no longer understand that.

http://www.nralifeofduty.tv/#/patriotprofiles

http://fearlessnavyseal.com/

fire_hog

I chuckled. Honestly, if you are expecting any sort of competency at this point from the BAC, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. It has become comedy. Past time to clean house completely in the program, from Frank on down to the guy who cleans the toilets. It is embarrassing.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

2hogfans

1st Thought = How embarrassing
2nd Thought = What the hell is going on on the hill that only became obvious when he got there.
3rd Thought = Why did we hold a huge press conference showing him off if he had not yet signed a contract?
Every thought since then = How embarrassing

artrans

That he realized that the U of A job wasn't any better than what he had, his family was not going to be happy, he didn't want to work for a lame duck athletic director who apprently didn't stay around to make him feel welcome and he started reading about the mess in the football program and went it's time to head back north.

Razors84

Arent we still paying Nolan? Frank! nevermind.

HogFan1973

Well I just got in from an appointment and working out, and my brother calls me to ask me what I thought of the new coach's latest move and I was like "what are you talking about?"

Only to come on here and my thoughts are simple:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal Nice!

UroHog

I threw up a little in my mouth; not that I wanted to keep Quit-man, but what it would mean re: the renewal of the coaching search.

We already looked like a bunch of yahoos, but at least we had a coach and the issue was tabled until fall practice.
Now, we're back on the wall, with everyone around the country lobbing rotten tomatoes at us.

merccedes

casken

Now...what realistic chance do we still have of getting a coach upgrade...???

WPS
"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

Razorhog2006q

I laughed as I thought about Frank in Augusta.

BadHog

Altman didn't stay at the Holiday Inn Express last night? ;)
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

John Futrall

My first reaction?

Altman is an unprofessional liar

chrismo

my exact statement "har har har, wow we are pathetic." 

arklahoman36

First I laughed...and then I wondered, what did they lie to him about that was so bad he was leaving 24 hours after taking the job.

HawgWyld

Quote from: fire_hog on April 03, 2007, 08:33:12 pm
I chuckled. Honestly, if you are expecting any sort of competency at this point from the BAC, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. It has become comedy. Past time to clean house completely in the program, from Frank on down to the guy who cleans the toilets. It is embarrassing.
Keep the guy who cleans the toilets. He's probably the only person around there doing his job.

Oh, well. My first thought was, "Huh. Maybe keeping Heath for at least a year and letting a new athletic director decide if a different basketball coach was needed wasn't such a bad idea after all..."

Hawgrox

I was walking across the parking lot leaving work to my car about 5:30....had not heard anything of this. Just before I got to my car I had this feeling of impending doom come over me....and I asked myself outloud (I talk to myself a lot)...."Why do I feel so hopeless?". I then started my car and heard Chuck say "This is just incredible...unbelievable.." and then he sighed while Otis gave out a guttural moan. I thought "What the heck is going on?" I then heard them talk about Dana going back to Omaha. My first thought was "This cannot be happening". Then after the realization of it sat in....I thought...we can do better anyway. It's been embarrassing to say the least...but Dana was not meant to be here or he would still be our coach. This could be divine intervention.

fullygruntled

Quote from: razorback3072 on April 03, 2007, 08:32:56 pm
That he got here and realized what a mess he was getting into here and that he found out all these "rumors" weren't necessarily rumors.  Maybe he's got too much integrity to stay here in this cluster.  I don't blame him one bit.

My initial thought exactly.

zhog

Shouldnt have said to give this jerk a chance!

Semper Hogelis

My first thought. My Hog Baseball seats behind the hog dugout. Priceless. Thanks Coach DVH.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

press ham

my first thought was "what did you do frank!".

then i realized altman just punked out or some one told him about he circus going on the hill.

didn't wanna play politics with the good ole boys?

Bring Back Heath

"Are you serious"
then
"Well this is ugly but I didn't want him as coach"

Rzrbckr

I thought how can you blame him for wanting to go back to were everyone loves him. In Arkansas he gets a media guy asking him at the press conference how he is going to handle the fans. for example(20 people just posted talking about the suit you are wearing) I could not believe that was asked. That would have scared me off.

Slacker

After hearing his press conference post introduction, I thought we'd hired the white Stan Heath. Glad he came to his senses, and left on his own so we can continue a REAL coach search. Arkansas is too big for his britches anyway. Adios amiga!

TomasPistola

We're not allowed to use the F word anymore so I can't tell you what I said.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

pigture perfect

At least we don't have to fire him in 5 years, because he didn't do any better than Stan.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

cosmodrum

Didn't this prick say yesterday that his family was happy about the move.

Can we not find a person that will get anywhere near our program that is not a two faced liar.

FIRE EVERYONE THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS DAMN PROGRAM

WE HAVE TO START FRESH AND REBUILD FROM THE GROUND UP
Go away, batin'

razorraj

My first thought was that somebody back in Nebraska blackmailed him to change his mind and stay at Creighton.  Somebody has something on him and forced him to move back to keep things quiet?  Weird conspiracy theory, huh?

3kgthog

krack1925

mike irwin said i can't post my first thought.....

arkjay19

Figured it was another rumor and a mix up.

Damn, only at Arkansas.

Brand X Hog Fan

I logged on to Hogville and saw the thread stickied that asked if Altman was going back to Creighton. I thought, you bunch of freaks (fellow Hogvillians) what are you stirring up now? Then Mike came on channel 5 with a special report. I just felt embarrassed. Still do. Its so sad that my 74 year old mom, who has never been a sports fan, is embarrassed by it and feels sorry for Stan Heath.

I have decided that those Hog fans that survive this fiasco without losing faith in the Razorbacks should receive some sort of compensation. I don't know if I will make it through this one or not.
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

WBChogfan

My first thought was "you've gotta be kidding me!"

Then my next thought was..."Dang it! Why did Hogville have to crash now!!!!???!!!"

Lanlord

My first thought was that it is time for Frank to retire.  I am sad and embarrassed.

The Boar War

I thought "Why did I spend two days trying to convince myself that this was a good hire?".  Then I just felt embarrassed and started waiting for the KU, aTm, and Memphis fan to come rolling in.

bobetty

I thought Houston Nutt had probably convinced Teresa Prewitt to send him a nasty
e-mail because his salary was higher. 

Ironhawg

I can't say what my first thought was because it includes a word that gets me banned.  I am seriously angry over this deal.  I am angry at Dana Altman for embarassing the University of Arkansas by going back on his word.  If he wasn't sure, he should never have allowed the press conference.  I will hate him for the rest of his life.  I am doubly angry at J. Frank Broyles.  He has to go right now.  NOT next week, not next month and dadgum sure not next December. 
I am very concerned that this might well have been the death blow to the University of Arkansas basketball program.

The Boar War

Quote from: bobetty on April 03, 2007, 09:19:12 pm
I thought Houston Nutt had probably convinced Teresa Prewitt to send him a nasty
e-mail because his salary was higher. 
Or maybe Houston walked by him in the hall an called him Mid-Major.

vol_in_ar

That I couldn't wait to hear, how the spin doctors on local sports radio would try and turn this into a positive for Arkansas..

Can't what for Mike and Grant in the morning..So you think Grant comes back from Augusta to cover the story for the morning news..

ridgerunnerhog

My first thought was....must've been that hog call at the PC.  Honestly folks, that was embarrassing.  Don't get me wrong, I love calling the Hogs....but it just didn't fit at the PC . I watched the players and I think everyone was embarrassed.