Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Been reading heavily on A&M and Kansas boards.. NO ONE thinks highly of Arkansas

Started by polandhog, February 26, 2007, 07:39:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 26, 2007, 07:41:26 pm
Let the Jaws drop when we get a top notch coach in here.  The ones that talk about AR are ones who have never been to our state.  They are morons.
damn right

LJHOG

I've been reading heavily on the Arkansas boards.  Nobody thinks highly of A&M or KU.  After this years seniors leave A&M will be back to .500 team.  And KU, well what kind of cheer is Rock, Chalk, Upchuck??

Jimmy

Quote from: JayhawkHog on February 27, 2007, 07:19:24 pm
Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on February 27, 2007, 10:44:40 am
I can't WAIT until we get self or BG, and those uppity fans jaws drop!

You guys are beyond help.  How long have you had mass delusional schizophrenia? 

I'm going to bump this thread in about a month or two (however long it takes you to hire a coach) and laugh my a$$ off!  And I'm going to invite all my Jayhawk buddies down here to laugh too.

An Aggie comes on here (Catfish, on his "An Aggie" thread), makes an intelligent post and compliments your school and program, and what do you do?  Insult him, call him names, and mock him.  Very classy, Razorbacks.  Hope you get everything you have coming to you.   

Have you read all 67 posts Catfish made in 11 hours?

allyoucaneatbuffet

I'm going to bump this thread in about a month or two (however long it takes you to hire a coach) and laugh my a$$ off!  And I'm going to invite all my Jayhawk buddies down here to laugh too.

An Aggie comes on here (Catfish, on his "An Aggie" thread), makes an intelligent post and compliments your school and program, and what do you do?  Insult him, call him names, and mock him.  Very classy, Razorbacks.  Hope you get everything you have coming to you.  

Just wait jayhwak...

JayhawkHog

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!!!!!

You Piggies are just too much!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOO-OOH!!!!OH-AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

HogginDaze

menehune

fightintexasaggie

Quote from: oldtimerhog on February 26, 2007, 09:39:18 pm
The old timer has never been to Lawrence, but College Station makes Fayetteville seem like heaven on earth.  There is nothing good about College Station or the Aggies Basketball tradition (or lack there of).  A&M can't match us financially either.  If we want BCG, he is ours!

[chuckle]

ryoungku

kuphotos

Altman is the coach that got passed up by 7 schools in the Big 12 that were searching for a head coach. Apparently only a top 3 program in the country like Arkansas had a shot at him.

keybored

As far as College Station goes, there is plenty to do with roughly 40,000 18-22 year olds congregated in one place. Great bar district, parties, concerts, etc..

If you don't like a traditional college town, then I could see your point.

Spiny

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on February 27, 2007, 12:02:03 am
this shud be obvious why they hate us...cos one of them is going to lose their coach...showing our school has more draw...its actually quite hilarious

I cant decide if that's my favorite post here, or if this one is

"I can't WAIT until we get self or BG, and those uppity fans jaws drop!"

Chiefsfan26

I don't know whether I should pity the Arkansas fans who ran with the thought that Self or BG would jump at the Arkansas job or just laugh at them.   :-\

cbjagman

Quote from: polandhog on February 26, 2007, 07:39:27 pm
and everyone thinks any attempt to get BCG or Bill Self are utterly insane.

It's the Patrick Beverely thing all over again... "Wow, i thought it would just be all cows in Fayetteville...."

I used to give campus tours right after the first Walton donation to the business school, and families would Ooo and Aah at the 'smart boards' (new at the time -- chalkboards that basically act as wall-length computers more or less).  some kid from boston was amazed arkansas had these, she had never even seen such thing, to which i replied "this is what $50 million will do"

a decade later, that number is a wee bit higher-- oh yeah, a BILLION raised in 6 years.

Everyone constantly underestimates us -- either we are too small or too poor or too uneducated, or that Nolan was our ONLY success, or that we aren't even CLOSE to being elite (we aren't top 5 but surely top 15)....

