Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Confidence level regarding Long and Bielema being fired after this season

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 11, 2017, 09:52:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the likelihood of Long and Bielema being fired after season's end?

100%. Both gone as gone gets short of winning out from here.
12 (19.7%)
75%. Not sure if Long will be released which may mean Bielema gets 1 more year
6 (9.8%)
50%. Could go either way but not sure Ark will fire both its AD and HC in same year.
22 (36.1%)
25%. Not likely since Arkansas has no one lined up for either job.
4 (6.6%)
0%. Arkansas will never fire Long which means Bielema will definitely get another year.
17 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Voting closed: October 14, 2017, 09:52:57 am

HognotinMemphis

My belief, based solely on my own instincts, experience, and knowledge, tell me Arkansas cannot afford to keep Bielema, which means they have to short Long as well. I think both will be gone the weekend after Thanksgiving. How it is couched does not matter: resignations, firings, or moving to another job. Whatever it is called, the bottom line is that Long will not be the AD at Arkansas and Bielema will not the head football coach at Arkansas before November 27th turns into November 28th.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tick Hog

We can all hope this is the case but I think they will both be here not only for all of this season but all of next as well. They should fire Jeff Long but they won't. He will hire his next coach after next season.

scottwillrazbackfan1

If BB goes 5-7 or worse. he is gone. There will not be any hope to build on within the fan base. Next year with the stadium expansion being open, it sure would look bad with a bunch of empty seats.

A new coach brings excitement and butts in the seats!

rhog1

I think 100% Long is safe unless he takes a job elsewhere and 75% Bret is gone.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2017, 09:52:57 am
My belief, based solely on my own instincts, experience, and knowledge, tell me Arkansas cannot afford to keep Bielema, which means they have to short Long as well. I think both will be gone the weekend after Thanksgiving. How it is couched does not matter: resignations, firings, or moving to another job. Whatever it is called, the bottom line is that Long will not be the AD at Arkansas and Bielema will not the head football coach at Arkansas before November 27th turns into November 28th.
And if any of us disagree are you going to launch into another one of your "you're stupid and ignorant" tirades   similar to your recent one to sickboy on 10/10? I think it would behove all of us to know prior to responding/offering our opinion.

jst01

Just the overall vibe with the program and the direction of this season tells me that BB will be gone at the end of the year unless he somehow wins 6 games and gets a bowl. That would allow Long to give some kind of reasoning for keeping him (although the reasoning would be wrong). 

That's not how these things work. See Nebraska recently. You can't fire the AD and coach at the same time, because you can't hire a good coach if they don't know who the AD is going to be. For all of you that want Long gone, if he leaves around Thanksgiving it practically guarantees Bielema is back next year.

Porkatarian

I'm very confident we'll be looking for a new head football coach at the end of this season. 

I also think there's a good chance that Long leaves on his own.  Perhaps to Nebraska

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Hoggish1

You left off the most obvious choice:

Arkansas will see to it that Long moves on and a new AD will be in place to hire his man when the time is right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 11, 2017, 10:08:52 am
And if any of us disagree are you going to launch into another one of your "you're stupid and ignorant" tirades   similar to your recent one to sickboy on 10/10? I think it would behove all of us to know prior to responding/offering our opinion.
Thanks for keeping a tally on those I attack and the dates of said attack. I will eventually need this info for my biography. Appreciate you keeping accurate data on me, for me. Hope it does not take too much of your time since you are not going to be compensated.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Porkatarian on October 11, 2017, 10:30:09 am
I'm very confident we'll be looking for a new head football coach at the end of this season. 

I also think there's a good chance that Long leaves on his own.  Perhaps to Nebraska

Porkatarian out...

I would agree that this is the most likely thing to see happen. I would expect that momentum might ramp up for Bielema's departure if Alabama beats us by 50 this weekend and then we get beat by 40 the following weekend. Question is, will Long resist when he is pressured to get rid of Bielema? If he does, it could jeopardize his position here as well so the best thing for him to do might be to look for a new home of his own accord.
Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2017, 10:36:27 am
Thanks for keeping a tally on those I attack and the dates of said attack. I will eventually need this info for my biography. Appreciate you keeping accurate data on me, for me. Hope it does not take too much of your time since you are not going to be compensated.
Your forthcoming biography will doubtless be welcomed by the Kimberly Clarks of the world. They're always looking for the next good source of toilet paper and feminine hygiene products. I'm sure only thing they're anxious about is when they can expect their next shipment of raw material. If you need their phone number/email address I'm sure I can find it for you. Touche ;)

Jizzyjizz

Regardless of what Long is saying publicly his main priority is self preservation. My guess he's behind the scenes getting the money together now. If the season keeps going like it is, there's no reason to believe next year will be any different. The 2019 in state class is one of the best in a while. Long will get a new coach in here next year to lock down that class. Otherwise the rest of the sec will pick off that class and we're rebuilding another 5 Years which would ultimately cost Long his job.

East Clintwood

Long needs to go even more than Bert. 

Get rid of Jeffy as soon as possible.  Bert may have to stay another year.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

MJ2

Look for Long to leave on his own for a bigger job.   CBB's payout will be negotiated down to $8M and he'll be gone too.