Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BREAKING: '18 Josh Leblanc commits to Georgetown ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, October 13, 2017, 09:10:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

BREAKING: '18 Josh Leblanc commits to Georgetown ... 6-7 CF is a composite Nat'l Top 100 / 4* and was the Under Armour circuit's Defensive Player of the Year in 2017 ... he had Hogs, TA&M, LSU, and Georgetown in his Final 4 ... he visited all 4 schools, with the Hoyas being his first trip in mid August.

Letsroll1200

mhuff

Really wanted him. Oh well good luck Josh. Hey I would have taken him to Prejeans in Lafayette for some red snapper with crawfish etouffee on top had he signed with us.

Swinesong1

batmanfan

I'll believe it when I see it. He seems to change his direction every few days.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: batmanfan on October 13, 2017, 10:01:55 pm
I'll believe it when I see it. He seems to change his direction every few days.

He posted it on Twitter. I think he's solid to Georgetown and Patrick Ewing

HardingHog

Well that comes as a bit of a surprise to me, but I'd rather have him not playing for the Aggies where we'd have to play against him twice a year for however long he is there. Best of luck to him at Georgetown! This definitely means that A&M will be coming after Chaney as their #1 target at the forward spot (I'd assume), so I hope our coaches can steer him in our direction

HogFoo

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 13, 2017, 10:32:06 pm
He posted it on Twitter. I think he's solid to Georgetown and Patrick Ewing
I sure didn't recognize Ewing in that picture .  without his flattop he just didn't look the same.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The_Iceman

Margin for error just got tighter. Need to land Chaney.

jjdlc

Well Georgetown is a bit of a shock, but as others said, at least we won't play him.

MakingPlays

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 14, 2017, 07:25:28 am

How so? Leblanc hasn't been an option for us for a long time now.  He eliminated us a few weeks ago, and even when he reopened recruitment there were zero reports of the staff contacting or visiting him.  It looks like the plan to finish for the last few weeks was to try to get Phillips and Chaney, and if they missed on 1 probably wait until the Spring to fill the last scholarship. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 11:48:24 am
How so? Leblanc hasn't been an option for us for a long time now.  He eliminated us a few weeks ago, and even when he reopened recruitment there were zero reports of the staff contacting or visiting him.  It looks like the plan to finish for the last few weeks was to try to get Phillips and Chaney, and if they missed on 1 probably wait until the Spring to fill the last scholarship.

Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 11:48:24 am

But A&M had been very much in play for Leblanc. Had Leblanc picked A&M, you could say the Hogs might have a stronger chance with Chaney. The Hogs and Aggies are pursuing Chaney the hardest by far.

I don't know if this is Iceman's thinking. This is how I view it, though. I like Leblanc going out of the SEC but it didn't help us with Chaney. A&M contintually misses on forward targets has me worried that they will woo Chaney in the end.

mhuff

The recruiting woes of A&M portends of a leprosy home there. Methinks that recruits don't trust there as a safe haven for four years. Who has committed there this year. Think it's as safe going there as traveling through the Donner Pass in the 1800's.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 14, 2017, 12:16:58 pm
But A&M had been very much in play for Leblanc. Had Leblanc picked A&M, you could say the Hogs might have a stronger chance with Chaney. The Hogs and Aggies are pursuing Chaney the hardest by far.

I don't know if this is Iceman's thinking. This is how I view it, though. I like Leblanc going out of the SEC but it didn't help us with Chaney. A&M contintually misses on forward targets has me worried that they will woo Chaney in the end.

I'm not sure LeBlanc's decision will affect Chaney one way or the other.  Their games are completely different, plus Texas A&M has at least 3 scholarships to fill and losing at least 2 big men for sure in Williams and Morelos.  Also, it's a possibility of them losing Tyler Davis and DJ Hogg as well if they decide to enter the draft, Hogg is considered a 2nd rounder right now.  So, TA&M is going to be targeting multiple forwards, and I'm sure they are stressing to their recruits they are going to have playing time opening up in the forward spots. 

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 01:34:01 pm
I'm not sure LeBlanc's decision will affect Chaney one way or the other.  Their games are completely different, plus Texas A&M has at least 3 scholarships to fill and losing at least 2 big men for sure in Williams and Morelos.  Also, it's a possibility of them losing Tyler Davis and DJ Hogg as well if they decide to enter the draft, Hogg is considered a 2nd rounder right now.  So, TA&M is going to be targeting multiple forwards, and I'm sure they are stressing to their recruits they are going to have playing time opening up in the forward spots. 

