Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Long and BB on the minds of Nebraska fans

Started by Etowah, October 11, 2017, 06:37:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Inhogswetrust

It took all of three posts when someone said they would jump off a cliff!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hawgon

Best post:  "Bielema is not the type to swallow his pride, but everything else is fair game."

MultipleScoreGasms

Don't see them hiring him, but NEB might be an excellent fit for CBB.  In any event, I like the guy.  Hope he gets excellent results wherever he goes.  Just don't think that is going to be here.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

QuoteFrom vs540husker in attached thread " Lol! He's 27-29 overall with a 10-24 conference record.
In no way, shape, or form would hiring him him be logical, let alone a good coaching move

I so wanted to reply to this guy with a "Yell it louder and longer.!!!"...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorbackers

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 11, 2017, 06:39:05 am

Well, he beat them like a drum consistently at wisky and they still hate him for it.

jkstock04

It would be freakin awesome if Long bolted for Nebraska and took Bielema with him. Culturally it would fit both of them like a glove to move back north...but this is a pipe dream, we couldn't be so lucky.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ur

Jeff will prob end up there. I'm sure he is done with BB more than we are. He just can't say it.

hogcard1964

This is shopping by Bielema's agent.  Nobody wants this guy now.  Nobody.

hoglady

Arkansas was just a horrible career move for Bielema.
In trying to get out of Alvarez' shadow - he's proving he can't run a program without his guidance.
Arkansas is a hard place to fly on your own for the first time, in a conference you're not familiar with and an area you have no recruiting ties.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoghearted

Quote from: hoglady on October 11, 2017, 09:37:46 am
In trying to get out of Alvarez' shadow - he's proving he can't run a program without his guidance.
Arkansas is a hard place to fly on your own for the first time, in a conference you're not familiar with and an area you have no recruiting ties.

It sort of fits with his personality, though. He's always struck me as a blowhard who thinks he's better than he really is. What better way to show his prowess than coaching in the SEC?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

jabberjawls

Yes, please!  We'll even throw in a slightly used OL coach with NFL experience.

HoggieStyle

From that thread RE: Jeff Long

QuoteIf NU makes Jeff Long one of the highest paid ADs in the country then that means they swung and missed on numerous candidates.

LOL.

*Sigh*

Johnny Razorback

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on October 11, 2017, 06:47:51 am
Don't see them hiring him, but NEB might be an excellent fit for CBB.  In any event, I like the guy.  Hope he gets excellent results wherever he goes.  Just don't think that is going to be here.

Is that you Cohen?
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

AirWarren

Quote from: hoglady on October 11, 2017, 09:37:46 am

We kill careers here at Arkansas.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AP85 on October 11, 2017, 10:35:11 am
We kill careers here at Arkansas.

Which will make it nearly impossible to hire a big name coach here without a huge check and huge buyout! But it is what it is.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

husker71

CBB would not be an excellent fit in Nebraska     He would start with that Hayden Fry crap and these fans would go crazy.  Hayden Fry is not a beloved figure or even well thought of from Omaha to North Platte and all in between. 

forrest city joe

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 11, 2017, 09:08:47 am
It would be freakin awesome if Long bolted for Nebraska and took Bielema with him. Culturally it would fit both of them like a glove to move back north...but this is a pipe dream, we couldn't be so lucky.
It would be best for all if this happens.Arkansas needs a fresh start.get them out of here.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 11, 2017, 06:39:05 am

But there aren't really any cliffs in Nebraska so it was kind of an empty threat.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Hog N Bama

Which "famous" coach does CBB claim to get his hard head from?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 11, 2017, 07:41:58 pm

But there aren't really any cliffs in Nebraska so it was kind of an empty threat.
NE is a HOLE

JOKERHOG

Quote from: ur on October 11, 2017, 09:12:02 am
Jeff will prob end up there. I'm sure he is done with BB more than we are. He just can't say it.

He should be forced to take Bielemea with him wherever he goes as punishment for what he did to our football program
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

JOKERHOG

Quote from: husker71 on October 11, 2017, 06:52:52 pm
CBB would not be an excellent fit in Nebraska     He would start with that Hayden Fry crap and these fans would go crazy.  Hayden Fry is not a beloved figure or even well thought of from Omaha to North Platte and all in between.

He would "build it the right way" but it might take over a decade to get average results
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU