• 385,061 Topics
• 21,565 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 369   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 730677 times)

tasteslikechicken

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Razorback Stadium Game Day Experience
« Reply #18100 on: September 10, 2017, 04:39:26 pm »

Our row won a Raising Canes gift card so that part of my experience was pretty fantastic. If Jeff Long was a boxer his name would be Jeff "Mo Money" Long.

Hawgphish

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #18101 on: September 10, 2017, 04:42:50 pm »

They need to go to Starkville to see how it is done.  As much as that pains me to say, they have a very good game day experience. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18102 on: September 10, 2017, 04:46:13 pm »

The change to Levy wasn't any better, and the concession lines were ridiculous long and slow. I didn't go during any game time, but several around did, and missed 1/2 quarter minimum.

Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Semi-retired Eponymous Mod Accountability Manager
« Reply #18103 on: September 10, 2017, 04:52:05 pm »

Based on yesterday it appears Vold Vision has outbid Petit Jean Meats. The end is nigh.

Well, losing Petit Jean Meats as a sponsor is like losing an in-state 5 star. If there's no Petit Jean Meats sponsorship, we've indeed hit a new low. Might be time to find a safe room and settle in for the long haul.

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #18104 on: September 10, 2017, 05:15:13 pm »

I really don't give a darn. I won't be going anymore until they change.

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #18105 on: September 10, 2017, 05:17:03 pm »

1. Traffic flow terrible again. It took 30+ minutes to get from the ticket office at Baum to the stoplight by Chick-fil-a on MLK.

2. I echo the complaints about concessions. Super slow and the lines prevent any kind of traffic flow through the club area. I couldn't bring myself to try the food. I will say adding lids and straws to the drinks was very welcome.

3. How long are we going to recycle the late Pat Summerall pregame hype video?

4. Did the band play at any time other than halftime? I seriously never heard them any other time.

5. All the ads the UA runs during games make me NOT want to give those businesses my money. I want to be entertained for my dollar. If games are going to be endless commercials, I'll give up my seats and skip the commercials at home on the DVR.

6. If you're in the South outdoor club and are male, take your ticket and walk over to the West side stands when you need to take a leak. Those bathrooms never have lines. The club folks will let you right back in with your ticket. You're welcome!

N HOG

« Reply #18106 on: September 10, 2017, 05:26:09 pm »

The concession lines were absurdly long. Who made the decision to have no in-stands vendors?

I TOTALLY agree the Starkville fan experience is much better.

I HATE all the corporate shilling.

Your comment about the third-down audio meaning the other team is about to make a first down is classic.

Simple Swineman

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18107 on: September 10, 2017, 05:27:10 pm »

4. Did the band play at any time other than halftime? I seriously never heard them any other time.

This has always been one of my biggest in stadium "atmosphere" complaints. Because of where the band is located if, and only if, you are sitting DIRECTLY across from the band you will never hear them. Meaning that unless you are in the south endzone or in sections 101-102 then you don't even realize the band ever plays. You can faintly hear them on other sections of the west side, but if you are on the east side or upper deck then you can't ever hear them. Terrible acoustics that has never been addressed.

Look at other stadiums such as LSU, Tennessee, Bama, etc. They have the bands placed at an angle or up high so that the sound is maximized throughout the stadium instead of just the back of the endzone. I was hoping that when the stadium renovations were planned they would put in a section for the band in the north endzone or in the northeast corner where the standing room area will be. I know the placement of the band is not a high priority, but it's something that actually makes a big difference in the stadium atmosphere.

longpig

• contrarian extraordinaire
« Reply #18108 on: September 10, 2017, 05:39:21 pm »

Don't have season tickets this year mainly because we're 2k miles from Fayetteville.  We probably wouldn't have gotten them again this season anyway partly because the home schedule isn't that great but mainly because the band, audio/video all seems scripted, regardless what's happening on the field.  The band was going to play friggin 'Judy'  and whatever else X number of times at certain times whether we were up, down or neck and neck and the juvenile video of players dancing around was going to be on the scoreboard.  The place is losing it's soul.

trippigs

« Reply #18109 on: September 10, 2017, 05:42:05 pm »

