Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The game in Oxford is a home game for 870 area code folks

Started by The OTR, October 26, 2017, 02:30:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Not going to get into a stadium debate or anything but this is basically the once every two years home game for 870 area codes.

Each area code has their own personality.  479's are arrogant about having all the home games...501's are hurt because they get one scrap per year...and 870's get one chance to drive across the river and they usually blow it.

You guys need to get over there and support the team this week. Maybe if you guys would show us something this week we could move that one Little Rock Game to West Memphis during the next few years.

Count Hogula

Need to get back to the roots.

Need them Southern Arkansas boys. Raised on catfish, hush puppies and bisquits.

Have a little fire in em'

Count Hogula

So half hoodlums. Who gives a darn.

Their degree is a joke anyway.

They could deck that easy...

Dropkick

I am actually going to Oxford for Saturday's game. I live in the 870 and 6 of us will be there. I have zero expectations but I have had to sell my F-ville tickets to the last couple of games due to conflicts with my children's athletics. Go Hogs!

Jackrabbit Hog

Even closer for 901's like myself.  Would normally be going but I'm old and crotchety now.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Grag T

Being in area code 719 myself, it's at ten a.m. my time.  Screw these early-ass games, I feel like I've slept through half of our season... but as someone in mmqb pointed out, "no big deal, our coaching staff has too"   :D
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

The OTR

Quote from: Grag T on October 26, 2017, 03:53:22 pm
Being in area code 719 myself, it's at ten a.m. my time.  Screw these early-ass games, I feel like I've slept through half of our season... but as someone in mmqb pointed out, "no big deal, our coaching staff has too"   :D

Nice on Grag.  But it's the second half they've slept through.

Grag T

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

Rudy Baylor

Southern Arkansas recruits are loyal to the Hogs

After that they are more loyal to Louisiana Tech than they are to the Red Wolves

Hope some Red Wolfs see this

BassinHawg

I see a flaw in the logic. Not all 870's are close. js
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

The OTR

Quote from: BassinHawg on October 27, 2017, 11:40:51 am
I see a flaw in the logic. Not all 870's are close. js

479's look down on 501's...they barely acknowledge the 870's are even really Arkansans. Not saying that is right or wrong but there is an arrogance among the 479's that is undeniable.

501's have an inferiority complex (although you'd be hard pressed to get one to admit it) now that much of the power in the state has move to NWA.  They are jealous of the 479's but also would never admit that.  Not playing in LR isn't nearly as important to the 501's as people think it is. Most of them are logical enough to understand why. 

870's...they lost their identities when they got that number. We all used to be 501's....the 479's embraced the new area code...wore the new code with pride...the 870's are like what the hell just happened?  870's like the hogs but most aren't as fanatical about the razorbacks as the 479's.  They go hunting and fishing and have keggers on the weekend and their life doesn't revolve around tailgating and game day. They'll watch a game if it's on but they don't have as much interest as the 479's.

901's?  Only two I know for sure on here that are 901's are Hoginmemphis and jackrabbit hog.  Both Memphis lawyers, straight out of a John Grisham novel...I picture Jackrabbit as Leo Drummond from the Rainmaker...Hoginmemphis?  Bruiser Stone.  Wouldn't trust either one.  Both of them are smarter than most and more annoying than most.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 27, 2017, 12:58:36 pm
901's?  Only two I know for sure on here that are 901's are Hoginmemphis and jackrabbit hog.  Both Memphis lawyers, straight out of a John Grisham novel...I picture Jackrabbit as Leo Drummond from the Rainmaker...Hoginmemphis?  Bruiser Stone.  Wouldn't trust either one.  Both of them are smarter than most and more annoying than most.

Don't forget Ponderin.  He's a proud 901'er.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The OTR

Rudy Baylor

PonderinHog

The OTR

870's did good this weekend. 

Speaking of punks I was glad to see "Ward" is now listed as a guest.  Guy was up to no good and hogville doesn't need his kind.  I'm glad to see lanny's henchmen dispose of him in pieces in the beaver lake. 

Rudy Baylor

Being a 479 myself, I'm most proud of my omtipotence over 901s and the complete losers in Jonesboro (ricepig) and north Mississippi

PonderinHog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 30, 2017, 07:32:14 pm
Being a 479 myself, I'm most proud of my omtipotence over 901s and the complete losers in Jonesboro (ricepig) and north Mississippi
Omtipotence isn't a word.  (Just a PSA from North Mississippi.)

Jackrabbit Hog

PonderinHog

Rudy Baylor

Who's this jackrabbit character?

Seems like a real poser

Horse racer

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on October 26, 2017, 03:25:04 pm
Even closer for 901's like myself.  Would normally be going but I'm old and crotchety now.

I deleted Facebook from my phone the week before the game, and didn't get around to reinstalling it until today. I'm a 662 Arkansas fan. It would have been 45 minutes for me to get there. I had one of my Ole Miss buddies offer me two 40 yard line tickets and a parking pass for $60.00. I missed out.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on November 01, 2017, 10:13:38 pm
I deleted Facebook from my phone the week before the game, and didn't get around to reinstalling it until today. I'm a 662 Arkansas fan. It would have been 45 minutes for me to get there. I had one of my Ole Miss buddies offer me two 40 yard line tickets and a parking pass for $60.00. I missed out.

We usually try to go to either the Ole Miss or MSU game, depending on which one is the away game that year.  This year, we've just had too much travel and we had to pick a weekend to stay home.  The Ole Miss game was sacrificed.  Would have bee about an hour and a half drive for us.

Jackrabbit Hog