Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roll Call for Altman

Started by jhudson84, April 03, 2007, 03:22:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarlton

Altman is innocent of all that has gone wrong with the Razorback program.  I'm giving him a chance.

redbug56

Ouachihog

Quote from: sonyhog on April 03, 2007, 03:31:43 pm
Whether you are for him or not, He is our coach. So if you are against him you are against the HOGS!!

Wow, if you said this about our football coach you would be blasted.

Now I understand our FB coach has a track record with Ark and DA does not, but just b/c you are not in favor of DA being hired does NOT mean you don't support the Hogs.  

This argument has been made thousands of times on the football side, we can't be that two-faced about things.  
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Lokirain on April 03, 2007, 04:06:47 pm
Worst. Hire. Ever.

Worst. Poster. Ever.  (along with ISAID Fred)

Bring Back Heath

I never said I'm not going to root for the hogs.  
But it was a stupid hire plain and simple.  
We caused ourselves national embarassment and humility in order to make a lateral move or slight improvement at best.
Was it worth it?    In my opinion, No.  
We all know he will win next year, as most of the "experts" and Nolan said, "Who couldn't win with that team next year"  

madjudge

athletic supporter ( oh thats a jock)  which would support nutts can"t do that. But yea count me in for support of dana.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Soooie21

jhudson84

Quote from: whitecohogg on April 03, 2007, 04:05:57 pm
I'm against the guy who started this post!! What an idiot!
Have some common sense on this site, Myself and many others were wanting to get a true feel of what the numbers were in support/dimise of Altman.  We usually can do a poll but it is temporarily down.  This is the best way.  I am respected by many on this board as are my opinions, some may not care and those that do not choose not to read.  You should do the same and enough with the senseless post.

MrsPiggy

can't wait for the first game!

revolution

I wasn't for him, but I'm for him now.  We coulda done better, but that's water under the bridge.

Good luck, Coach Altman!

Sanctified Swine

jhudson84

He is the only basketball coach to ever go UNDEFEATED at the UofA, so keep that in mind.

SidApollo

Quote from: Lokirain on April 03, 2007, 04:06:47 pm
Worst. Hire. Ever.

GO AWAY, LOKIRAIN!!!

Maybe you can come back with your tail between your legs after you see that Altman is a good choice....

jcjj7777

I'm in. After reading the Creighton board...I'm kinda excited.

bphi11ips

Gotta support the new coach.  It's not his fault he wasn't Broyles or this board's first choice.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

jbakr428

I am sure people said we could have done better when we hired Sutton and Nolan.  Look how they turned out, this could end up the same way.  Lets go Hogs!

football17

This is the most stupid, ignorant thread in the history of Hogville.

HogFactor

Method Ham

I'm glad so many people can predict the future.

The University of Arkansas - The place where fire the coach websites and polls are launched before the press conference is even over. 

And some people wonder why we can't get a "name" coach.
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

badbeagle

Mo_Better_Hogs

UAfan

Quote from: Bring Back Heath on April 03, 2007, 04:09:11 pm
We caused ourselves national embarassment and humility in order to make a lateral move or slight improvement at best.
We all know he will win next year, as most of the "experts" and Nolan said, "Who couldn't win with that team next year"  
Hmm...that's interesting because from what I've heard all the "experts" are saying its a steal for Arkansas.  I know that the ESPN, Fox, CBS guys can be annoying and ignorant sometimes but they aren't doing what they do for no reason.

SidApollo

Quote from: Bring Back Heath on April 03, 2007, 04:09:11 pm

National embarrassment? Read what most members of the national media, and almost every coach who has commented, are saying now. They're calling this a great hire for the U of A...

greenheads

jhudson84

Quote from: football17 on April 03, 2007, 04:16:08 pm
This is the most stupid, ignorant thread in the history of Hogville.

explain?

TouchdownRazrbcks

I'm in! Give this guy a chance.... ;D

razorbackntexas

Heck yeah! What else are we gonna do!
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

tbhogfan

I wonder how many Gator fans were hacked when they hired Billy D....   

I was originally skeptical, but the more I see and read, the more happy I am with the hire.
Go Hogs!

hawgtime

i can only wait asnd see now....

unless we can fire him and blame it on Frank's dimensia. ???

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

GBPackerFan

Officially the worst thread ever started on this board...and that is saying a lot b/c there have been some really, really, really bad and ignorant threads before, but this takes the cake.  Way to lower the average I.Q. level on this board and please do not ever go to one of my Razorbacks' games ever again...doesn't matter which sport.  Please do not put the surrounding fans through the pain of sitting next to such an ignorant fan.

Bring Back Heath

April 03, 2007, 04:23:15 pm #132 Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 04:25:13 pm by Bring Back Heath
Lets also remember what our fans have done in the last 2 weeks
(After getting in the tourney)
Claim Heath has turned the corner and he is such a classy guy he deserves another year
(After Loss to USC)
Heath is incompetent and is not going to take this team anywhere FIRE HIM NOW
(After the fire)  
YES GOOD RIDDANCE HEATH, Come on down Gillespie, great hire frank
(After gillespie says no)
What the heck is Frank doing firing Heath, he deserved another year, no reason to fire him without Gillespie
(later on in the week of job searching)
We are idiots, everyone in the national media is bashing us, Frank has no clue
(Calipari Interested)
OMG Frank, you are so good, you really came through, we always knew you had our best interests
(Calipari says no, Altman leading canidate)
This is a joke, Frank is so senile, whats he doing, ALTMAN are you kidding me?  WHY FIRE HEATH FOR ALTMAN
(After press conference)
Go hogs great hire, he will be a great success.  Classy guy with morals.  

I think most of you, if you are honest with yourselves, remember these events of late. 
To say the mob is fickle...

Is the understatement of the year

hawgrock

rogershogfan16

Quote from: jcjj7777 on April 03, 2007, 04:15:32 pm
I'm in. After reading the Creighton board...I'm kinda excited.

I agree. I'm in. Go hogs!

hogsmaster

I support him and hope he wins big at Arkansas.

cosmodrum

I'm in like Flint!!!

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!

:razorback:
Go away, batin'

501Ben

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: revolution on April 03, 2007, 04:12:28 pm
I wasn't for him, but I'm for him now.  We coulda done better, but that's water under the bridge.

Good luck, Coach Altman!

Wow!!  Revolution, I'm curious to what changed your mind?

Hollywood_HOGan

cmiller01

Support!!! Support!! Can't wait for the first game.

Hogg_Phan

Maurice "Footsie" Britt - an "ex-Arkansas Razorback and Detroit Lion war hero".
.... In fact, Britt was standing on the field at the football stadium in Arkansas, saluting with his left hand and receiving the Medal of Honor, ...
http://www.cafe.com/r/f87e4a8e-2253-4fb1-90ad-4372d99aa204/1/why-havent-you-heard-of-this-war-hero-nfl-veteran

corbhog

Seems like a Class Act!!!! I am ready to go see a team with some heart, intensity, and emotion. I am happy that he's our coach. I hope he does well and stays till he retires!!!

blacksuit

I'm down. Bring on the Altman Era.

jdhawg

i'm really excited let's just skip football this season.

rhinohog

not excited initially,but after listening to him at the press conf. I am in

bigyellowdog

ArchitectHog

present and accounted for...
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

phoggy

Because of the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Arkansas will no longer be referred to as HILLBILLIES. We ask that you now refer to us as OZARK-AMERICANS.Thank you!....Now if you'll excuse me, I got possums to fry.