If LeBlanc committed to A&M there wouldn't be room for Chaney.

Also, the rumors are that LeBlanc wanted A&M. So, if he didn't have a commitable offer A&M, its possible that's because A&M believes they lead for Chaney.

Hogg is more of a wing player. Tyler Davis and Morelos are true bigs. I wouldn't consider LeBlanc or Chaney as potential replacements for those positions

Not to mention A&M has 2 6-9 freshman and Nebo

mhuff

MakingPlays

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 14, 2017, 02:20:53 pm
If LeBlanc committed to A&M there wouldn't be room for Chaney.

Also, the rumors are that LeBlanc wanted A&M. So, if he didn't have a commitable offer A&M, its possible that's because A&M believes they lead for Chaney.

Hogg is more of a wing player. Tyler Davis and Morelos are true bigs. I wouldn't consider LeBlanc or Chaney as potential replacements for those positions

Not to mention A&M has 2 6-9 freshman and Nebo

LeBlanc is a SF and Chaney is a PF/C.  How is one going to affect the other when TA&M has at least 3 scholarships to offer?  That makes no sense.  That's like us saying we can't take Chaney now because we landed Phillips. 

Only place that I've heard that is on this message board, nobody at TA&M side thought it was one or the other with Chaney and LeBlanc,  I haven't seen any of the TA&M recruiting guys report that or even mention it as a rumor.  I think some Hogs fans were just hoping that was the case. 

azhog10

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 14, 2017, 07:25:28 am
Leblanc and Phillips were the choice. Cheney had no bearing on Leblanc.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 06:14:36 pm
LeBlanc is a SF and Chaney is a PF/C.  How is one going to affect the other when TA&M has at least 3 scholarships to offer?  That makes no sense.  That's like us saying we can't take Chaney now because we landed Phillips. 

Only place that I've heard that is on this message board, nobody at TA&M side thought it was one or the other with Chaney and LeBlanc,  I haven't seen any of the TA&M recruiting guys report that or even mention it as a rumor.  I think some Hogs fans were just hoping that was the case.

I'm seeing them both listed as 6'7 PFs by 247. Leblanc is listed as 6'7 PF by ESPN and Rivals. Chaney is listed as a 6'8 center by Rivals and a 6'8 PF by ESPN.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 14, 2017, 06:22:28 pm
I'm seeing them both listed as 6'7 PFs by 247. Leblanc is listed as 6'7 PF by ESPN and Rivals. Chaney is listed as a 6'8 center by Rivals and a 6'8 PF by ESPN.

I can list sites that label him as a SF as well.  Future150, Verbal Commits, and numerous articles, mixtapes, and interviews that you can easily google that labels him a SF.  He's even said in interviews he sees himself as a guy that can play the wing.  If TA&M was to get him, With his skillset they put him as a SF.  Now if he was coming to Arkansas, Coach Anderson would put him at the 4.

Regardless, you're still ignoring that they have at least 3 scholarships available and Chaney and LeBlanc play completely different.  You guys have 0 evidence that Texas A&M was only going to take one of them, that's just a rumor that started on here.  TA&M would be dumb to turn down a top 100 player when they have 3 scholarships available because they wanted another player who's game is completely different.  There's no logic to that.

mhuff

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 06:37:19 pm
I can list sites that label him as a SF as well.  Future150, Verbal Commits, and numerous articles, mixtapes, and interviews that you can easily google that labels him a SF.  He's even said in interviews he sees himself as a guy that can play the wing.  If TA&M was to get him, With his skillset they put him as a SF.  Now if he was coming to Arkansas, Coach Anderson would put him at the 4.

Regardless, you're still ignoring that they have at least 3 scholarships available and Chaney and LeBlanc play completely different.  You guys have 0 evidence that Texas A&M was only going to take one of them, that's just a rumor that started on here.  TA&M would be dumb to turn down a top 100 player when they have 3 scholarships available because they wanted another player who's game is completely different.  There's no logic to that.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 06:37:19 pm

I'm not ignoring anything or making any claim that A&M doesn't have room for him. Chill out. I'm only giving the listed heights from the more reputatable recruiting services and my thoughts on how the two might effect each other. They're both frontcourt guys with interchangeability. But I don't think any of us have any idea how either player views the other players at similar positions that are also being targeted by their top schools. That's my only point. Maybe Chaney views Leblanc as a direct competitor. Maybe he doesn't. But they are both similarly sized and Chaney has also talked about playing outside some. It's not a crazy thought.

