Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

new explination of Reggie Perry's decommit?

Started by STLhawg, September 26, 2017, 04:57:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STLhawg

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/sep/26/auburn-assistant-among-10-accused-fraud-corruption/

The director of global sports marketing at Adidas arrested on federal corruption charges for bribing and fraud for steering kids.  I have to wonder if Perry is one of the kids they don't name in the article?

Fan701

Yeah, the Reggie Perry thing always smelled funny.  Now it reeks.

RealHog

Thought this exact thing. Perry mostly played on Adidas circuit, and he suddenly switched to Howland and an Adidas school after all he said once he had a great summer. That seems a rep or coach approaching with a "proposal". Howland led notoriously shady programs at UCLA.

Hogs49ers

Yep pretty clear - "Kim said the managers and financial advisers were "circling blue-chip prospects like coyotes" and that "employees of one of the world's largest sportswear companies [was] secretly funneling cash to the families of high school recruits."

I am sooo pissed right now.  I wonder if the Perry family will start feeling the heat, and rethink their decision to get involved.

Someone should put in an anonymous tip to the FBI regarding the Perry situation. 
SCREW Vandy!

bville_hog

Remember when people kept saying MAYBE Ole Miss is cheating to get top 5 recruiting classes...why are we so naive? 

RealHog

Quote from: Hogs49ers on September 26, 2017, 06:27:47 pm

I am sooo pissed right now.  I wonder if the Perry family will start feeling the heat, and rethink their decision to get involved.

Bet they will just hurry up and spend that sweet Adidas cash. 💰💰💰

HogFoo

That one dude that was traveling with the team that Perry was with over in Europe i think had ties to adidas and was also a big friend of Howland at Piss.ST.  I bet his underwear is full of egg rolls bout now.  Serves him right if he gets taken down.  And funny thing about Perry, on a different note he has a official visit to Piss st schedule for this weekend and last week he put that something like "He had always wished for a head coach to sit on his couch and tell him that he was wanted "  which kind of bothered me and I tweeted him to remind him how someone already did that, his dream school, his duke, his Kentucky.  Of course he never responded.  But yeah, I hope miss st gets it.

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

20hog11

One of the recruiting guys made a comment on twitter following Reggies announcement that adidas was a big part of the reason why they thought he chose miss st. If I can find the tweet I'll post it.

The_Iceman

I want to offer my fullest apologies to Mike Anderson and staff for any negative comments I made regarding the loss of Reggie Perry

edt

This is exactly what happened with Perry. Howland and Miss. St. are cheating like hell. Really explains T J Cleveland's comment when asked about Perry recently.

King Kong

Quote from: edt on September 27, 2017, 05:35:04 am
This is exactly what happened with Perry. Howland and Miss. St. are cheating like hell. Really explains T J Cleveland's comment when asked about Perry recently.

TJ isn't allowed to publicly comment on Perry. He can only retweet or like posts

edt

Quote from: King Kong on September 27, 2017, 06:26:52 am
TJ isn't allowed to publicly comment on Perry. He can only retweet or like posts
It was not a public comment.

hogwood

hogwood

This whole thing just makes me really value CMA and staff. With all these punks going down, and with CMA just persevering no matter what, eventually we will have our day.

HogCzar1

Well, of the following 2 choices, which is the most likely reason that Reggie Perry really decommitted from Arkansas?
A. His father's illness
B. Mississippi St./Adidas $$$

Big Nasty 34

Hogs basketball and CMA may finally get a break running a clean program. Now if we could get some help on the football side...

Little Lady Back

Quote from: HogCzar1 on September 27, 2017, 08:55:32 am
Well, of the following 2 choices, which is the most likely reason that Reggie Perry really decommitted from Arkansas?
A. His father's illness
B. Mississippi St./Adidas $$$

I'll take B for $100...
#NolanRichardsonCourt

RealHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 27, 2017, 03:53:00 am
I want to offer my fullest apologies to Mike Anderson and staff for any negative comments I made regarding the loss of Reggie Perry

Ditto, the game is rigged, and they never had a chance. Here's to hoping M$ $tate gets caught up in the scandal.

jjdlc

Going to be interesting to follow recruiting for a few years.  With the FBI involved some of the money being thrown around will dry up for a while.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: jjdlc on September 27, 2017, 11:16:08 am
Going to be interesting to follow recruiting for a few years.  With the FBI involved some of the money being thrown around will dry up for a while.
Hogs up! Covid down!

MemphisBossHog

agreed.  But I remember Reggie's mom getting on Twitter and giving Ark fans all kinds of Hades saying there was no way she would ever let her son go to a place with fans like Hog fans all the time knowing that she and her husband were most likely (nothings been proven yet) on the take from Addidas.  I hate that we lost a 5 star talent.  Mike was on him BEFORE he got his 5th star and tried to do things the right way.  I truly hope that the kid is forced to decommit like the Montgomery kid did from Auburn.  Miss Stake doesn't deserve him.  It surely was amazing that Ben Howland took a basketball job in a football conference in Starkpatch, MS and all of a sudden, just like the football recruits flowing into Oxford for Hugh Freeze, top flight basketball talent started making its way there.  Like no one would figure it out.  Its normal for great basketball recruits to go to.....Starkpatch???? Ahhhh no!

HawgsPolo

Too funny, I'll give you a week or two
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: edt on September 27, 2017, 05:35:04 am
Yep. just look at all those players Howland got last year.we are blessed to have Mike Anderson as head coach. he will not cheat to win. this is why 4 and 5 star guys are willing to sit on the bench at places like KY,rather than getting playing time at a school like Arkansas.Goodwin and Monk made business decisions remember?

forrest city joe

Quote from: jjdlc on September 27, 2017, 11:16:08 am
Which will be good for Arkansas.Nolan warn about this kind of BS over 20 years ago.

hogwood

Quote from: MemphisBossHog on September 27, 2017, 11:43:59 am
agreed.  But I remember Reggie's mom getting on Twitter and giving Ark fans all kinds of Hades saying there was no way she would ever let her son go to a place with fans like Hog fans all the time knowing that she and her husband were most likely (nothings been proven yet) on the take from Addidas.  I hate that we lost a 5 star talent.  Mike was on him BEFORE he got his 5th star and tried to do things the right way.  I truly hope that the kid is forced to decommit like the Montgomery kid did from Auburn.  Miss Stake doesn't deserve him.  It surely was amazing that Ben Howland took a basketball job in a football conference in Starkpatch, MS and all of a sudden, just like the football recruits flowing into Oxford for Hugh Freeze, top flight basketball talent started making its way there.  Like no one would figure it out.  Its normal for great basketball recruits to go to.....Starkpatch???? Ahhhh no!

LOL! "Starkpatch Legacy"