Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

La'Michael Pettway of Nashville tweets. is Arkansas still recruiting him ?

Started by forrest city joe, August 28, 2014, 08:32:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Or have we moved on since his commit to Ole Miss. here his tweet last night.       La'Michael Pettway.. ?@Iam_Primetimee4

Pettway, Hill, Gragg??? Huh?? @W_Gragg7 @KayJayHill

Is this a plea for them to come to Ole Miss with him?(KJ does not even have Ole Miss on his list anymore) or is he re-thinking his committment to Ole Miss, and thinking of coming to Arkansas? would we take him if he wants to come now ? ( i would) he's an in-state kid we offered, and it's not that he left the state, and is trying to come back. and last thing. are we even still recruiting this kid ? what do you guys think is going on with this kid ?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

IDK, but the guys who are committed and signed scholarship agreements have stated they are still getting lots of mail and phone calls from UA... I'm sure we are still after him and would gladly take him if he flipped...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

PorkRinds

Sounds like he could be considering flipping here if those two sign up.  Or it could be a last ditch effort to get them to consider picking Ole Myth.  Too cryptic to know for sure.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 28, 2014, 08:41:27 am
Sounds like he could be considering flipping here if those two sign up.  Or it could be a last ditch effort to get them to consider picking Ole Myth.  Too cryptic to know for sure.

Would be one helluva Friday if all 3 announced..!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

PorkRinds

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on August 28, 2014, 08:45:40 am
Would be one helluva Friday if all 3 announced..!

I don't think that'll happen, but heck, I'd flip out if it did.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2014, 08:49:19 am
I would LOSE. MY. MIND.

And then we have game day!

Wilhog, I'm proud of you buddy.  You seem to be stepping into the light lately instead of dwelling on the dark side.  ;D ;)

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 28, 2014, 08:50:16 am
Wilhog, I'm proud of you buddy.  You seem to be stepping into the light lately instead of dwelling on the dark side.  ;D ;)

In my heart of hearts, I'm a homer.

I still have concerns, but with the season here, there's no time to dwell.  Too much eating, drinking, and yelling at my TV to do.
1909/1964/1965/1977

SemperFi

This is definitely a question for RD. If anyone has inside info it's him. Interesting tweet to say the least. It's very cryptic.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Hawg_Thai'd

It has been stated, however vaguely, that when Hill and Gragg commit there will be quite a reaction that will follow. I am not sure who will follow, but these guys network with other athletes nationally, so we may get some surprises. If the wheels don't fall off, we should get quite a boost soon and finish strong. Pettway may just be one of the dominoes that will fall.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

MH04

He tweeted something about arkansas still showing a lot of love and someone on 247 did predict him to flip, so I would assume he's talking about Arkansas

The_Iceman

OneTuskOverTheLine™

He's almost done grieving over CBP... He had invested more in him than most.. ;)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: MH04 on August 28, 2014, 09:20:59 am
He tweeted something about arkansas still showing a lot of love and someone on 247 did predict him to flip, so I would assume he's talking about Arkansas

Damn it..! just when I was starting to maintain..!  WPS..!

Someone tweet his arse back letting him know we ALL want him home..!

onebadrubi

Did you share some of the mcalan with him and not me? 

I think these guys have been escalated into a "click" or "group" that communicates often.  The exact thing we want is happening, an image of Arkansas boys need to stick together.  Similar to Wilson, Adams, Childs, Gragg, and wright.  If KJ stepped up and committed Friday, I believe Bielema and staff would be receiving some texts from Pettway before kickoff on saturday.  Gragg will possibly still take his visits, but it will be too hard for him to leave Storey, KJ, Pettway etc.  You can not say this staff is not working hard every day.  We could quickly see the fastest and strongest fence put up.  All this does balance in KJ commiting on friday. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 28, 2014, 09:26:39 am
The money from Ole Miss must be running dry.

Nah, he's slow playing them to up the payments, all while he flips. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: MH04 on August 28, 2014, 09:20:59 am
My first thought was he was recruiting them to come play with him at Ole Miss. and this was a last ditch effort to get KJ.(who does not have Ole Miss on his list anymore) i really don't know  what the deal is. just asking. are we still even recruiting him?

Hawg_Thai'd

Remember Will jawin' with his brother about which Arkansas class was going to be better? We will be sitting pretty on NSD with our Arkansas crop. Days will be getting better. This staff is working too hard for it to fail.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

Speedracer

Would love to flip him and think we could if Gragg and Hill committed.  6'3, 200 at wideout, yes please!
Like smites bother me.

pigsareflying

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2014, 08:49:19 am
I would LOSE. MY. MIND.

And then we have game day!
"Ya'll gonna make me lose my mind, up in here, up in here!"

