Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't wait to see what happens after the board meeting today and tomorrow.

Started by ke2743, November 08, 2017, 01:13:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ke2743

Hope they take a vote on certain "issues" pertaining to our AD and football program. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

DeltaBoy

Hope to hear Jeffery Integrity Long wrecker of Pitt and the Hogs has been fired.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

rhames

Y'all going to be real dissapointed when you don't hear anything, or better yet, that Long gets a raise

Any "news" on the football front won't be had until November 25 at the earliest.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

ke2743

Quote from: rhames on November 08, 2017, 02:16:31 pm
Y'all going to be real dissapointed when you don't hear anything, or better yet, that Long gets a raise

Any "news" on the football front won't be had into November 25 at the earliest.

Long will not be getting a raise.  Long will be lucky to retain his job.

The Hawg Marshal

Any "news" on the football front won't be had into November 25 at the earliest.
Yeah there is no reason to freak out when you don't hear anything after the meeting is over.We won't hear anything coaching related until after the Mizzou game.

rhames

Quote from: ke2743 on November 08, 2017, 02:18:07 pm
Long will not be getting a raise.  Long will be lucky to retain his job.

According to people with sources on hogville?

The "smoke" of long being in trouble is coming from people who already didn't like long.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

ke2743

Quote from: rhames on November 08, 2017, 02:25:13 pm

According to people with sources on hogville?

The "smoke" of long being in trouble is coming from people who already didn't like long.

I think there's more fire to this, according to what I've been told.  But hey, my sources could be yanking my chain.  Isn't this whole drama fueled AD and coaching escapade fun?

hogfooey

Any "news" on the football front won't be had until November 25 at the earliest.
I'll be happy if I don't hear anything.  That means Long's contract wasn't extended.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Tusks

Just get the hogs a new football coach.  Anything else is gravy.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

rhames

Quote from: hogfooey on November 08, 2017, 04:27:54 pm
I'll be happy if I don't hear anything.  That means Long's contract wasn't extended.

Actually it could be January until you hear of an extension.

hogfooey

Quote from: rhames on November 08, 2017, 04:44:54 pm

My statement still stands, because something always leaks out about extensions.
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Great, now you've summoned PRJ to give a nonsensical Punch and Judy analogy soon.

ricepig

Quote from: rhames on November 08, 2017, 04:44:54 pm

Well, since he's under contract until June 30, 2022, I doubt you hear anything. They have until June 30, 2018 to notify him that they aren't rolling over his contract for one year.

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 05:04:09 pm
Well, since he's under contract until June 30, 2022, I doubt you hear anything. They have until June 30, 2018 to notify him that they aren't rolling over his contract for one year.

If he hires Mike Norvell, I'm all for an extension and a raise. Would deserve it then, in my book.

rhames

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 05:04:09 pm

Ah yeah. The auto renew.

rhames

Quote from: hogfooey on November 08, 2017, 04:49:44 pm
My statement still stands, because something always leaks out about extensions.

Kind of like the last time no one knew and it was announced like December 28??

Ironhawg

Did anybody listen to Irwin on Bo's show about an hour ago?  If you're expecting the BOT to fire Jeff or Bielema, you're going to be disappointed.  I'm pretty sure Irwin said they don't have the authority to fire either of those guys.  They do have the authority to fire Steinmetz.

ricepig

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 05:26:39 pm
Did anybody listen to Irwin on Bo's show about an hour ago?  If you're expecting the BOT to fire Jeff or Bielema, you're going to be disappointed.  I'm pretty sure Irwin said they don't have the authority to fire either of those guys.  They do have the authority to fire Steinmetz.

Meetings of the Board and its committees are subject to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, requiring open meetings except for executive sessions "for the purpose of discussing or considering employment, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining, or resignation of any public officer or employee."

I would think considering employment meant both hiring and firing, but I'm not a lawyer, and I slept at the duck club last night, lol.

The vote would come in public, now, I don't think they would do that, they'd have Bobbitt or Steinmetz do it, but I'd think it was in their purview.

Ironhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 05:27:33 pm

Meetings of the Board and its committees are subject to the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act, requiring open meetings except for executive sessions "for the purpose of discussing or considering employment, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining, or resignation of any public officer or employee."

I would think considering employment meant both hiring and firing, but I'm not a lawyer, and I slept at the duck club last night, lol.

The vote would come in public, now, I don't think they would do that, they'd have Bobbitt or Steinmetz do it, but I'd think it was in their purview.

I might have heard him wrong.  I was exercising so they didn't have my full attention.  What did get my full attention is that Irwin said there are money people in Arkansas who want Gus to replace Bielema and who think they can get it done.  Irwin was clear he isn't proposing this, it's just information he got that is completely opposite of what he was hearing weeks ago.  No word if Gus is even listening.

Piggie

It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

ricepig

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 05:35:00 pm
I might have heard him wrong.  I was exercising so they didn't have my full attention.  What did get my full attention is that Irwin said there are money people in Arkansas who want Gus to replace Bielema and who think they can get it done.  Irwin was clear he isn't proposing this, it's just information he got that is completely opposite of what he was hearing weeks ago.  No word if Gus is even listening.

Oh, I've read everywhere where they said that, I'm not sure it is correct. Some big money wanted him chosen last time, too.

rhames

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 05:26:39 pm

I did and that is what he said.

Boardon Hamsay

This right here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Ironhawg

Quote from: rhames on November 08, 2017, 05:43:04 pm

I did and that is what he said.

He also said Steinmetz is not a football guy, so he really isn't paying attention to the football program.  I will be honest, I love Mike Irwin on the radio, but this segment today was pure gold. 
I'm not on the Gus Bus by any means.  In my mind he has underachieved at Auburn with the personnel available.  He will not be able to get the quality defensive players at Arkansas he has at Auburn.  I don't think he would totally flame out, but I don't think we'd be headed to the SEC championship either.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 08, 2017, 01:47:45 pm
Hope to hear Jeffery Integrity Long wrecker of Pitt and the Hogs has been fired.

Come on, Delt. Time to come clean. You have a framed portrait of Jeff Long decked out in confederate gray hanging over the mantle, don't you? Maybe the artist left his frockcoat open and an uncomfortable number of buttons undone at the top of Jeff's shirt was just a bit too provocative? Does it show chest hair? It's really about the chest hair, isn't it? Or, is Jeff winking in the portrait? Probably can't tell if he's a union spy or not, huh? Maybe you should just try to sell it on Craigslist....

depressed_fan

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 06:19:47 pm
He also said Steinmetz is not a football guy, so he really isn't paying attention to the football program.  I will be honest, I love Mike Irwin on the radio, but this segment today was pure gold. 
I'm not on the Gus Bus by any means.  In my mind he has underachieved at Auburn with the personnel available.  He will not be able to get the quality defensive players at Arkansas he has at Auburn.  I don't think he would totally flame out, but I don't think we'd be headed to the SEC championship either.

Your Gus conclusion regarding underachieving, I would argue only b/c he's recruiting the same state as Saban, and there's a lot of other good recruiters and programs going after players in that region.  We won't go to the SEC title game no matter who we hire until LSU and Alabama dip down. If the Aggies get a good coach that's another headache to deal with.  Gus would be the best we could hope for right now.

Ironhawg

Quote from: depressed_fan on November 08, 2017, 06:36:11 pm
Your Gus conclusion regarding underachieving, I would argue only b/c he's recruiting the same state as Saban, and there's a lot of other good recruiters and programs going after players in that region.  We won't go to the SEC title game no matter who we hire until LSU and Alabama dip down. If the Aggies get a good coach that's another headache to deal with.  Gus would be the best we could hope for right now.

