Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warm temperatures, 6 pm ESPN game, hostile crowd, and us against the world...

Started by The OTR, October 11, 2017, 07:53:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

...mentality and the Hogs still have a snow balls chance to keep this one close. 

Hate to say it. 

59-7 Alabama.  We score 7 only if they put in their second team and only if the jelly sandwiches at halftime work for once in our lives.

Hope all you malcontents and ne'erdowells are happy with this prediction.  I'm sure not.

And for the record...all you guys who think it's a sure thing that we will have a new coach next year need to watch a second half of the season rally for the Hogs.  We're going to play Auburn tougher than most think and we have a decent shot at 6 and 6.  If we go 6 and 6 and get a bowl game there's a good chance CBB is back next year.  And Long will spin this as a rebuilding year, disappointing but we new it would be this way...a few assistant coaches will be fired..."we have a great recruiting class coming in" will be our mantra. 

The only way CBB is fired is if it is in Long's best interest to do so.  Long first and foremost will do anything to save his own job.  He wants to keep him but won't hesitate to fire him if it affects his own job. Long is entrenched, boys. He ain't going anywhere no matter how many times Delta and some of the rest of you post "Fire Jeff Long".

We need to get behind this team for the rest of the season.  We're a bunch of sorry sad sacks and 80% of you seem to be hoping we lose so CBB is more likely to get fired.  I hope we go out and play Alabama tough and get some confidence and then come home and upset Auburn and get on a roll the rest of the season.

hogcard1964

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

PharmacistHog

I dont figure saban is in a big hurry to get bielema out of the SEC. he'll probably take it easy on us and rest his starters and second and third string so we'll probably keep it within three td's.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Hogarusa

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

The OTR

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 11, 2017, 08:07:03 am
I dont figure saban is in a big hurry to get bielema out of the SEC. he'll probably take it easy on us and rest his starters and second and third string so we'll probably keep it within three td's.

Interesting...except he's so angry about A & M last week that he will take it out on us this week.

I really worry about the safety of our players.  It is like putting a decent jr. high team out against a really good high school team.  We have no chance due to their size, speed, and talent. Zero. Their defensive line against our offensive line is the mismatch of the century. We may have negative rushing yards in the first half. 

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 07:53:56 am
...mentality and the Hogs still have a snow balls chance to keep this one close. 

Hate to say it. 

59-7 Alabama.  We score 7 only if they put in their second team and only if the jelly sandwiches at halftime work for once in our lives.

Hope all you malcontents and ne'erdowells are happy with this prediction.  I'm sure not.

And for the record...all you guys who think it's a sure thing that we will have a new coach next year need to watch a second half of the season rally for the Hogs.  We're going to play Auburn tougher than most think and we have a decent shot at 6 and 6.  If we go 6 and 6 and get a bowl game there's a good chance CBB is back next year.  And Long will spin this as a rebuilding year, disappointing but we new it would be this way...a few assistant coaches will be fired..."we have a great recruiting class coming in" will be our mantra. 

The only way CBB is fired is if it is in Long's best interest to do so.  Long first and foremost will do anything to save his own job.  He wants to keep him but won't hesitate to fire him if it affects his own job. Long is entrenched, boys. He ain't going anywhere no matter how many times Delta and some of the rest of you post "Fire Jeff Long".

We need to get behind this team for the rest of the season.  We're a bunch of sorry sad sacks and 80% of you seem to be hoping we lose so CBB is more likely to get fired.  I hope we go out and play Alabama tough and get some confidence and then come home and upset Auburn and get on a roll the rest of the season.

This will probably be the least hostile crowd you've ever seen at Bama. It also may very well be the most passive aggressive you've ever seen too. The 'too bad y'all ain't as good as us' stuff will get old.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hogcard1964

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 08:11:16 am
Interesting...except he's so angry about A & M last week that he will take it out on us this week.

I really worry about the safety of our players.  It is like putting a decent jr. high team out against a really good high school team.  We have no chance due to their size, speed, and talent. Zero. Their defensive line against our offensive line is the mismatch of the century. We may have negative rushing yards in the first half.

Bama's cornerbacks can really hit people.  This is what worries me with the high throws.

The OTR

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on October 11, 2017, 08:11:25 am
This will probably be the least hostile crowd you've ever seen at Bama. It also may very well be the most passive aggressive you've ever seen too. The 'too bad y'all ain't as good as us' stuff will get old.

