Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where does WWE go from here

Started by hvsupastar, November 18, 2015, 10:04:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

Steve Austin has said over and over he's not returning

Rock is supposed to be out of WM because of some insurance liabilities in a movie he is doing

Seth Rollins who is the hottest heel they've had since Jericho when he started being the "Best in the World at What He Does", is out for just south of a year.

Who is going to step up?  They've got Cena & Lesnar still, no Orton.  Do they bring in Batista for Mania? The whole picture is kind of blurry now
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The_Iceman

Stick with your home grown talent. Give Cesaro a chance. Maybe turn Reigns or Cena heel. It can be done, but WWE Creative Writing staff is incompetent and won't do anything interesting.

Eddie Goodson

I have Dean Ambrose face Reigns at Survivor Series and I have Ambrose screw over Reigns and become Corporate Ambrose and build to an Ambrose/Reigns Main Event at Wrestlemania and then put the belt on Reigns there.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 18, 2015, 01:01:24 pm
I have Dean Ambrose face Reigns at Survivor Series and I have Ambrose screw over Reigns and become Corporate Ambrose and build to an Ambrose/Reigns Main Event at Wrestlemania and then put the belt on Reigns there.

I've always thought Ambrose felt out of place as a face. Reigns does too. They were best when The Shield was heel. Ambrose as a heel would be a good move for him.

Richard_white

Dean needs to turn heel.  He is a today's Brian Pillman. 

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Richard_white on November 18, 2015, 05:29:08 pm
Dean needs to turn heel.  He is a today's Brian Pillman. 
When I look at him, I see Terry Funk without the blood.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

The_Iceman

If I was in charge of Creative, here is how I would line it up....

Intercontinental Champion: Cesaro.
-Have Owens lose to Cesaro, and move Owens up to more of the main event stage.

US Champion: Sheamus
-They need to give this guy some direction. The MITB has not worked out at all for him. I think he would be someone good to use this title to get him in some good fueds to elevate young talent, eventually putting one over in a few months like Neville who can carry the title for a longer period.

WWE Champion: Roman Reigns.
-Reigns v. Ambrose for the title at Survivor Series. Ambrose wins and gains the title clean. Reigns gets furious but is trying to hold it back. Sheamus's music hits, he runs out, hits the Brogue Kick, and wins the title with Reigns watching on from ringside. After celebrating for a minute, HHH's music hits, and he says, "You don't actually think we are going to let you be the face of the company, do you?" You hear a bell ring, and Reigns spears Sheamus. A ref counts 1-2-3. And Reigns and HHH are standing in the middle of the ring shaking hands as the camera fades to black.

Then, you let Ambrose go on a Stone Cold like tirade thru the WWE until Wrestlemania where he will face off against Reigns for the Title. Reigns persona turns to a smug, entitled champion which fits the way he talks anyways. He uses the dialogue that this is his birthright and he has worked hard for it, he just needed some help to get the title on his shoulders.

hvsupastar

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 19, 2015, 02:43:20 pm
If I was in charge of Creative, here is how I would line it up....

Intercontinental Champion: Cesaro.
-Have Owens lose to Cesaro, and move Owens up to more of the main event stage.

US Champion: Sheamus
-They need to give this guy some direction. The MITB has not worked out at all for him. I think he would be someone good to use this title to get him in some good fueds to elevate young talent, eventually putting one over in a few months like Neville who can carry the title for a longer period.

WWE Champion: Roman Reigns.
-Reigns v. Ambrose for the title at Survivor Series. Ambrose wins and gains the title clean. Reigns gets furious but is trying to hold it back. Sheamus's music hits, he runs out, hits the Brogue Kick, and wins the title with Reigns watching on from ringside. After celebrating for a minute, HHH's music hits, and he says, "You don't actually think we are going to let you be the face of the company, do you?" You hear a bell ring, and Reigns spears Sheamus. A ref counts 1-2-3. And Reigns and HHH are standing in the middle of the ring shaking hands as the camera fades to black.

Then, you let Ambrose go on a Stone Cold like tirade thru the WWE until Wrestlemania where he will face off against Reigns for the Title. Reigns persona turns to a smug, entitled champion which fits the way he talks anyways. He uses the dialogue that this is his birthright and he has worked hard for it, he just needed some help to get the title on his shoulders.

So what do you do with Lesnar at WM
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

The_Iceman

Quote from: hvsupastar on November 20, 2015, 08:09:29 am
So what do you do with Lesnar at WM

I would love to see Paul Heyman vs. Bray Wyatt in promo's leading up to a Wyatt vs. Lesnar match. I think those two could really put on a show. Especially seeing Lesnar take on the goons (Strowman, Harper, Rowan) leading up to WM.

hvsupastar

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 20, 2015, 08:32:58 am
I would love to see Paul Heyman vs. Bray Wyatt in promo's leading up to a Wyatt vs. Lesnar match. I think those two could really put on a show. Especially seeing Lesnar take on the goons (Strowman, Harper, Rowan) leading up to WM.

oh man i like that idea

The_Iceman

I also think it would be awesome if WWE would host an NXT Title Match at Wrestlemania. What a way to introduce Finn Balor to the world than his crazy entrance and body paint at the biggest stage of them all. Have him face off against whoever their #1 contender is (Crews, Corbin, etc.)

spiritof92

I don't think there's anything they can do.  Cena (love him or hate him) is the only regular on the roster with the "it" factor.  His character is terrible but that's beside the point.  They only have one horse in the stable.

I like guys like Wyatt, Ambrose, Cesaro, ect... but they aren't even in the same zip code as a Hogan, Piper, Warrior, Austin, Rock, Foley, HBK, Macho Man, Razor, ect...

who knows

Bad situation for WWE right now...
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Only hope right now is to inject some 90s magic with the Brothers of Destruction. I just don't think Taker and Kane have the energy for it.

The HW championship situation is bad right now. I'm sure Triple H will bring in Lesnar to win again soon, but Lesnar isn't anything but a big, dumb animal that is reliant on Heyman.  He has no character and creative always makes him out to be too dominant. He either wins or loses in a dirty finish. Wash, rinse, repeat.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hvsupastar

I big time disagree on Lesnar. He is money but he is money without the belt. I don't know if they need to put it back on him.

Sheamus cashed in and won last night

Jim

This all (Reigns getting title taken away by Sheamus AND Ambrose still remaining "face") leads me to believe it's all building toward a SHIELD reunion (face) as soon as Rollins gets healthy. 

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hvsupastar on November 23, 2015, 12:02:29 pm
I big time disagree on Lesnar. He is money but he is money without the belt. I don't know if they need to put it back on him.

Sheamus cashed in and won last night

I'm sorry. I just have never liked Lesnar. If they made him a full time heel, I could see the value. He just shows up randomly, gets a title shot or beats a legend and disappears.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

TomasPistola

Trips will find a way to lace them up. Sting will appear if healthy enough. Lesner will get a higher profile match than Bray Wyatt. If things got bad enough I could see an HBK appearance to kill some clock. Probably not wrestling though.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

BTW I wonder if Ronda Rousey losing costs her a WM appearance. Vince missed out on some money there.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

hvsupastar

Quote from: TomasPistola on November 23, 2015, 09:52:41 pm
Trips will find a way to lace them up. Sting will appear if healthy enough. Lesner will get a higher profile match than Bray Wyatt. If things got bad enough I could see an HBK appearance to kill some clock. Probably not wrestling though.

Bray Wyatt has wrestled the undertaker and John Cena the last 2 WMs,  he's pretty high profile.

Ragnar Hogbrok

So, Survivor Series saw the Wyatts get destroyed by the Brothers of Destruction just to come out Monday night and destroy the Dudleys?  Not even a hint of licking their wounds.

Instead of letting Owens sit on the IC, they should really hype the IC with Ambrose, Zigler, Breeze, etc to distract from the current HC problems.

Buy some time with the IC competition while figuring out the HC angle.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: hvsupastar on November 24, 2015, 08:44:34 am
Bray Wyatt has wrestled the undertaker and John Cena the last 2 WMs,  he's pretty high profile.

Problem is, there's no faction to feud with the Family. All that big talent with no competition.  That and their attention fleets from superstar to superstar. They need more time to build feuds.

