Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watch: Texas A&M Pressers - Bielema, Enos and Rhoads

Started by Jason Carroll, September 18, 2017, 04:22:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Carroll

TebowHater

He mentioned Austin "set the world on fire in spring and then had a little set back in camp"...and something to the effect of "is slowly gaining strength back"

Did AA get hurt in camp?

PorkRinds

Quote from: TebowHater on September 18, 2017, 04:36:24 pm
He mentioned Austin "set the world on fire in spring and then had a little set back in camp"...and something to the effect of "is slowly gaining strength back"

Did AA get hurt in camp?

Noticed that too.

Qadi999

Did AA get hurt in camp?
sounds like more excuses to me.

TebowHater

Pork Ranger

He's just trying to buy the little time he has left

Nosboar Accubond

Biddy has hinted he thinks AA got injured sometime in camp and they kept it under wraps.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on September 18, 2017, 08:50:32 pm
Biddy has hinted he thinks AA got injured sometime in camp and they kept it under wraps.

Would make the most sense considering the change in AA. COach said something about "missed time" during fall camp.

TebowHater

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 18, 2017, 08:54:14 pm
Would make the most sense considering the change in AA. COach said something about "missed time" during fall camp.

Agree. Also would help account for the dyssynchrony with the receivers.

Ironhawg

Did AA get hurt in camp?

Bielema mentioned last week that they had not been able to go full speed in fall camp but he never said why and I don't remember anybody asking the reason.

TebowHater

Now that CBB let it out of the bag, @MEDIA can you follow-up on this.

presidenthog

presidenthog

Quote from: TebowHater on September 18, 2017, 09:17:37 pm
Now that CBB let it out of the bag, @MEDIA can you follow-up on this.

They wont. It also accounts for why we didn't get to see Austin scrimmage but 1 time. He was hurt the next time and they hid it. That is why Cole and ty got so many reps.

Posters on other sites mentioned that Austin looks like a guy who had not practiced much.

PorkRinds

Quote from: presidenthog on September 18, 2017, 09:23:28 pm
They wont. It also accounts for why we didn't get to see Austin scrimmage but 1 time. He was hurt the next time and they hid it. That is why Cole and ty got so many reps.

Posters on other sites mentioned that Austin looks like a guy who had not practiced much.

Yikes. Wonder what kind of injury it was.  Hopefully not a nagging shoulder like Ba.

presidenthog

Shows how little they trust our back ups after talking them up all off season. They let a guy who was hurt go 9/23 over a healthy back up.

TebowHater

Quote from: presidenthog on September 18, 2017, 09:33:20 pm
Shows how little they trust our back ups after talking them up all off season. They let a guy who was hurt go 9/23 over a healthy back up.

That is what it is imo. Backups clearly don't have it, I guess.

But what about leaving him in the game to get pounded on the final few minutes when it was clearly over!! Not smart for someone recovering from injury. On the other hand, the only possible defense would be "He's had so few reps and is clearly rusty so we wanted to get him as much play as possible."

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hog Pharm

The announcers even mentioned that AA looked bad on the day they saw practice prior to the first game.  Makes sense that he was hurt.  Wonder why they kept it so secretive?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hog Pharm on September 18, 2017, 09:54:50 pm
The announcers even mentioned that AA looked bad on the day they saw practice prior to the first game.  Makes sense that he was hurt.  Wonder why they kept it so secretive?

Why wouldn't they? If he's having trouble throwing teams would know to do what TCU did and sell out to stop the run. But that's not really a secret because it's been our kryptonite since....forever.

RedRazorHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 18, 2017, 09:08:45 pm
Bielema mentioned last week that they had not been able to go full speed in fall camp but he never said why and I don't remember anybody asking the reason.

Why play a player - at this level - not at full strength?   Sounds like that fateful Mizzou game with BA out there hobbling around!
"I've found that prayers work best when you have Big Players"

--Knute Rockne

younghog

how did AA get hurt with a Green Non Contact Jersey on? I'm the biggest fan.. but got to ask..
GO HOGS

Ironhawg

Quote from: younghog on September 19, 2017, 08:33:15 am
how did AA get hurt with a Green Non Contact Jersey on? I'm the biggest fan.. but got to ask..

No idea.  Maybe some kind of non-contact throwing injury?

