Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heath has a new job.

Started by Anthony McReynolds, March 30, 2007, 06:32:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorbackssports

ha yeah he got a job before we even filled his position here, that does not seem right!

HawgG

Make sure you get some good PGs and you will have South Florida competing in the upper level of the Big East.

Good Luck Coach Heath and you will be missed trust me.

Probably a lot more then any of us realize right now.

Toad Suck Pork

Best of luck Stan.  Hope to match up with you in future NCAA tournaments!

RhodeHog

Good job Stan.  We will miss your class and the professional way you handled yourself.  It's obvious why you didn't fit in here.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: donewithdale on March 30, 2007, 10:32:56 pm
Well I'm a Bulls fan now.  Good for Stan.
Same here.  I will watch them closely and root for them at anytime they are not playing the Hogs (which is highly unlikely to happen).

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

hogwildinhouston

Good luck to Stan trying to win in the Big East at South Florida.

hawgdog2007

God luck and best wishes Stan.  I hope you do great things down their.

Since 1894

Best of luck.  Don't you know that some NCAA Bracket Jockey already has us down playing each other the next time we both make either tournament.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

PorcineSublime

Does anyone have any confirmation on this? There is nothing on the ESPN site. It would be a good fit. I doubt anyone has illusions of winning the Big East or they would not have hired Stanley to begin with. This is about developing character and integrity and a team that will win enough to keep the donors happy. An occasional trip to the NCAA's should be good. This is not the win at all cost FB program at USF. They are not as ambitious in BB(at least from what I can glean from their website).
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

gomersnerd

I would have my contract written with about a dollar a year for 3 years with the real money to be paid starting at year 4. Like years 1-3 a dollar a year. year 4---- $900000 or so.
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

Hog Fan from Camden

rude1

Man would we not look ridiculous if he goes there and turns that program around and has major sucess? Though there's nothing he showed here that makes me think that he will do that.

razorrog1

RedSatinHog

I'm absolutely tickled that Heath landed on his feet like this.  It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, and here's hoping that he does well.

Best of luck to ya', Stan!!!!
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

hog golf

good luck coach.
and after hearing p-bev interview on the news last night i'm afraid he is leaving for the nba. he has been well groomed in pro-speak. did you hear the tell-tell "it is what it is?"
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

31to6

Quote from: razorhead69 on March 30, 2007, 07:28:01 pm
Hope he does well.
And I bet there are a lot of babes in S. Fla.
More babes in Fayetteville. I lived in Tampa for a year. It's God's waiting room.

Good luck to Stan.

granny grunt

Good luck to Stan Heath,  he deserved better than what he got out of Broyles.   Stan may have the last laugh over the Head Hog hunt... No,  he has way to much class to laugh at Old Frank in Atlanta trying to sell the Arkansas program to any and all coaches that stop by the "Now Hiring" booth.....

rcowen

V

can't find an article anywhere to this effect. The USF Athletic site makes no mention of any hiring?

stan the man

Stan would not take a job this quick for anything in the $300,000 price range after getting more than twice that much here.  I'll bet he is enjoying the coaching search we are doing trying to find a replacement for him.   

tbhogfan

Congrats to a fine man and true class act.
Go Hogs!

TRUHOG718

Quote from: rcowen on March 31, 2007, 09:10:45 am
Hope he does well

Sanford and son. love the avatar. Fish eyed fool i havent heard that in a long time.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

dmac_iz_kin

Quote from: RhodeHog on March 30, 2007, 10:34:25 pm
Good job Stan.  We will miss your class and the professional way you handled yourself.  It's obvious why you didn't fit in here.

that was really funny, i guess your implying HDN , JFB and the likes have no professionalism or class
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

razorback903

He'll probably be back in the Sweet 16 in a year or two. 
John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the Gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

hawkeyefan17

Good move for Stan. Even though I don't think he should have been fired (because he was told if he made the NCAA tournament he'd keep his job) the Stan Heath of Arkansas basketball was winding down. He moves from the SEC to the Big East, not bad. I hope he does well. Unlike Steve Alford at Iowa, he left the Arkansas basketball program better off than what he took over.

Good luck to him.

LL COOL HOG

I wish Stan the best.  He deserved better than what he got here.  UCF players will learn some class.

The Coletrain

Congrats to Coach Heath.  He was a classy guy through and through.  And to be able to land a Big East job after being dismissed is a credit to his professionalism and character.  Best of luck, Coach. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.