During the game I could not tell it was any louder with the new north end. However, we sit in the south end and the music seemed to reverberate off the north end before the place filled up. Hope it is better when construction is complete. Oh yeah.....TCU traveled as well as any team i have seen in Fayetteville.

majestic

« Reply #18110 on: September 10, 2017, 05:43:51 pm »

I'll go to one or two games each year now, just to hang with friends at their tailgate. Gave up my season tickets in 2006, I think. I used to love the game day experience. We always had an awesome tailgate in the pit. TVs, kegs, food. The no reentry policy is what really killed it for me. Being able to go out to the tailgate and eat, drink, smoke (when I used to) at the half was great. I just don't really like being held hostage in the stadium for $6 beers and ** food. If I'm not invited to a box, I don't go anymore. I pee more than I used to and just don't care for the non-stop ads.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #18111 on: September 10, 2017, 05:44:34 pm »

They need to go to Starkville to see how it is done.  As much as that pains me to say, they have a very good game day experience. 

Have to concur.  Went to the game last year and they keep it going.  Do a great job with keeping fans involved and keeping it upbeat.  Was a great game day experience inside and out.  The lines were manageable as well.

orvillesghost

• Senior
  • Turn left at Greenland..
« Reply #18112 on: September 10, 2017, 06:17:18 pm »

I am not going to quit going to games but I can only echo was most have said here.

The constant playing of *music?* during breaks irritates me to no end. If you have to do something, let the band play.

I try not to patronize ANY business advertised during the game if I can help it at all and the constant shilling makes me want to puke. I also hate all the idiotic *lucky row, tailgate winners, etc* that you have to put up with.

I always have a secret hope there will be a power failure so the Jumbotrons will not function at all.

Oh for the days when we just had a PA announcer, a simple scoreboard and they gave CFB scores at halftime.

peakhog

• Hogvillian
  • I have been to the mountain top!
« Reply #18113 on: September 10, 2017, 06:35:52 pm »

Started off the game day experience being held captive on the shuttle bus. We ride up from The Gardens to Gate 8. Bus stops at Gate 1 no problem. We get to Gate 8 and the remainder of our bus is ready to exit. We stop for 3 minutes to let pedestrian traffic cross. She won't let us out. Next stop Gate 15! WTH! We plead with her to no avail. We have some very elderly folks that took the bus for a reason. Let out at Gate 15/Student instance then get to walk all the way around to Gate 8. My first call in the morning will be to UA Transit.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #18114 on: September 10, 2017, 06:38:22 pm »

Comment #1. I am a long time gate 16 ticket holder. Those long lines for students are there every year. I believe athletic department does not care about getting students in on time or they would have fixed it 10 years ago.

#2  new vendor can't plan any better than old vendor. I had choice of standing in long line for $4 bottle of warm water or just drink from water fountain. I went with free choice.

Prediction.  First cold weather game they will run out of any hot coffee or hot chocolate before half time.  Book it!!!

gangstaback

• Varsity
« Reply #18115 on: September 10, 2017, 06:41:52 pm »

3. The stadium experience is mind numbling-ly corporate now.

4. To DJ JazzyJeffLong or whomever is in charge of stadium audio: when our defense is facing a third down, donít REPEATEDLY play this yearís canned ďITíS THIRD DOWN!Ē audio or AC/DCís ďHellís BellsĒ or similar single audio

Jeff Long, get on your knees and thank Frank Broyles for our rich SEC television contract because ticket sales will decrease over the next ten years if you keep this up.

None of this has changed in the last 10 years. Just saying .. .I don't like Jeff Long one bit --- but the stadium experience has been weak, the band irrelevant, and the ads overwhelming for a while.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #18116 on: September 10, 2017, 06:42:43 pm »

I cannot believe our corporate money grabbing ad, has killed the game day atmosphere

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #18117 on: September 10, 2017, 06:44:04 pm »

Side note on treatment of students. A lot of students left at half time and students from upper deck moved to lower bowl. Landmark had cops remove them cuz they didn't have right color wrist band. I heard cop apologise to students as he was doing it. Very ** in my opinion.

PorkRyan

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #18118 on: September 10, 2017, 06:47:07 pm »

From 1998 through 2012 I missed about 5 games.  My gameday experience yesterday was ribs, sausages, meatballs, gouda mac and cheese and Sculpin as my beer of choice.  I had three TV's on in our movie room.  I don't know if I will ever go to a Razorback game again. 

ImHogginIt

« Reply #18119 on: September 10, 2017, 06:58:29 pm »

Go to a SEC road game, there's something at every commercial break, or dang near it. You don't want to hear the in stadium promotions, then tell the league to cut back on the TV commercials, of course, that will cost you somewhere, lol.

If fans wanted to listen to commercials they would stay home and watch on TV. We attend games because we enjoy the pageantry. We get little of that now thanks to whores like Jeff Long.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18120 on: September 10, 2017, 07:10:10 pm »

If fans wanted to listen to commercials they would stay home and watch on TV. We attend games because we enjoy the pageantry. We get little of that now thanks to whores like Jeff Long.

There weren't too many commercials during the game on the big screens, it's recognizing the Women's track team, have Bobby Portis lead a Hog Call, recognize the F-18 pilots, recognize a local veteran, etc......I remember the helmet shuffle or whatever they call it, not much else.

As far as the band, I sit in 217, they played a lot, but then again, I can see them. The ushers weren't stopping people from bringing beer in cups to the stands, they just smiled as those walked by.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18121 on: September 10, 2017, 07:23:52 pm »

I'm in 218.  The only complaint I had was the water was warm.  Not refrigerated at all.  Bad combination if you aren't selling diet coke or diet dr pepper.

The amount of commercials over the PA system was ideal.

I brought my drink over after eating in the EIC, it lasted the game. My youngest stood in line all of halftime to get a drink, it was ridiculous. I didn't tailgate, so my group went up early to try out the new concessions, meh, about the same. The only redeeming factor was they were free, I was second in line and the credit card machine was down, the head Levy guy was there and was giving away the meals, he said it wasn't his fault the internet was down. I told the lady in front of me that the 6 meals between us will get back to Long, expect a bill in the mail.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #18122 on: September 10, 2017, 09:08:01 pm »

Been there done that..........Nothng but a bunch of lazy cowbell ringers.

Noonan

• Varsity
  • Latitude adjustment.
« Reply #18123 on: September 10, 2017, 10:16:14 pm »

The concession lines were absurdly long. Who made the decision to have no in-stands vendors?

I TOTALLY agree the Starkville fan experience is much better.

I HATE all the corporate shilling.

Your comment about the third-down audio meaning the other team is about to make a first down is classic.

The concessions were absurd.  The lines for the concession stands on the west side upper level were so long that the line from one concession stand stretched all the way to the other and vice versa.  Folks in front of me left mid 1st quarter for drinks and got back just before halftime.  As others said, no one selling drinks in the stands, etc.   Finally went all the way down to the concourse thinking it was isolated problem ... the concessions on the lower level were just as bad or worse, and some had run out of food entirely.  Finally gave up and left stadium to get something and listened to the rest on the radio.

New concession vendor has a lot of work to do before the next home game.  We don't need 47 options of sandwiches and fancy items, we just need to be able to get something to eat and drink and not miss half the game.

Cassperr

• Senior
  • GO HOGS!!!
« Reply #18124 on: September 10, 2017, 10:56:40 pm »

i agree with this!  basic concession needs and nothing else.  I will say I appreciate the powerade prices of only $3 I grabbed a few in the first qtr and they lasted me all game.  I was in 504 and had several people leave for concessions, come back 30 minutes later empty hande

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #18125 on: September 10, 2017, 11:09:55 pm »

Makes sense. Their fans certainly aren't being entertained by the football team.

ND

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18126 on: September 11, 2017, 09:18:59 am »

I haven't been to a game on the hill since 2007 or so (I live in LR).  I had heard it was a little ridiculous, but reading this makes me miss the 80's and 90's War Memorial even more.

N

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #18127 on: September 11, 2017, 09:35:24 am »

It sad to tell you all that this nonsense gotten down to HS games in Texas with  Barton Builders 1st down, a Mission Hospice TD
etc.  Money Whoring is ruining the game on all levels.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #18128 on: September 11, 2017, 10:12:13 am »

Im tired of hearing the band opening the game with the same song and dance, same songs during the game in the same order, and the exact same halftime performances for YEARS. Lets change it up a bit. New songs come out everyday
Also, if I see that jack links "find the sasquatch" promotion one more time I swear  >:(

razorcash2

• Senior
« Reply #18129 on: September 11, 2017, 10:14:08 am »

Well, losing Petit Jean Meats as a sponsor is like losing an in-state 5 star. If there's no Petit Jean Meats sponsorship, we've indeed hit a new low. Might be time to find a safe room and settle in for the long haul.

