Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Give Stegal a look HDN (Miami lean)

Started by astarXzone, December 12, 2005, 10:48:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

astarXzone

why not?  he had awesome numbers as a QB , led his team to a state title and appears to be very smart, I mean football smart.  HDN needs to get his head out of the watch party for MM and go check this kid out.  I bet Malzahn would love to have this guy

BvilleHog

I am down with Stegall, he would add some quality depth as RS would say.

Big Papa Satan

Stegall is not a SEC QB, and I'm not sold on him even being a D-1 player at that position.

If he is offered as a QB, it'll be a waste of a scholarship.

hawgfan_18

he could be a good safety or something

Big Papa Satan

I believe so.  Shirt him for a year, let him add about 20 lbs of muscle.  I don't think he'd lose any speed.

BvilleHog

Are you guys kidding me, if RJ can get a D1 scollie that Stegall is at least that good.

Boared

I'm not that familiar with him. Is he mostly an option-style QB?

yraciv

nah Stegal is good, but I'm thinking stud at UCA or maybe backup at Arkansas State!  the kid will get to play baseball in college though too I think

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: BvilleHog on December 12, 2005, 10:54:26 pm
Are you guys kidding me, if RJ can get a D1 scollie that Stegall is at least that good.

Highly doubt it.  Remember, Johnson was a what, three star?  Stegall is two, at best.

He's Rhett Lashlee with mobility.  Not worthy of a scholarship at QB.

Ugly Uncle

Well, we have plenty of schollies it appears...and there is an opening at QB
Retired Radio Host

GrizzledHogFan

According to Scout.com, he's a 2-star and has offers from Air Force, Arkansas St., ULM, and Navy at this point.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1811343
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

hawkeyefan17

gmb_79,

I am glad you mentioned the offers he has. I heard Bo Mattingly say the other day during Press Row, after a caller mentioned going after Stegal if Arkansas looses Mustain. Bo mentioned that one of the service academies Army, Navy or Air Force appears to be a likely destination for Stegal.

If he does choose a service academy I think he would do well and it would be a great choice. Any time a kid wants to attend a service academy I think it is great.

HBTHogs

Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 10:48:52 pm
why not?  he had awesome numbers as a QB , led his team to a state title and appears to be very smart, I mean football smart.  HDN needs to get his head out of the watch party for MM and go check this kid out.  I bet Malzahn would love to have this guy

Your losing credibility with every post.

Big Papa Satan

From what I hear, Stegall's a good kid.  I'd love to see him serve his country.  He'd be a good fit at one of the service academies.

slaughts3

Quote from: HBTHogs on December 13, 2005, 12:38:02 am
Quote from: astarXzone on December 12, 2005, 10:48:52 pm
why not? he had awesome numbers as a QB , led his team to a state title and appears to be very smart, I mean football smart. HDN needs to get his head out of the watch party for MM and go check this kid out. I bet Malzahn would love to have this guy

Your losing credibility with every post.

I agree with you when you post this crap you lose credibility.  At best i see this kid excelling at special teams.  Maybe kickoff coverage or something

astarXzone

what did I lose credibility over?   What, that I think Stegal deserves a chance?  Why not?  I'll guarantee you that he is better than any QB we have on campus besides Casey Dick.  I tell you what, some people in this old world are afraid of their own shadow.   We aint gett'n mustain so we better go get Stegal before Air force or Navy gets him and he turns into Roger Stauback the 2nd

mbgrulz

i dont think we can hang our hats on any QB in this state besides MM. kodi burns is alright, but he's not the answer. same goes for stegall.

Hawgbrew

If we lose Mustain, we need to pull out all stops for Ryan Mallet from Texarkana who is a junior this year.  He will fit into Malzahns offense perfectly. 

hoggystyle78

If he's a 2 star I can't believe that nutt isn't all over him, that is about the average ranking for our recruits is it not? MM is gone so dale needs to sign a QB, I'm like another poster on here earlier who brought up the fact that we seem to have an abundance of scollies this year, so why not take a chance?, I'm sure if nutt does he won't be the only 2 star we sign, not by a long shot. Besides, right now it seems that we can't give away our scholarships, an SEC team that can't give away shollies?, your right huggers, we're not a joke, uh, YES WE ARE!

astarXzone

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on December 13, 2005, 07:51:27 am
If he's a 2 star I can't believe that nutt isn't all over him, that is about the average ranking for our recruits is it not? MM is gone so dale needs to sign a QB, I'm like another poster on here earlier who brought up the fact that we seem to have an abundance of scollies this year, so why not take a chance?, I'm sure if nutt does he won't be the only 2 star we sign, not by a long shot. Besides, right now it seems that we can't give away our scholarships, an SEC team that can't give away shollies?, your right huggers, we're not a joke, uh, YES WE ARE!
right on man.  take a chance.  you never know what stegal might turn out to be.  Uh, knowing the way nutt does things, he will go with 2 QB's , have 5 extra  schollies to give, and let Air Force or Navy get a pretty good QB that we could use ourselves

Coachjy

Stegall is another Landon Leach at best.

astarXzone

Landon would have been starting for Ark if not for shoulder problems

Ark Blitz

Quote from: Coachjy on December 13, 2005, 01:37:47 pm
Stegall is another Landon Leach at best.

Quote from: astarXzone on December 13, 2005, 01:38:43 pm
Landon would have been starting for Ark if not for shoulder problems

Leach would not be starting if he didn't have a shoulder problem.  Another wasted scholorship on a hometown hero.

Brewerfan10

If we don't get Mitch, I have no problem offering this guy. Why not use one of our scholarships and take a risk on this guy if MM doesn't come. The problem is, HDN has had a tendency to take a FEW too many risks on handing out offers.

bigred7987

Johnson was a 4 star not a 3 star.  #7 rated dual threat QB in the nation

The Coletrain

Quote from: bigred7987 on December 13, 2005, 02:53:22 pm
Johnson was a 4 star not a 3 star. #7 rated dual threat QB in the nation

Good call, bigred.  I was just about to post the same thing. 

I have not seen Stegall play, so I can't educatedly post anything other than what I've read.  But  I do know this, if he's not any better than Casey Dick then we don't need him at QB.  We've got a good shot at MM, if not then we turn our attention to Ryan Mallett and forget QB this year.  We'll have two sophomores and a junior next season.  Nobody outside of MM is going to contribute right away anyway, so if we don't get Mitch then forget any QBs for '06.  The only exception would be if we could land a big-time juco kid.  It would give Casey some comptetion, an experienced contingency plan in case of injury, and he would only hold a scholarship for two years.  But it would have to be the right guy or it wouldn't be worth it (ala the kid at Nebraska this season). 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

yraciv

Stegall can run, he'll do much better at Air Force or Navy.  Stegall is worst then every qb on campus right now!  It isn't close, he is 2 stars and maybe someday will be good, but to say he is better then qb's w/ experience who have already been up there for a year is ridiculous.

geoffhog

Stegall is a good passer and has good quickness/speed. I think he'll be successful at a Air Force/Navy type. The kind of kid you can't count out anywhere, even in the SEC, but I can't justify a scholarship.
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

Kicking Wing

I REALLY hope Stegall chooses ASU.  I believe it's between ASU and Air Force at this point.

Ugly Uncle

I really hope he goes to one of the military schools.  That is a great education plus he can retire at 38 from the military and almost name his price in another career.
Retired Radio Host