He is much closer to a recruiting hot bed than Arkansas, yes?  He has had much better recruiting classes than Arkansas, yes?  I'm not saying he has done poorly, I'm saying his record should be better considering the available resources.  He won't have those resources at Arkansas.  If he could come to Arkansas and do what he has done at Auburn, I would be happy.  My biggest concern with Gus is that I am afraid he would be as divisive for the fan base as Houston Dale was or worse.

ricepig

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 06:19:47 pm

What was his basis on his thoughts on Steinmetz, I wonder how many times he has talked to him to get this opinion?

Ironhawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2017, 06:57:27 pm
What was his basis on his thoughts on Steinmetz, I wonder how many times he has talked to him to get this opinion?

I don't think he ever said where that came from.  Since the guy came from Ohio State it would be funny if he isn't interested in football. 

lakecityhog

Let's see the BOT has authority over the Chancellor who does have authority over the AD, right?
I would say that by that very fact alone the BOT has a great deal more authority than some people are letting on.

For anyone to question that authority is basically stupid. The BOT tells Steinmetz---"fire the AD and/or the head football coach", what is he going to do? Ignore them???

Tusks

I listened to the segment today and it was very disheartening what was said about Steinmentz.

I thought the quote from Steinmentz was accurate, but what they said about him today doesn't sound anything like the quote he made.

jgphillips3

I don't think we are going to see anything, or hear anything, of any significance after the meeting.  I mean, unless Jeff Long decides to quit or something else completely unexpected, I think we will see Jeff Long get a vote of confidence, we will see CBB lose the next two games an regardless of what happens with Mizzou, hear that he is moving on within five days of that game.  I think all the "Long is in danger" stuff was more about leverage with him to get him to realize people are serious about change.  I expect that Long will be the AD, he will have a list of guys that he and "others" have targeted as potential coaches and they will make (if they haven't already) back channel overtures to those coaches and move swiftly after CBB plays out the string.  So, I'm in the "I think people will be disappointed" if they expect to hear anything publicly stated about what is really going on.

Ironhawg

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 07:36:33 pm
I listened to the segment today and it was very disheartening what was said about Steinmentz.

I thought the quote from Steinmentz was accurate, but what they said about him today doesn't sound anything like the quote he made.

I didn't hear the Steinmetz quote.  What did he say or where can I go read it? I am listening to the segment again to make sure the info I put on here is accurate.

Ironhawg

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 07:36:33 pm

I listened to the Irwin segment again.  The information about Steinmetz not being a football guy came from one of the boosters that was talking to Mike Irwin.  I think the other information I posted about the segment is accurate. 

Hogs-n-Roses

ricepig

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 08:32:28 pm
I listened to the Irwin segment again.  The information about Steinmetz not being a football guy came from one of the boosters that was talking to Mike Irwin. 

Which could have been you or me, lol. Yeah, that's some investigative stuff right there.

GuvHog

Quote from: lakecityhog on November 08, 2017, 07:25:21 pm
Let's see the BOT has authority over the Chancellor who does have authority over the AD, right?
I would say that by that very fact alone the BOT has a great deal more authority than some people are letting on.

For anyone to question that authority is basically stupid. The BOT tells Steinmetz---"fire the AD and/or the head football coach", what is he going to do? Ignore them???

Good point. The BOT doesn't have the authority to fire Long but they can strongly recommend to the Chancellor that he fire Long and it is highly likely, he would carry out their recommendation.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Tusks

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 08, 2017, 08:32:28 pm
I listened to the Irwin segment again.  The information about Steinmetz not being a football guy came from one of the boosters that was talking to Mike Irwin.  I think the other information I posted about the segment is accurate. 

The Steinmetz quote was brought to the board and posters swore it was real.  He said that "he's from OhioSt and there the coach gets 2 years to win and the hogs are in year 5!"  I took that as there really no question to make a change with he dismal record BB has.

Ironhawg

Quote from: tusked on November 08, 2017, 09:12:39 pm
The Steinmetz quote was brought to the board and posters swore it was real.  He said that "he's from OhioSt and there the coach gets 2 years to win and the hogs are in year 5!"  I took that as there really no question to make a change with he dismal record BB has.

Well that would give me some hope if true.  I think I am totally in wait and see mode until the day after the Mizzou game.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22