Worse than losing Coke products.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18130 on: September 11, 2017, 10:15:45 am »

I've never been to a razorback game outside of Arkansas (except 1 bowl game), but will be travelling to the A&M game. Im interested to see other fans gameday traditions and in game celebrations.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18131 on: September 11, 2017, 10:19:40 am »

I've never been to a razorback game outside of Arkansas (except 1 bowl game), but will be travelling to the A&M game. Im interested to see other fans gameday traditions and in game celebrations.

aTm game isn't a normal home game for either team.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #18132 on: September 11, 2017, 10:26:26 am »

Just a few comments about the in-stadium game experience this past TCU game weekend:

1. The student line to get in the stadium was long and slow. Over half were seated by kickoff but many did not get in until the end of the first quarter. There was insufficient staff to handle the student access. This is a university. Take care of the students who want to show up.

2. I grabbed a coke on the way to my seat and I didn’t need anything after that. That’s good because once the game started the concession lines were longer than ever seen before. They ran out of bottled water on a warm day. For the first time in memory, there were zero vendors walking the aisles. I understand the concessions contract changed since last year. Note to new vendor: having a sufficient supply of cold bottled water on a warm day is more important than offering turkey legs. It’s not that hard; just check last year’s September game receipts to see how many concessions of each type were sold and have at least that much on hand.

3. The stadium experience is mind numbling-ly corporate now. Too often the whole stadium has to listen to promos for Suzy Everett Chevrolet, Raising Cane’s, Pepsi, Pringles, blah blah blah or give away a plaque to a millionaire for supporting the Razorbacks. Total vibe killer followed by polite golf applause. Vold Vision has a giveaway to a single fan but the other 74,999 in attendance have to hear about it. I wear earbuds. The Razorback band or canned music would be better. Jeff Long will sell YOUR soul to a sponsor.

4. To DJ JazzyJeffLong or whomever is in charge of stadium audio: when our defense is facing a third down, don’t REPEATEDLY play this year’s canned “IT’S THIRD DOWN!” audio or AC/DC’s “Hell’s Bells” or similar single audio every time. Just choose various fire-up-the-crowd selections because when the other team is 10 for 14 on 3rd down conversions, it is painful enough. I have come to think about it this way: when Hog fans hear that 3rd down canned audio, it means the other team is about to get a first down.

Please note that I am a long time season ticket holder in three sports and the Hogs are my favorite team through good and bad. I am not Mike Irwin and I have never yelled “get off my lawn!” I tend to go with the flow quite well. I want all fans in the stands, even visiting fans, to enjoy themselves. I don’t criticize 18-22 year old college athletes as long as they try hard and are not obnoxious. But I will criticize those who cash checks based on my support. In 2010, Jeff Long introduced the “Answer the Call” campaign whereby football season ticket holders had to double their Razorback Foundation donation in an effort to keep their same seats. I did that. I answered the call. Unfortunately, the athletic department does not hold up their end of the bargain as they are ill equipped to create an enjoyable game experience. They are making a less compelling case to attend games than ever before and they want more money than ever to do it.

Jeff Long, get on your knees and thank Frank Broyles for our rich SEC television contract because ticket sales will decrease over the next ten years if you keep this up.

Thank you and don't pay attention to the Zombie probaganda machine that will attack you with weak responses. You've seen them quickly respond to their hero Jeff Long. They are Jeff Long/Bret B. fans not Arkansas Razorback fans.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #18133 on: September 11, 2017, 10:38:32 am »

This has always been one of my biggest in stadium "atmosphere" complaints. Because of where the band is located if, and only if, you are sitting DIRECTLY across from the band you will never hear them. Meaning that unless you are in the south endzone or in sections 101-102 then you don't even realize the band ever plays. You can faintly hear them on other sections of the west side, but if you are on the east side or upper deck then you can't ever hear them. Terrible acoustics that has never been addressed.

Look at other stadiums such as LSU, Tennessee, Bama, etc. They have the bands placed at an angle or up high so that the sound is maximized throughout the stadium instead of just the back of the endzone. I was hoping that when the stadium renovations were planned they would put in a section for the band in the north endzone or in the northeast corner where the standing room area will be. I know the placement of the band is not a high priority, but it's something that actually makes a big difference in the stadium atmosphere.
wanna know how low of a priority it  is? I called into the old Marty Houston show at lunch one day during the last renovation and asked if there were any plans to move the band from 111 to somewhere else in the stadium. I suggested 116 or 117 because i thought it would be funny to stick the opposing visitors in section 111. Well, there was no plan in place, and later Marty told me he told Frank what I suggested and Frank said, "Lets do it". So, Pig in the freakin Pokey called that play, brother, so obviously admin didnt give a rip about band placement, sadly. I take full responsibility for it not working as well as I had hoped.

oldhog63

• Varsity
« Reply #18134 on: September 11, 2017, 10:49:28 am »

I don't know what the hold up was on the east side, but it took 30+ minutes to get through the gates into the stadium. I know many people missed the start of the game. Generally, I head to the stadium from my tailgate about 30-40 minutes before kick-off. I will have allow much more time the next game.

MAGA45

• Band Nerd
« Reply #18135 on: September 11, 2017, 11:07:36 am »

Left my seat once to use restroom with about 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, concession lines were halftime length.  The folks next to me were gone the whole 3rd quarter getting a nasty looking piece of pizza.  Friends of mine in outdoor club said they were out of cold beer at the end of the 1st quarter and still selling $7 beers hot.  Another I spoke to said they were out of popcorn at halftime and of course as others stated, warm bottles of water. 

And how about that cheesy halftime video with a Coldplay song showing the new addition to get fans excited to spend more money.  YAY

AP85

• SEC.....you'll float too......
« Reply #18136 on: September 11, 2017, 11:11:41 am »

Comfy couch. Check.
Cold beer. Check.
Fresh. Good food. Check.
No stinky sweaty people beside me. Check.
Listen to the radio broadcast while watching the game. Check

Not out of any money like the rest of the clowns to listen to the same stupid songs, cheesy "hype" videos, and petite jean ham yodels. Check.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18137 on: September 11, 2017, 11:20:13 am »

Comfy couch. Check.
Cold beer. Check.
Fresh. Good food. Check.
No stinky sweaty people beside me. Check.
Listen to the radio broadcast while watching the game. Check

Not out of any money like the rest of the clowns to listen to the same stupid songs, cheesy "hype" videos, and petite jean ham yodels. Check.

Tailgating with my friends on campus. Check
Cold beer. Check
Walk straight in to stadium and on the elevator. Check
Free food. Check
Sitting with my kids, including the current UofA student. Check
No stinky sweaty people beside me. Check
Enjoying the game day atmosphere you can only get while attending. Check

Getting to write off the vast amount of money spent. Check

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #18138 on: September 11, 2017, 11:26:53 am »

Have to concur.  Went to the game last year and they keep it going.  Do a great job with keeping fans involved and keeping it upbeat.  Was a great game day experience inside and out.  The lines were manageable as well.

Every game we play in Starkville is exciting... that's why. 

If we're worth a shart when Auburn comes to town, it will be amazing how people complement the in-game experience... what a great atmosphere... blah blah blah.

I haven't scrolled that far down, but I look forward to reading the "never have I been so embarrassed in my 39 years of Razorback fandom" comments.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogvillian
« Reply #18139 on: September 11, 2017, 12:02:55 pm »

Left my seat once to use restroom with about 10 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, concession lines were halftime length.  The folks next to me were gone the whole 3rd quarter getting a nasty looking piece of pizza.  Friends of mine in outdoor club said they were out of cold beer at the end of the 1st quarter and still selling $7 beers hot.  Another I spoke to said they were out of popcorn at halftime and of course as others stated, warm bottles of water. 

