Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For all you fans that keep screaming "Get it to the post"

Started by draftkings33, January 31, 2018, 01:05:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbill

the eyeball test does not lie. I know what we were doing when we looked good for a little while in yesterday's game. I know what we do when we look incompetent.

Knot2brite

This bull right here is why basketball is becoming a waste of time to watch at the college level. Everybody wants to do it the way that the NBA does it. Well I don't watch the NBA because it may be called basketball but it isn't basketball. No defense, no structure and no one plays worth a darn until the playoffs. College athletics used to be amateur sports where you played the game hard and correct and if you had the luck of making it to the pro level then you could do what ever it was at that level. The pro game has crept into the college level with the lack of physicality and now the lack of common sense. High percentage shots are better...the further you are away from the goal the harder it is to make it....common sense is gone ...
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

razorpimp

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 01:05:41 pm
http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-dantoni-why-3-pointers-are-best-shots-in-basketball-2016-12

The post up is one of the worst plays you can do in basketball!

Well we got beat down by a team that plays big man ball which allowed them to have shoot around 3s in the second half

The post up allows the ball to be kicked back out or reversed for an open 3, what we do is....well...whatever

Kevin

Teams that win, the ball touches the paint. Either by pass or dribble. Arkansas get very little paint touches in the half court
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

draftkings33

LOL people just won't buy into the facts.  The post up is not an efficient play in basketball.  I know its hard to understand for all of you who have heard their whole life "feed the post", "LOOK", usually the same people saying "get your hands up on defense"(another big No No)

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 31, 2018, 01:59:27 pm
This bull right here is why basketball is becoming a waste of time to watch at the college level. Everybody wants to do it the way that the NBA does it. Well I don't watch the NBA because it may be called basketball but it isn't basketball. No defense, no structure and no one plays worth a darn until the playoffs. College athletics used to be amateur sports where you played the game hard and correct and if you had the luck of making it to the pro level then you could do what ever it was at that level. The pro game has crept into the college level with the lack of physicality and now the lack of common sense. High percentage shots are better...the further you are away from the goal the harder it is to make it....common sense is gone ...
Once again you live up to your name.  Would you rather shoot a 3 at 33% or a 2 at 45%?  I guess the Warriors, Cavs, and Rockets are just dumb huh?

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 02:38:50 pm
Once again you live up to your name.  Would you rather shoot a 3 at 33% or a 2 at 45%?  I guess the Warriors, Cavs, and Rockets are just dumb huh?
You folks today are dumber than a bag of hammers. College teams play defense ( a foreign concept lost in anyone younger than 25) and that soft darn they play in the NBA doesn't exist in the NCAA. If you are only worried about scoring then yes it the way to go....but this isn't the NBA and it is still a low post centric game...I am tired of dumbasses

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 31, 2018, 02:43:02 pm
You folks today are dumber than a bag of hammers. College teams play defense ( a foreign concept lost in anyone younger than 25) and that soft darn they play in the NBA doesn't exist in the NCAA. If you are only worried about scoring then yes it the way to go....but this isn't the NBA and it is still a low post centric game...I am tired of dumbasses
Is that why JImmer Fridette was dropping 40 in NCAA tourney games and he couldn't score in the NBA?  Oh and yes on offense all Im worried about is scoring. 

phadedhawg

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 02:38:50 pm

The Warriors, Cavs, and Rockets are made up exclusively with NBA players because, umm...they iz NBA teams.  I'm sure if Arkansas could recruit NBA caliber shooters we'd be winning more than we are. 

draftkings33

Quote from: phadedhawg on January 31, 2018, 02:47:48 pm
The Warriors, Cavs, and Rockets are made up exclusively with NBA players because, umm...they iz NBA teams.  I'm sure if Arkansas could recruit NBA caliber shooters we'd be winning more than we are.
Barford and Macon shoot a better percentage from 3 than most NBA players

hobhog

howie76

Good things happen when the ball goes inside.. defenses break down. You can still shoot the 3 but when it comes from the inside out you usually get more looks at the basket and not rushed.

draftkings33

On average across the board teams average .779 points per possession on a post up.  This means you would be more efficient shooting 26 percent from 3. 

draftkings33

Quote from: howie76 on January 31, 2018, 02:51:28 pm
Good things happen when the ball goes inside.. defenses break down. You can still shoot the 3 but when it comes from the inside out you usually get more looks at the basket and not rushed.
Better things happen with spacing and penetration. 

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 02:44:09 pm
Is that why JImmer Fridette was dropping 40 in NCAA tourney games and he couldn't score in the NBA?  Oh and yes on offense all Im worried about is scoring. 
I pray that at no point you are a coach or have a child that could possibly have the ability to play at the college level because under your tutelage and guidance they will never achieve their potential...and I am scared to death that at some point you will be a parent in the area I coach because you are the kind of person that makes coaches drink...you are what  I am tired of

hobhog

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 02:51:51 pm
On average across the board teams average .779 points per possession on a post up.  This means you would be more efficient shooting 26 percent from 3.

Doesn't seem to help the Hogs....