The fans have all day to drink and tailgate.  They will be hostile.  People from Alabama are obnoxious by nature. Give them a full day to drink and they will be almost unbearable.

prattville pig

we will score a touchdown or a field goal in the first half, we will score a touchdown or a field goal towards the end of the game.  I have no way to predict what Bama will score.
Life's too short to last long.

The OTR

Quote from: prattville pig on October 11, 2017, 08:18:10 am
we will score a touchdown or a field goal in the first half, we will score a touchdown or a field goal towards the end of the game.  I have no way to predict what Bama will score.

Only way we score in the first half is if we crack open the jelly sandwiches before the game rather than waiting until halftime.

How do we move the ball against them except by some freak play?

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 08:13:17 am
The fans have all day to drink and tailgate.  They will be hostile.  People from Alabama are obnoxious by nature. Give them a full day to drink and they will be almost unbearable.

I forget in your neighborhood raising one's voice is considered hostile. Bama = Annoying, a-holes... LSU = Hostile, monkey's flinging poo at the damn zoo..!
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 08:21:46 am
Only way we score in the first half is if we crack open the jelly sandwiches before the game rather than waiting until halftime.

How do we move the ball against them except by some freak play?

Maybe they are planning to have one of those special guests who gets to run a td for the first play and we can take the ball from him and score.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 11, 2017, 08:32:53 am
Maybe they are planning to have one of those special guests who gets to run a td for the first play and we can take the ball from him and score.

Poor Corky...

Mulberry Squeezins

a double dose of jelly sandwich and a false sense of hope is created after we play em closer than the experts think. On second thought,  what was I thinking.   Our OL against that D? Eeeeeejjjjkkhhhhhh.  UGLY .

Boardon Hamsay

Hate to say it. 

Pretty solid analytics here, PHJ. All things considered to date, can't argue with any of this.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Mulberry Squeezins on October 11, 2017, 09:00:35 am
a double dose of jelly sandwich and a false sense of hope is created after we play em closer than the experts think. On second thought,  what was I thinking.   Our OL against that D? Eeeeeejjjjkkhhhhhh.  UGLY .

Always good to see ol' Mulberry Squeezins dropping some insights on the board.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&amp;Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 11, 2017, 09:08:01 am

What a name.  Mulberry.  Squeezins.

Of course he's talking my language when he's talking jelly sandwiches so I guess he ain't too bad of an old boy.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 11, 2017, 09:08:01 am

The floating Fulmereting Darryls Royals head still scares me but thank you for your kind and general words.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 09:29:15 am
What a name.  Mulberry.  Squeezins.

Of course he's talking my language when he's talking jelly sandwiches so I guess he ain't too bad of an old boy.

Growd up on butter and jelly sandwiches

The NewEra

Hate to say it. 

It's up to Bielema to save his job and it starts with the team's performance against Alabama and then Auburn.  If the team quits, gets embarrassed on national t.v. once again for the remainder of the year then I don't see how he survives.  I don't see how anything short of 6/6 in regular season and a good bowl win will save his job.  Then again, Jeff Long uses a different measuring stick than most fans.

Vantage 8 dude

Hate to say it. 

Pillowhead, well unfortunately I couldn't wait for your analysis of this "contest". I had to get some money down before Vegas wouldn't take any more money on the Tide. Just got in under the wire. Thanks anyway.

Sed76

Another whipping with the usual sound bytes afterwards. Will be told all the mistakes are correctable. The team is close, just can't overcome bad breaks. Same old same old.

code red

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2017, 07:54:58 am
I think we play 'em tight until the 4th quarter.

Bama - 42
Hogs - 28
I know we r not a good as Vandy.  28 points is a stretch.  Sabin will be looking to avenge what Mond did last Saturday.  It will be ugly. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hogcard1964

Quote from: code red on October 11, 2017, 11:46:13 am
I know we r not a good as Vandy.  28 points is a stretch.  Sabin will be looking to avenge what Mond did last Saturday.  It will be ugly.

Is Austin playing?

rmcchris

007 License To Squeal

BR

"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

Saban goes up 36-42 points in the first half , 2nd team O comes out and the first team D stays in till the start of the fourth .  Hogs will kick a late field goal to lose 50 -3
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The OTR

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 11, 2017, 12:59:18 pm
Saban goes up 36-42 points in the first half , 2nd team O comes out and the first team D stays in till the start of the fourth .  Hogs will kick a late field goal to lose 50 -3

That all sounds good but there is no way we kick another fluke field goal.  We've only had five years to find a kicker. We need more time to develop our kicking game.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 01:32:39 pm
That all sounds good but there is no way we kick another fluke field goal.  We've only had five years to find a kicker. We need more time to develop our kicking game.