King Kong

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 06:14:36 pm

LeBlanc is not a wing/SF player. He isn't an shooter and his handles are limited

MakingPlays

Quote from: Hawg Red on October 14, 2017, 06:46:00 pm
I'm not ignoring anything or making any claim that A&M doesn't have room for him. Chill out. I'm only giving the listed heights from the more reputatable recruiting services. They're both frontcourt guys with interchangeability. But I don't think any of us have any idea how either player views the other players at similar positions that are also being targeted by their top schools. That's my only point. Maybe Chaney views Leblanc as a direct competitor. Maybe he doesn't. But they are both similarly sized and Chaney has also talked about playing outside some. It's not a crazy thought.

I am chill, you're the one that started the googling, I let you know I can google as well  ;D 

And you're trying to change the subject, my whole point was responding to the guys that somehow think that Chaney and LeBlanc was one or the other for TA&M, I just don't see any evidence of that being that case.  Makes no sense for TA&M, especially considering Billy Kennedy loves getting forwards and playing big lineups. 

mhuff

October 14, 2017, 07:08:00 pm #25 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:20:51 pm by mhuff
That's why I wanted both and wanted both on the floor together

Furthermore, I think A&M would take anyone they could get,. I don't think they are very popular right now. I'm telling you; somebody knows something. Just a gut feeling. Appears to me LeBlanc dropped them. He headed for higher ground.

MakingPlays

Quote from: King Kong on October 14, 2017, 07:01:55 pm
LeBlanc is not a wing/SF player. He isn't an shooter and his handles are limited

Tell him that then, and message those sites that list him as a SF, I really don't care he's not coming to Arkansas. 

Honestly, I was just letting you guys know that literally nobody outside of this message board has said anything about TA&M only taking one of LeBlanc or Chaney, that's my whole point.  Clearly it was a mistake to mention that lol.  I'm going to watch the football game, you guys have a good evening!

Swinesong1

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 07:04:55 pm

I am chill, you're the one that started the googling, I let you know I can google as well  ;D 

And you're trying to change the subject, my whole point was responding to the guys that somehow think that Chaney and LeBlanc was one or the other for TA&M, I just don't see any evidence of that being that case.  Makes no sense for TA&M, especially considering Billy Kennedy loves getting forwards and playing big lineups.
Not that it matters, but I thought it was a Leblanc thing as to whether he was going to A&M or Georgetown.  I thought it was “implied” he favored the Aggie’s but would go to the other if it appeared or became true that Chaney would be an Aggie.

Hawg Red

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 14, 2017, 07:04:55 pm

No, I had to direct you back to my position as you began to apply someone's else position to me.

mhuff

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 14, 2017, 07:08:58 pm
Not that it matters, but I thought it was a Leblanc thing as to whether he was going to A&M or Georgetown.  I thought it was "implied" he favored the Aggie's but would go to the other if it appeared or became true that Chaney would be an Aggie.

Think you were guilty of assuming when there were no facts to tell one way or another. Personally think Chaney is just taking visits and will end up a Hog. I base this simply on the applause meter.

Swinesong1

Quote from: mhuff on October 14, 2017, 07:36:46 pm
Think you were guilty of assuming when there were no facts to tell one way or another. Personally think Chaney is just taking visits and will end up a Hog. I base this simply on the applause meter.
Im not assuming anything.  I'm referring to an earlier post. 

mhuff

What post did you read from whom? After Adidas started sucking pond water I haven't heard anything unless it was someone's opinion. Don't think Chaney said anything. He often has said that his visit was good no matter where he has gone.

Swinesong1

Quote from: mhuff on October 14, 2017, 08:24:05 pm
What post did you read from whom? After Adidas started sucking pond water I haven't heard anything unless it was someone's opinion. Don't think Chaney said anything. He often has said that his visit was good no matter where he has gone.
There was a post from McPherson.  Again...it doesn't matter. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: mhuff on October 14, 2017, 07:08:00 pmAppears to me LeBlanc dropped them. He headed for higher ground.