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 31, 2018, 02:53:53 pm
I pray that at no point you are a coach or have a child that could possibly have the ability to play at the college level because under your tutelage and guidance they will never achieve their potential...and I am scared to death that at some point you will be a parent in the area I coach because you are the kind of person that makes coaches drink...you are what  I am tired of
LOL you are actually a coach?  Wow and you haven't got a clue.  Typical.  What junior high team do you coach?

howie76

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 02:52:52 pm
Better things happen with spacing and penetration.
sometimes yes I agree.. but I don't believe that against a zone

mhuff

How do the games go when we shoot 25,% or lower on 3's. How easy is it to shoot 3"sn when we don't move the ball to get good shots and they're playing defense further out because we are not passing it inside.

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 02:59:42 pm
LOL you are actually a coach?  Wow and you haven't got a clue.  Typical.  What junior high team do you coach?
Obviously not the one you are presently attending....never coached junior high ..never went that far down

Danny J

Quote from: mhuff on January 31, 2018, 03:03:15 pm
How do the games go when we shoot 25,% or lower on 3's. How easy is it to shoot 3"sn when we don't move the ball to get good shots and they're playing defense further out because we are not passing it inside.
Yep...can't shoot high % 3's without penetration of some sort whether it's dribble drive or pass down low then kick out. What aTm was getting early in the 2nd half would be considered high % 3's. What Macon was doing at UGA would be considered low % 3's that we lucked out on.

IMO the problems we have mainly stem from bad D. Offense will come and go but D should remain consistent and it doesn't.

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 31, 2018, 03:05:51 pm
Obviously not the one you are presently attending....never coached junior high ..never went that far down
so at 3pm you are posting on Hogville and you are a coach?

Dillon23

I want it to go to the post to open up the offense, not to shoot more inside shots necessarily.

draftkings33

Quote from: Dillon23 on January 31, 2018, 03:23:33 pm
I want it to go to the post to open up the offense, not to shoot more inside shots necessarily.
passing out of the post is an efficient play.  Posting up to score is not for most players

draftkings33

I guess knotsobrite went on to practice.  I bet he has a bunch of plays to work on....

MountieDawg

http://www.businessinsider.com/dan-dantoni-why-3-pointers-are-best-shots-in-basketball-2016-12

Stats lie,  when you work the ball in and back out the 3's are open more often....  If the defense swarms and fails to get the ball people are left wide open for 3 and those are good percentage shots... Also, why teams playing Arkansas shoot so well from 3!
SEC!

jm

This is exactly the problem with our team. We do not make the other team defend the entire floor. A&M just stood 2 guys under the rim and defended the 3 point line. We do not have the inside game or mid range game to force the issue. We can't high/low or get Gafford one on one touches because we don't have guys with the skills. We usually take 3 point shots off of passes coming from the side and have to shoot slightly off balance or have to get square before the shot. Anyone who packs it in with a couple of guys to cut off the drive and defends the 3 point line will give us fits.

swineology

We don't get it to the post Genius.

Gafford and Thompson are averaging 7 points a game while our forwards are averaging under 4 pts. per game.
We're losing games because the guards can't make up the lost poinst that the bigs don't score.

Watch basketball much?

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 03:19:36 pm
so at 3pm you are posting on Hogville and you are a coach?
It is called a prep period...yes I went to practice...not so many plays to work on and you are still wrong ...

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 31, 2018, 05:48:44 pm
It is called a prep period...yes I went to practice...not so many plays to work on and you are still wrong ...
Hope HS gets a shot clock!  30 seconds

draftkings33

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 31, 2018, 04:34:35 pm
Stats lie,  when you work the ball in and back out the 3's are open more often....  If the defense swarms and fails to get the ball people are left wide open for 3 and those are good percentage shots... Also, why teams playing Arkansas shoot so well from 3!
I don't disagree.  I like passing out of the post

draftkings33

Quote from: swineology on January 31, 2018, 05:26:55 pm
We don't get it to the post Genius.

Gafford and Thompson are averaging 7 points a game while our forwards are averaging under 4 pts. per game.
We're losing games because the guards can't make up the lost poinst that the bigs don't score.

Watch basketball much?
Im guessing a lot more than you.  But do you do the research?  Go to synergy sports and fork over the 20 bucks.  These stats don't lie.

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 05:58:15 pm
Hope HS gets a shot clock!  30 seconds
Won't happen for a while ....at least not in NFHS federation states ....

HogsonHicks

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 05:59:47 pm
I don't disagree.  I like passing out of the post

Haha.  You entire thread was based on not getting the ball to the post, then this.  You're anti-smart.

draftkings33

Knot2brite

Quote from: draftkings33 on January 31, 2018, 06:41:41 pm
sad
Doesn't bother most smaller school..itnis actually the larger schools that really don't want it...smaller schools are used to running a fast paced offense but larger schools have gotten into the pass it 42 times before you can shoot mode over the years...if they did put a shot clock I can tell you it wouldn't be 30 seconds...more like 40-45....

draftkings33

Quote from: Knot2brite on January 31, 2018, 06:45:47 pm
Doesn't bother most smaller school..itnis actually the larger schools that really don't want it...smaller schools are used to running a fast paced offense but larger schools have gotten into the pass it 42 times before you can shoot mode over the years...if they did put a shot clock I can tell you it wouldn't be 30 seconds...more like 40-45....
45 lol

swineology