Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is a prime example of several things wrong with college football

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 10, 2017, 10:07:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Primarily, how coddled and enabled athletes are versus the rest of society, as well as that college football is no longer about the "student athlete" (every time I hear that phrase I puke, then laugh) or about creating enthusiasm among the student body for dear old college, it's a big, big business that is literally the tail wagging the dog.

Why do these low IQ pro players risk their livelihood and millions of dollars in income to protest something that has nothing to do with the flag or the nat'l anthem? Because they've always been able to do anything they want with no repercussions: drug use, beating their significant others, multiple children with multiple women, DUIs, et al.

Baylor coach helped this player pass a drug test. That has likely occurred at every SEC school every year since drug testing was instituted, including Vandy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2737888-josh-gordon-talks-drug-use-wr-reportedly-plans-to-file-for-reinstatement

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hogwild

I'm not going to defend Baylor, because some of there actions are indefensible. But it amazes me how often you hear stories that are piled on a program that screwed up.  Here is a story from two months ago, saying that Baylor doesn't drug test athletes.  Now you have Gordon saying that Baylor showed him out to beat the drug test that they were performing. 

QuoteThe culture surrounding Baylor University and its football program not only affected how coaches and administrators handled allegations of sexual assault against players but also kept the university from randomly drug testing its student-athletes for marijuana and other recreational drugs, according to an upcoming book about the university's sexual assault scandal.
The drug policy makes it one of the few major collegiate programs not to randomly drug-test its student-athletes, according to the book.

So which is, did Baylor drug test or not?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorbackers

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 10, 2017, 10:07:19 am
Primarily, how coddled and enabled athletes are versus the rest of society, as well as that college football is no longer about the "student athlete" (every time I hear that phrase I puke, then laugh) or about creating enthusiasm among the student body for dear old college, it's a big, big business that is literally the tail wagging the dog.

Why do these low IQ pro players risk their livelihood and millions of dollars in income to protest something that has nothing to do with the flag or the nat'l anthem? Because they've always been able to do anything they want with no repercussions: drug use, beating their significant others, multiple children with multiple women, DUIs, et al.

Baylor coach helped this player pass a drug test. That has likely occurred at every SEC school every year since drug testing was instituted, including Vandy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2737888-josh-gordon-talks-drug-use-wr-reportedly-plans-to-file-for-reinstatement

Send them an email and let them know when they can protest so you people will stop spamming the MMQB board about something that apparently doesn't matter so much you can't stop talking about it.

sickboy

I always wonder when I'll start to sound old and out of touch. Like time has just passed me by and I don't really get "it"... whatever "it" is.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: sickboy on October 10, 2017, 12:47:10 pm
I always wonder when I'll start to sound old and out of touch. Like time has just passed me by and I don't really get "it"... whatever "it" is.
With a name like yours, I will tell you that you never will because your IQ is not high enough for you to be that self-aware. You'll always be stupid and never know it. I know that is difficult to understand, what with the low IQ and all, but that is life. Some people are stupid and some people go to Hell. Not a big deal.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

NaturalStateReb

Sometimes, when we talk about paying players, it's easy to forget that they're basically living up to five years in an all-inclusive, often taxpayer financed resort usually in college towns where everything is there for the asking.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hawgmasta

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 10, 2017, 12:51:07 pm
Sometimes, when we talk about paying players, it's easy to forget that they're basically living up to five years in an all-inclusive, often taxpayer financed resort usually in college towns where everything is there for the asking.

I grew up in Conway and worked with several guys who played football for UCA throughout the years; they all scoffed whenever several stories talked about football players being hungry at major universities. I'm sure a lot of them are broke, but so is pretty much every person that age college student or not.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 10, 2017, 12:48:56 pm
With a name like yours, I will tell you that you never will because your IQ is not high enough for you to be that self-aware. You'll always be stupid and never know it. I know that is difficult to understand, what with the low IQ and all, but that is life. Some people are stupid and some people go to Hell. Not a big deal.
Ahh....fascinating, hilarious and totally bunk. This coming from someone who has more than once blasted me for criticizing someone-that would be you-for not only disagreeing with you, but "bothering" you when "calling your hand" on a particular subject. Now you have the audacity to call anyone "stupid", "IQ is not high enough for you to be that self-aware", etc. While we're speaking of it, who the hell made you some God's gift to this world ??? ::) Dude, you really need to look in the mirror-that is if you have one.

Hogarusa

Are all people that protest considered low IQ, or just NFL players?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

RME

r/iamverysmart

island hog

And in case you ever wonder why others don't respect or give any credit to what you have to say, just reread this post....

311Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 10, 2017, 12:51:07 pm

This is called envy.

The difference here is that the avg. college student isn't the center of a billion dollar enterprise.  Would you honestly be cool with living in the dorm, eating at Brough, and practicing umpteen hours a day etc. knowing that your classmates are wearing your jersey but it just doesn't have your name on it?

I mean i would be pretty pist off if i knew i wasn't getting my share of profits from my likeness and there was nothing i  could do about it, and some guy on the internet told me i should be "happy" to be exploited because they are envious of the position.

HogPokerPlayer

What a dumb comment.  Its laughable that you just lump an entire group of people into having a low IQ.

What sort of protest would suit your feelings better sir?

code red

Media is what is wrong with football both college and pro. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Vantage 8 dude

And this asinine response is a prime example of just one of several things wrong with message boards.

factchecker

Quote from: 311Hog on October 10, 2017, 02:10:43 pm
This is called envy.

The difference here is that the avg. college student isn't the center of a billion dollar enterprise.  Would you honestly be cool with living in the dorm, eating at Brough, and practicing umpteen hours a day etc. knowing that your classmates are wearing your jersey but it just doesn't have your name on it?

I mean i would be pretty pist off if i knew i wasn't getting my share of profits from my likeness and there was nothing i  could do about it, and some guy on the internet told me i should be "happy" to be exploited because they are envious of the position.

ADD:  The average college student doesn't receive death threats for flunking a lab.  The average college student doesn't have to worry about their truck getting burnt.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 10, 2017, 01:23:29 pm
Ahh....fascinating, hilarious and totally bunk. This coming from someone who has more than once blasted me for criticizing someone-that would be you-for not only disagreeing with you, but "bothering" you when "calling your hand" on a particular subject. Now you have the audacity to call anyone "stupid", "IQ is not high enough for you to be that self-aware", etc. While we're speaking of it, who the hell made you some God's gift to this world ??? ::) Dude, you really need to look in the mirror-that is if you have one.
Why are you continuing to bother me? Do you want something from me? I do not know you.

HogPharmer

Idiot
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Count Hogula

HogPharmer

Quote from: Count Hogula on October 11, 2017, 12:23:39 am
Don't feed HiM, bro.

He's just trying to piss you off. He is good for a chuckle, though...

He's not gonna piss me off. I deal with stupid people every day in my job. At least here, I can tell them they're stupid. You know, Internet tough guy and whatnot...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 11, 2017, 12:33:37 am
He's not gonna piss me off. I deal with stupid people every day in my job. At least here, I can tell them they're stupid. You know, Internet tough guy and whatnot...
You seem upset based on your multiple comments on this thread and calling me an idiot. Others can take up for themselves...do not need a tough guy like you coming in to assist. Or, maybe they do. You deal with stupid people every day? What do you do? I never deal with stupid people in my job. My clients are highly intelligent. It is a dream job.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2017, 09:25:36 am
You seem upset based on your multiple comments on this thread and calling me an idiot. Others can take up for themselves...do not need a tough guy like you coming in to assist. Or, maybe they do. You deal with stupid people every day? What do you do? I never deal with stupid people in my job. My clients are highly intelligent. It is a dream job.
Too damn bad your clients can't same the same about their "advisor" (or whatnot). BTW as for your clients being brilliant-I seriously do have to question that assessment given their obvious lack of judgement in choosing who they deal with.  ::) :o :) :D ;D

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 10, 2017, 11:48:49 pm
Why are you continuing to bother me? Do you want something from me? I do not know you.
You're "don't bother me" schtick is really getting old. In fact, it's gone to down right stale. You know perfectly well that when you spew your normal tripe and garbage that I WILL very likely respond. So either can the dull and overused indignant reply or at least try to come up with something that's actually original for a change. And for a self-proclaimed genius such as yourself that should be a total layup.

This message board is devoted to following these "enabled athletes" and obsessing over every little thing like their twitter posts. There are newspapers that survive on covering these "enabled athletes." Grown men make a living in providing information about where these "enable athletes" might go to school.

If there is a problem, it isn't with the kids.

RME

You're 75 years old and still working? Must be pretty bad with your finances or else have nothing else in your life to satisfy your time apart from your job and boasting about your "intelligence" on an anonymous message board.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 11, 2017, 10:27:34 am
You're 75 years old and still working? Must be pretty bad with your finances or else have nothing else in your life to satisfy your time apart from your job and boasting about your "intelligence" on an anonymous message board.
I suspect that very may give testament how well he's handled his OWN monies. However, he DOES have nothing but brilliant clients.