College Station is a DUMP.... Lawrence Kansas is a barren WASTELAND.  We have the Ozarks and the Buffalo River and an national airport and 500,000+ people within an hour's drive

....i'm tired of ARKANSANS buying into the inferiority complex that we are 'lil ole arkansas' -- we have final fours in 3 different decades, 4 NBA lottery picks in the last fifteen years, wedged between Texas and Oklahoma and Louisiana and Memphis, and we have billion$ of support -- Rick Shaeffer be danged, we need to buck up and reach for the top!!
I'm sorry but I don't necessarily believe trying to get either was insane. While it obviously didn't work out, I would hope that you won't let the fact that both are big names deter you from trying to hire them. I look at it as trying to go after the best athletes and sign them for your programs. If you don't you'll likely never build a winning program. You have to be willing to risk being rejected. Besides, the old idea of "nothing ventured, nothing gained" certainly applies. I would add one further thought: as far as A & M is concerned they should be extremely flattered. While they certainly have a much improved BB program, they haven't exactly been a storied program over the years. If one checks the records I will GUARANTEE that the Hogs have historically been a far more highly respected basket team over time than the Agonies have ever hoped of being.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

CalHog

Quote from: polandhog on February 26, 2007, 07:39:27 pm
and everyone thinks any attempt to get BCG or Bill Self are utterly insane.

It's the Patrick Beverely thing all over again... "Wow, i thought it would just be all cows in Fayetteville...."

I used to give campus tours right after the first Walton donation to the business school, and families would Ooo and Aah at the 'smart boards' (new at the time -- chalkboards that basically act as wall-length computers more or less).  some kid from boston was amazed arkansas had these, she had never even seen such thing, to which i replied "this is what $50 million will do"

a decade later, that number is a wee bit higher-- oh yeah, a BILLION raised in 6 years.

Everyone constantly underestimates us -- either we are too small or too poor or too uneducated, or that Nolan was our ONLY success, or that we aren't even CLOSE to being elite (we aren't top 5 but surely top 15)....

College Station is a DUMP.... Lawrence Kansas is a barren WASTELAND.  We have the Ozarks and the Buffalo River and an national airport and 500,000+ people within an hour's drive

....i'm tired of ARKANSANS buying into the inferiority complex that we are 'lil ole arkansas' -- we have final fours in 3 different decades, 4 NBA lottery picks in the last fifteen years, wedged between Texas and Oklahoma and Louisiana and Memphis, and we have billion$ of support -- Rick Shaeffer be danged, we need to buck up and reach for the top!!

I have seen a lot of the posters on this board making comments about we couldn't get a good coach.  Who would want to live in Arkansas?  What are these people doing living in Arkansas if they really feel that way.  It is no wonder the rest of the nation looks at us the way they do.

kawhog

I'm not going to get into this mess much, but Lawrence is a very beautiful community.  The campus for sure.  I still love UA's campus a little bit better, but KU's is one of the finer ones around.  As for College Station, umm yeah nice place. lol :S

RedSatinHog

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 26, 2007, 07:41:26 pm
Let the Jaws drop when we get a top notch coach in here.  The ones that talk about AR are ones who have never been to our state.  They are morons.

Wanna re-think that one now?
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

trvlnjhawk

I hate to say...this uppity jayhawk - who is trapped in LR on a consulting project and HATES it - fan's jaw totally dropped when I ready you'd hired a new coach.  Good luck to y'all...I hope Altman works out.

Soooie21

I'm with Mike..who cares what they think, we have our coach....Norv Turner was the Dallas Cowboys 3rd choice for offensive Coord...and he turned out ok...and so did the Cowboys....

Hog_One_Stop

Who cares, we will see who does better in basketball and remember it's Texas A & M.

hawgsav1

TAMU = Texas Assw*** and Morons University.  I hate Texas, but at least I have some respect for them.  However, Texas A&M  has no respect for me.  They're a bunch of loud-mouthed overrated idiots with large pockets and little to show for them.  Some vague football success historically, and only recently have they been able to do anything with the roundball.  Yes they're doing better than us and yes we have been down in the dumps for a while.  However, we will be back and I am sure of it
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb