Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why and how do people that don't go to games

Started by bythelake, November 18, 2017, 07:42:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bythelake

think they have a right to have a say.  My bones shook today as it was cold.

Dam internet warriors.  You [CENSORED] are a liability to the ua.

Pig in the Pokey

none of us have a say. All of us have a say. it is what it is, man.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

IronHog

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 07:42:38 pm

Refund our taxes that go to UA and you'll have a point
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

AirWarren

K.

dfwalumdad

did you honestly think we were going to win?

i've lived through a few of the seasons in 56 years. great you can follow bert at his new gig.

fyi it'll probably be at least two years befor he get's a gig.

Martygit

Started going to the games in the early 50's - continued until a few years ago - sat in the sun and sweated, froze damn near to death from time to time, got rained on a bunch of times - now, at an advanced age, the effort is just not what I want to be doing and I can watch them on TV - so, I don't have a right to comment?
RIP OTR, REV

cjack

Because I live 5 hours away.  I make at least 2 football games each year.  I drive up for at least 2 basketball games.  I drive up for at least 2 baseball series and 1 softball series.  How many 5 hour trips do you make to show your support? 
Woooo Pig Soooie!

bythelake

Ironhog,

I got your tax money and you got your negativity.  Go hogs

247Hog

Quote from: cjack on November 18, 2017, 07:49:38 pm
Because I live 5 hours away.  I make at least 2 football games each year.  I drive up for at least 2 basketball games.  I drive up for at least 2 baseball series and 1 softball series.  How many 5 hour trips do you make to show your support?

Crickets...crickets....crickets...

He must have stayed at the lake  :'(
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

HogPharmer

I guess our veterans overseas don't have a right to say. I guess fans that live in Virginia and California and every other state don't have a right to say. Sorry, I have a highly demanding job where I work most Saturdays and live 3 hours away. I guess because I chose a career path that doesn't give me every game day off so I can go to every game, I should be banned from this board and not be given a right to say anything about this team or the poor turnout of our fan base.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

East Clintwood

Why would anyone listen to you?

You're the nut that's sitting outside in a cold rain watching a train wreck.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

IronHog

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 18, 2017, 07:52:12 pm

Why would anyone listen to you?

You're the nut that's sitting outside in a cold rain watching a train wreck.

Truth
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

bythelake

Yea, we we all have our reasons for not going to games,  understand.

But there seems to be more than enough people lurking to criticize without ever going to games or investing in the team.

People who don't go to games get these snap shots of not so full stands and gloat.  What kind of fan is that.  It is just time to call bs.

HogPharmer

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 07:58:03 pm

But there seems to be more than enough people lurking to criticize without ever going to games or investing in the team.

People who don't go to games get these snap shots of not so full stands and gloat.  What kind of fan is that.  It is just time to call bs.

You'd probably serve yourself better to just go ahead and stop.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Nipsey Mussle

So, I'm trying to stay with you here. If you don't attend a game, you can't call anyone out, right?

But if you attend a game, you can call anyone and everyone out, not just the team, right? 

I'm gonna attend a basketball game soon and then proudly go call out my boss, everyone on here, family members, and myself, while I'm at it.

bythelake

Hey guys, sorry if the truth hurts.

But, yea, would be smart to shut up and let the status quo continue.

Enough said from me ,  good night and continue your bs.

Martygit

BFD - you went to a game - by the time you're my age I can guarantee you that you won't have been to as many games as I have been to

Oh, and good night - sleep tight
RIP OTR, REV

SemperFi

Your statement is arrogant and you presume that just because all of Razorback Nation cannot attend a live game that you that can, are the only ones to be able to voice an opinion. I don't give a rat's ass if you froze yours off. You have as much say in what happens at the UA as do I. I've been attending games for many years, but my job has taken me out of state so I follow as best as I can and the UA still profits from fandom. Even then, I realize that I have zero say in what happens on the Hill, but because I am a die hard fan I will voice my opinion when things stink up there.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Rayzback

Do these internet warriors look anything like the person in the mirror?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 07:58:03 pm

Those snapshots are not bs.

The horrible football is not bs.

The insane game time decisions are not bs.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 18, 2017, 07:59:08 pm
You'd probably serve yourself better to just go ahead and stop.
I think he came to the realization as he got a case of the limber tail and declared an early bedtime.

Tortfeasor

Haven't been to a game in several years due to living 9 hours away. Still have 4 season tickets and make my donation though. I will learn to keep my mouth shut and opinions to myself. Thanks for putting me in my place.

NuttinItUp

Lake dude just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Dropkick

I have over $5K invested in this years cluster F and I wasn't there. You can join the KMA club.

SooieGeneris

I have sat in games where it was way colder than it was today. I have sat in games, and sat thru the entire game when it was a downpour and a few where it was both.

The early start kept me from attending today, but in this country, there is a thing called the 1st amendment.

You and your ilk may not like it, but it gives all of us a right to express our opinions. If you don't like it, feel free to pack your stuff and head to North Korea where there is no freedom of expression..

You are a liability to the US constitution.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

bythelake

Quote from: MartinGit on November 18, 2017, 08:11:50 pm
BFD - you went to a game - by the time you're my age I can guarantee you that you won't have been to as many games as I have been to

Don't think so.  I'm old too.  Been ever since 64. 

Jowls

I remember driving from NWA to Memfuss to watch the Hogs play East Carolina in the dang ice bowl and I sat outside for the WHOLE game when it was 17 degrees. Why? Cause we had a coach that could coach and a team that knew how to win games. I live in NWA, 35 minutes from Razorback stadium and wouldn't take free tickets to watch the crud happening now. Worst part, I feel bad for the players as they deserve better.
I.D.I.C.

26.2Hog

Why and how do people that don't go to games think they have a right to have a say.  My bones shook today as it was cold.

It's called the first amendment, that"s why we have a right to say. I served my country so we would have a right to say, and also to protect your right to post your smarmy, disrespectful, sniveling BS.

I am a University of Arkansas alumnus.  I have attended well over 400 Razorback football games and donated tens of thousands to the program.

There are others like me, that no longer attend every game, that find your remarks not only naive, but insulting. 

There are also others that have more pressing financial needs than spending thousands of dollars to attend all of the games in Fayetteville.  They still contribute to the program by purchasing Razorback apparel and gear, root for the Hogs, and are an asset, not a liability to the U of A.  I am proud to call them my fellow fans.

Lose your arrogance, son.  You don't wear it well.

ipigsooie

I went to college at UA and donate what I can. I am a teacher and I go to 3 games a year bc that's what I can afford. I live in central arkansas and my mom lives in Dallas. I go to the lr game, the a&m game and 1 fville game. I feel like I do have a right to complain. My voice may not be heard but it's my voice. I am not happy with the direction that we have been going the past 5 years. I may not have been at the past few games but don't tell me my voice doesn't count.

trippigs

farmhawg

[/quote

Go jump on the lake. You are an embarrassment to your school.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Nipsey Mussle

I'm proud of the grey beards on here giving bythelake a proper thrashing lol

Martygit

"Don't think so.  I'm old too.  Been ever since 64. "

A mere child  ;) - however, I think you've learned your lesson  8)
RIP OTR, REV

moses_007

Well, some of us aren't physically able to attend games anymore.  I am in that boat.  I have a condition that prohibits me from walking great distances, up and down steep steps in a stadium, etc. 

And, why spend $55 or more to see a game when it's free on TV.  Sure being there is better (I've been to many of 'em over the years), but IMHO it isn't $75 better.

Swestwill66

We are all razorback fans! Somebody with more decals on his car than me doesn't make him a bigger fan!
Go Hogs !

bythelake

Well, I hope we have a good crowd for the Missouri game and support the seniors. 

Long fired, check.

Bielema gone , check.

No reason for a less than full crowd.  Hot dammit.  Come on and put your butt in the seats or just keep talking bs.  Even when it's tough.

hog911

I use to think like you! As I get older I have too many responsibilities to attend every game and I tend to use better common sense than standing out in the cold for best a team that would have been headed to Shreveport!

Martygit

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 08:27:26 pm
Well, I hope we have a good crowd for the Missouri game and support the seniors. 

Long fired, check.

Bielema gone , check.

No reason for a less than full crowd.  Hot dammit.  Come on and put your butt in the seats or just keep talking bs.  Even when it's tough.

I thought you were going to bed? Night-Night  :)
RIP OTR, REV

carolinahogger

Did you stand for the entire game?  Only super fans who stand for the whole game have a right to have a say.

Do you get extra credit for not taking along proper clothing for the weather?

26.2Hog

There comes a time in your life, when you really need to stop being a punk.

Captain Hogthrob

Troll much...?
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

farmhawg

Quote from: bythelake on November 18, 2017, 08:27:26 pm

Long fired, check.

Bielema gone , check.

Your an embarrassment.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

cjack

Quote from: 247Hog on November 18, 2017, 07:51:10 pm
Crickets...crickets....crickets...

He must have stayed at the lake  :'(

Crickets by the lake are nice.  In here, not so much.  He did try to defend his ridiculous post, I guess.
Woooo Pig Soooie!

rusvegashog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 18, 2017, 07:44:19 pm
none of us have a say. All of us have a say. it is what it is, man.
This, but I've  already came to a point in my life where I wish it wasn't that a way. SMH

Hogwarrior

Now this is the dumbest post I've seen in 2 days! 
Do you have a say about what happens in the Arkansas Legislature?  You don't work there or go when they go.  What about when you order a meal and it comes back wrong?  You don't work there or go every time they go.  Should you have a say at the local school, you don't go when they go.  Stupid OP!

bythelake

This is fun,  seeing a lot of support for team.

Let's make it to the game and support the seniors.

Think my post insulted the wrong group.

Props to all the supporters, but for others kma.  See you'll this weekend.

porkurina

I went to all state games from the age of 18 to 63.  I paid my dues and any price for the tickets.  I went to all bowl games  major and minor.  I have a bad heart and had to stop going to the games.  The walk was too stressful up and down those hills in Fayetteville and Little Rock.  I may be an internet warrior but I bleed Razorback red. And will to the day I die. I have just as much right as you to love my hogs and voice my opinion.

elksnort

Quote from: MartinGit on November 18, 2017, 08:11:50 pm

My favorite post in a awhile.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV