Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every Hog recruits location for the past 50 years!

Started by EverydayAllDay, February 23, 2016, 10:47:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: EverydayAllDay on February 23, 2016, 10:47:57 am
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/datahog-50-years-of-football-recruiting/

Remember Frank Kalil who played O-Line for Holtz? How did we ever miss out on his son, Matt Kalil (6-7, 317), an All American LT at USC and an eventual Pro Bowler for the Vikings? We need to reach out to former players, continue to bring them back and make them an integral part of our program. We might pick up some great legacy players as a result.
Go Hogs Go!

pignparadise

"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

redeye

It does seem to have a lot of holes and that doesn't seem like many players for 50+ years.  However, these things stand out to me:

1. The few players from Mississippi.  South Carolina and Kentucky are the only SEC states with less.  Even though I know we've always struggled recruiting Mississippi, I didn't realize it was this bad.  Also interesting that about half the players listed from Mississippi were signed by Ford.

2. The Houston area has been very good for Arkansas.  I knew it had been, but that may be better then expected, when comparing to DFW.

3. The mountainous regions of Arkansas haven't produced much that wasn't connected to an interstate.  No real surprise here, but it's interesting to see.

hawgXi

SDZ_Hog

Quote from: hawgXi on February 24, 2016, 07:53:41 am
what the sam hill? no dot on australia.
Think they used the last place they were at prior to coming to the UofA.  So Sam would have been from SanFran.   Green is listed as being from LA because he transferred from USC but really was from Little Rock.  I noticed Town wasn't listed at all.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Seebs on February 24, 2016, 09:26:04 am
This would be a great Robert Shields column.
Nah. Contains way too much FACTUAL information for little Bobby S.

josh_sec33

Co worker of mine (who I also taught in high school before he went to Arkansas) isn't listed,

Lots of holes.

Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

ricepig

Quote from: josh_sec33 on February 24, 2016, 03:00:21 pm
Co worker of mine (who I also taught in high school before he went to Arkansas) isn't listed,

Lots of holes.

Yeah, if I looked at it correctly it left off 3-4 from Jonesboro, and that's just the scholarship guys.

bob slydell

*this is not a criticism of moderatin.