Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Official "I Support Dana Altman as HC" thread

Started by dakpowers, April 02, 2007, 10:52:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan47

Quote from: dakpowers on April 02, 2007, 10:52:17 am
I hope I can speak for a few others when I say that as a Razorback fan, I personally am sick and tired of being miserable about my basketball team. I'm sick of worrying about whether our "good team" or "bad team" will be on the court on the night of any given game. I grew sick of yelling at Stan Heath, knowing all the time that it wasn't going to make him any better of a head coach.

Today, we turn over a new leaf. Today, I have feelings about the next basketball season that I haven't for years--excitement and anticipation. I view the 2007-2008 season with a clean slate. For the sake of the aforementioned feelings, I hold no judgement against Dana Altman except for what I learn from this day on. I don't care about what he has accomplished in the past, and I don't care that he is not what most of you term "a big name". As of today, he is the head coach of our Razorbacks, and whining on a message board is not going to reverse that. It's time to make our image better. Things are very different as far as the football program goes, but as of today, as far as basketball goes, I am no longer a frothing, hysterical fan. I am eager and welcoming.

Those of you who say I have my head in the sand, say what you will. It won't bother me much because I know that most of you wouldn't have been happy with anyone less than your short list of one or two names.

As of today, I support Dana Altman.

agreed 100 %
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

old hog

let's give him a chance. he is now the Hawg coach.  WPS

hogfan47

Quote from: hawgdog2005 on April 02, 2007, 03:09:43 pm
not happy with the hire even more unhappy with the stan fire.  oh well just have to sit back and see.  In the mean time while we wait FIRE HDN now

I will have to guess you have learned nothing with this whole Stan mess.
Firing a coach ( without ) a AD is a recipe for disaster
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

taoteching

I would want to play for him.

I think his teams will be fun to watch.  I love traps, etc.

dman

Welcome Coach A.  Hogs to at least the Elite 8 in '08.WPS

bwbcpa

Well, here goes, congratulations Coach Altman and welcome aboard! As for Frank, well...  ::)

Semper Hogelis

I can't hate on the guy, or Frank until I see whats up, and I wont judge him with someone else's player's either. Just like Stan. I will love him or hate him after I see how it turns out. Dude deserves a chance to show us. Just my 2 cents. I'll support him until he gives me reason not to.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Hogustus Caesar

I liked Stan. I wanted to win more, didn't like the way it went in Stan's final days. But Stan is the new coach USF, and it is time to move on. Count me in, I support Altman 100%.
"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

GBoling5000

Altman can't be blind.  He knows what he is stepping into - a once-proud program that is striving to rise to the top again.  I don't know a thing about him (I haven't done the research yet), but I support him if only because I want him to be successful.  We are all Hog Fans, so I assume we all want him to be successful.  At Arkansas.  For a long time.

UAfanatic

I'm ready to pick up some decent seats.. before they're gone.

RBLtoHOG

My first thought it he is in over his head but I will support him until he blows that....
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

HogFan1st

76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

Bvilleboar

I did not want him, but I will support him.  The man deserves a chance.  I hope that he has success early because I fear his leash will be shorter becuase the fans wanted a bigger name.  He will be in a tough spot with 7 guys (at least) playing their last season for the Hogs.  Season 2 will be rough.  GO HOGS GO!

Welcome to the family DA!
2012 the year of the HOGS

slopinhogs

hey this guy has some knowledge and swagger. i feel good about him and i think he actually is the guy we need to get better. welcome coach
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Arkie

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm excited.  This guy is a winner.  His butts in the seats have grown over the last few years, so he must be doing something right.  Let's give him a chance--I truely believe Altman was a good choice.  Especially since the other two turned us down. Heck, he will figure out the Hog Call in a day or two.

lovethosehogs

eschick

Saw the press confrence.  Liked what the new HC   said, thought White and FB were too long winded and said nothing of importance  I liked the HC  presence.  Lets give him a chance to do what he says he can do.  Take a deep breath and live with it and see what happens.  I think it is going to be good.  If he can keep the team he has in place, no one goes ,  I think it can be a lot better next year.

hogansas

I have a good feeling now that I have heard him.
"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

DEVIL DOG HOG

I support Altman, let him show us his ability to coach.

Get rid of HDN!
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Brand X Hog Fan

After seeing the press conference and listening to him, my first impression is a good one. He looks like Richie Cunningham and talks like a technician. I hope he can get fired up in the game and get his points across to the refs. This is the SEC not the Mo Valley. Having said that, my Mo Valley friends, including a Creighton grad, are extremely excited and feel like Frank made the right move.

It was obvious the Coach Altman was sad to leave Creighton which tells me he was leaving on good terms. I wish him the best of luck here and will support him. Concratulations Coach, welcome to Fayetteville and WPS!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

hogcoots

He was not my candidate but he is now my coach.  I will support him and give him the chance he deserves.  Win big and win early and many will convert.

Hogsmith

ballhog™

I'm in.  Until he proves me wrong I'm all for him.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

rcowen

April 02, 2007, 06:24:55 pm #174 Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:26:52 pm by rcowen
we're behind you dana.. literally!!!!

toshortrock

yes,u need to support him,let;s ride with him and see what happens
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hawggonnit

Quote from: hogfan30 on April 02, 2007, 11:17:27 am
I'm in.

Support a coach for once!  Novel idea in Arkansas.

Quote of the Day!!!!  I agree 100%.  No wait that can't happen.  Too many people on here think they have the cure to the common cold if you would only ask them.  I wonder during the Sutton and Richardson hires, if the internet would have been around, what would the talk have been like then.  Give the guy a break!!!  I know we were hoping for a "Big Name" Coach.  It didnt happen. Get over it and give the man a chance!!!  If he is sucessfull dont call me and ask if I have any extra tickets.  Oh I forgot GHG  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Table Rocker

hillhog

I'm in. No ridicule from me unless and until he turns out to be similiar to the Dork, which I truly do not think will come about. Surely the mold was broken when that one came out!