Then again, what else are you going to do with all that free time? Believe it or not judging the world is only a part time gig for HIM.

Grag T

I love it when HiM decides to stir the pot  ;D

Love him or hate him, few people have the ability to make a message board sh1t the bed to such an extent.  Well done  8)
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Grag T on October 11, 2017, 10:40:59 am
I love it when HiM decides to stir the pot  ;D

Love him or hate him, few people have the ability to make a message board sh1t the bed to such an extent.  Well done  8)
Lol. After a few days with the same poster or two, it gets a little boring. I'm no longer interested in Vantage 8. I did get a kick out of Ryan Mallets Ego believing I am 75. I mean, who would attack a 75 yr old man on an internets bulletin board, making fun of them still working for a living? He doesn't even know that I give back my social security check to the gov't.

hassettsportsman

Wow...you could run a substation with the energy in here today!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2017, 10:43:41 am
Lol. After a few days with the same poster or two, it gets a little boring. I'm no longer interested in Vantage 8. I did get a kick out of Ryan Mallets Ego believing I am 75. I mean, who would attack a 75 yr old man on an internets bulletin board, making fun of them still working for a living? He doesn't even know that I give back my social security check to the gov't.
Well thank God you're no longer going to be fixated on me. It was getting a little creepy having to worry about the stalker from Memphis. Now I can resume my life without having to worry about this clown.

BTW, what a guy!! Gives his SS check back to the government ala (former) Coach Andersen's salary/perks out at OSU. My, my and how does that "give back" exactly work? I mean do you get to determine what new black hole your enormous largess will be used for? I suspect that you'll soon be named the next recipient of the "Medal of Freedom" for all your good works. And while we're at it we might as well thank and acknowledge your wonderful handling of the Puerto Rican budget over the past 20 years. I can see why all your clients are so impressed.

hassettsportsman

When the grid goes down, not if, all the cell phones, tablets, and social media accounts will go buh bye! That's the bad news!  The good news...Hog games can still be played during the afternoon in this fabulous weather!

HogPharmer

I wasn't hear to take up for anyone. I just really think you're an idiot. Not based solely on this thread, but based on countless other posts you make. At least when I troll, I am actually trying to troll... whereas you make stupid remarks that you actually believe to be true or right. And if you can't figure out what I do based on my name, you have further solidified yourself as the dumba$s we all know you are.

Also, everyone works with stupid people in their job. No matter what the job is.... so just FYI, if you don't know anyone stupid at you're job, that probably means you're the stupid one everyone else has to work with.

RazorPiggie

RME

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 11, 2017, 10:43:41 am

Yeah, sorry for believing you're 75 when your profile says it. Not sure why you'd lie about your age, but to each his own. You spew darn all the time on this board, so I guess your age being incorrect in your profile just falls in line with your whole shtick.

And when you're an [CENSORED] to other posters for no reason and boast about what a fantastic job you have with such phenomenal clients but you're still 75 and working, I'm gonna make fun of you.

But, with that, I digress.

How 'bout them Hawgs?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 11, 2017, 03:20:05 pm
Yeah, sorry for believing you're 75 when your profile says it. Not sure why you'd lie about your age, but to each his own. You spew darn all the time on this board, so I guess your age being incorrect in your profile just falls in line with your whole shtick.

And when you're an [CENSORED] to other posters for no reason and boast about what a fantastic job you have with such phenomenal clients but you're still 75 and working, I'm gonna make fun of you.

But, with that, I digress.

How 'bout them Hawgs?
Well one thing you MUST realize: when posting ANYTHING to/about HIM you automatically digress.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 11, 2017, 10:53:18 am
Well thank God you're no longer going to be fixated on me. It was getting a little creepy having to worry about the stalker from Memphis. Now I can resume my life without having to worry about this clown.

BTW, what a guy!! Gives his SS check back to the government ala (former) Coach Andersen's salary/perks out at OSU. My, my and how does that "give back" exactly work? I mean do you get to determine what new black hole your enormous largess will be used for? I suspect that you'll soon be named the next recipient of the "Medal of Freedom" for all your good works. And while we're at it we might as well thank and acknowledge your wonderful handling of the Puerto Rican budget over the past 20 years. I can see why all your clients are so impressed.
Uh, you have been stalking me. Stay in reality with us, if you can.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

When comparing my white privilege to the privilege that athletes get on every D1 college campus....  it's not even close Athlete privilege is pretty dang sweet.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.