And how about that cheesy halftime video with a Coldplay song showing the new addition to get fans excited to spend more money.  YAY
That pizza was as nasty as it looked. It was dry and the crust was hard

My wife and I were joking about the music they used in the stadium promo video. It didn't fit the video or the atmosphere of the stadium

AP85

« Reply #18140 on: September 11, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »

Tailgating with my friends on campus. Check
Cold beer. Check
Walk straight in to stadium and on the elevator. Check
Free food. Check
Sitting with my kids, including the current UofA student. Check
No stinky sweaty people beside me. Check
Enjoying the game day atmosphere you can only get while attending. Check

Funny thing is. I had two club seats offered to me with parking pass.

Declined.

showmehogfan

• Walk-On
« Reply #18141 on: September 11, 2017, 12:28:05 pm »

Saturday was first time at a Hog game since the Auburn game two years ago. As someone who lives in the Columbia, MO area, I always tell Tiger fans how bad their game day experience is, but I don't know that I have room to speak.

I find it irritating that the game has started and there are still lots of empty seats as people haven't made it from the tailgate to the game. Are you there to tailgate or watch football? I went to watch Arkansas State at Nebraska last week and I can assure you the stadium was pretty well full for well before the game started. They do a tribute to Frank Broyles before the game and a hog call, but the stands are still half empty.

The overall atmosphere seemed apathetic. The crowd was dead during the game and it looked like a lot of people didn't even bother returning for the second half.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18142 on: September 11, 2017, 12:29:54 pm »

Funny thing is. I had two club seats offered to me with parking pass.

Declined.

To each his own.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #18143 on: September 11, 2017, 12:30:38 pm »

Extremely long concession lines, hot water on a hot day, no vendors walking in the seating areas, bad football being played on the field.

Not a great Saturday...I thought we 'upgraded' concessions w a new vendor? Levi not cutting it!!

Season ticket holder for 10 years - worst game environment I can remember. Crowd wasn't into it and I understand - there wasn't much to be pumped about

AP85

« Reply #18144 on: September 11, 2017, 12:35:37 pm »

Saturday was first time at a Hog game since the Auburn game two years ago. As someone who lives in the Columbia, MO area, I always tell Tiger fans how bad their game day experience is, but I don't know that I have room to speak.

I find it irritating that the game has started and there are still lots of empty seats as people haven't made it from the tailgate to the game. Are you there to tailgate or watch football? I went to watch Arkansas State at Nebraska last week and I can assure you the stadium was pretty well for well before the game started. They do a tribute to Frank Broyles before the game and a hog call, but the stands are still half empty.

The overall atmosphere seemed apathetic. The crowd was dead during the game and it looked like a lot of people didn't even bother returning for the second half.

Sounds like a typical Fayetteville game to me.

There for a Midwest fashion show and not to watch football.

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #18145 on: September 11, 2017, 12:36:17 pm »

Been going to games since 92. Atmosphere used to be Amazing on Gameday. It's been getting very blah each year during the last 5 years.   Even some of the fans don't want you to cheer too loud.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #18146 on: September 11, 2017, 12:37:53 pm »

Extremely long concession lines, hot water on a hot day, no vendors walking in the seating areas, bad football being played on the field.

Not a great Saturday...I thought we 'upgraded' concessions w a new vendor? Levi not cutting it!!

Season ticket holder for 10 years - worst game environment I can remember. Crowd wasn't into it and I understand - there wasn't much to be pumped about

The concessions and lines were horrible, no excuse for that. I knew there would be problems when I kept seeing tweets wanting non-profit groups to man them. Now, they always have in the past, but pleading for help a week out made me believe they would be ill prepared.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Setting the edge since 1960
« Reply #18147 on: September 11, 2017, 12:43:37 pm »

ATU HOG

• Senior
« Reply #18148 on: September 11, 2017, 12:46:40 pm »

When we start competing for a SEC title, the atmosphere will pick up.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #18149 on: September 11, 2017, 12:47:03 pm »

Been going to games since 92. Atmosphere used to be Amazing on Gameday. It's been getting very blah each year during the last 5 years.   Even some of the fans don't want you to cheer too loud.

I kept standing up thinking others behind and around me would stand, too.  Everyone just sat and looked at me like I was blocking their view, so I sat down. Once was when we were on the goal line at the end of third quarter. I kept standing anyway.

And I did feel a little self conscious for yelling so loud. I felt like I was getting the same look the nuns used to give me when I whispered in church.
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 ... 369   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas