Scott frost makes a lot more sense for them. Don't trust SDS
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

King Kong

King Kong

Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 28, 2017, 08:48:26 pm
Scott frost makes a lot more sense for them. Don't trust SDS

Why would he not go to Nebraska

The Hawg Marshal

This is going to be a very interesting off season.

AubFaninArk

hotdog hog

I would think they go after Mullen and Stoops.

TNhawgfan

Quote from: King Kong on October 28, 2017, 08:49:03 pm
What, you gonna make me break out it's all about the benjamins? SEC money
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Danimal

No way Florida goes after Norvell -- he's too inexperienced...   ;)

hotdog hog

Neuhesel said a couple of weeks ago that he believes Frost might not want the Nebraska job because he knows they eat their own up there. He is a legend as a player and might not want to try to live up to the expectation of Big Red.

King Kong

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 28, 2017, 08:53:56 pm
No recruiting base.
Quote from: TNhawgfan on October 28, 2017, 08:53:29 pm
What, you gonna make me break out it's all about the benjamins? SEC money

As a Nebraska guy as he is I don't think either of these are legit reasons for him to turn down his school.

And Nebraska money isn't that far off from SEC money.

King Kong

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 28, 2017, 08:56:02 pm
Neuhesel said a couple of weeks ago that he believes Frost might not want the Nebraska job because he knows they eat their own up there. He is a legend as a player and might not want to try to live up to the expectation of Big Red.

Maybe. But if you are a competitor do you think about going and failing? Especially at a place with as much traditional as Nebraska?

The Hogfather

Quote from: Danimal on October 28, 2017, 08:54:07 pm
No way Florida goes after Norvell -- he's too inexperienced...   ;)

Yeah, maybe they'll go after a guy like Muschamp again.  Seems to have worked out great for them the first time!  Keep going after those empty barrels. 

Tusks

I guess hog fans may find out how much Norvell likes the hog helmet.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

GuvHog

Quote from: woo.pig on October 28, 2017, 08:39:30 pm
Better act fast

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/report-memphis-mike-norvell-lead-candidate-florida-job/

Exactly. For those of you who said the Hogs shouldn't fire Bielema during the season, take a look at Florida. They are about to fire their HC.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

moses_007

Sumlin at A&M is good as gone too since he lost again tonight. 

So, Florida, Ole Miss, A&M and Tennessee will all be looking for new coaches.  Arkansas may be too.

hog.goblin

Quote from: hotdog hog on October 28, 2017, 08:52:12 pm
I would think they go after Mullen and Stoops.

This, but I think Stoops is permanently retired

RazorbacksFTW

Quote from: GuvHog on October 28, 2017, 10:26:40 pm
Exactly. For those of you who said the Hogs shouldn't fire Bielema during the season, take a look at Florida. They are about to fire their HC.

I don't typically blame Long for this mess we're in now but if he sits around twiddling his thumbs and all the good coaches get hired while we're waiting on a season that doesn't even matter to be finished then most people are gonna be pissed.

HF#1

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HardCore

Quote from: HF#1 on October 28, 2017, 11:08:46 pm
If they fire Jim, they are dumb.

I have been around Florida Fans at the Swamp.......they are pretty dumb
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Switchback

Florida is in a tailspin because they fired Muschamp too soon, he's a decent coach but the AD listened to the fans. Now they are going to fire the next coach to hire another and fire him in 3 years.  All these decisions are too tactical and not enough strategic vision by the AD.

hogsanity

Mid season, for cause - that cause LYING TO THE AD. Imagine that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Matt Burks

Quote from: Switchback on October 28, 2017, 11:16:35 pm
Florida is in a tailspin because they fired Muschamp too soon, he's a decent coach but the AD listened to the fans. Now they are going to fire the next coach to hire another and fire him in 3 years.  All these decisions are too tactical and not enough strategic vision by the AD.
I wonder if how Florida treats McElwain now will harm them in a coaching search - if they decide to get rid of him, especially if he doesn't get a buy out? Suddenly going to the SEC Championship twice isn't good enough because in year 3 he's had a couple of losses. Look at what happened to LSU. Regardless if it was time for Les Miles to go or not, he had a highly successful career and he was treated like garbage in the end. Even if LSU's top 2 targets turned them down, there should have been a lot more high quality coaches vying for that job. Instead they get Orgeron. And isn't it strange the Coach O got a ridiculously high buyout in his contract? Maybe Coach O was able to leverage that deal because their bad treatment of Les did serious damage in how coaches view that job now?

But back to Florida, do you think coaches may view that job as a ridiculously short leash? At least Beliema and Jones were given amble amount of time and resources.

LZH

Both Florida and FSU are in a tailspin right now. Don't know about FSU, but the Gators are looking for a home run hire. Mac is crispy done.

Steef

Any coach Florida wants, will go to Florida instead of Arkansas, regardless of who calls first.

Whoever Norvell's agent is, or any other coach's agent...it's their job to know who's shopping. They know it now.

And Florida is a bigger job than Arkansas. They know that, too.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 05:20:03 am
Any coach Florida wants, will go to Florida instead of Arkansas, regardless of who calls first.

Whoever Norvell's agent is, or any other coach's agent...it's their job to know who's shopping. They know it now.

