Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

beverley talks about descision

Started by g-townhog, March 30, 2007, 08:00:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

g-townhog

Sophomore-to-be guard Patrick Beverley took in a portion of Arkansas' football practice on Friday, and many questions still loom as to whether or not he will remain with the Razorbacks next season now that coach Stan Heath has been fired.

What are your thoughts on what happened with coach Heath?

"It's sad to see him go, but the biggest thing for me right now is to continue being on top of my grades, hitting the weights hard and being a better basketball player and getting better every day. That's the biggest thing, right now."

Are you going to be a Razorback next season?

"You can't really say a decision on anything. When the new coach comes in, me and my family will have to have a talk with him. If his strategy fits my strategy, it is what it is. We've just got to wait until judgment day comes, and that day isn't here right now, so I really can't make any hasty decisions."

What are you hoping to get in a new coach?

"I would still like to have a coach that continues to let me play my type of game, and up-tempo type of game, but we don't have a coach right now. I've got to wait until the new coach comes to make a decision. I don't want to make a hasty decision. It might be the wrong one on whether I'm staying or leaving."

Was it frustrating to hear Heath had been fired?

"Very frustrating. As a freshman, you work so hard, and all the pressure and that's been brought to our basketball team the last couple of months, it's been very frustrating, and to see us work so hard and him leaving, it's very frustrating. But, I can't hold my head about that. I've just got to continue doing what I'm doing to be a good basketball player."

Can you talk about school work and the other things you're focused on right now?

"That's the biggest thing for me right now, just try to stay eligible, do the things that I know how to do as far as the classroom and weights, me getting better as a person and as a person on the basketball court. Those things are the biggest things for me. My decision will come later when we have a new coach, and that day isn't here, right now."

Hoop

March 30, 2007, 08:07:00 pm #1 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:09:58 pm by Hoop
That is another reason why Anthony Grant should be our next coach.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: g-townhog on March 30, 2007, 08:00:52 pm

"I would still like to have a coach that continues to let me play my type of game, and up-tempo type of game, but we don't have a coach right now. I've got to wait until the new coach comes to make a decision. I don't want to make a hasty decision. It might be the wrong one on whether I'm staying or leaving."
Yet another reason to hire Anthony Grant!

The Hawg Marshal

Glad to see he's not going to make a hasty decision.

dbaileyway7

Great answers. Way to go Patrick.

hogfan47

Nice to see a young man that is not a Reactionist
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

WMHawgfan

Good to see he isn't letting his emotions cause him to jump to a quick decision.
I just hope we get the right guy to help this kid become an NBA caliber player.

jimmur74

If his strategy fits my strategy

What is this? The University of Patrick Beverly?

razorbackntexas

that is a relief. I'm glad to know he's going to give our next coach a chance! Freakin Awesome!
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

WhiteyDog

Sophomore-to-be guard Patrick Beverley took in a portion of Arkansas' football practice on Friday, and many questions still loom as to whether or not he will remain with the Razorbacks next season now that coach Stan Heath has been fired.

"It's sad to see him go, but the biggest thing for me right now is to continue being on top of my grades, hitting the weights hard and being a better basketball player and getting better every day. That's the biggest thing, right now."

"You can't really say a decision on anything. When the new coach comes in, me and my family will have to have a talk with him. If his strategy fits my strategy, it is what it is. We've just got to wait until judgment day comes, and that day isn't here right now, so I really can't make any hasty decisions."

"Very frustrating. As a freshman, you work so hard, and all the pressure and that's been brought to our basketball team the last couple of months, it's been very frustrating, and to see us work so hard and him leaving, it's very frustrating. But, I can't hold my head about that. I've just got to continue doing what I'm doing to be a good basketball player."

Can you talk about school work and the other things you're focused on right now?

"That's the biggest thing for me right now, just try to stay eligible, do the things that I know how to do as far as the classroom and weights, me getting better as a person and as a person on the basketball court. Those things are the biggest things for me. My decision will come later when we have a new coach, and that day isn't here, right now."

Way to go GTown!  You are out there on the cutting edge of journalism.  Nice copy and paste from a paysite.  At least credit the source of info.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jimmur74 on March 30, 2007, 08:10:50 pm
If his strategy fits my strategy

What is this? The University of Patrick Beverly?
Dang, get off the guy's back.  I'm sure part of the reason he came here was because he liked the style of play.  If a coach comes in that has a style of play that he doesn't feel fits his game, then it is totally understandable if he wants to leave.  JMO.

ORLANDOHOG

G-town was given permission to do this. Why you want to be a smartass about it. Just showing you guys some love  from another board.  :razorback:

pigfeet

Coach Grant could keep him here and bring in many more studs.

DrSwineESQ

Nice to see that our players are more patient than our fans.  Rather telling, I'd say.

TRUHOG718

http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

g-townhog

why does it matter where the info came from ??? we are all hog fans right? get a life

JONAS

Hogtropolis™

g-townhog

hawgsports.com   damn i was just trying to pass on some goods news and whiteydog thinks we are in english class . you need a works cited page also whiteydog?

Silver Hog

i think hawgsports sent me an email the other day, is it worth it?

hogblade

Anthony Grant comes... They all stay!

Rooka

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 30, 2007, 08:08:37 pm

HIRE HIM NOW!!

3kgthog

Beverley wants uptempo. Beverley likes Stan Heath. Stan Heath wasn't an uptempo coach. Someone explain this to me because my head is spinning.

dbaileyway7

Quote from: Death by Hog on March 30, 2007, 08:41:13 pm
Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 30, 2007, 08:08:37 pm

HIRE HIM NOW!!

I have said that the UofA couldn't get a "HIGH PROFILE" coach, but, if we could get him, who cares!

WhiteyDog

Quote from: g-townhog on March 30, 2007, 08:20:29 pm
why does it matter where the info came from ??? we are all hog fans right? get a life

Your right we are some just have more class than others.

WhiteyDog

Quote from: g-townhog on March 30, 2007, 08:27:05 pm
hawgsports.com   damn i was just trying to pass on some goods news and whiteydog thinks we are in english class . you need a works cited page also whiteydog?

People make a living at this and I would tend to try and respect that a little.  I don't think you could pass an english class.

weevilhogg

Stan Heath ran an up-tempo style game?  Could have fooled the pants right off of me :)
Oh my!

Brand X Hog Fan

What's interesting is P-Bev is wanting to "still play up tempo." Ummmm P-Bev, you ain't seen up tempo yet! I hope we get someone in here that turns P-Bev, Welsh, and Weems loose! Not to Mention Washington and Hill. Let 'em all run the floor!
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

moses_007

I'm pleased that Beverley has decided to wait and see who the next coach is before he decides if he is staying or leaving.  I think we either need Grant or Kruger to keep him here.  :razorback:

BigDawgHawg

Was he just talking in general, or is he really worried about being eligible next year?  He made several references about hitting the books, or staying eligible.

stnsnptrck

Quote from: g-townhog on March 30, 2007, 08:27:05 pm
hawgsports.com   damn i was just trying to pass on some goods news and whiteydog thinks we are in english class . you need a works cited page also whiteydog?

The problem is that it is premium information from another site.  I have a feeling you won't have to worry about getting any information from there in the future though.

hogsmaster

While Heath's team doesn't pressure fullcourt like Nolan's did, they have gotten the ball out and ran quite a bit (remember Alabama game in BWA?); they struggled in games where the other team takes the fastbreaks away and forces them to play halfcourt.

billypig

g-town,

your scum.

This is why Hogville is full of low lifes.  Trey did a great job getting an interview and providing it to his Paying customers and a parasite like you drag it over here.  If Hogville wants such information, then why don't they become a real journalist and find the information instead of allowing parasites like you to post?

yea smite me and kick me off if you please.....it won't be the first nor last time.

HSV  you should delete this thread out of courtesy to the journalistic efforts of another forum who worked at getting the information.

HogFan1973

I will ask the question again - where did the poster go who came on here right after the NCAA loss and proclaimed that none of these players liked Heath?

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on March 30, 2007, 08:43:16 pm
Beverley wants uptempo. Beverley likes Stan Heath. Stan Heath wasn't an uptempo coach. Someone explain this to me because my head is spinning.
Thank you!

HogFan1973

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on March 30, 2007, 10:17:04 pm
Quote from: 3kgthog on March 30, 2007, 08:43:16 pm
Thank you!

Maybe the next time someone asks Bev some questions, this one can be ask of him.....I would like to hear his answer.