It most definitely has that feel...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Kevin McPherson

Leblanc wanted A&M. I don't think LSU wanted him, and I think Arkansas and A&M both zeroed in on Chaney, leading Leblanc to recently say he was re-booting everything and signing in the spring. My thinking is Georgetown convinced him to go ahead and come on board. I think of his 4 finalists, that was the one school that wanted him the most (not the other way around).

Look at how many times Leblanc changed his tune, not just the schools he favored but when he would commit and sign. I think he ended up being a 2nd option for LSU, Arkansas, and A&M and Geogetown ultimately benefited from that.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 14, 2017, 08:36:48 pm
There was a post from McPherson.  Again...it doesn't matter.

I said a Leblanc commitment to Georgetown could mean that Chaney was headed to A&M ... I certainly never said that's what would absolutely happen if Leblanc picked G'town. But if you look at it, both Arkansas and A&M have been on Chaney the most, especially in the past 3-4 weeks, so it stands to reason both schools are all in on Chaney at this point and let Leblanc go.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 15, 2017, 12:00:07 am
I said a Leblanc commitment to Georgetown could mean that Chaney was headed to A&M ... I certainly never said that's what would absolutely happen if Leblanc picked G'town. But if you look at it, both Arkansas and A&M have been on Chaney the most, especially in the past 3-4 weeks, so it stands to reason both schools are all in on Chaney at this point and let Leblanc go.
I NEVER said you made a definite statement!    Josh Leblanc told me today he's down to TA&M and Georgetown, and that "maybe" he'll announce as early as this coming week. So, after eliminating Arkansas a week or so ago, he's now eliminated LSU. FWIW, he told me after he and Keyshawn Embery visited TA&M together that the Aggies were at the top of his list, and that he was pretty much taking his OV to LSU because it was the hometown school. If you remember when I started that "Hump Day predictions" thread, I picked him to TA&M w/a confidence level of 4 on a scale of 1-to-10. At the time, I wasn't sold on LSU not being tops on his list, but maybe that he wasn't tops on LSU's list and thus preimptively naming TA&M his leader pending his OV to LSU -- so I held out the possibility that he might still end up at LSU if Darius Days fell through.

With Leblanc eliminating LSU at this point (whether he eliminated them or vice-versa), I feel almost certain now that he wants to go to TA&M. And, with him possibly making an announcement this coming week, he may be waiting to see what happens with Reggie Chaney's visit there this weekend. If he picks Georgetown, I think it could mean Chaney either has or will be picking TA&M.

Chaney appears to be squeezing in an Oklahoma St visit ('Pokes in trouble) between the A&M visit and a scheduled visit to Wichita (just last week the Shockers picked up a commitment from 6-9 PF Morris Udeze over Butler, who was thought to be the leader) and a final visit to TCU (a few weeks ago, I got the impression that the Frogs' addition of 6-7 CF Feront Hunt might impact Chaney's decision).

Just boiling down some of that data, one could easily speculate that Chaney is really down to Arkansas and TA&M, and that Leblanc is waiting to see what happens with Chaney, hoping to land with the Aggies with Georgetown as the back

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Swinesong1 on October 15, 2017, 03:19:29 am
I NEVER said you made a definite statement!    Josh Leblanc told me today he's down to TA&M and Georgetown, and that "maybe" he'll announce as early as this coming week. So, after eliminating Arkansas a week or so ago, he's now eliminated LSU. FWIW, he told me after he and Keyshawn Embery visited TA&M together that the Aggies were at the top of his list, and that he was pretty much taking his OV to LSU because it was the hometown school. If you remember when I started that "Hump Day predictions" thread, I picked him to TA&M w/a confidence level of 4 on a scale of 1-to-10. At the time, I wasn't sold on LSU not being tops on his list, but maybe that he wasn't tops on LSU's list and thus preimptively naming TA&M his leader pending his OV to LSU -- so I held out the possibility that he might still end up at LSU if Darius Days fell through.

With Leblanc eliminating LSU at this point (whether he eliminated them or vice-versa), I feel almost certain now that he wants to go to TA&M. And, with him possibly making an announcement this coming week, he may be waiting to see what happens with Reggie Chaney's visit there this weekend. If he picks Georgetown, I think it could mean Chaney either has or will be picking TA&M.

