Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I’ve got to take a break.

Started by FANONTHEHILL, October 09, 2017, 07:00:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FAN, Can see you are going through one hell of a time.  Though you and I may not see the current situation the same, I would rather read your posts and threads than just about anyone on here.  Anytime, I read a post that is easily seen as being from the heart and soul, I truly appreciate that.  You do what is best for you and come back here and give your best when you are ready.  I will miss you.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: 12247 on October 11, 2017, 06:45:24 pm
FAN, Can see you are going through one hell of a time.  Though you and I may not see the current situation the same, I would rather read your posts and threads than just about anyone on here.  Anytime, I read a post that is easily seen as being from the heart and soul, I truly appreciate that.  You do what is best for you and come back here and give your best when you are ready.  I will miss you.

I think that there may be a misunderstanding on why I have stopped my posting and won't be commenting on the current situation.  It's not out of frustration with those calling for the coaching staff to be removed and it's also not because I think the staff is doing everything the right way.  They aren't.  It's also not because I think I have some greater understanding of the program than other posters.  I don't. It's simply because I went somewhere I shouldn't have. In another thread, I let my passion for the program get the best of me and made a few comments that encroached on going beyond the kind of things that a player parent should say in a public forum.  I should be more responsible than that.  The next two weeks are a steep uphill climb, but I've been encouraged with what I've seen this week. I hope the players and staff do something to make every Razorback fan proud in the 7 weeks. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 11, 2017, 08:18:08 pm
I think that there may be a misunderstanding on why I have stopped my posting and won't be commenting on the current situation.  It's not out of frustration with those calling for the coaching staff to be removed and it's also not because I think the staff is doing everything the right way.  They aren't.  It's also not because I think I have some greater understanding of the program than other posters.  I don't. It's simply because I went somewhere I shouldn't have. In another thread, I let my passion for the program get the best of me and made a few comments that encroached on going beyond the kind of things that a player parent should say in a public forum.  I should be more responsible than that.  The next two weeks are a steep uphill climb, but I've been encouraged with what I've seen this week. I hope the players and staff do something to make every Razorback fan proud in the 7 weeks. 

Good thoughts my friend. I hope so too. Pulling for the team and this staff to prove everyone wrong. They are capable of doing so. Just got to get it done.
Go Hogs Go!

Pigstie

Quick question....In your opinion, why would CBB hire Enos, allow him to recruit the OL he wanted to fit his vision, at the expense of losing Pittman, only to not allow him to run the offense he envisioned?
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Pigstie on October 11, 2017, 09:37:45 pm
Quick question....In your opinion, why would CBB hire Enos, allow him to recruit the OL he wanted to fit his vision, at the expense of losing Pittman, only to not allow him to run the offense he envisioned?

Whose pinion is ya lookin' fer?  I'd counter that with a question.  Why do you line up in a double TE set with a dotted I formation and try to run against 10 in the box when the result is always the same?  Oh, and not just this season, but dating back as far as you want to go back.  It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight and thinking maybe it will work out this time...   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

Pigstie

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 11, 2017, 08:18:08 pm
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Pigstie on October 11, 2017, 09:47:03 pm

This is exactly why I need to shut up and not post for a while. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

k.c.hawg

FOTH you are a better man than me because if I had a son on the team I could never come to this irrational wasteland and read the things that are witten about players, coaches....the team.

I would like to express my appreciation to your son for being a Razorback, representing the University of Arkansas and the state of Arkansas. It started for me in the mid 60's as a 6 year old looking up to 20 year old's and Coach Broyles. Now I'm a 58 year old and I look at the players as if they are my kids. Tough seasons hurt and I hurt for them. No matter how things shake out, your son is having an experience that will without a doubt be one of the best of his life. I know you will help him keep that perspective and I hope it is one of the best of experiences of your life, as well. God bless and Go Hogs!!! WPS!!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Vantage 8 dude

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pigstie on October 11, 2017, 09:47:03 pm
What a second. Wasn't it pretty universally praised on this site since his hiring that if we lost ANYONE as far as an assistant it should NEVER EVER be Dan. I know I didn't just dream that. And if that be the case then my oh my how the attitudes have changed in some parts.

Cmheinley

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 11, 2017, 09:57:53 pm

Haha I really enjoyed that thread. Completely understand the break until seasons end. Thanks for all the great posts and you will be missed buddy!

gchamblee

gchamblee

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 10, 2017, 08:19:30 am
I'm sure they are all good men but sometimes people fail. Bielema is definitely failing at his highly compensated job. Best wishes to him, his assistants, and to the players for the future.

Classy of you to bring this crap into this particular thread. Expect nothing less from you.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on October 11, 2017, 09:57:53 pm

You sound like a great fan and great dad... let your son know that everything said on Hogville should be taken with a grain of salt as none of these posters impact his future or efforts.    Several of the posters are actually quite loyal Hog fans and have not and would not say anything deleterious about any player or coach and many, simply are negative and want to project harm on everyone.    Just encourage you son to simply do his best as that is all anyone can expect of anyone else.
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)