Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Steve Sullivan 'hyping' Altman up on 6 o'clock news

Started by BigNasty, April 01, 2007, 05:29:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ark30inf

fu-man-soo

altman, been at creighton 12 years and noone has gotten him?  there is obvioulsy a reason for that

Winner

Philip Seaton

razorbackfan4life

If he's just hyping him then it's no big deal.  If your saying that he's going to be the coach then......I'm gonna flip stuff.  No way in hell I want this guy.

Arkapigdiesel

Nothing like going to your 12th option.  Dana Altman, are you freaking kidding me?!
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

Table Rocker

Toad Suck Pork

Wow, a completely different tune compared to last night.

forrest city joe

Thanks Frank. we fired a coach for this? are you kidding me folks? what a mess.

fu-man-soo

Dana Altman's Year-by-Year Coaching Ledger
SEASON SCHOOL RECORD PCT. POSTSEASON

2005-06 Creighton University 20-10 .667 NIT
2004-05 Creighton University 23-11 .676 NCAA Tournament
2003-04 Creighton University 20-9 .690 NIT
2002-03 Creighton University 29-5 .853 NCAA Tournament
2001-02 Creighton University 23-9 .719 NCAA Tournament
2000-01 Creighton University 24-8 .750 NCAA Tournament
1999-00 Creighton University 23-10 .697 NCAA Tournament
1998-99 Creighton University 22-9 .710 NCAA Tournament
1997-98 Creighton University 18-10 .643 NIT
1996-97 Creighton University 15-15 .500
1995-96 Creighton University 14-15 .483
1994-95 Creighton University 7-19 .269
1994-Pres. Creighton totals (12 seasons) 238-130 .647

1993-94 Kansas State University 20-14 .588 NIT
1992-93 Kansas State University 19-11 .633 NCAA Tournament
1991-92 Kansas State University 16-14 .533 NIT
1990-91 Kansas State University 13-15 .464
1990-94 Kansas State totals (Four seasons) 68-54 .557

1989-90 Marshall University 15-13 .536
1989-90 Marshall totals (One season) 15-13 .536

BigNasty

Yesterday he was really excited about Calipari and mentioned Altman as well.

He did mention Montgomery on the 6 o'clock news as well, but just said he is another possibilty.  He had a whole reume rundown on Altman.

The Truth

Good news!

As long as Dana Altman's name gets around in the media in connection with our coaching search, we can be sure that he will give Frank the finger. Who's next?
The Truth hurts.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Table Rocker

Quote from: js1717 on April 01, 2007, 05:33:35 pm

its like thinking you won the lottery then waking up the next morning and finding out you read one of the numbers wrong and end up winning $50 bucks

pokerhog

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 01, 2007, 05:32:28 pm
wasn't the one so sure about Cal last night?

I don't think the media people know what is going on. It's very odd to me that it was reported that Cal was offered the job by everybody.

Jimmy

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Tusks

Altmans record look painfully familiar to the FB coach....maybe he'd fit right in.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

coolhog

If we hire him, its because we cant get anyone else ans because
Frank has to go to the MASTERS!

JShipCPA

Quote from: ballhog on April 01, 2007, 05:35:51 pm
I just don't see the appeal of this guy.

There is none, that's why... 

Why didn't we just retain SH if we're taking a guy like Altman?

forrest city joe

Quote from: The Truth on April 01, 2007, 05:35:13 pm
Good news!

As long as Dana Altman's name gets around in the media in connection with our coaching search, we can be sure that he will give Frank the finger. Who's next?
This is one guy i hope gives Frank the finger. i don't want Dana altman, here.

jmulkern

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 01, 2007, 05:37:47 pm
Quote from: The Truth on April 01, 2007, 05:35:13 pm
Good news!

This is one guy i hope gives Frank the finger. i don't want Dana altman, here.
I agree Joe, how has it fallen to this level already :puke:

LuckyGiraffe

Razors84

2005-06 Creighton University 20-10 .667 NIT
I thought we won 20 games this year - what good does this coaching change do us if we get him??

cmakrzrbak

Quote from: JShipCPA on April 01, 2007, 05:37:46 pm

That's a little like Bama taking Nutt when they could have had Saban.

We need to keep shooting high, a big name WILL bite.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

milehipig

Quote from: pokerhog on April 01, 2007, 05:35:56 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on April 01, 2007, 05:32:28 pm
wasn't the one so sure about Cal last night?

I don't think the media people know what is going on. It's very odd to me that it was reported that Cal was offered the job by everybody.
Quote from: cmakrzrbak on April 01, 2007, 05:48:17 pm
Quote from: JShipCPA on April 01, 2007, 05:37:46 pm

That's a little like Bama taking Nutt when they could have had Saban.

We need to keep shooting high, a big name WILL bite.
They have to make a splash, no way to spin this for a mediocre guy like Altman.

titan12071973

won and lost to shall we:

2006-2007
L's: #15 Nevada, Indiana State (x2), Illinois State, #21 Southern Illinois (x2), Wichita State, Hawaii, Fresno State, Nebraska.
Key W's: George Mason, #24 Xavier, Bradley.

