Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let's be honest...NMST was fool's gold

Started by twistitup, October 02, 2017, 12:39:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

If we play like we did against NMST - we will get slaughtered in SEC play...

I know  it's a down year for the SEC - but not THAT down. Teams will be picking apart the TCU, NMST, and A&M films - they will exploit our weaknesses (and there are many of them).

I am a huge fan, but a realistic one too - NMST was a decent Sunbelt team with subpar talent- not a good meter for improvement when we play against some of the toughest teams in the nation in the next month.

I hope we come out and crush USCe but I wouldn't put any money on it. NMST was fools gold

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

RME

Let's be honest...these threads are getting old.

rhames

All last week everyone was saying we shouldn't sleep on them. They have a chance for an upset. Hogs take care of business in a game that went pretty much the way every one with a brain expected.

Can't have it both ways.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ricepig

factchecker

Holy hell, another fan mad that we won.

Nobody is claiming we won the national title after the game.  What is wrong with you?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boardon Hamsay

I thought we'd get to Tuesday before this was brought up. It's a valid pov.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Next1_04

factchecker

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 12:41:20 pm
All last week everyone was saying we shouldn't sleep on them. They have a chance for an upset. Hogs take care of business in a game that went pretty much the way every one with a brain expected.

Can't have it both ways.

THEY.  ARE.  MAD.   WE.  WON!!!!!

Just like the fans who were mad about the attendance being better than expected.

They want the program to fail and catch fire.

When it doesn't they try and start the fire themselves.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

DeltaBoy

I saw them as a dangerous team and the Hogs went out and took care of business. Bottom Line.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HF#1

We aren't crushing anyone this year especially in the SEC. In fact, we will get crushed several times before the year is over. I'd be surprised if we actually make a bowl game.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

rhames

Also who are these "toughest teams in the nation?"

I see bama and Auburn

That's it. Everyone else has just as many, if not more, problems than we do.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

twistitup

Maybe I was 24 hours too early with this thread, but pump the damn breaks......I'm HAPPY we won but I'm not ready to do the two step quite yet. IT WAS NEW MEXICO STATE.

GREAT WIN - but let's not over do it - we are focused on SEC wins last I checked, we are in the SEC true?

I like to keep it real, we need a big win this week against a solid South Carolina team and there is much improvement that needs to happen is are going to get a W on the road.

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on September 27, 2017, 07:52:24 pm

I wish I was with you here  - I think it will be, at most, a 10 pt game....on edge until the middle of the 4th qtr
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 12:45:57 pm
Also who are these "toughest teams in the nation?"

I see bama and Auburn

That's it. Everyone else has just as many, if not more, problems than we do.

Everybody had AU circled as a W, what happened to that. NO TEAM in the SEC has more problems than we do. Oline, Defense, and Special Teams have major issues, MAJOR - but according to CBB everything can be corrected. We shall see...

RME

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:46:00 pm
Maybe I was 24 hours too early with this thread, but pump the damn breaks......I'm HAPPY we won but I'm not ready to do the two step quite yet. IT WAS NEW MEXICO STATE.

GREAT WIN - but let's not over do it - we are focused on SEC wins last I checked, we are in the SEC true?

I like to keep it real, we need a big win this week against a solid South Carolina team and there is much improvement that needs to happen is are going to get a W on the road.

Who tf is saying we're gonna win out? You're literally trying to spin gold out of darn

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 12:47:10 pm

I wasn't too far off - screw the score....look at the stat line, those fact should scare the shiite out of you

Pig in the Pokey

so, WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE ARE.

A 6 win team. Maybe 7 if we win Saturday. I KNOW you didnt think this team would contend, did you?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Michael D Huff AIA

Quote from: HF#1 on October 02, 2017, 12:44:42 pm
We aren't crushing anyone this year especially in the SEC. In fact, we will get crushed several times before the year is over. I'd be surprised if we actually make a bowl game.

^^^THIS^^^

In other news, Arkansas covered the spread for the first time this season vs. NMST.  By one.

RME

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:47:41 pm
Everybody had AU circled as a W, what happened to that. NO TEAM in the SEC has more problems than we do. Oline, Defense, and Special Teams have major issues, MAJOR - but according to CBB everything can be corrected. We shall see...

No they didnt.

LSU just lost to Troy. Tennessee just stomped by Georgia.

Might I suggest you do something else in your spare time?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies

rhames

Who here has been boasting other than the fact it was a nice to get a win.

No one is predicting a 10 win season or anything.

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:48:44 pm
I wasn't too far off - screw the score....look at the stat line, those fact should scare the shiite out of you

Sorry we won.

I know it made you mad.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:39:12 pm
If we play like we did against NMST - we will get slaughtered in SEC play...

I know  it's a down year for the SEC - but not THAT down. Teams will be picking apart the TCU, NMST, and A&M films - they will exploit our weaknesses (and there are many of them).

I am a huge fan, but a realistic one too - NMST was a decent Sunbelt team with subpar talent- not a good meter for improvement when we play against some of the toughest teams in the nation in the next month.