The_Iceman

You might as well call Roman Reigns "Rex Ruger". I don't think he will ever be more than that with fans. Unless they turn him heel and make him a 2000's HHH sort of bad guy.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2015, 09:09:20 am
You might as well call Roman Reigns "Rex Ruger". I don't think he will ever be more than that with fans. Unless they turn him heel and make him a 2000's HHH sort of bad guy.

at some point he has to turn heel, doesn't he? I'd like to see them put the belt on Ambrose, RR could have DA's bck, keeping the authority from cheating him out of the title, but after a while RR grows restless, tires of being Da's backup, and turns on him, maybe at WM, either taking the belt or at least costing DA the title.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2015, 10:33:38 am
at some point he has to turn heel, doesn't he? I'd like to see them put the belt on Ambrose, RR could have DA's bck, keeping the authority from cheating him out of the title, but after a while RR grows restless, tires of being Da's backup, and turns on him, maybe at WM, either taking the belt or at least costing DA the title.

I think Vince is convinced RR can be his next Cena. The babyface of the company for the next 10 years. However, Reigns doesn't have the "it-factor" Cena has. I really think Reigns as a heel channeling HHH from the 2000's with his leather jacket and just destroying the fan favorite babyfaces would be a good role for him. Not the slimy champion like Rollins was.

I also think Cena should do one heel turn before the end of his career. I think there is untapped potential with him as a heel on the mic.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2015, 10:46:25 am
I think Vince is convinced RR can be his next Cena. The babyface of the company for the next 10 years. However, Reigns doesn't have the "it-factor" Cena has. I really think Reigns as a heel channeling HHH from the 2000's with his leather jacket and just destroying the fan favorite babyfaces would be a good role for him. Not the slimy champion like Rollins was.

I also think Cena should do one heel turn before the end of his career. I think there is untapped potential with him as a heel on the mic.

It is too bad RR is not about 4 inches taller, so he could just be a BIG GUY, not have to talk much, and could just destroy people with his limited move set. Then he could move from face to heel like Kane over and over. As it is he looks like a bad guy, he is limited on the mic, and he is never going to be really over as a face.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TomasPistola

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2015, 10:50:50 am
It is too bad RR is not about 4 inches taller, so he could just be a BIG GUY, not have to talk much, and could just destroy people with his limited move set. Then he could move from face to heel like Kane over and over. As it is he looks like a bad guy, he is limited on the mic, and he is never going to be really over as a face.

Reins would be an excellent Paul Heyman guy in that situation. Might be a good one now if it were done right.
You were right.
You did a great job.

The_Iceman

Reigns really needs to pick about 3 new moves and work on them tirelessly and add them to his arsenal. Even Cena added a few moves recently. Gotta mix up the 5 moves of doom.

Big Boi

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 24, 2015, 01:31:32 pm
Reigns really needs to pick about 3 new moves and work on them tirelessly and add them to his arsenal. Even Cena added a few moves recently. Gotta mix up the 5 moves of doom.
His move set is shallow, is't good on the mic, and lacks charisma. I like for top guys to be someone you want to see in the ring and on the mic. Roman is Lex Luger 2.0, puts the sleeper on the audience.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Big Boi on November 29, 2015, 09:04:20 pm
His move set is shallow, is't good on the mic, and lacks charisma. I like for top guys to be someone you want to see in the ring and on the mic. Roman is Lex Luger 2.0, puts the sleeper on the audience.

Yep, Rex Ruger, lol!

I do think as a heel, his potential is greater than a Lex 2.0. But as a face, he just isn't good enough on the mic. He could be a face in a tag team like the Shield, but not as a single.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 30, 2015, 11:49:17 am
Yep, Rex Ruger, lol!

I do think as a heel, his potential is greater than a Lex 2.0. But as a face, he just isn't good enough on the mic. He could be a face in a tag team like the Shield, but not as a single.

His music is pretty melancholy.  If it was more upbeat perhaps the initial pop would last.  But, the pop ends about half-way down the stairs making his way through the crowd.  If he had a bag of popcorn and a Coke, I would think he's just another fan making his way to his seat.  "Excuse me. Pardon.  Just need to get by you..."

The_Iceman

Quote from: The Chief on November 30, 2015, 12:04:30 pm
His music is pretty melancholy.  If it was more upbeat perhaps the initial pop would last.  But, the pop ends about half-way down the stairs making his way through the crowd.  If he had a bag of popcorn and a Coke, I would think he's just another fan making his way to his seat.  "Excuse me. Pardon.  Just need to get by you..."