2005-2006
L:'s DePaul, Tenn. Chat., Illinois State, Bradley, Southern Illinois (x2), Wichita State.
Key W's: Northern Iowa, Nebraska, Wichita State.

2004-2005
L's: Wyoming, Evansville, San Diego, Southern Illinois (x2), Indiana State, Illinois State, Sw Missouri State (x2), West Virgina
Key W's: Wichita State, Northern Iowa, Xavier, Nebraska.

If that doesn't get you excited to for him to be our new coach, nothing will!  :puke:

This is unacceptable! :razorback: :razorback: 

SWAhog

Quotealtman, been at creighton 12 years and noone has gotten him?  there is obvioulsy a reason for that

Didn't we get one pretty good coach from creighton?
You know you're getting older when your idea of lettin it loose is taking a laxative.

bigyellowdog

Quote from: SWAhog on April 01, 2007, 05:58:13 pm
Quotealtman, been at creighton 12 years and noone has gotten him?  there is obvioulsy a reason for that

Didn't we get one pretty good coach from creighton?

That will probably be Sunshine Shaffer's opening line for Monday's edition of DTS.

rude1

Good piece of research. Clearly illustrates that you need to look behind the numbers to get a better idea of what was actually accomplished. Eight straight 20 win seasons sounds good, but if those number are accurate, it clearly shows this guy hasn't beaten anyone of significance in at least those 3 years. Does anyone really expect this guy to be ready for what he is going to face every night in the SEC? I would have rather kept Heath if this is what we are to get, at least Heath had grown to understand what it was going to take to win in this league.

SidApollo

To answer some questions, Creighton was 22-11 this year, and he's been there for 13 years, not 12. And the good news for all you Hoggies that don't want him is that he has a track record of being the top candidate at several big-time schools, only to pull his name out of consideration... ;)

rzrbackd

then this truly has all been a real waste of time. Maybe this is Frank's big screw you all on his way out the door. We HAVE to do better than Altman or we are the true punch line of every sports joke to be told in the near future.

disGUSted

Quote from: titan12071973 on April 01, 2007, 05:55:34 pm
won and lost to shall we:

2006-2007
L's: #15 Nevada, Indiana State (x2), Illinois State, #21 Southern Illinois (x2), Wichita State, Hawaii, Fresno State, Nebraska.
Key W's: George Mason, #24 Xavier, Bradley.

2005-2006
L:'s DePaul, Tenn. Chat., Illinois State, Bradley, Southern Illinois (x2), Wichita State.
Key W's: Northern Iowa, Nebraska, Wichita State.

2004-2005
L's: Wyoming, Evansville, San Diego, Southern Illinois (x2), Indiana State, Illinois State, Sw Missouri State (x2), West Virgina
Key W's: Wichita State, Northern Iowa, Xavier, Nebraska.

If that doesn't get you excited to for him to be our new coach, nothing will!  :puke:

This is unacceptable! :razorback: :razorback: 

Sounds very similar to Stan Heath's record.

U.P. HOGG

Anything Sully hypes, just means it will never happen.  PERIOD!

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: Table Rocker on April 01, 2007, 05:35:52 pm
Quote from: js1717 on April 01, 2007, 05:33:35 pm

its like thinking you won the lottery then waking up the next morning and finding out you read one of the numbers wrong and end up winning $50 bucks
NO!  Its like waking up and realizing you owe 50 bucks!

HAM ELLIOT

But look at the bright side!  He has sent two players to the NBA!

WilsonHog

Very simple here.

If 10 days ago JFB had called a press conference and said, "We're going to fire Stan Heath and hire Dana Altman," what would your response have been? 

stan the man

Don't be surprised if Frank comes up with someone we would never have guessed like Lou Holtz.  How many of us had any idea he was coming here until it was announced. 

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: WilsonHog on April 01, 2007, 06:10:16 pm
Very simple here.

If 10 days ago JFB had called a press conference and said, "We're going to fire Stan Heath and hire Dana Altman," what would your response have been? 

Keep Heath.  No doubt about it.  Altman is NOT the man for the job.  My top two right now are Montgomery and Grant in that order.

chortle

Very simple here.

I would have gotten in my car, driven from Conway to Fayetteville, walked into the BAC and kicked Broyles in his 82 year old sack.

BigNasty

Quote from: chortle on April 01, 2007, 06:14:00 pm
Very simple here.

I would have gotten in my car, driven from Conway to Fayetteville, walked into the BAC and kicked Broyles in his 82 year old sack.

You might of had to wait in a line when you got to the BAC.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: forrest city joe on April 01, 2007, 05:34:26 pm
                           Thanks Frank. we fired a coach for this? are you kidding me folks? what a mess.

FCJ, you dont' want one of the top 5 coaches in the country but you don't want this guy. Who fits your criteria and is someone that Arkansas has a realistic chance of getting?

I see you posting about the coaching search yet you don't seem to have a clue about how it works or who is going to be hired.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hugulus Hog

Ironhawg

Very simple here.

:puke:

razorbrass

Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Oliver

Very simple here.

Why?

arcowboy

Looks like I am still going to save money on fb tickets and bb tickets again this yr.