I hope we come out and crush USCe but I wouldn't put any money on it. NMST was fools gold

So are you saying that you don't like BB?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

twistitup

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 02, 2017, 12:49:02 pm
so, WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE ARE.

A 6 win team. Maybe 7 if we win Saturday. I KNOW you didnt think this team would contend, did you?

CBB's 5th year - yes I expect to contend

He DID come to win the SEC....didn't he? We already gave him pass on year one AND two, now he needs one in year 5? What kind of program are we running?

rhames

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:47:41 pm

I didn't have AU circled as a win at all.

And you must not watch much sec football

twistitup

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 02, 2017, 12:49:55 pm
So are you saying that you don't like BB?

I'm saying he better win some SEC games - then dance....

RME

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:50:24 pm
CBB's 5th year - yes I expect to contend

He DID come to win the SEC....didn't he? We already gave him pass on year one AND two, now he needs one in year 5? What kind of program are we running?

You aren't running a damn thing, thank God.

How are we not contending? I missed where we already played all of our SEC games and lost every single one.

ricepig

I don't think anyone is making anymore of the game than it was a victory. As far as USCe being a solid team, no more then we are. They did beat NC St, but then needed a FG as time expired to beat La Tech, so not a world beater. I think if we can run the ball effectively, around 180-200 yards, then we can escape with a W.

factchecker

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:48:44 pm

We won by 18 ------ you said 10.

It was never close ------ you said nail biter.

You aren't very good at this.

So sad.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 12:49:50 pm
Sorry we won.

I know it made you mad.

I was there - enjoyed it. I felt like the only one in the crowd actually watching the game - DEAD ATMOSPHERE

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:51:27 pm
I'm saying he better win some SEC games - then dance....

Or what, you going to quit going to the games?

SPAL

Lol. Nobody expected us to beat Auburn. That's silly. Well, maybe a few unrealistic folks did. Fools gold? I think that term implies you get something you think is great but turns out not to be. I don't think anyone is saying nmsu is a great win. Mostly, I see people trying to point out some things that went right while acknowledging that it wasn't a huge test.

As far as THE SEC goes, outside of bama, Georgia, and Auburn.....nobody is by far and away better. We all stink pretty bad. I think we should be able to beat SC. But thanks for the reality shot.....it was much needed.

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 12:51:53 pm
We won by 18 ------ you said 10.

It was never close ------ you said nail biter.

You aren't very good at this.

So sad.

We're you at the game? Our D got shredded, we needed 6 chances to punch it in from the 2, we still don't have a FG....and we played NMST

It's all good....

phadedhawg

It was a legendary day at Razorback Stadium.  I have it on good authority that ESPN is about to announce plans to film a 30 for 30 episode about it. 

Ex-Trumpet

As much negativity that could be gleaned from this season thus far, I'm gonna try to look at the positives...could be worse!

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

wildturkey8

Quote from: factchecker on October 02, 2017, 12:41:45 pm
Holy hell, another fan mad that we won.

Nobody is claiming we won the national title after the game.  What is wrong with you?
He made a very good point, you are too sensitive and have lost some rationality.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2017, 12:52:53 pm
Or what, you going to quit going to the games?

CBB will be coaching elsewhere  - if he doesn't start winning in the SEC he will be looking for another job

rhames

Quote from: wildturkey8 on October 02, 2017, 12:53:59 pm
He made a very good point, you are too sensitive and have lost some rationality.

That NMSU is bad? Last week they were good and could beat us.

hogsanity

nmsu was the Hogs getting up 21-0 on a soso team and then shutting it down. Also, the defense has too many blown assignments and slow players to just coast.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

twistitup

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 12:56:18 pm

They are still good for a Sunbelt team...and we aren't looking good for an SEC team

Did you look at the stats for the game?

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:54:47 pm
CBB will be coaching elsewhere  - if he doesn't start winning in the SEC he will be looking for another job

And you don't think that this board doesn't know that, that he doesn't? Any other tidbits of wisdom you wish to share with us?

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on October 02, 2017, 12:57:24 pm
And you don't think that this board doesn't know that, that he doesn't? Any other tidbits of wisdom you wish to share with us?

Why did you ask a stupid question if you knew the answer?

rhames

Quote from: twistitup on October 02, 2017, 12:57:17 pm
They are still good for a Sunbelt team...and we aren't looking good for an SEC team

I did.

It was pretty much what I expected. Their QB, who was expected fo put up some numbers did.

We held them to 11 rushing yards and never lost control of the game.

ricepig

Well, we could be like LSU.......

ricepig

imtad16

Which stats concern you most?

wildturkey8

Quote from: rhames on October 02, 2017, 12:56:18 pm

Never said that. You are paranoid and are looking for bogeymen at this point.  This you are not a loyal fan if you point out some weakness is not a winner for you.

MTBrookHog

As I said in another thread, I can't wait to see how great Coastal Carolina is built up to be when we play them.

SPAL

Quote from: wildturkey8 on October 02, 2017, 12:53:59 pm

A very good point? His point was that nmsu isn't Alabama.....outstanding and astute observation.