Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crossfit for Chicks

Started by Sue E NoNutts, September 26, 2013, 10:07:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue E NoNutts

I've been checking out Crossfit, debating whether or not I should give it a try.  I'm a little worried, though, that it won't give me enough cardio to help me lose fat.  I'm not worried about bulking up because I know that chicks don't really bulk up unless they are hard core weight lifters.

So, can you guys give me some info?  Would I get enough cardio?  Do you know any chicks that have done Crossfit?  Thanks.
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

Lose/Loose.  When you lose weight, your pants feel loose.

clutch

Crossfit is amazing for girls. There is a saying that I've heard, "Crossfit: makes chicks hotter and guys get small." From what I've noticed, it's true. I know a lot of girls who do crossfit and they have amazing bodies now.

You will definitely get enough cardio. It's a lot of cardio. It may not seem like it when you look at some of their workouts, but they way they are designed makes them heavy cardio exercises. It's built around doing the circuit style exercises fast and improving your time each time, so it will definitely be good cardio.

I don't really like the program for guys who are looking to do anything other than loose a few pounds, but for girls it's great.

Snoutmaster

You will get cardio for sure doing Crossfit.  My gf goes to Crossfit and has seen real good results, I agree that some of the workouts don't look that daunting but when you get in to the workout you find the cardio.  Most of the Crossfit gyms have free trials so you could go check it out before you commit to anything.

Sue E NoNutts

Thanks for the replies!

Snoutmaster, how long did it take for your gf to start seeing results?  And how often does she go?
Your/You're.....the difference between knowing your shite and knowing you're shite.

clutch

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on September 27, 2013, 09:43:21 pm
Thanks for the replies!

Snoutmaster, how long did it take for your gf to start seeing results?  And how often does she go?

I know I'm not who you directed that question to, but it will all depend no where you stand right now. If you are in really good shape right now, it will take a little bit longer for you to notice results compared to if you are way out of shape. If you are eating right and going at 2-3 times a week you will see some results pretty quickly.

The key is eating good though. You will notice so much more of a change if you aren't filling your body with garbage.

Snoutmaster

Quote from: Sue E NoNutts on September 27, 2013, 09:43:21 pm
Thanks for the replies!

She goes 4 days a week on average, she's lost about 15 lbs in about 2 months...and Clutch is on point about the eating clean, she is eating pretty clean an has been averaging 2ish pounds a week....Hope that helps and Good luck Sue!!

DOGALUM

Go ahead and post the before pics for us. 

Thanks
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

Hogsmo Kramer

Crossfit chicks are smoking hot and I mean smoking!

I agree with Clutch that its better for girls than guys at least what I've seen of it.

Good luck!
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Hogsmo Kramer on September 30, 2013, 11:29:15 pm
Crossfit chicks are smoking hot and I mean smoking!

I agree with Clutch that its better for girls than guys at least what I've seen of it.

Good luck!

Completely unscientific observations:  Women seem to have fewer injury issues than guys too.  Guys try to go heavy on all those compound movements for speed and end up jacked up (not in the good way).  Females don't usually make it such a pissing contest. 

RazrRila99

I have talked to several females who have hurt their back doing Crossfit, even having "professional" trainers teaching the class.  Just be careful.  Go check out Staci Ardison on Nerd Fitness, read her story and her just posted update.  That might give some good guidance. 

Anything that gives a good reason to exercise is good for the body, however I think CrossFit is not a end all be all for everyone. 

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: RazrRila99 on October 01, 2013, 11:38:30 am
I have talked to several females who have hurt their back doing Crossfit, even having "professional" trainers teaching the class.  Just be careful.  Go check out Staci Ardison on Nerd Fitness, read her story and her just posted update.  That might give some good guidance. 

Anything that gives a good reason to exercise is good for the body, however I think CrossFit is not a end all be all for everyone.

Nothing is the end all be all for everyone.

I do second the being careful though.

Many of the exercises in cross fit are advanced and should be taught properly through proper progressions.

To the OP just make sure you go at your own pace and make sure the trainers know what they're doing. If they try to just throw you into overhead squats, cleans, etc. without adequate coaching on form find somewhere else to train.

Watch how they train people and make sure they're sticklers on form as much as the workout itself and never sacrifice good form to go faster or lift more weight. That's a one way ticket to an injury especially with advanced exercises.

Remember you're in there to better yourself and you can't do that if you get injured.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Snoutmaster

Sue E NoNutts

Thanks everyone for the responses!

DeltaBoy

Have fun cause at my age with my aliments I would wind up in traction or at the Chriopractor if I tryed 90% of that stuff.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.