Chaney appears to be squeezing in an Oklahoma St visit ('Pokes in trouble) between the A&M visit and a scheduled visit to Wichita (just last week the Shockers picked up a commitment from 6-9 PF Morris Udeze over Butler, who was thought to be the leader) and a final visit to TCU (a few weeks ago, I got the impression that the Frogs' addition of 6-7 CF Feront Hunt might impact Chaney's decision).

Just boiling down some of that data, one could easily speculate that Chaney is really down to Arkansas and TA&M, and that Leblanc is waiting to see what happens with Chaney, hoping to land with the Aggies with Georgetown as the back

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 15, 2017, 12:00:07 am

So just to confirm. Your understanding is LeBlanc and Chaney were/are considered for the same position (4) by both A&M and Arkansas?

And it is also your read that A&M most likely didn't have a commitable offer for LeBlanc at this time or he would have picked A&M.

mhuff

I know you are wanting Kevin's opinion on these questions ,but the way you read things and the way I read things are definitely different. It is my opinion that both recruits were being sought for both positions IF it was found they could play more than one position. Also, I don't think we passed on LeBlanc unless he is tied to a problem. It also doesn't appear to me that A&M can be choosy. For the 40th time ," How many commits does A&M have?"

Kevin McPherson

October 15, 2017, 12:01:14 pm #40 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:33:20 pm by Kevin McPherson
Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on October 15, 2017, 07:15:10 am
So just to confirm. Your understanding is LeBlanc and Chaney were/are considered for the same position (4) by both A&M and Arkansas?

And it is also your read that A&M most likely didn't have a commitable offer for LeBlanc at this time or he would have picked A&M.

Likely is my answer to your first question, because Leblanc's perimeter skills (handles, shooting, etc.) don't translate well to the wing (at least not now). And, no to your second question.

Looking back at his whirlwind of announcements (who his leaders were, when he would commit and sign, most recently saying he was re-opening it up and waiting to sign in the spring, then quickly committing to G'town) coupled with the fact that his so-called preferred schools (first UA, then TA&M) didn't visit him, it seems more likely that Leblanc tried to slow-play those two schools while holding out to see what hometown LSU was going to do and making that his last visit.  Meanwhile, both Arkansas and TA&M moved on and zeroed in on Chaney, who projects better as a 4 anyway (especially offensively, inside and mid-range shooting).

For Leblanc, I just think he ended up with his 4th choice after No. 1 didn't pan out (like he knew was likely to happen) and choices 2 and 3 zeroed in on someone else. As a national recruiting analyst recently said, don't get cute with the process or you might miss out on preferred options.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 15, 2017, 12:01:14 pm
Likely is my answer to your first question, because Leblanc's perimeter skills (handles, shooting, etc.) don't translate well to the wing (at least not now). And, no to your second question.

Looking back at his whirlwind of announcements (who his leaders were, when he would commit and sign, most recently saying he was re-opening it up and waiting to sign in the spring, then quickly committing to G'town) coupled with the fact that his so-called preferred schools (first UA, then TA&M) didn't visit him, it seems more likely that Leblanc tried to slow-play those two schools while holding out to see what hometown LSU was going to do and making that his last visit.  Meanwhile, both Arkansas and TA&M moved on and zeroed in on Chaney, who projects better as a 4 anyway (especially offensively, inside and mid-range shooting).

For Leblanc, I just think he ended up with his 4th choice after No. 1 didn't pan out (like he knew was likely to happen) and choices 2 and 3 zeroed in on someone else. As a national recruiting analyst recently said, don't get cute with the process or you might miss out on preferred options.

The thing that doesn't add up to me, is why would LSU and Texas A&M back off of him and both schools have at least 3 scholarships left to fill.  Texas A&M could easily take both Chaney and LeBlanc, and LSU could easily take LeBlanc and and probably 1-2 more forwards.  LSU is actually losing 4 forwards after this year and only has 1 currently committed.  And TA&M could possibly be losing 4 with (Williams, Davis, Hogg, and Morelos) and they have nobody committed.  That would be like Arkansas backing off of Chaney because we have Ethan Henderson committed, it wouldn't make any sense unless their were some other factors.

My thinking, just looking at what he's been doing, is that he was wanting playing time commitments from Arkansas, LSU, and TA&M and none of them were willing to guarantee him what he was asking, so he went ahead and chose Georgetown.  Ewing probably told him he'd start from Day 1, which is very likely since they are in a full rebuild.  It would also explain why Arkansas and LSU were eliminated first because Coach Anderson isn't going to guarantee playing time to anyone and LSU is on some other top guys that they know would demand playing time over Leblanc, so they aren't in a position to guarantee him anything either.    That's just my thoughts, I'm sure you know some other stuff that probably can't be shared right now.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: MakingPlays on October 15, 2017, 12:25:22 pm
The thing that doesn't add up to me, is why would LSU and Texas A&M back off of him and both schools have at least 3 scholarships left to fill.  Texas A&M could easily take both Chaney and LeBlanc, and LSU could easily take LeBlanc and and probably 1-2 more forwards.  LSU is actually losing 4 forwards after this year and only has 1 currently committed.  And TA&M could possibly be losing 4 with (Williams, Davis, Hogg, and Morelos) and they have nobody committed.  That would be like Arkansas backing off of Chaney because we have Ethan Henderson committed, it wouldn't make any sense unless their were some other factors.

My thinking, just looking at what he's been doing, is that he was wanting playing time commitments from Arkansas, LSU, and TA&M and none of them were willing to guarantee him what he was asking, so he went ahead and chose Georgetown.  Ewing probably told him he'd start from Day 1, which is very likely since they are in a full rebuild.  It would also explain why Arkansas and LSU were eliminated first because Coach Anderson isn't going to guarantee playing time to anyone and LSU is on some other top guys that they know would demand playing time over Leblanc, so they aren't in a position to guarantee him anything either.    That's just my thoughts, I'm sure you know some other stuff that probably can't be shared right now.

Absolutely Leblanc wants to play early, most Top 100 kids expect to, and that would not have been a problem at Arkansas, either, who also had scholarships availabe for both him and Chaney and would be a very young team come 2018-19 with minutes up for grabs. Like the points you made with plenty of opportunities at both LSU and A&M, that would have been the case at Arkansas, too.

Whatever it was about Leblanc that caused Arkansas and A&M to focus more on others, just looking at Arkansas's situation, for them I don't think this was necessarily as simple as an either/or situation between just Chaney and Leblanc. I think the Hogs saw with a Chaney and Phillips finish that they'd have better skill options in both the frontcourt (Chaney) and wing (Phillips) than Leblanc (a real 'tweener) could project to either.

That's not to say they wouldn't have taken a Leblanc commitment back in early September, but as things played out the Hogs' options and needs brought them to viable, arguably better, paths to finish out their class.

MakingPlays

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on October 15, 2017, 12:40:42 pm
Absolutely Leblanc wants to play early, most Top 100 kids expect to, and that would not have been a problem at Arkansas, either, who also had scholarships availabe for both him and Chaney and would be a very young team come 2018-19 with minutes up for grabs. Like the points you made with plenty of opportunities at both LSU and A&M, that would have been the case at Arkansas, too.

Whatever it was about Leblanc that caused Arkansas and A&M to focus more on others, just looking at Arkansas's situation, for them I don't think this was necessarily as simple as an either/or situation between just Chaney and Leblanc. I think the Hogs saw with a Chaney and Phillips finish that they'd have better skill options in both the frontcourt (Chaney) and wing (Phillips) than Leblanc (a real 'tweener) could project to either.

Yea that makes sense what you're saying from the Hog perspective, I totally get that.  I was just talking about from LSU and TA&M perspective, I wouldn't see why they would move on from him. 

With that said, back to your points about Arkansas and his fit here, I always thought Phillips was a better fit for us over Leblanc, because Phillips can play multiple positions.  I was nervous we weren't going to get Phillips for a minute when he kept changing his mind on announcement, thought one of the bigger schools were about to swoop him. I thought it was pretty impressive that he didn't play on the major shoebrand AAU circuits and is only a few spots away from being a 4-star.  I wonder if he would have had more exposure what his ranking would have been, a 6'7 guy that can play the guard, you would think he would have got a ton of love from the scouts.

mhuff

I truly wanted LeBlanc for his defensive prowess with hopes of an emerging offensive game in the paint. I have thought that Chaney had the handles to play SF.

I was afraid if LeBlanc and Chaney didn't commit early we would miss on one or both. To me LeBlanc is just dodging trouble. I have high hopes for Chaney.

When will we know about Garland