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg_Thai'd on August 28, 2014, 09:59:44 am
Remember Will jawin' with his brother about which Arkansas class was going to be better? We will be sitting pretty on NSD with our Arkansas crop. Days will be getting better. This staff is working too hard for it to fail.
If Pettway flips to Arkansas. and some how we get KJ and Will. that would mean every player we offered would have said yes and stayed home.in a great year like this in-state, that would be big for this program.not saying we get any of them. but would it not be great to keep all the Arkansas kids we offered at home.when is the last time that happen ?

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 28, 2014, 10:18:09 am
If Pettway flips to Arkansas. and some how we get KJ and Will. that would mean every player we offered would have said yes and stayed home.in a great year like this in-state, that would be big for this program.not saying we get any of them. but would it not be great to keep all the Arkansas kids we offered at home.when is the last time that happen ?

Coach B building that fence.  Fingers crossed.  :D

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on August 28, 2014, 10:19:15 am
Coach B building that fence.  Fingers crossed.  :D
100% agree. he and his staff are working as hard as any staff i have ever seen at Arkansas. if we don't get either of these 3 guys. nobody can blame this staff.

Adam Stokes

I was thinking of starting a thread about Pettway.  I remember he kind of committed to Ole Miss out of nowhere.  I went back a couple pages in the Recruiting Forum to find his commitment thread but I couldn't seem to find it.

What's his back story?  Do we know what drew his to OM?  Was he ever high on the Hogs?  Thanks.

Wildhog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 28, 2014, 10:23:18 am
I was thinking of starting a thread about Pettway.  I remember he kind of committed to Ole Miss out of nowhere.  I went back a couple pages in the Recruiting Forum to find his commitment thread but I couldn't seem to find it.

What's his back story?  Do we know what drew his to OM?  Was he ever high on the Hogs?  Thanks.

IIRC, they offered long before us and just had a better relationship with him.  We were like the sixth school to offer LaMichael.
1909/1964/1965/1977

forrest city joe

I hope RD will see this thread and tell us if the Arkansas staff is even still recruiting this kid. or have they moved on?

RazorPiggie

I would bet we are still recruiting him. Someone said earlier in the thread that Pettway said he was still getting love from Arkansas.

The Boar War

Quote from: Wildhog on August 28, 2014, 10:35:53 am
IIRC, they offered long before us and just had a better relationship with him.  We were like the sixth school to offer LaMichael.

Apparently KJ's parents thought our process of offering only after personally watching was odd as well.  He still might not commit but apparently the relationship has been repaired.  Maybe a similar situation with Pettway.

onebadrubi

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 28, 2014, 10:37:00 am
I hope RD will see this thread and tell us if the Arkansas staff is even still recruiting this kid. or have they moved on?

What we have learned and seen, this staff does not offer an instate kid that is not commitable.  So that being said, if Pettway called Bielema, I would expect Bielema to say hold off, lets sit down and talk in person, and make the best decision for you.  Now, if Bielema want's Pettway in some bad awful way, he may say go ahead and do it, come on board with KJ and Gragg.   I really do not think this staff would have offered if it was not commitable, especially this early in the year. 

RazorPiggie

I like us not offering unless we've seen them in person. You don't know what the character or attitude of a kid is like just off film. Just my opinion tho.

The Boar War

Quote from: RazorPiggie on August 28, 2014, 10:47:54 am
I like us not offering unless we've seen them in person. You don't know what the character or attitude of a kid is like just off film. Just my opinion tho.

Mine too.  But I understand that it might take some getting used to if youre a highly recruited athlete who's receiving offers from other SEC schools.  Since its a new process I can see how they might take it as an insult.

PorkRinds

Quote from: The Boar War on August 28, 2014, 10:44:46 am
Apparently KJ's parents thought our process of offering only after personally watching was odd as well.  He still might not commit but apparently the relationship has been repaired.  Maybe a similar situation with Pettway.

I do get where they were coming from.  It likely doesn't sit well when you don't automatically get an offer from the in state school, especially if it's your dream to play for them as has been stated by the family.  But I also get where the staff is coming from.  Out of state schools have the luxury of offering any and everyone out of state because if it doesn't work out, they don't lose out on personal connections, and there usually aren't personal feelings involved.  But in state is different.  If you offer a kid, you BETTER make sure it's someone you really want and that the offer stands all the way through NSD, even if they don't commit.  Because if not, you can sever in state ties that you never get back.  So I get both sides of it.  I hope it all works out, because in the end, this staff knows how important these in state kids are, which in my view, is why they are more cautious about those offers.