PorkRinds

Quote from: younghog on September 19, 2017, 08:33:15 am

You know as much as everyone else.

porkrindjimmy

He actually addressed this during a preseason press conference. Said Austin was doing so well that he was going to sit out and the other two would compete to see who was #2. So..preseason it was Austin is lights out...by game three he is telling us that Austin was banged up during the fall. I understand the gamesmanship but Bret does this quite often...says one thing and it is totally the opposite....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 09:20:38 am
He actually addressed this during a preseason press conference. Said Austin was doing so well that he was going to sit out and the other two would compete to see who was #2. So..preseason it was Austin is lights out...by game three he is telling us that Austin was banged up during the fall. I understand the gamesmanship but Bret does this quite often...says one thing and it is totally the opposite....

PRJ

I think it was actually at a TD club meeting in August instead of a press conference...

PRJ

hawgon

I've come to believe that he has no idea of how to evaluate the performance of his team in practice.  You can believe that it is just bad coach speak, but that doesn't explain the slow starts.  EVERY SINGLE YEAR from the very first we hear glowing reports only to get slapped by reality once things get going.  And usually the unit praised the most in the preseason is the worst performing once things start for real.

Peter Porker

Perhaps around the time when Kelley and Storey were given snaps with the first team?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Peter Porker

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 09:20:38 am

PRJ

LOL Arkansas wins and you go into hiding, we lose to TCU and boom! here you are.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Kevin

so now ,they have lost to tcu, and his fanny is getting criticized, he brings this stuff to light.

getting tired of hearing his excuses
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Peter Porker on September 19, 2017, 09:48:00 am
LOL Arkansas wins and you go into hiding, we lose to TCU and boom! here you are.

Look here my man. I don't go anywhere. I always read this board. Every day...I just choose to not join in with smoke blowing, faded love and beating the drum of a coach who is in over his head....I let people such as yourself, have the floor with your rambling love. When I see a problem, I point it out.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Kevin on September 19, 2017, 09:48:22 am
so now ,they have lost to tcu, and his fanny is getting criticized, he brings this stuff to light.

getting tired of hearing his excuses

I think you are on to something but I think it is deeper than that. Like I said, it usually is he says one thing and the truth is more than likely the exact opposite. I think the dude actually believes what he says the first time. I mean it was widely reported in the preseason that Austin was only throwing one incomplete pass a scrimmage. How he was so in tune with the new WR's...it is like bizarro world with him and I question his ability to truly analyze his team.

PRJ

hawgon

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 10:02:49 am
I think you are on to something but I think it is deeper than that. Like I said, it usually is he says one thing and the truth is more than likely the exact opposite. I think the dude actually believes what he says the first time. I mean it was widely reported in the preseason that Austin was only throwing one incomplete pass a scrimmage. How he was so in tune with the new WR's...it is like bizarro world with him and I question his ability to truly analyze his team.

PRJ

That's what I said.  It goes back all the way to his first year where he pronounced us ready to win after spring practice.  This is a guy who cannot evaluate his team's performance in practice.

I don't think he can with talent either.  We've never had so many highly recruited players bust and fail to produce.

Kevin

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 19, 2017, 10:02:49 am

PRJ

I always loved when he says the ball never hit the ground, the qb is in a green jersey, and the defense is basically playing touch.

if you listen to what he says, the assistants make all the calls on who plays. if that is the case, then I am not sure cbb is that in gaged in practice. now I am basing this on what cbb says.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

hawgsalot

Quote from: Kevin on September 19, 2017, 10:10:58 am
I always loved when he says the ball never hit the ground, the qb is in a green jersey, and the defense is basically playing touch.

if you listen to what he says, the assistants make all the calls on who plays. if that is the case, then I am not sure cbb is that in gaged in practice. now I am basing this on what cbb says.

Nah if you've ever been to practice you know that's not true.  Look this doesn't have to be some big conspiracy, sounds like Austin did something fairly minor and they rested him some this preseason.  He played the 1st game to help get timing, something he needed more of.  I don't think it's an excuse but maybe came to light to take a little fan pressure off AA.

Kevin

Quote from: hawgsalot on September 19, 2017, 10:26:38 am
Nah if you've ever been to practice you know that's not true.  Look this doesn't have to be some big conspiracy, sounds like Austin did something fairly minor and they rested him some this preseason.  He played the 1st game to help get timing, something he needed more of.  I don't think it's an excuse but maybe came to light to take a little fan pressure off AA.

just looking at the pulse here on hogville, I think the pressure is on the coach, not aa

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.