Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about signing day

Started by Hogtropolis™, February 06, 2008, 05:20:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

If a recruit doesn't sign on signing day what are his options from that point on?  Is he still open for any school to recruit him?  Will he still be eligible to play the following season?

I was just got to wondering about that since it was taking Matt Hall so long to get his LOI in.  Thanks.

Adam Stokes

I'm pretty sure they have until April 1st to sign with a team.

LuckyGiraffe

You don't HAVE to sign an LOI to a school.  All it does is bind the University to guarantee you a scholarship for the first year.

The LOI actually binds the student to a far greater degree than it binds the University.

If I or my child was a top 10 player, I would never sign an LOI.

jry04

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on February 06, 2008, 05:20:42 pm
If a recruit doesn't sign on signing day what are his options from that point on?  Is he still open for any school to recruit him?  Will he still be eligible to play the following season?

I was just got to wondering about that since it was taking Matt Hall so long to get his LOI in.  Thanks.
The reason that it took Matt Hall so long is because Russellville High School sucks. I attended it for 3 years, and when it comes to sports it is ridiculous. I won't get into all of it, but I could provide a list of rules and things they have done that would make you drop your jaw.

Every year that we had people sign to play at a college the principals scheduled the assembly for 2:30 at the end of the school day.