PonderinHog

Quote from: The Boar War on August 28, 2014, 10:52:25 am
Mine too.  But I understand that it might take some getting used to if youre a highly recruited athlete who's receiving offers from other SEC schools.  Since its a new process I can see how they might take it as an insult.
I could be construed that way if the process wasn't fully explained to them.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: forrest city joe on August 28, 2014, 08:32:55 am
Or have we moved on since his commit to Ole Miss. here his tweet last night.       La'Michael Pettway.. ?@Iam_Primetimee4

Pettway, Hill, Gragg??? Huh?? @W_Gragg7 @KayJayHill

Is this a plea for them to come to Ole Miss with him?(KJ does not even have Ole Miss on his list anymore) or is he re-thinking his committment to Ole Miss, and thinking of coming to Arkansas? would we take him if he wants to come now ? ( i would) he's an in-state kid we offered, and it's not that he left the state, and is trying to come back. and last thing. are we even still recruiting this kid ? what do you guys think is going on with this kid ?

Welll FCJ, tell me the star recruit coming out of Forrest City? Is he a senior, junior or sophomore? I'm interested in the good recruit from there.

Philip Seaton

That plus a lot has to do with not making a mistake on an Arkansas kid and possibly burning a bridge. You can burn a bridge or two out-of-state, but you cannot afford to burn one bridge in Arkansas.

hawgwash

Quote from: The Boar War on August 28, 2014, 10:44:46 am
The longer Bielema and staff are at Arkansas the less of an issue this will be as they will have been recruting these kids since their freshman or sophomore years.

One thing I don't understand though is wouldn't they have not seen any NLR games last year?  We signed Juan Day, a senior last year, from there.  And NLR is a program that should command some attention from the staff every year, at least as long as they continue to produce the type athletes they have been.

onebadrubi

RD just said Arkansas is still recruiting pettway hard and he does not think pettway's recruitment is over

forrest city joe

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 12:42:03 pm
RD just said Arkansas is still recruiting pettway hard and he does not think pettway's recruitment is over
Good news. i want every Arkansas kid we offer to stay home.if KJ, Will and Pettway stay home. that fence that coach B talked about when he got the job, will have been built. when is the last time Arkansas got all the in-state players it offered ?

PorkRinds

Quote from: onebadrubi on August 28, 2014, 12:42:03 pm

Uh oh.  The shoe could drop here.  I'll flip out if this happens.  RD saying that says more than what his statement does.  It says to me that things could change rapidly.  Couple that with Pettway's tweet, and we could be on the verge of something really exciting guys.  It's hard to temper my excitement.  WPS.  :razorback:

mhuff

+1

The Boar War

Quote from: hawgwash on August 28, 2014, 12:18:39 pm
The longer Bielema and staff are at Arkansas the less of an issue this will be as they will have been recruting these kids since their freshman or sophomore years.

One thing I don't understand though is wouldn't they have not seen any NLR games last year?  We signed Juan Day, a senior last year, from there.  And NLR is a program that should command some attention from the staff every year, at least as long as they continue to produce the type athletes they have been.

I think they want to actually meet and vet the kids.  Obviously theres merit to this system as many posters have noted.  However I also think they use it as a check to an instate recruits ego. 

If you have a kid who can understand the process and realize that the U of A is more than one athlete then you have a recruit that's much less likely to be a premadonna and more likely to put the team in front of themself.

It might scare off, confuse, or insult some kids but that's the risk you take.  It's much safer than recruiting a distraction and having to explain to you fan base why you had to release an Arkansan.

Bubba's Bruisers

What's even more significant is that it's a higher quantity and higher quality in-state crop than usual too.  9 out of 9 would be phenomenal.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Break & Run

IF those three commit before Saturday's game, it will give the program even more momentum going into the season.

Sure would be nice starting the season with some momentum since April 4, 2012...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

immahog

I close my eyes an I see TY throwing to Hill,Gragg,O'grady and pettway !!! sweet baby jesus
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

PorkRinds

Quote from: immahog on August 28, 2014, 02:11:41 pm
I close my eyes an I see TY throwing to Hill,Gragg,O'grady and pettway !!! sweet baby jesus

Wow.  Seriously.

OLDHOG

I agree. Sometimes u just got to look them in the eyes to see the soul, ya know what I'm sayin?

LRHawg

Hawgzinbowlz

The coaches and recruits/parents-guardians need to look each other in the eyes and make a decision.
This contact sets the tone for the relationship.
Particularly important with in-state recruits that could receive an offer that would be difficult to withdraw. CBB won't easily withdraw an in-state offer. It would make fence building more difficult.
K.J. needs to come on. Coach Herb and Coach Michael Smith would work wonders.

" GO HOGS "

Music City Hog

Pettway just retweeted this:

@bear_man3: "@_WooPigSooie51: Putting Arkansas back on the map. Let's get it @W_Gragg7 @KayJayHill @Iam_Primetimee4 http://t.co/Ww92Lg2UNS"#WPS

hogwild210

Quote from: Music City Hog on August 28, 2014, 03:57:45 pm
Pettway just retweeted this:

@bear_man3: "@_WooPigSooie51: Putting Arkansas back on the map. Let's get it @W_Gragg7 @KayJayHill @Iam_Primetimee4 http://t.co/Ww92Lg2UNS"#WPS

That's a pretty awesome PhotoShop job.
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.