Yeah, if he turns heel, I think he will have to adjust that (entrance, music would be fine for a heel). I think the entrance coming through the crowd is getting kinda stale. It was a Shield thing.

hvsupastar

HHH is the new champion after winning the rumble.  So mania looks like this

HHH vs Roman Reigns

Lesnar vs Wyatt Family

I wonder if taker gets involved on brocks side at some point

The_Iceman

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 25, 2016, 10:02:11 am
HHH is the new champion after winning the rumble.  So mania looks like this

HHH vs Roman Reigns

Lesnar vs Wyatt Family

I wonder if taker gets involved on brocks side at some point

I'm guessing Sting is done, otherwise Sting vs. Undertaker would be awesome. I'm not sure who else makes since at this point for Undertaker to face.

AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose for the IC Title would steal the show.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 10:20:42 am
I'm guessing Sting is done, otherwise Sting vs. Undertaker would be awesome. I'm not sure who else makes since at this point for Undertaker to face.

AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens vs. Dean Ambrose for the IC Title would steal the show.

I was wondering after last night who/how Taker is involved. Rumors out there that he shows up on Raw tonight, but isn't that the rumor every week?  Pics came out last week of him working out, which usually precedes him reappearing.

I see no way he is not involved somehow, with WM being in his home state, but there are no opponents that really make sense unless they would use him to put someone over, but who would that be?

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2016, 10:31:24 am
I was wondering after last night who/how Taker is involved. Rumors out there that he shows up on Raw tonight, but isn't that the rumor every week?  Pics came out last week of him working out, which usually precedes him reappearing.

I see no way he is not involved somehow, with WM being in his home state, but there are no opponents that really make sense unless they would use him to put someone over, but who would that be?

Maybe a Chris Jericho, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose triple threat match.

Then have Kevin Owens and the Undertaker face off. Another NXT option would be for Finn Balor to debut against him, but he may not be the right fit to wrestle the Undertaker at his age.

I heard one idea where the Undertaker would target Luke Harper in an attempt to divide the Wyatt family, and Harper becoming an Undertaker protege after the Wyatt Family turns on him. Harper would leave TV for awhile and be rebranded as a sort of Undertaker 2.0.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 10:45:45 am
Maybe a Chris Jericho, AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose triple threat match.

Then have Kevin Owens and the Undertaker face off. Another NXT option would be for Finn Balor to debut against him, but he may not be the right fit to wrestle the Undertaker at his age.

I heard one idea where the Undertaker would target Luke Harper in an attempt to divide the Wyatt family, and Harper becoming an Undertaker protege after the Wyatt Family turns on him. Harper would leave TV for awhile and be rebranded as a sort of Undertaker 2.0.

The problem, at least in my mind, is that Taker's character does not seem it would be well suited for a mentor type role, but it would be easier to keep him in the ring longer, if he so desires, by having him work tag matches where the other guys can carry the match.

If Lesner is going to take on the whole Wyatt clan, he is almost going to have to have some help because even the beast incarnate is no match for those 4 by himself.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2016, 11:28:17 am
The problem, at least in my mind, is that Taker's character does not seem it would be well suited for a mentor type role, but it would be easier to keep him in the ring longer, if he so desires, by having him work tag matches where the other guys can carry the match.

If Lesner is going to take on the whole Wyatt clan, he is almost going to have to have some help because even the beast incarnate is no match for those 4 by himself.

Yeah, I've wanted the Undertaker to form a Ministry of Darkness 2.0 and feud with the Wyatt family.That way it isn't really a mentor role, but more of a faction to allow some misfit talent a place of belonging (Harper, Baron Corbin, the Ascension, etc.). The only problem with that tho is that the Undertaker can't really turn heel again.

Lesnar has been sort of a lone wolf as of late, attacking everyone regardless. Not sure who would be willing to team up with him against the Wyatt's.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 12:04:01 pm
Yeah, I've wanted the Undertaker to form a Ministry of Darkness 2.0 and feud with the Wyatt family.That way it isn't really a mentor role, but more of a faction to allow some misfit talent a place of belonging (Harper, Baron Corbin, the Ascension, etc.). The only problem with that tho is that the Undertaker can't really turn heel again.

Lesnar has been sort of a lone wolf as of late, attacking everyone regardless. Not sure who would be willing to team up with him against the Wyatt's.

Maybe Taker in a type of " if you can't beat em, join em " since he lost to Lesnar twice. No he can't go heel, the fans would not care if he did anyway. He is beyond face/heel territory. Whatever they are going to set up, they have to do so pretty fast, it's only 9 Sundays until WM.