HognotinMemphis

Why would anyone care what an 18 yr old's thoughts are on a coach making nearly one million per year? It's ludicrous. Either stay with the team and school or haul ass because your coach was fired. Not like Beverly led the Hogs to top finish in SEC West or SEC overall and/or good finish in the NCAAT. No one is a superstar on this team as of now. Shut your yap and get ready for next season or leave ASAP.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hview

I am impressed with the young man. I too hope we hire a coach that plays an uptempo style. My concern is that I don't think many of these big name coaches we have on our list play that style.

hogsnot06

Please note his reference to staying eligible, I am telling you it is in question....

jry04

I love how everyone is already sold on Anthony Grant. Everyone cried about how we hired Heath, an up and comer. They say they want to go after a big name coach. All of a sudden VCU beats a Duke team that was down this year, and he is coveted by hog fans that don't want an up and comer. He seems to be a replica of Heath as far as being pretty successful. Heath actually went farther though. They play opposite styles of basketball, but still seem alike as far as coaching a mid-major and having a good first season.

I would be willing to bet 80% of the people on this board that want Anthony Grant weren't even aware of who he was or where he coached before VCU played Duke. He may be a good coach, but he hasn't proven anything yet. I would rather go after 4 or 5 other guys before Arkansas decides to offer him.

xocox

It's more than basketball. At his age it's a lot of mentoring and friendship. He said he's chillin. doing what he should be. school and staying healtly. I though what he said was right on.
"I know what is going on, I'm focusing on school and will try to work things out with the new coach. I'm not going to knee jerk a decision. We don't have a coach right now. I will make the correct decision at the correct time".

xocox

The new coach has to fit. you dont just insert bigname into a program and win. frank can hire an up and comer, finish paying stan over the next 3 years and then the next AD can make a decision after three years. 

xocox

Quote from: Mystery Legs™ on March 30, 2007, 10:38:32 pm
I'm just curious why you'd a player dictate a long-term decision for your program.  As much as I love Beverley, you can't do this. 

you mean a single player quitting. like mitch? his actions turned the vocal minority against the coach and negatively impacted the program. I think PB has earned the right. the coach left,  not him. he's still standing. a new coach should reach out to him. PB knows more about AR Basketball than a new incoming coach. You would be ignorant to not seek his input. the coach doesn't use a magic wand he uses players. They have to want to execute his plan. Its as much servant leadership as it is coaching.   

hogs25

The real question is has Frank ever heard of Anthony Grant?  If so, will AG be in Hotlanta this weekend?  I know this will never get answered but it's worth a shot.

hawgsav1

Wait I have a question regarding the posting of premium information.  Is it ok if you credit the source or is it not ok in general or what?
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Newcoachplease

Quote from: hogsnot06 on March 30, 2007, 11:25:13 pm
Please note his reference to staying eligible, I am telling you it is in question....

That is the truth...his freshman english grade cant be too good? :) Joking

Hog are ya

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 30, 2007, 10:37:23 pm

Why would anyone care what an 18 yr old's thoughts are on a coach making nearly one million per year? It's ludicrous. Either stay with the team and school or haul ass because your coach was fired. Not like Beverly led the Hogs to top finish in SEC West or SEC overall and/or good finish in the NCAAT. No one is a superstar on this team as of now. Shut your yap and get ready for next season or leave ASAP.

Easy there Memphis (my dad, bro and stepmom live there by the way so no hard feelings).  I personally don't see any problems with his comments.  Also, we are not just talking about a typical freshmen hog here.  Other than Super Sid, O-May-Day, Corliss and Thurman, no freshmen has captured the hearts of hog fans more that I can think of and they were all from the general area.  "Shut your yap" from comments he made is a bit out line. 

46Counter

Mitch talks like this and the whole state is against him and loves the nutt for what he did to MM.  Beverly wants to go and everyone is in a panic mode.  There is a problem somewhere

stnsnptrck

Quote from: hawgsav1 on March 31, 2007, 01:49:22 am
Wait I have a question regarding the posting of premium information.  Is it ok if you credit the source or is it not ok in general or what?

On here, I don't know.  On rivals, it is against the rules to take premium info and post it anywhere else, regardless of citing the source.  Like I said, he'll find out soon, I'm guessing.

hogsmaster

Quote from: billypig on March 30, 2007, 09:51:57 pm
g-town,

your scum.

This is why Hogville is full of low lifes.  Trey did a great job getting an interview and providing it to his Paying customers and a parasite like you drag it over here.  If Hogville wants such information, then why don't they become a real journalist and find the information instead of allowing parasites like you to post?

yea smite me and kick me off if you please.....it won't be the first nor last time.

HSV  you should delete this thread out of courtesy to the journalistic efforts of another forum who worked at getting the information.

You must be Trey.  You seemed really PO.  I agree that you have the right to feel that way.