Agreed.
Go Hogs Go!

Boarcephus

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:27:50 pm

Agree for the most part but like Finnebaum said about Auburn, and it rings true with UF, you go 8-4 at either school you'll get fired but go 8-4 here they'll throw you a parade. 

One more question, did UF's coach lie to the AD about death threats??  Guess I haven't paid close enough attention but I heard he had death threats then all is support backed off. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

IronHog

Few Absolutes in life

Norvell has Arkansas ties and Long has proven to be a coach supporter.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

GuvHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 28, 2017, 11:27:50 pm

That's just an excuse. He's being fired because he's LOSING.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

King Kong

Quote from: GuvHog on October 29, 2017, 08:02:10 am
That's just an excuse. He's being fired because he's LOSING.

Yeah, that's what it comes down too.

rhames

Didn't they want Petrino while he was here?
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

The NewEra

Yep!

Tradition, Climate, Big Money, Media Loves them some Florida, Recruiting Base and they are in the east, the easier division of the two.  Beat Georgia, which is getting tougher and your in the SEC Championship game.

rhames

Quote from: The NewEra on October 29, 2017, 08:27:04 am
Yep!

Tradition, Climate, Big Money, Media Loves them some Florida, Recruiting Base and they are in the east, the easier division of the two.  Beat Georgia, which is getting tougher and your in the SEC Championship game.

And if you do that 2 years in a row, then have one bad year you're toast.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

southeasthog

What if they don't fire him until after the season for losing and lying to the AD?
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

rhames

Quote from: Matt Burks on October 29, 2017, 04:04:14 am

I wonder if how Florida treats McElwain now will harm them in a coaching search - if they decide to get rid of him, especially if he doesn't get a buy out? Suddenly going to the SEC Championship twice isn't good enough because in year 3 he's had a couple of losses. Look at what happened to LSU. Regardless if it was time for Les Miles to go or not, he had a highly successful career and he was treated like garbage in the end. Even if LSU's top 2 targets turned them down, there should have been a lot more high quality coaches vying for that job. Instead they get Orgeron. And isn't it strange the Coach O got a ridiculously high buyout in his contract? Maybe Coach O was able to leverage that deal because their bad treatment of Les did serious damage in how coaches view that job now?

But back to Florida, do you think coaches may view that job as a ridiculously short leash? At least Beliema and Jones were given amble amount of time and resources.

Very well put.

Steef

Quote from: rhames on October 29, 2017, 08:28:25 am

And if you do that 2 years in a row, then have one bad year you're toast.

Which is true most places, give or take a year or two.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Steef on October 29, 2017, 08:35:32 am
Which is true most places, give or take a year or two.

Except Arkansas.  Our administration thinks winning is overrated.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Captain Hamerica

ricepig

Novell had better watch out, Swamp donkey said that the Gators had been targeting him, too........

bulldog04

Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2017, 08:56:52 am
Novell had better watch out, Swamp donkey said that the Gators had been targeting him, too........
I bet HDN throws his hat in the ring

ricepig

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 29, 2017, 08:58:46 am
I bet HDN throws his hat in the ring

HDN will have to turn down another job because it wasn't the "right" fit. .....

Captain Hamerica

It may not be that easy or cheap for Florida to get rid of McElwain.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/fire-mcelwain-cause-uf-administration-better-right/

It seems likely that the University Athletic Association knows it is behind on the "for cause" argument, and hope to use the "death threat" incident as leverage in any buyout negotiations.

The problem for Florida there, however, is what happens if Jimmy Sexton — a respected agent in the coaching industry — calls their bluff. Sexton and McElwain might be willing to litigate the "for cause" question, alleging there's not enough there, and putting UF at substantial risk of a negative verdict, which could add hundreds of thousands of dollars in attorneys' fees to any buyout when all is said and done.

In the best-case scenario, Florida's lawyers could hope the "death threats" incident, coupled with the credit card suspensions and pending litigation over the Antonio Callaway Title IX investigation might create a cumulative case for termination "for cause." But this too seems less like a quality "for cause" case and more like a potentially effective buyout negotiation mechanism.

Bottom line? If Florida elects to terminate McElwain "for cause," it should prepare for lengthy litigation on the question of whether McElwain's conduct rises to a level justifying termination "for cause."

The thinking here is that's not an argument the University of Florida can win.

And that's a reality that makes a messy situation even more complicated, and potentially, more expensive.

duckman

I want BB gone, but with all of the jobs that are opening up this is a horrible situation for Arkansas to be in.  Hiring a coach after this season is going to be a massive crap shoot....

elksnort

Quote from: King Kong on October 28, 2017, 08:49:03 pm
Maybe he knows that it is not as easy to win there as it was when he played there.

Cinco de Hogo

In a particular case that's not true but my inside info from my cousin says that Long would have to be fired.  Then Arkansas would beat Florida for a coach.  Someone WANTS to be the next Razorback coach.

Steef

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 29, 2017, 09:10:27 am
In a particular case that's not true but my inside info from my cousin says that Long would have to be fired.  Then Arkansas would beat Florida for a coach.  Someone WANTS to be the next Razorback coach.

HDN doesn't appeal to me.