Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vincent Hunter's Comments

Started by Hank351, March 26, 2007, 08:06:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogsSon46

Quote from: BartIV on March 26, 2007, 09:07:41 pm
Fox 16 just said he did say he was glad Stan was gone. Will this hurt him in Arkansas now?

He didn't say he was glad Stan was gone, he said when he heard about it he really didn't care that he was fired. He prefaced that with saying that he felt he was a good player and that he felt like he should be playing more than 0 minutes. I personally don't think he was that great at all, but I respect him for speaking his mind and not just going with the "PC" answer. We all know Stan was a good guy, but he wasn't getting the job done and needed to go.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: HogsSon46 on March 27, 2007, 10:15:42 am
Quote from: BartIV on March 26, 2007, 09:07:41 pm
Fox 16 just said he did say he was glad Stan was gone. Will this hurt him in Arkansas now?

He didn't say he was glad Stan was gone, he said when he heard about it he really didn't care that he was fired. He prefaced that with saying that he felt he was a good player and that he felt like he should be playing more than 0 minutes. I personally don't think he was that great at all, but I respect him for speaking his mind and not just going with the "PC" answer. We all know Stan was a good guy, but he wasn't getting the job done and needed to go.
As does 2-year-pass Nutt.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

joshog

As far as I'm concerned with that attitude he can go out of state...anyone who says "I know how good of a player I am and when I didn't get the playing time I wanted, that turned me off to the Coach" probably isn't much of a team player anyway. 
    Allot of people gave MM and the others a hard time because their parents supposedly complained about the same thing and it wound up being a big deal...but when it comes straight from the horses mouth like with this kid we say let him alone? 

HogPsych

I though he made a real jerk of himself, he is a D-2 player and wouldn't play for any coach.  Eat something already and stop turning the ball over....

mattfromhuntsville

Who cares what Hunter thinks, HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!  Stan did the right thing by keeping him on the bench. 

SteelShot

Quote from: PBD on March 26, 2007, 08:32:59 pm
Quote from: razorback121 on March 26, 2007, 08:12:47 pm
He basically said that he wasn't sad to hear Stan was gone.  When asked why, his response was that he thought he should have gotten more playing time this year.
Hunter might need to learn how to play D-I basketball, then he will see more playing time.

My thoughts exactly.  Hunter looks liek a disaster waiting to happen when he is on the floor. 
"Dorothy Mantooth is a Saint!"

hog golf

wonder what the next coach will think of those comments? what a classless act. i support the firing but would have a hard time making a statement detrimental to a man who had just lost his job. especially if i was a player for him. it just points to the problem that the team had,  no respect and no discipline. i have a feeling that will change with the new hire, whoever he (or she) is.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

razorsharp96

watching him play B-Ball is like watching a baby giraffe with roller skates on playing basketball on a sheet of ice. He is on his back more than a hooker from Asher & University.
"I don't create controversies. They're there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention."  ~ Charles Barkley

tbhogfan

Vincent has worked his way to the end of the bench. 

He is not without talent, but the bottom line is that there are several good players ahead of him for playing time.  He may find out that the new coach has a shorter bench and less tolerance for underachievers than Stan did.
Go Hogs!

HogsSon46

Quote from: joshog on March 27, 2007, 10:27:22 am
As far as I'm concerned with that attitude he can go out of state...anyone who says "I know how good of a player I am and when I didn't get the playing time I wanted, that turned me off to the Coach" probably isn't much of a team player anyway. 
    Allot of people gave MM and the others a hard time because their parents supposedly complained about the same thing and it wound up being a big deal...but when it comes straight from the horses mouth like with this kid we say let him alone? 

If your a true competitor your going to be confidant in your skills and always want more playing time. I'm not a VH fan at all, but I can respect him for voicing his opinion.

PMP11

Quote from: HogsSon46 on March 27, 2007, 12:05:56 pm

If your a true competitor your going to be confidant in your skills and always want more playing time. I'm not a VH fan at all, but I can respect him for voicing his opinion.

Wow, that statement sure contradicts everything you've said about DW.  Why don't you respect him for taking his skills somewhere that the coach will utilize them.  Plus, he did not bad mouth the coach.  Also, I'm not surprised that you respect VH for voicing his opinion.

HogsSon46

Quote from: PMP11 on March 27, 2007, 12:50:24 pm

Wow, that statement sure contradicts everything you've said about DW.  Why don't you respect him for taking his skills somewhere that the coach will utilize them.  Plus, he did not bad mouth the coach.  Also, I'm not surprised that you respect VH for voicing his opinion.
Wow, this guy just follows me all over this site.
VH was talking for himself, he didn't have his parents go to the coach or AD and complain about PT, DW did. VH was just voicing his opinion on the situation at hand...what were his feelings when he heard coach Heath was fired? 2 totally different situations, but nice try. Any by the way, VH waited till after the season, not in the middle of the season...like someones parents.
Maybe VH should have just not dressed out for the NCAA game and then transferred to another school..run away from his problems. Wow, that sounds real familiar didn't someone do that on our football team?

Hog in MO

Quote from: booogaga on March 26, 2007, 08:11:20 pm
it was obvious there was a problem. i will be curious how many other players current and old come out of the woodwork.

The problem was that VH got a scholarship.  He is Lee Wilson Lite.  But at least Lee could dunk with authority and run down the court without tripping on air. 

PMP11

Quote from: HogsSon46 on March 27, 2007, 12:57:44 pm

VH was talking for himself, he didn't have his parents go to the coach or AD and complain about PT, DW did. VH was just voicing his opinion on the situation at hand...what were his feelings when he heard coach Heath was fired? 2 totally different situations, but nice try. Any by the way, VH waited till after the season, not in the middle of the season...like someones parents.
Maybe VH should have just not dressed out for the NCAA game and then transferred to another school..run away from his problems. Wow, that sounds real familiar didn't someone do that on our football team?

Yep, I just keep following you.  You bring such great insight that I must read everything you post.  You back everything with solid facts, enlightening opinion, very mature, your the son of a hog, etc.  Yeah, I wish we had more Vincent Hunter's, you know, guys that play hard, have skills, are true team players, like to speak their mind, all SEC, I could go on and on.

Speaking your mind is one thing, saying you don't care that your coach just got canned b/c you should have had more minutes, wow, that's the kind of guy I want playing for the hogs.

d1nonlyhogfan

Sounds like that someone took the high road. Instead, VH is basically telling the future coach that he expects to play, whether he works for it or not. Show me where any football players who transferred even implied that.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

HogsSon46

Quote from: PMP11 on March 27, 2007, 01:09:40 pm

Yep, I just keep following you.  You bring such great insight that I must read everything you post.  You back everything with solid facts, enlightening opinion, very mature, your the son of a hog, etc.  Yeah, I wish we had more Vincent Hunter's, you know, guys that play hard, have skills, are true team players, like to speak their mind, all SEC, I could go on and on.

Speaking your mind is one thing, saying you don't care that your coach just got canned b/c you should have had more minutes, wow, that's the kind of guy I want playing for the hogs.

Your right PMP11, he should have just said he's glad Heaths gone b/c they werent winning games with him...or would that be too harsh also even though its the truth

hogmary

I have only read a few of the posts on this thread, so forgive me if I am repeating something already said.
I watched the interview with Vincent Hunter on tv yesterday.  He said nothing bad about Heath.  He answered several direct questions and said that he wanted what was best for the program and if that meant Heath had to be fired, that was okay.  He made the comment about not liking his playing time in response to a direct question about how it affected him personally.  Even Ervin, who is and should be a Heath fan, said that he understood why he was fired...declining attendance and fan interest as they started losing.  Everyone I know has questioned Heath's personnel decisions over his tenure here...I wondered all season why Welsh wasn't getting more playing time and why we gave Washington a scholarship to play one minute every 6th or 7th game (until the end of the season).  Vincent Hunter grew up in Arkansas and knows what the Razorback program should be...I am sure that affected what he said.  He is a good rebounder and a streaky scorer who can hit the 3.  He has had injury problems ever since he's been here.  I doubt that there is anyone on an athletic scholarship who is happy about sitting on the bench.  Give the kid a break and stay off his back.

HogsSon46

Quote from: hogmary on March 27, 2007, 03:36:16 pm
I have only read a few of the posts on this thread, so forgive me if I am repeating something already said.
I watched the interview with Vincent Hunter on tv yesterday.  He said nothing bad about Heath.  He answered several direct questions and said that he wanted what was best for the program and if that meant Heath had to be fired, that was okay.  He made the comment about not liking his playing time in response to a direct question about how it affected him personally.  Even Ervin, who is and should be a Heath fan, said that he understood why he was fired...declining attendance and fan interest as they started losing.  Everyone I know has questioned Heath's personnel decisions over his tenure here...I wondered all season why Welsh wasn't getting more playing time and why we gave Washington a scholarship to play one minute every 6th or 7th game (until the end of the season).  Vincent Hunter grew up in Arkansas and knows what the Razorback program should be...I am sure that affected what he said.  He is a good rebounder and a streaky scorer who can hit the 3.  He has had injury problems ever since he's been here.  I doubt that there is anyone on an athletic scholarship who is happy about sitting on the bench.  Give the kid a break and stay off his back.

Thank you, finally somebody speaking the truth!

LZH

Quote from: razorsharp96 on March 27, 2007, 11:18:22 am
watching him play B-Ball is like watching a baby giraffe with roller skates on playing basketball on a sheet of ice. He is on his back more than a hooker from Asher & University.

Hey, that's a great place for a lonely man to meet nice girls...I'm always in a good mood aren't I?