What I thought we were going to see last night was Ambrose sell out Reigns when it was just those 2 and HHH left.  Thought for a slit second Ambrose was going to turn heel and dump Reigns over the top then just climb out of the ring to give the best to HHH.

hvsupastar

I sure was hoping Daniel Bryan was going to be #30

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on January 25, 2016, 12:10:43 pm
What I thought we were going to see last night was Ambrose sell out Reigns when it was just those 2 and HHH left.  Thought for a slit second Ambrose was going to turn heel and dump Reigns over the top then just climb out of the ring to give the best to HHH.

I think one storyline that would have worked would be for Ambrose to dump Reigns and HHH at the same time, and Reigns to go in and turn heel on him. He lets on his frustration and anger out on Ambrose while HHH watches on, proud that he finally broke Reigns. Reigns wouldn't necessarily join the authority, but would take on more of the heel HHH persona from the 2000's. At this point, you gotta change Reigns or the fans are going to keep on rejecting him.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 25, 2016, 02:29:21 pm
I think one storyline that would have worked would be for Ambrose to dump Reigns and HHH at the same time, and Reigns to go in and turn heel on him. He lets on his frustration and anger out on Ambrose while HHH watches on, proud that he finally broke Reigns. Reigns wouldn't necessarily join the authority, but would take on more of the heel HHH persona from the 2000's. At this point, you gotta change Reigns or the fans are going to keep on rejecting him.

Everything about him screams heel. His size, look, move set, everything.

TheRazorback500

HHH being the champ makes me wonder if he's holding it for someone. Rollins? I wonder how his rehab is going.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

TomasPistola

I personally can't believe that Trips would award himself the belt going into a Wrestlemania in Jerry World. Total, complete, shock.
You were right.
You did a great job.

hvsupastar

With the state of WWE I have no issue with trips getting the belt.  Not too many credible champions right now.

hogsanity

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 27, 2016, 07:59:48 pm
I personally can't believe that Trips would award himself the belt going into a Wrestlemania in Jerry World. Total, complete, shock.

What other real option was there?  Fans still do not like Reigns as a face, leaving it on him until mania with really no one to have a legit program with made it tough. Brock? No, they are not going to put it long term on a part timer again. Rollins? He is not going to be back in time.

I would have rather seen it on Bray, and had Taker come after the belt one more time, but that is just me being nostalgic.

Could of had Ambrose win it, then either he or Reigns would have had to turn heel.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2016, 11:30:04 am
What other real option was there?  Fans still do not like Reigns as a face, leaving it on him until mania with really no one to have a legit program with made it tough. Brock? No, they are not going to put it long term on a part timer again. Rollins? He is not going to be back in time.

I would have rather seen it on Bray, and had Taker come after the belt one more time, but that is just me being nostalgic.

Could of had Ambrose win it, then either he or Reigns would have had to turn heel.

The logical pick would be Bray Wyatt. That guy over the last few years has put on one good performance after another, as well as being good on the mic. I think he just deserves a run with it, especially with the big boys he has around him. While he isn't the "face of the company" type, I think he is the type of character and entertainer the WWE is sorely lacking.

hogsanity

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2016, 03:04:40 pm
The logical pick would be Bray Wyatt. That guy over the last few years has put on one good performance after another, as well as being good on the mic. I think he just deserves a run with it, especially with the big boys he has around him. While he isn't the "face of the company" type, I think he is the type of character and entertainer the WWE is sorely lacking.

That is the thing Wyatt has on some of these guys, he is so good on the mic. The whole family thing is not that interesting to me, but Bray is really good.

I am not hard core into it, I watch when my kid decides to watch. Rumble was the 1st ppv we had watched in 3 or 4 months I think. He tunes in Raw now and then. I am sure he will watch up to WM. HHH has to be a caretaker for the belt, but you know the only real viable option to face him at WM is Reigns.

Eddie Goodson

It will be Reigns and he will win at WM and carry the belt until Rollins comes back and they feud.

The only crowd that has booed Reigns has been the idiots in Orlando. The internet marks that think they are smarter than everybody else are losing ground. Daniel Bryan is done in the WWE, CM Punk will never return, and John Cena is NEVER turning heel. Reigns is going to do just fine as long as The Authority will make up its mind to either be heel or face. If they keep up osculating back and forth, it is going to be difficult for Reigns to remain over. VKM and Steph needs to drive home the evil heel angle from now to Mania.

TomasPistola

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2016, 11:30:04 am

I was being sarcastic but I appreciate the discussion.
You were right.
You did a great job.