This is a very astute insight for those looking to fine tune their positions for the score guessing thread. This year's trend is 1 FG made per 5 games so the next one at the earliest should be the LSU game. I tend to favor the over. More specifically, if we utilize Mayan calendar mathematics and assuming no staff changes are made, our next made FG will be a 31 yarder on September 28th, 2019.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 11, 2017, 01:40:36 pm
This is a very astute insight for those looking to fine tune their positions for the score guessing thread. This year's trend is 1 FG made per 5 games so the next one at the earliest should be the LSU game. I tend to favor the over. More specifically, if we utilize Mayan calendar mathematics and assuming no staff changes are made, our next made FG will be a 31 yarder on September 28th, 2019.

The Mayans had very little use for losing sportsball coaches.   

HogPharmer

Quote from: PharmacistHog on October 11, 2017, 08:32:53 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTntpldkhw
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

The OTR

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on October 11, 2017, 01:40:36 pm

Go ahead and explain that one to Delta. 

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 11, 2017, 01:59:53 pm
Go ahead and explain that one to Delta. 

This might do the trick...

Not by a jug full can I opine us making a FG in the next fortnight. To acknowledge the corn on my own hook without peacocking about, I would be knocked into a cocked hat, wallpapered into a good balderdash from the bark juice and John Barleycorn, down from the Virginia quick step after poorly grabbing a root before I saw us making a FG cause it seems to be scarce as hen's teeth before I even set up in robber's row for the Mayan calendar humbug.

Reference info: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~poindexterfamily/CivilWar.html

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Augustus

Bold prediction:  Hogs will upset Bama this Saturday... for the sole reason that we will have to keep Bielema for another season, and the Football Gods hate us.

acey33

Quote from: Hogarusa on October 11, 2017, 08:08:18 am
Those conditions favors the Hogs

Maybe for the first half...we all know what happens in the second half. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Sed76 on October 11, 2017, 11:29:55 am
Another whipping with the usual sound bytes afterwards. Will be told all the mistakes are correctable. The team is close, just can't overcome bad breaks. Same old same old.
You left out "I get it, I get it". No YOU DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :puke:

Hog N Bama

Quote from: rmcchris on October 11, 2017, 12:08:16 pm
I will be there displaying my Hog gear proudly.
Be prepared for some arrogant Bama ahole fan to come up to you and tell you how bad we suck and how we don't belong in the SEC.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Hog N Bama on October 11, 2017, 04:29:59 pm
Be prepared for some arrogant Bama ahole fan to come up to you and tell you how bad we suck and how we don't belong in the SEC.

Well, he would be half right.......

Qbackinman

Coin toss: Ref: "Alabama, you win the toss."
Bama Captain: "We'll play defense. (Laughs)."

swineology

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: swineology on October 11, 2017, 04:36:44 pm
So who hires the next coach?

GOBN?

Twould not be surprising to see us go from one ditch to another at this point.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on October 11, 2017, 07:44:55 pm
This thread is just dumb

It's a good thing you came along just in time to add that invaluable insight.  It seems much smarter now.   ::)
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

thebignasty

I'm afraid Bama might get winded from running unimpeded too much. 

urkillnmesmalls

Hate to say it. 

I think UCA could come out in Bama's uniforms and hang 45 on us.  I have no idea what we could possibly do to even stay on the field with Bama unless they turn it over 7 times and Saban strokes out before halftime.  With an O-fer-CBB's-tenure when trailing at half, really...all we need to do is watch until halftime, unless we're ahead and then we still have a less than 50% chance in conference. 

I sound like a ne'erdowell don't I?   ;D
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

hawgbawb

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 11, 2017, 07:54:58 am
I think we play 'em tight until the 4th quarter.

Bama - 42
Hogs - 28
Tight until the second quarter. If Bama is supremely overconfident we'll make it a game for a half.  Saban will be livid. don't beat
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

The OTR

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on October 11, 2017, 07:59:27 pm
I think UCA could come out in Bama's uniforms and hang 45 on us.  I have no idea what we could possibly do to even stay on the field with Bama unless they turn it over 7 times and Saban strokes out before halftime.  With an O-fer-CBB's-tenure when trailing at half, really...all we need to do is watch until halftime, unless we're ahead and then we still have a less than 50% chance in conference. 

I sound like a ne'erdowell don't I?   ;D

It's gonna be a good night to make dinner plans for 8 pm.  No one is going to be glued to the tv after 7:45.