Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Meet Dana Altman

Started by WilsonHog, March 31, 2007, 08:02:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

By the way, Jay Bilas raves about this guy. Thinks he's a great coach--I've heard him say as much several times on ESPN.

My take. The guy knows the game, he would be a serious upgrade to Stan Heath as far as bench coaching goes. No doubt about that--we would rarely get "out coached."

The concern: Recruiting. Though we would rarely get out coached, we could get easily get "out talented", ala Dave Odom and S. Carolina. The key to his success would be which assistant coaches he would surround himself with. If Cyprian is as good a recruiter as some say he is, maybe a combination of Altman and Cyprian could work. Whatever, the case may be, he would need some hungry assistants to go get the talent.

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: PigTimePlayer on March 31, 2007, 10:15:55 am
I can't imagine this . . .

"Hey guys, did you hear?  We got DANA ALTMAN!  Woo Pig Sooieee!!  Take that, Kentucky.  Where's that ticket office phone number?"

All indications are that DA has been happy to have moderate success at a mid-major school.  There's nothing wrong with that if he's happy and the school is happy, then it's all good.  But that is not what Hog Fans are going to expect.  This is not going to be an upgrade.  I'd rather see what Anthony Grant could do . . . at least we know he would be hungry.

I'm going to be on campus next year, and I will flatly admit that I won't go near BWA for a men's hoops game if Altman, Sadler or any of a number of others are hired as head coach.  Once again, I doubt I'll be the only one who would willingly stay away, either.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

BB140

I don't think you are going to get a coach that is from an elite basketball program right now- Try a mid-major or an asst form a bigger school. Then Arkansas can  rebuild their program and the coaches will come. It will take few years, but the program an get back to its elite status- you just need to be patient.

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!