Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***OFFICIAL "I LIKE MIKE MONTGOMERY" THREAD***

Started by Table Rocker, March 31, 2007, 10:08:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 04:55:24 pm
I gave you 3 canidates at the top if you would open your eyes and quit running your mouth!

on this thread?

NuttSucks

here i copied it no try your best to shoot these guys down over MM!

NuttSucks

Well lets see. Id take Bill self. Tim floyd. John Calapari. i could go on and on and dont say we cant get these guys yeah maybe not self but the other two you cant lead me to believe they wouldnt come for the right price

Arkiebrian

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 04:58:16 pm
Well lets see. Id take Bill self. Tim floyd. John Calapari. i could go on and on and dont say we cant get these guys yeah maybe not self but the other two you cant lead me to believe they wouldnt come for the right price

MM is like a Tim Floyd with more experience.

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 04:58:16 pm

Self, yes, but that's a pipe dream, i've conceeded getting him. calipali yes, but he's also a  pipe dream, floyd is the only realistic candidate, and his college resume is not as impressive as MM's

NuttSucks

Exactly so why go with the guy that is So old get the younger guy that By the way recruited the #1  high School player in the nation OJ MAYO to USC which has no Tradition. I just want someone for the long haul not a guy thats gonna come in coach for 3 4 years and be to tired or die of a heart attack!

NuttSucks

Im not gonna argue with you guys anymore. Ima razorback fan just like you and We should be united not fighting. if MM does get the job ill cheer on my hogs just like i always do if not ill be doing the same thing! Go Hogs and I hope you guys are right about MM if hes the man.

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 05:01:37 pm
Exactly so why go with the guy that is So old get the younger guy that By the way recruited the #1  high School player in the nation OJ MAYO to USC which has no Tradition. I just want someone for the long haul not a guy thats gonna come in coach for 3 4 years and be to tired or die of a heart attack!

FLOYD DID NOT RECRUIT MAYO TO USC!!!!!!!! did you not read the article on here recently where OJ committed to USC without ever being so much as called by floyd simply because he wants to market himself in a big city like LA??? get the facts man.

Arkiebrian

Exactly so why go with the guy that is So old get the younger guy that By the way recruited the #1  high School player in the nation OJ MAYO to USC which has no Tradition. I just want someone for the long haul not a guy thats gonna come in coach for 3 4 years and be to tired or die of a heart attack!

Floyd did not recruit Mayo, Mayo "recruited" Floyd...he's an a$$ that has stated through his "promoter" that he will "showcase his talents" for his freshman year before jumping to the NBA.  Article: http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2007/03/29/Sports/Is.O-j.Mayo.Bad.For.College.Basketball-2812024.shtml

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 05:03:15 pm
Im not gonna argue with you guys anymore. Ima razorback fan just like you and We should be united not fighting. if MM does get the job ill cheer on my hogs just like i always do if not ill be doing the same thing! Go Hogs and I hope you guys are right about MM if hes the man.

look at it long term that's all I'm saying ,MM can get us back to national prominence and likely stay 10 years. by that time we'll be back to where our job will be as good as KY's.

Table Rocker

Quote from: Arkiebrian on March 31, 2007, 05:04:00 pm

Floyd did not recruit Mayo, Mayo "recruited" Floyd...he's an a$$ that has stated through his "promoter" that he will "showcase his talents" for his freshman year before jumping to the NBA.  Article: http://media.wildcat.arizona.edu/media/storage/paper997/news/2007/03/29/Sports/Is.O-j.Mayo.Bad.For.College.Basketball-2812024.shtml

thanks, I couldn't find it

NuttSucks

So why didnt he go to UCLA? The team with more history than anybody! A team that has been in the Final 4 2 years in a row. You dont think Floyd had anything to do with it! Dont kid yourself man.

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 04:50:51 pm
And yeah Pearl will have a much better track record at TN than MM in a much tougher conference at that! look were he had them in his second year. talk about someone not knowing anything about bball

yeah sorry for snapping at you, just a little on edge. rest assured that if we get MM we will be national contenders as soon as next year, book it, he's that good of a coach.

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 05:05:16 pm
So why didnt he go to UCLA? The team with more history than anybody! A team that has been in the Final 4 2 years in a row. You dont think Floyd had anything to do with it! Dont kid yourself man.

he wanted to be the star of the team so he could showcase his skills. also if you read the article he says he wants to be responsible for turning around a program.

NuttSucks

I didnt read the article but i was aware of him saying he was going to USC because of Local but i just feel like Floyd Had to sell him a little. Anyway go hogs and Do you guys know anything about the Plane situation! Maybe Our coach is here and we dont know it yet!

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 05:10:02 pm
I didnt read the article but i was aware of him saying he was going to USC because of Local but i just feel like Floyd Had to sell him a little. Anyway go hogs and Do you guys know anything about the Plane situation! Maybe Our coach is here and we dont know it yet!

i really don't think we'll get an announcement until after the final four. very well could be showing somebody the area though

NuttSucks

Im just ready for this whole thing to be over. I dont want to lose Bev, i think hes gonna be very special. Anybody else that wants out i could care less. hope we get the right guy!

Table Rocker

Quote from: NuttSucks on March 31, 2007, 05:12:10 pm
Im just ready for this whole thing to be over. I dont want to lose Bev, i think hes gonna be very special. Anybody else that wants out i could care less. hope we get the right guy!

i'm sure priority number 1 for new coach is sit down with bev. MM is a class guy, he'll take care of biz

vol_in_ar

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 31, 2007, 04:55:33 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 31, 2007, 04:54:15 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on March 31, 2007, 04:50:04 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 31, 2007, 04:45:10 pm
Your getting desperate

2 weeks ago, it was Bill Self, a week ago it was Gillespie, now it's a guy very few know..

So much for selling tickets

Vol is getting scared.  Baseball team sucks.  Football heading downhill with the Fatman.  Bask is all you have and now you see us and UK ready to kick your a** again. 

Well see 154 days till the start of Football, Nov 10th will be a great day..
Your BB team's no where near ready to beat Tennessee, we have Lofton returning, and your best players, considering transfering..

D-MAC will own the vols again this year

Probably not, him and Jones are all you have this year.  You'll be lucky if both of them are still helathy in November

I guess I forgot about Cleveland being a fullback, that poor kid should have gone to Florida where he would have won a National Championship, and played tight end..

jkelly107

Thank God I thought this was a Mike Anderson thread.

Table Rocker

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Table Rocker

now that Cal is officially out.......

Rooka

hawaiianhogster

If we want the best why not go after Donovan?

Arkiebrian

Buzz was hot on MM yesterday then fizzled out...

Smithian

I really hope we get Mike. A nice, solid hire that will produce results and get some applauds nationally.

Cosby

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 31, 2007, 05:53:51 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on March 31, 2007, 04:55:33 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 31, 2007, 04:54:15 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on March 31, 2007, 04:50:04 pm
Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 31, 2007, 04:45:10 pm
Your getting desperate

2 weeks ago, it was Bill Self, a week ago it was Gillespie, now it's a guy very few know..

So much for selling tickets

Vol is getting scared.  Baseball team sucks.  Football heading downhill with the Fatman.  Bask is all you have and now you see us and UK ready to kick your a** again. 

Well see 154 days till the start of Football, Nov 10th will be a great day..
Your BB team's no where near ready to beat Tennessee, we have Lofton returning, and your best players, considering transfering..

D-MAC will own the vols again this year

Probably not, him and Jones are all you have this year.  You'll be lucky if both of them are still helathy in November

I guess I forgot about Cleveland being a fullback, that poor kid should have gone to Florida where he would have won a National Championship, and played tight end..

I could be wrong but I thought I heard Cleveland didn't even want to play tight end..or at least he didn't want to be someone who put his hand on the ground on offense. That's why we had him at receiver a lot this past year.

moses_007

Table Rocker, forward your post to JFB.   :razorback:

Table Rocker

Table Rocker

Table Rocker

well boys looks like the "i like mike" campaign is on again!

Arkiebrian

spehog

Still a chance. Its either him, Theus or Grant.

Woo Pig.
Woo Pig.

Arkiebrian

Montgomery should be the obvious choice...should have been the obvious choice from the beginning.

Does he want a job?  That's what I'm wondering.

GO

I am on the M&M bandwagon also. After all the big boys said no I think he should be at the top of the list of experienced coaches with a winning record. He had some good teams at Stanford. I don't care if he is 60 he should 4 or 5 good years in him.

Marshfieldhog

Lets not and say we did...Let's look to the future, we need someone that is going to be here longer than 4 or 5 years, I just don't see Montgomery being a fit being a west coast guy and his age is a concern.

ballhog™

Has he been contacted.

Age isn't an issue. Heck he's almost a quarter century younger than the AD.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

SultanofSwine

Montgomery was who I had hoped we would go after if the Billy's declined. If they go after a coach like Grant or one of the Sutton boys, I am seriously considering supporting Baseball only.

cmakrzrbak

I thought we had already had discussions with MM.

I think Grant is really the only option at this point.  Hopefully, he can recruit a PG like Eric Maynor to come here and lead the squad.

By the way, I was interviewed in front of Hogwild Pizzeria this evening b y 40/29.  It should air at 10.  Dude in the blue shirt.
They'll probably edit the crap out of it, considering I talked for a good 3 min, but check it out nonetheless.
"You've got to give a little love to those who love to live"

Philip Lynott

Arkiebrian

Montgomery completely disappeared off the radar when Calipari came up and we heard nothing more.  What is the deal?

lookawayquick

Pretty certain the executive recruiting firm will not recommend MM or RM.  Both would be excellent hires but it won't happen.  Whatever happens, it is time for some one other than JFB to take the reins and time for some one to manage the PR.  JFB makes Dubya look like a PR pro.

Gomer_Says_Hey

Montgomery coached at Montana for several years before going to Stanford, so he hasn't always been a big city guy.

I wouldn't mind having him here 4 or 5 years. He's a proven winner and he could help restore our image. That would put us in a better position in the future when it came time to make a long-term hire.

Table Rocker

revolution

Fine with me.  Much better than Altman.

Tejano Jawg

I liked him when he was the "coach du jour" a few days ago...and several coaches ago.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

TulsaJack32

Was this guy ever considered at all?  Let's make a run for him.  I think he would be an excellent choice.

Table Rocker

he has a faithful following on a thread here, check a couple pages back and sign it, we'd love to have you

Cosby

Thats what I keep wondering. Seems like he should have been a choice over altman anyways.

TulsaJack32

Sign me up.  I'm on the bandwagon for Montgomery.