Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kruger has turned us down

Started by Jim Harris, March 30, 2007, 10:55:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cottonhog

Was Frank drunk dialing in the middle of the night? Come on Kruger, what are we doing?

HoopS

I will take Majerus for 3 years.

weresoclose

Quote from: CalHog on March 30, 2007, 12:20:55 pm
Quote from: weresoclose on March 30, 2007, 11:22:12 am
Once again, not surprising.  Why would you leave UNLV to come to Arkansas???

Dude just got there, his son's on the team, IT"S VEGAS BABY!, and he's right there close to everything happinin'.  Who would ever think he would come here anyway>>>

We have got to stop being so arrogant.  COACHES DO NOT WANT THIS JOB!!!  Gillispie turning us down spoke VOLUMES about how our program is viewed.  Plus we're not going to pay 2 million, which is what it would take for a decent coach to leave somewhere nice just to come to Green Acres Arkansas.  That's the way they view us, and perception is reality.

We are going to get stuck with a mid level mid major.  That's why I'm promoting Dana Altman, since we probably couldn't even get Lowery--once again why would he come to this side-show Athletic Dept?

If Arkansas is such a stuff hole why don't you leave and make it a better place.  That is not the perception of the world.  Only a few a$$ holes feel that way.

You have never left the backwoods then.  That is the perception, and anyone who tells you different is just trying to be nice to you.  If it's so great, why could we not even get the A&M coach here.  You need to step outside in the real world for a while.  I live here and love it here, but perception is reality and perception of Arkansas is backwoods, KKK and pregnant, with a splash of Bill Clinton.

Hogs4Ever

Right now I would take anyone that wants to be here and has fire in their veins for winning basketball games.  It will be hard for JFB to screw this up because I think anyone will do a better job than Stanley did for the past 5 torturous agonizing years.

GotPig?

Quote from: weresoclose on March 30, 2007, 12:26:26 pm

Dude just got there, his son's on the team, IT"S VEGAS BABY!, and he's right there close to everything happinin'.  Who would ever think he would come here anyway>>>

We have got to stop being so arrogant.  COACHES DO NOT WANT THIS JOB!!!  Gillispie turning us down spoke VOLUMES about how our program is viewed.  Plus we're not going to pay 2 million, which is what it would take for a decent coach to leave somewhere nice just to come to Green Acres Arkansas.  That's the way they view us, and perception is reality.

We are going to get stuck with a mid level mid major.  That's why I'm promoting Dana Altman, since we probably couldn't even get Lowery--once again why would he come to this side-show Athletic Dept?

If Arkansas is such a stuff hole why don't you leave and make it a better place.  That is not the perception of the world.  Only a few a$$ holes feel that way.

You have never left the backwoods then.  That is the perception, and anyone who tells you different is just trying to be nice to you.  If it's so great, why could we not even get the A&M coach here.  You need to step outside in the real world for a while.  I live here and love it here, but perception is reality and perception of Arkansas is backwoods, KKK and pregnant, with a splash of Bill Clinton.

That surely might be the perception by some outside the state--especially if not educated.  NWA is one of the wealthiest, fastest-growing regions in the country (and has been for years).  I, like you, and others hate that perception, and it'll take a long time to change.  I have a theory that if you were to draw a diagonal line from Texarkana northeast through Hot Springs and Little Rock and on through Jonesboro, everything north of that line is like a totally different state--generally beautiful, affluent, educated, etc.  Everything south of that line is, well, pretty much West Mississippi or North Louisiana--take your pick--and the part of the state that screws us perception-wise.  That's why we have to try to keep improving the Delta region.  Maybe we'll get one of those friggin' car plants one of these days.  Oh well, now I'm totally ranting, so I'll shut up before the rest of you pummel me mercilessly (but feel free anyway, maybe it would knock some sense into me).  :)

Melhog

Well if he turned us down, we didn't want him anyway, right??  We only offer the guys that really want to be hogs.  SARCASM

MrsPiggy

Personally, I say we do a reality show a la American Idol.  We pick 10 finalists and they each have to coach and recruit over a series of weeks.  Each week, the American public gets to vote off a coach.  Great publicity for the UofA and we'd get some advertising/licensing revenue to pay for the salary.

Prosciutto

Let's hire Dickey Nutt, then we can forget the Hogs and become ASU Indian fans. There are no coaches out there, that would come to U of A, and improve over Heath.

weresoclose

Quote from: GotPig? on March 30, 2007, 12:35:36 pm

That surely might be the perception by some outside the state--especially if not educated.  NWA is one of the wealthiest, fastest-growing regions in the country (and has been for years).  I, like you, and others hate that perception, and it'll take a long time to change.  I have a theory that if you were to draw a diagonal line from Texarkana northeast through Hot Springs and Little Rock and on through Jonesboro, everything north of that line is like a totally different state--generally beautiful, affluent, educated, etc.  Everything south of that line is, well, pretty much West Mississippi or North Louisiana--take your pick--and the part of the state that screws us perception-wise.  That's why we have to try to keep improving the Delta region.  Maybe we'll get one of those friggin' car plants one of these days.  Oh well, now I'm totally ranting, so I'll shut up before the rest of you pummel me mercilessly (but feel free anyway, maybe it would knock some sense into me).  :)

Unfortunately, Arkansas is so irrelevant to the rest of the country, that even the educated people don't hardly know where Arkansas is on the map.  They have no idea about NWA (where there's still very little to do, BTW), and they have no idea about the natural beauty.  I'm dead serious.  I have traveled more than anyone I know, worked traveling and travel for pleasure every chance I get, and I can tell you with all honesty that we are viewed as worse, much worse, than Mississippi.  It's true.  Like it or not it's true.

WilsonHog

Given your attitude, and your professed love for the state, please do all of us a favor and move away.

weresoclose

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 30, 2007, 12:51:08 pm

Given your attitude, and your professed love for the state, please do all of us a favor and move away.

It takes people with open eyes to have vision to change something.  If you do not have that, then you are not making a positive difference.  Unless you just want to keep the status quo, which puts us last or almost last in every positive category.  Sorry that the truth is hard to swallow, but I grew up here, I have left the area and been ALL OVER THIS WORLD, and the perception is not good.  Internationally all they know is Bill Clinton.  In this country all they know is Bill Clinton and barefoot and pregnant.  Sorry to have to break that to you.

mtpockets

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 30, 2007, 12:26:07 pm
I will take Majerus for 3 years.

Majerus was hired by Iowa.  Supposed to be announced soon.

WADHOG

Who cares what other people think about us??  I got over the Arkansas perception a long time ago.  No matter what happens here, it will never change.  Let them keep cramming into those studio apartments for two grand a month, and I'll keep pissing off my back porch.

MGCAPRI

BCG--out
Majerus--hired by Iowa
Calipari--not going anywhere
Donovan---would be nuts to go anywhere he has his own dynasty
Kruger--is a no-his son is there playing for him so no way he leaves for 2 years
Tubby-- hired at MN
Self---would take really big money and then still 50/50
Floyd--very doubtful has the #1 player coming in and likes it at USC
Izzo--is a big no--especially after firing Heath ( one of his guys )
Anderson--not a single chance with Broyles still here and even then doubtful

You are pretty much left with several good mid-majors now and if the right choice is made that is not a bad move. They would still be very hungry for achievement. But, you would need one that plays an aggressive strategy not one like Stan used and there are several mentioned that use that kind of strategy.

WilsonHog

Quote from: weresoclose on March 30, 2007, 12:55:21 pm
Quote from: WilsonHog on March 30, 2007, 12:51:08 pm

It takes people with open eyes to have vision to change something.  If you do not have that, then you are not making a positive difference.  Unless you just want to keep the status quo, which puts us last or almost last in every positive category.  Sorry that the truth is hard to swallow, but I grew up here, I have left the area and been ALL OVER THIS WORLD, and the perception is not good.  Internationally all they know is Bill Clinton.  In this country all they know is Bill Clinton and barefoot and pregnant.  Sorry to have to break that to you.

No problem.

You just strike me as a complete ass, and I wanted to point that out.

Carry on.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

WADHOG

I believe your mind will be changed in the next week.  Many people would like to coach here.  Major college coaches didn't get their jobs by making decisions off the cuff. 

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: MGCAPRI on March 30, 2007, 01:08:49 pm
BCG--out
Majerus--hired by Iowa
Kruger--is a no-his son is there playing for him so no way he leaves for 2 years
Tubby-- hired at MN

You are pretty much left with several good mid-majors now and if the right choice is made that is not a bad move. They would still be very hungry for achievement. But, you would need one that plays an aggressive strategy not one like Stan used and there are several mentioned that use that kind of strategy.
Which leaves the perfect choice.  Anthony Grant!

Lanlord

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on March 30, 2007, 01:55:40 pm
Quote from: MGCAPRI on March 30, 2007, 01:08:49 pm
BCG--out
Majerus--hired by Iowa
Tubby-- hired at MN

Which leaves the perfect choice.  Anthony Grant!

I'll second that.

King of the Burbs

Quote from: weresoclose on March 30, 2007, 12:47:19 pm

Unfortunately, Arkansas is so irrelevant to the rest of the country, that even the educated people don't hardly know where Arkansas is on the map.  They have no idea about NWA (where there's still very little to do, BTW), and they have no idea about the natural beauty.  I'm dead serious.  I have traveled more than anyone I know, worked traveling and travel for pleasure every chance I get, and I can tell you with all honesty that we are viewed as worse, much worse, than Mississippi.  It's true.  Like it or not it's true.

Honestly, we don't care where you've been, but I've got a suggestion about where you can go.....

Hollywood_HOGan

Masshog

You know, what Ive found living out of state and traveling over most of the country is that you get what attitude back that you give... if you go out and act like a damn backwoods hick.... well you get the point.  Anyway, my experiances have been pretty much the opposite. Not that it doesn't drive me nuts when almost everyone asks first about Clinton and when that topic is exhausted Walmart.  When sports come up, we aren't viewed as a super power, but we are certainly respected. 

If the perception of this state is so bad, why do so many Arkansans end with great careers.  In my company alone, the next CEO is from West Helena and one of our top IT people is from Texarkana.     

Anyway, just my opinion. 
My feets hurt.

xocox

We will have a hard time getting a top notch coach. those type coaches know what is going on in the papers and boards. Why come here and be second guessed and judged by the vocal minority.

xocox

wereso, hardly. we have the worlds largest company, ex-president, natural beauty, largest trucking companies in the world. largest food company in the nation. anyone that has been here knows the truth. I've travelled more than you. All around the world and nation for over 30 years. The ones that have never been here or know about it may have a suspect opinion but the ones who have been here or know the truth think it's top notch. It's been one of the fastest going places in the nation for 15 years. Like it or not your just wrong.

hawaiianhogster

I could be wrong but we won't know anything until after this weekend.

xocox

What do your opinions matter anyway. After we have hired a coach you will know. Speculation, rumors, talking bad about the AD or Football coach makes good coaches look elsewhere. Any coach worth his salt will do homework if he doesn't already know. They don't care about Gus and mitch. An experienced coach has seen players leave. They do see and care about a vocal minority skewering a coach that won 10 straight and the SEC West ring. Why on earth would you walk into a pit of vipers.

Fatty McGee

Can you tell me where I can view the SEC West trophy?  I've been itching to see this monument to our success.  Or maybe the Capital One Bowl runner up trophy?  That would also suffice.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

imtad16

for now I have given up on people and their sources

DTA38

Quote from: imtad16 on March 30, 2007, 06:53:40 pm
for now I have given up on people and their sources

Probably the smartest move.  Everybody needs to quit touching the stove that already burned them

Arkiebrian

We're dealing with rumors and speculation here which is what we've mostly been going on all week.  Now that all the respective parties are in Atlanta it's tougher for the stories to leak out, it seems like.

I've seen nor heard nothing solid about any new offers/rejections.

Arkiebrian

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on March 30, 2007, 05:56:37 pm
I could be wrong but we won't know anything until after this weekend.

There's the truth...

Blue35

HardCore

I give up!!!  We have crap for a football coach and we are going end up with crap for BBall!!!  Cyanide Please.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

coolhog

I hope Frank isnt drunk in Atlanta and offering the job to whoever walks by his hotel door!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: TorsinAHog on March 30, 2007, 11:03:01 am
Ive learned that hogville "sources" mean nothing.  Sorry Drake.  

and which one's have been on the money thus far TorsinAHog?
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ndhog

Hogville "sources" are the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth......NOT! 
Just like, BG was coming (some members guaranteed it), Nutt is gone, etc etc.
I'm sick of seeing this false info on MMQ.  This should go in the rumors forum. 

cityhog

I can't believe we were going after Florida's old coach. 

GotPig?

Quote from: xocox on March 30, 2007, 05:55:20 pm

wereso, hardly. we have the worlds largest company, ex-president, natural beauty, largest trucking companies in the world. largest food company in the nation. anyone that has been here knows the truth. I've travelled more than you. All around the world and nation for over 30 years. The ones that have never been here or know about it may have a suspect opinion but the ones who have been here or know the truth think it's top notch. It's been one of the fastest going places in the nation for 15 years. Like it or not your just wrong.

Preach on, my friend!  The part about being viewed as much worse than Mississippi is a hoot.  Where has this globetrotting genius been travelling so much?  Hattiesburg and Jackson?  (Incidentally, I think that anyone who has spent much time in northern Louisiana would agree that even Mississippi gets a bad wrap.  Armpit, USA.)

Pork Twain

Surprising that ESPN has not heard about all of these coaches that have turned us down and made fun of us like everyone did Bama
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Slacker

Quote from: TorsinAHog on March 30, 2007, 11:03:01 am
Ive learned that hogville "sources" mean nothing.  Sorry Drake.   

true dat.

Pork Twain

Lucky for us that Lon turned us down so we could offer Cal
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/